• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Update :

My son's Birthday went well, got him a good present for $50.00 even though thats more money than I have to spend on a gift right now.. I don't care. He loved his Batcave Playset :)

Work is not going well, at all. I was stuck at 11 deals on Friday (need 12 for my bonus) and was told if I bring in the last deal today (Monday) that it would count for last month and I would be paid the bonus.

Lo and behold, I brought the deal in today and was told that it was never agreed that it would count towards my bonus and it counts for this month.

Needless to say, I'm looking for a new job. I am being scammed hard, and there are so many arbitrary subjective things they put each deal through, in my opinion it's to avoid paying commissions that they promise to pay for reaching X goal or target. They make the money attractive, but then put 10000 obstacles in your way, douse them in gasoline, and make you jump through them... I'm sick of it.

I have a few leads on other jobs, will be checking em out before doing anything.

I'll tell you one thing for damn sure, that one sale that should have counted for last month... is the only f***ing sale I plan on making these greedy ******** this month. I am intentionally not trying... at all. Give em a taste of their own medicine, pay me my salary and get nothing in return... sound familiar? like when I sign up 11 people that will pay you for the next 3 years and you can't give me the tiniest cut?

FML. Seriously. I'll make it through somehow but times are still very rough. Seeing my kids smile this weekend made it all worth it though.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm so glad you were able to get your son something nice for his birthday. I know that meant a lot to you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your job situation. That is a cruddy thing they did to you. I don't blame you at all for being sore and looking elsewhere. An employee should be able to trust their employer and vise versa. As far as the hoops you must jump through and all that jazz....that sounds awful.

Definitely follow up on those job leads, it really sounds like you could use a change.

I have one piece of advice.....

I'll tell you one thing for damn sure, that one sale that should have counted for last month... is the only f***ing sale I plan on making these greedy *******s this month. I am intentionally not trying... at all.
Don't do this. You have no idea if your job leads will work out. Do your job to the best of your ability until you leave. That way, if your job prospects don't end up working, you won't find yourself in an even worse predicament. Besides, wouldn't it be nice to stick it to your employer by getting the sales, getting the bonus, then taking your money and leaving to another job? I think that would be a great feeling.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Don't do this. You have no idea if your job leads will work out. Do your job to the best of your ability until you leave. That way, if your job prospects don't end up working, you won't find yourself in an even worse predicament. Besides, wouldn't it be nice to stick it to your employer by getting the sales, getting the bonus, then taking your money and leaving to another job? I think that would be a great feeling.
Really good advice, but sales takes a lot of positive energy. It's literally impossible to sell something on the phone without a smile, oldest trick in the book is "smile and dial"

Who knows, I'm depressed again today but I was able to kick this feeling last week and I can do it again. Jam practice tonight, maybe playing some heavy metal with my band will do me some good. Get out the agression in a positive way and come into work with a clear head tomorrow.

DEFINITELY finding another job though. I don't mind the obstacles as much as I hate being lied to, that's crossing the line.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Really good advice, but sales takes a lot of positive energy. It's literally impossible to sell something on the phone without a smile, oldest trick in the book is "smile and dial"

Who knows, I'm depressed again today but I was able to kick this feeling last week and I can do it again. Jam practice tonight, maybe playing some heavy metal with my band will do me some good. Get out the agression in a positive way and come into work with a clear head tomorrow.

DEFINITELY finding another job though. I don't mind the obstacles as much as I hate being lied to, that's crossing the line.
I'll take your word on that, I have zero sales experience. But I understand that a positive attitude really makes a difference. I hope getting out that negative energy helps.

Definitely keep the job hunt alive. That was low of them to do and you deserve better than that.

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
I'm not going to say I condone what they did, however you can't react like a time bomb. Being enraged only makes things harder.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Im not sad, but one of my fears is not knowing if I will ever get my life together, or at least you know be successful, it always comes up when I evaluate myself, I know I can do better for myself, its just figuring out how to clean up past mistakes.
(Messing up in college,debt,etc)

Anyways anyone who is unhappy ima throw some positive vibes your way!

