• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Well, what happened yesterday was that I was doing my examination and apparently someone from my class got kicked out of the exam for a reason which I do not know because I was so busy concentrating on the paper. All I could recall was him swearing and he literally kicked and slammed the door 3 times to which he damaged the door as he exited.

This is quite a shock for me because I know him since he was in the same class as me in one of my courses and even though I spoke to him a little to which I got the impression that he is a nice lad, this is the first time I've seen him behaved like that.
You never found out what happened?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
You never found out what happened?
I haven't found out the exact purpose as of yet. I could ask one of my mates to tell me what happened to him, as they were seated closely within the exam. But that will probably have to wait until the beginning of June, since its half term for me beginning next week.

It's not just me who is shocked by the events, the majority of students within the exam were surprised by this as well.

YourCityPigeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
FirewhaleSH
Speaking of exams... I am starting my mid year exams here in Australia soon. I am not too worried, except for Maths. I did terrible on my last test, and this exam is worth much more. I'm studying my ass off, but I when I do a practice exam I just feeling stressed out.

My parents don't really care for my grades except in math. When I do exceptional in my favourite classes, Computer Science and Media, they don't care as much as if I did well in Math.

So yeah, I have been studying and I know how to do everything at a basic level. I just find myself stressed out during tests, making me screw up questions or run out of time.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Speaking of exams... I am starting my mid year exams here in Australia soon. I am not too worried, except for Maths. I did terrible on my last test, and this exam is worth much more. I'm studying my *** off, but I when I do a practice exam I just feeling stressed out.

My parents don't really care for my grades except in math. When I do exceptional in my favourite classes, Computer Science and Media, they don't care as much as if I did well in Math.

So yeah, I have been studying and I know how to do everything at a basic level. I just find myself stressed out during tests, making me screw up questions or run out of time.
Just do the best you can. Study study study. If you need more help, the find a tutor. I'm not a fan of math either.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
My brother's friend is gonna be moving out of town in order to find a new job. I feel saddened by this because he's considered a friend of mine, too. Now that he's gonna be gone, I don't know who I'm gonna play with on Smash anymore besides my older brother.

Time to add random people as friends, I guess.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My brother's friend is gonna be moving out of town in order to find a new job. I feel saddened by this because he's considered a friend of mine, too. Now that he's gonna be gone, I don't know who I'm gonna play with on Smash anymore besides my older brother.

Time to add random people as friends, I guess.
Or you can make new friends.

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
Cyndane throwing out grade-A shots. Yeesh.
I mean, finding smashes can be hard to do, that's certain. Maybe look for local tournaments and whatnot.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Anyone who frequents the happy thread knows that I got a job a few weeks ago. Well, I thought I did. Paperwork was done, employee ID was done, literally all that needed taken care of was a start date.

And then the recruiter gets a message (seemingly about several people, since it mentions 'candidates') after about two weeks of silence. And the email basically says 'sorry but we don't actually need these people.' It's no wonder they're closing down the office in a month if this is how they operate.

I was fairly depressed at first, now I'm just angry and determined. Thankfully some other recruiters have been giving me a hand (general advice, submitting me to other jobs, etc) with my hunt.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Anyone who frequents the happy thread knows that I got a job a few weeks ago. Well, I thought I did. Paperwork was done, employee ID was done, literally all that needed taken care of was a start date.

And then the recruiter gets a message (seemingly about several people, since it mentions 'candidates') after about two weeks of silence. And the email basically says 'sorry but we don't actually need these people.' It's no wonder they're closing down the office in a month if this is how they operate.

I was fairly depressed at first, now I'm just angry and determined. Thankfully some other recruiters have been giving me a hand (general advice, submitting me to other jobs, etc) with my hunt.
Well that's definitely a let down. At least you have other people looking at you. Still though. Sorry you had to go through that.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I got a temp job until Mid-July. It's good. However, I'm also continuing my part-time job on weekends in case it doesn't become permanent. So I'm working 6-7 days a week basically. Also, I get sleepy during my temp job. I don't want to be let go due to how often I get sleepy even with enough sleep. :(

Edit: I seriously couldn't focus at all during the training today...

