• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So I was just walking back home after handing in a resume to a store when I see this women handing me a pamphlet that was according to her, a list of potential jobs and stuff. Being tired from walking a lot and not wanting to talk a lot, I took the book and didn't even bother looking at what was on it and I said thank you and left. I Iooked at it for a couple of seconds when it finally dawned to me that what I was holding was a pamphlet of the Watchtower (AKA the Jehovah's Witness book) and I was quick to throw it in the first recycling bin I saw.

I feel both stupid and paranoid. Stupid that I would take that without even looking like an idiot and paranoid that the women claimed she saw me from the store I went to that was a good 20-25 minutes walking distance to where she met me. I really hope that's the last I see of her because I won't be exactly outgoing and positive the next time I see her.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
So I was just walking back home after handing in a resume to a store when I see this women handing me a pamphlet that was according to her, a list of potential jobs and stuff. Being tired from walking a lot and not wanting to talk a lot, I took the book and didn't even bother looking at what was on it and I said thank you and left. I Iooked at it for a couple of seconds when it finally dawned to me that what I was holding was a pamphlet of the Watchtower (AKA the Jehovah's Witness book) and I was quick to throw it in the first recycling bin I saw.

I feel both stupid and paranoid. Stupid that I would take that without even looking like an idiot and paranoid that the women claimed she saw me from the store I went to that was a good 20-25 minutes walking distance to where she met me. I really hope that's the last I see of her because I won't be exactly outgoing and positive the next time I see her.
What is Watchtower? (Or the Jehovah's Witness book)

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
I had a little bit too much to drink a couple nights ago and I'm still feeling miserable. I swear, I will never touch alcohol again.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What is Watchtower? (Or the Jehovah's Witness book)
It's one of those books/pamphlets they try to give you in hopes that you'll join their religion. I just threw it away the moment I looked in to it and I feel like a massive idiot doing what I did yesterday.

Last edited:

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
It's one of those books/pamphlets they try to give you in hopes that you'll join their religion. I just threw it away the moment I looked in to it and I feel like a massive idiot doing what I did yesterday.
A friend of mine once got a couple of those. Some woman came up to his car while he was eating breakfast one morning and pretty much forced them on him. Later that day he brought them over to my place and we just made fun of them. One of them had this thing on the back about how some moth or cicada has really good hearing and apparently that's proof of intelligent design.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
A friend of mine once got a couple of those. Some woman came up to his car while he was eating breakfast one morning and pretty much forced them on him. Later that day he brought them over to my place and we just made fun of them. One of them had this thing on the back about how some moth or cicada has really good hearing and apparently that's proof of intelligent design.
Yeah, the things people believe sometimes is rather humorous. Personally, I would be a lot more aggressive if they ever tried to force the pamphlet on me because i'm not a fan of any sorta belief people try to sell to others.

What really gets me isn't more so the fact that she tricked me in to taking the pamphlet but more so that she claimed to have seen me at a store that was close to a half hour walking distance to where she saw me.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Yeah, the things people believe sometimes is rather humorous. Personally, I would be a lot more aggressive if they ever tried to force the pamphlet on me because i'm not a fan of any sorta belief people try to sell to others.

What really gets me isn't more so the fact that she tricked me in to taking the pamphlet but more so that she claimed to have seen me at a store that was close to a half hour walking distance to where she saw me.
That sounds really suspicious. Mostly if someone offers me a pamphlet il just say "No thanks. I am not interested." but TBH i been recently thinking that may sound kind of rude...

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That sounds really suspicious. Mostly if someone offers me a pamphlet il just say "No thanks. I am not interested." but TBH i been recently thinking that may sound kind of rude...
It's not rude if you are polite about it. You are just being honest in your disinterest.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
It's not rude if you are polite about it. You are just being honest in your disinterest.
Well when i say it i like to be polite about show my disinterest.

BTW congrats for becoming a mod!! :)