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
Im not sad, but one of my fears is not knowing if I will ever get my life together, or at least you know be successful, it always comes up when I evaluate myself, I know I can do better for myself, its just figuring out how to clean up past mistakes.
(Messing up in college,debt,etc)

Anyways anyone who is unhappy ima throw some positive vibes your way!
Success is really only there is you allow yourself to have it. I mean, I'm not sure how you would go about fixing those, however the self is where strength and ability come from.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Broke up with my girlfriend today, it was a long time coming but it's still disappointing.

Last edited:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Broke up with my girlfriend today, it was a lon time coming but it's still disappointing.
Sorry to hear that man :( But if it's a long time coming maybe it needed to happen. You'll find real happiness on your own... and think of all the freedom you have now!

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Sorry to hear that man :( But if it's a long time coming maybe it needed to happen. You'll find real happiness on your own... and think of all the freedom you have now!
It absolutely did need to happen, but even when you're able to rationalize and make sense of it all, it doesn't really change the bad feelings you have. Relationships are an emotional thing after all

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
It absolutely did need to happen, but even when you're able to rationalize and make sense of it all, it doesn't really change the bad feelings you have. Relationships are an emotional thing after all
Tell me about it. I was married for 4 years and I have two kids... not living with my kids anymore was the toughest for me, but there's always an emotional attachment to the woman as well.

It can be tougher for men than it is for women. Women get over breakups at a rate 10x faster than men do typically. Also women are constantly shopping their options and men are more loyal on average. (Not trying to be sexist... but I have many female friends who cry after a breakup and date a new guy a week later, and the male friends I have that go through breakups typically take months even years to get over it... so that's where this opinion comes from)

But hey, there are always bright sides to things. For example my ex wife forbid me from playing melee / any video game really and was a horrible person once we moved in together.... now I've been single for 3 years, loving it, and I play as many damn video games as I want XD I also see my kids every weekend.

Chin up soldier. You can get through this. Pro tip : Avoid sad songs. Listen to some uplifting music or spoil yourself and buy a new video game and escape into fantasy for a bit.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We aren't shopping our best option, we just usually have a back up plan if things don't work out for whatever reason. I'm not saying we are perfect, but I believe guys give women the need to be cautious in that respect. If we are in an abusive relationship or if you cheat, we have to know what we are going to do to survive and get along.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
We aren't shopping our best option, we just usually have a back up plan if things don't work out for whatever reason. I'm not saying we are perfect, but I believe guys give women the need to be cautious in that respect. If we are in an abusive relationship or if you cheat, we have to know what we are going to do to survive and get along.
You say this and people wonder why there is so much misogyny in the gaming community.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You say this and people wonder why there is so much misogyny in the gaming community.
Just trying to be truthful. But I don't see how it relates. Most gamers I've known are neither violent towards women or serial cheaters. In fact, it is the other way around: decent guys and loyal guys.....very gentleman like for the most part. Besides, the gaming community seems to love their female characters. Lol.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Just trying to be truthful. But I don't see how it relates. Most gamers I've known are neither violent towards women or serial cheaters. In fact, it is the other way around: decent guys and loyal guys.....very gentleman like for the most part. Besides, the gaming community seems to love their female characters. Lol.
Well that's the point, gamers are decent gentlemen and that's why we tend to dislike girls who think like you.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Well that's the point, gamers are decent gentlemen and that's why we tend to dislike girls who think like you.
*shrugs* that's probably also why a lot of women dislike gamers unless they are one themselves; they don't get it.

I'm just being honest. If I'm disliked by someone for it, then that's their prerogative. I'm not saying that we can't recognize a really good guy when we see one. But a woman that doesn't have a plan for herself is foolish. That said, if a woman finds true love and it leads to marriage or whatever....then we shouldn't need to plan for something like that. Of course that all changes when children are introduced.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
*shrugs* that's probably also why a lot of women dislike gamers unless they are one themselves; they don't get it.
And that goes to hurthur feed the misogyny. I'm pointing this out not as a slam against you, but to just explain why a lot of gamers don't feel the need to show women any respect.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
And that goes to hurthur feed the misogyny. I'm pointing this out not as a slam against you, but to just explain why a lot of gamers don't feel the need to show women any respect.
Oh I know. I'm not mad. It can be a terrible cycle that I know I play my part in. Just the way we need to be sometimes. It's one of those "why can't we all just get along" instances. :)

Last edited:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I respect you so goddamn much right now.. Admitting that is very tough, most women would just cry "SEXISM!" in defense to my opinion.

Guys are prone to doing this as well, it's just that we typically have less options as we are not approached and are forced to be the one to approach usually. Where as a girl is constantly solicited by males, and I bet that it's annoying as hell sometimes, I hate seeing my female friends get hit on when it makes them uncomfortable...

Need to find an honnest girl like you someday :) That's what I need!

Please, the gamers you are describing have problems with self confidence and choose to blame it on women, and use childish terms like "the friendzone" (Which doesn't actually exist) Especially if you think that being honnest about your female nature is a problem. Wearing Fedoras doesn't help much either :laugh: (jk)

I'm a HUGE gamer, and I'm not a decent gentleman (virgin) at all. I'm a straight up, brutally honnest jerk. But I'm also the best friend you could ever have since I won't sugarcoat things or just be a sounding board :D

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I respect you so goddamn much right now.. Admitting that is very tough, most women would just cry "SEXISM!" in defense to my opinion.

Guys are prone to doing this as well, it's just that we typically have less options as we are not approached and are forced to be the one to approach usually. Where as a girl is constantly solicited by males, and I bet that it's annoying as hell sometimes, I hate seeing my female friends get hit on when it makes them uncomfortable...

Need to find an honnest girl like you someday :) That's what I need!
I'm just trying to be honest. I'm sure a lot of people do it on both sides of the gender line, but I can't speak for why men would need to do it.

I guess now you know if you can find a woman to admit that, then you've found your match !!!:laugh:

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Please, the gamers you are describing have problems with self confidence and choose to blame it on women. Especially if you think that being honnest about your female nature is a problem. Wearing Fedoras doesn't help much either :laugh: (jk)

I'm a HUGE gamer, and I'm not a decent gentleman (virgin) at all. I'm a straight up, brutally honnest ******* :D
This just seems stupid to me.

Why do you think it's more likely to be a lack of self confidence projection rather the disgusting sentiment Cyanide has? You were married to a woman who did the exact samething to you, you should think twice before thoughtlessly running to Women's defense.

Last edited:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
This just seems stupid to me. Why do you think it's more likely to be a lack of self confidence projection rather the disgusting sentiment Cyanide ahas? You were married to a woman who did the exact samething to you, you should think twice before thoughtlessly running to Women's defense.
Please, I'm impressed with her because she's the first girl I've seen actually admit to what we all know is female nature.

It's like when a guy says he doesn't look at other girls bodies in public... TOTAL B.S. All men look around, we're literally programmed to do it.

But trust me bro "Nice guys" are more of a pet peeve for me than ****** women, any day of the week....

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I'm not very good when it comes to socializing.... Especially with women...
Alcohol!

No, seriously though, why is that? are you a shy person? Try talking about them instead of talking about you. The sad truth is that although your friends will care about you... most people would prefer to talk about themselves than talk about you 99.9999% of the time, even a close friend or family member. Human nature.

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
Alcohol!

No, seriously though, why is that? are you a shy person? Try talking about them instead of talking about you. The sad truth is that although your friends will care about you... most people would prefer to talk about themselves than talk about you 99.9999% of the time, even a close friend or family member. Human nature.
lol, 1. I'm very introverted
2. I'm very awkward to be around
3. I didn't have friends until the 8th grade

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
There is really no advice to be given except that you just have to take the plunge and just start talking. The only way it will ever get easier is to practice. :)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
How old are you now? Are you still in highschool? If so... life begins for real after highschool. I was never a popular kid, but as an adult I've made more friends than I can count and it's an amazing rewarding experience.

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
Those people are stupid, I hope you do not see yourself in such a way.
I don't
How old are you now? Are you still in highschool? If so... life begins for real after highschool. I was never a popular kid, but as an adult I've made more friends than I can count and it's an amazing rewarding experience.
19, been a year since I've graduated HighSchool

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I don't

19, been a year since I've graduated HighSchool
Well, the good news is that you're at the tail end of an awkward era. Your 20's is where you will meet and decide who your REAL friends are.

The measure of a good friend isn't how they treat you when you're up but how they treat you when you're down...

Top Bottom