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Just now, I was in an online doubles tournament. We were Team Fate Changers; a Robin and Lucina duo. We overcame many teams, and in some instances, I could have sworn we would have lost. But we made it to the Semifinals in the Loser's Bracket. We were doing good until tragedy stroke. My very own mother spotted me and commanded me to go to sleep. I tried to convince her how important it was to me, but it appears she just didn't want to listen. I was forced to forfeit midmatch, letting my teammate, and even myself down. We got so far, all to be stopped in an instance by parenting. I understand that she was doing this for the better of me, but I can't bear to live the guilt of having making my partner forfeit. This feeling I have right now, as I'm typing this, is truly overwhelming. I honestly just want to curl up and cry myself to sleep for the rest of my life. I can no longer show my face towards others, as I'm afraid I'll let them down even more.
...I'm sorry for coming out like this. I just needed a place, where people would understand, and this is it. Don't feel sorry for me; it was my own careless mistake. How could I possibly think I could have finished the tournament in an hour or so? Well, that's enough sorrow for one post, I suppose.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Just now, I was in an online doubles tournament. We were Team Fate Changers; a Robin and Lucina duo. We overcame many teams, and in some instances, I could have sworn we would have lost. But we made it to the Semifinals in the Loser's Bracket. We were doing good until tragedy stroke. My very own mother spotted me and commanded me to go to sleep. I tried to convince her how important it was to me, but it appears she just didn't want to listen. I was forced to forfeit midmatch, letting my teammate, and even myself down. We got so far, all to be stopped in an instance by parenting. I understand that she was doing this for the better of me, but I can't bear to live the guilt of having making my partner forfeit. This feeling I have right now, as I'm typing this, is truly overwhelming. I honestly just want to curl up and cry myself to sleep for the rest of my life. I can no longer show my face towards others, as I'm afraid I'll let them down even more.
...I'm sorry for coming out like this. I just needed a place, where people would understand, and this is it. Don't feel sorry for me; it was my own careless mistake. How could I possibly think I could have finished the tournament in an hour or so? Well, that's enough sorrow for one post, I suppose.
What time did the tournament start, and what time did she tell you to go to bed? I definitely know how that feels...it still happens after I graduate from college. :/

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
What time did the tournament start, and what time did she tell you to go to bed? I definitely know how that feels...it still happens after I graduate from college. :/
The tournament started at around 10 P.M. EST, which frankly, I have no idea as to why it starts so late, so I'm going to have to speak them about that. It was nearing 1 A.M. EST before she forcefully sentenced me to bed. Thanks for relating, though. After a good night's rest, I'm feeling much better.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
It's very difficult for me to movtivate myself to travel far for 2 stock smash tournaments. I think I'm fairly good at the game and I want the experience but traveling to a venue, paying, and then only geting to play 2 stocks per match at a tourney where there are almost no setups for friendly is beyond frustrating.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I've felt that way more than once, mate. I relate.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
My tummy is rumbling. However, I'm making an effort to lose weight because my mom keeps telling me I'm gaining weight. So far, I've cut my servings down to one plate of food per meal during meals at work, which is 3 times a weekday minus Friday night. I guess it doesn't help that I tend to get chocolate covered almonds and drink lots of Snapple tea in an attempt to stay awake at work...Even then I cut down how many snacks I eat, and all the snacks at work are made from organic ingredients and such. Why can't I lose weight? :(

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Losing weight isn't just about eating less. Eating healthy, and burning calories via exercise will get you there in a much better way than just eating less.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
My tummy is rumbling. However, I'm making an effort to lose weight because my mom keeps telling me I'm gaining weight. So far, I've cut my servings down to one plate of food per meal during meals at work, which is 3 times a weekday minus Friday night. I guess it doesn't help that I tend to get chocolate covered almonds and drink lots of Snapple tea in an attempt to stay awake at work...Even then I cut down how many snacks I eat, and all the snacks at work are made from organic ingredients and such. Why can't I lose weight? :(
I feel ya dude. It's very hard for me to lose weight with my non-existent metabolism. The only time I was able to lose weight a long time ago was to not eat anything, and trust me, you will become sick and feel gross.

Also, you may be weighing yourself too much. You see, your body is constantly changing. Even if you don't realise it. Fluids are going in and out. Organs are getting filled or getting drained. That's why your weight fluctuates by a pound or three every day. Not only that, it takes a week for your body fat to actually grow or shrink.

Last edited:

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
:/ try eating heavy foods, they keep you filled up longer

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Oddly enough, sometimes your body tells you it's hungry and all you need to do is get something to drink.
Literally I gotta lose some weight (gotta drop like eh, 20 LBS or something) and literally water randomly works. It's the funniest thing. Plus, it helps because due to ADD/ADHD, I kinda tend to compulsively eat stuff cause the lack of self control and what not, so water helps out with that.

So its... Still~Wolf approved. (if you cared :p)

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Losing weight isn't just about eating less. Eating healthy, and burning calories via exercise will get you there in a much better way than just eating less.
I finding it hard to lose weight. I feel like doing exercise but i never do it for some reason.

D

Deleted member

My friend always sounds so bored and uninterested whenever I text her. But in person she's lively and the total opposite of how she texts me. But I'm just so annoyed with her at the moment because she owes me $6 and makes excuses as to why she can't owe me and the rare times I ask for her to give me a ride she can't. Yet she's always more than welcome to give her other friends rides when they need it and whenever I want to hang out with her she tells me she can't. Yet I go on her Facebook and see that she hangs out with her other friends instead so I'm starting to feel that I'm a second string friend to her and that she only talks to me and wants to hang out with me when none of her 'better' friends can. That hurts a lot.

And another thing, I was really angry earlier that I hit my sister's laptop and it kinda stopped working. D:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I feel ya dude. It's very hard for me to lose weight with my non-existent metabolism. The only time I was able to lose weight a long time ago was to not eat anything, and trust me, you will become sick and feel gross.

Also, you may be weighing yourself too much. You see, your body is constantly changing. Even if you don't realise it. Fluids are going in and out. Organs are getting filled or getting drained. That's why your weight fluctuates by a pound or three every day. Not only that, it takes a week for your body fat to actually grow or shrink.
I don't weight myself. I get told that I look like I'm getting fatter...

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
"The Unhappy thread" this problematic entity doesn't just contribute to myself to become unhappy, but also contributes to my living to become unbearable to nourish towards today's society (The Media) oh yes it has a name. Thanks.

Last edited:

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
Yes most diet problems come from just a simple lack of drinking a normal amount of water or eating fruit/veggies instead of downing a 12 pack of soda and 3 cups of coffee a day. Both of those have become household addictions that people don't even realize they are addicted to. They are completely empty and unnecessary to our daily diet, it's best to just imagine they don't exist. After a while you will feel so much better and you will stop craving them.

D

Deleted member 269706

I'm tired. I'm ever so tired. Not like that kind of tired, just tired of living.

jemjam98

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0361-7771-9268
On the topic of weight loss, dont blame yourself for it too hard. I'm 5'4" and I've stayed around 110 - 115 lbs since forever. And it's not the result of working out because I don't work out, it's not the result of eating well because I don't eat well, it's not the result of starving myself because I don't starve myself, its not the result of anything I'm doing. Odds are, I'm probably rotting away on the inside with how unhealthy I am. But thanks to genetics and more than likely genetics only, I will probably never have to worry about being criticized for it.

If you're overweight, it doesn't mean you're overweight because you don't try. Some people have to work harder to get what they want [the body they want] than others.

Thats how a lot of things are in life, you're born with it and you have it easy or you're not and you don't. Different strokes for different folks. Keep working hard and you'll get there.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I cannot stop thinking about drinking Pepsi and eating cabury chocolate... help me...

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Now that Fire Emblem If/Fates is out in Japan, I've been searching absolutely everywhere for Male Robin's amiibo portrait. I eventually found it on Serenes Forest, and apparently his and Lucina's are the same exact one as it was in Awakening. I got my hopes up for a new portrait; it was the only thing I was looking forward to in If/Fates. But I suppose I can live with it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I got mad to the point of yelling. Someone told me that wasn't a good way to handle things, and instead should tell people to chill if they keep trying to rope me into their dramatic venting sessions.

Then they told me "you can't just tell them to calm down! the emotions will build up and they might explode and bad things might happen!"

... :facepalm:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Is it normal for a mother to say "Get your dog out of my room or i'll break its neck!!"?

spamwichx

Smash Cadet
NNID
samantharrgh
someone broke into my car early this morning and wrecked the lock and took my $100 stethescope, cash and blister packet of prescription meds that will make them feel terrible if they take them. thankful they didn't start the car and set it on fire. pretty bummed tho.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Hope is such an anxiety inducing thing.

At my current job I'm not making as much money as I think I should and since college my career has progressed much slower than I would have liked. Last fall I had an interview for an amazing job opportunity in Albany NY(it's a 12.5/hour raise from what I'm making now). Long story short they said it wa close but they decided to go with a different candidae, this winter I was resubmitted for tha job department again and for whatever reason they rejected all the candidates(at least that's what I was told), and now I'm being resubmitted for that same department again and I'm trying not to get my hopes up again cuz it could easily fizzle out but it's difficult not to.

In addition I don't know if I should even take the position as it would require me jumping ship from this job(I'm just a bit over halfway through my current contract) which I've never done before; as well as living outside of NJ, which I've also never done before.

Edit1: If I get the job then I'll definately take it. It gives too great an opportunity to get my life in order.

Edit2: I was accidently copied on a mass e-mail to find more candidates for the job. If I wasn't confident about my prspects before then now...... :/

Last edited:
Online tournaments suck in terms of reasonable length. Don't expect anything of them, just hope you find ones where you'll be able to set aside a day for them rather than really late ones, or try hosting one. I used to run them and they're stressful to host. Local events to me are infinitely better as both a guest and host. It took me years to go to any, but they start to roll by after the first one.

Top Bottom