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If you don't think you can handle it it may be best to let it go and keep looking around.
Financially it makes more sense to keep doing the job. Plus they provide three meals a day except no dinner on Friday. I won't have my mom complaining about me only working part time retail while doing this, especially since I'd be staying at my grandma's house 4 nights a week due to proximity to the job instead of commuting an hour each way every day. I just have to stay strong for the next couple months.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Financially it makes more sense to keep doing the job. Plus they provide three meals a day except no dinner on Friday. I won't have my mom complaining about me only working part time retail while doing this, especially since I'd be staying at my grandma's house 4 nights a week due to proximity to the job instead of commuting an hour each way every day. I just have to stay strong for the next couple months.
It sounds like you are taking the most responsible route, which is probably good. Who knows what doors it may open. Any experience is good as far as jobs go.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
:)

Exactly, you got to get out there to make new friends @ H Heroine of Winds or you will be stuck with online play and no one really likes that.
It's hard to find someone to play Smash with where I live. Most people I do hang out with don't even play games at all anymore. They have families now and they have no time for gaming. It's no wonder I'm slowly losing interest in gaming lately.

And there are no tournaments where I live either.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's hard to find someone to play Smash with where I live. Most people I do hang out with don't even play games at all anymore. They have families now and they have no time for gaming. It's no wonder I'm slowly losing interest in gaming lately.

And there are no tournaments where I live either.
That's tough. At least you still have your brother to play with.

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
Practice other hobbies more, pick up newer things. Add these to your legendary lineup. If you can't have as much fun with gaming, find that fun in something else.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
That's tough. At least you still have your brother to play with.
I'm just not gonna bother with multiplayer games anymore. They're pretty much dead to me anyway.

Practice other hobbies more, pick up newer things. Add these to your legendary lineup. If you can't have as much fun with gaming, find that fun in something else.
That's what I've been doing lately. I've been going back into watching movies a lot more compared to back when I only cared about games. I'm also going back into reading books again, so it's a good start for me.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm just not gonna bother with multiplayer games anymore. They're pretty much dead to me anyway.

I'm also going back into reading books again, so it's a good start for me.
I like single player games better anyways.

Reading was going to be my next suggestion. Find a good long series and read through it. To me, there's nothing better than getting immersed in a great story. What kind of books do you enjoy?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I work in sales... monthly commission. Need 12 sales minimum to get bonus of $800.00 and goes upwards per sale after that.

My salary gets eaten alive by child support ($150.00 per week), so I make 17$ an hour but only clear $310.00 per week (I only work 34 hours a week, well.. I work late all the time but they dont pay me for it) 1240$ a month is not close to enough to pay my rent and everything else I need to pay.

I can't stand this anymore. Having to hit commission just to stay afloat and avoid ending up on the street (which has happened to me before due to child support = cant afford rent) My mother can't help as she is in a woman's shelter and a severe alcoholic, and my father doesn't care at all about my situation.

I'm at 11 deals. I need one more to make my $800.00 or I make ZERO. Every one of my follow up calls is dying, promised deals dropping like flies.

I feel like a complete failure, as a man, as a father, as a salesman. My son's Birthday is Saturday and I can't afford to get him an expensive present like his mother (who is on wellfare/social assistance/my child support/hasnt worked in 6 years) and it's breaking my heart.

I honnestly feel like killing myself. But I won't because I know how much it would hurt my friends and my kids. I really don't feel like living my life anymore though. I feel like no matter what I do I'll never get out of debt and can't provide a bright future for my two sons because of these financial issues.

/sad pathetic rant

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I work in sales... monthly commission. Need 12 sales minimum to get bonus of $800.00 and goes upwards per sale after that.

My salary gets eaten alive by child support ($150.00 per week), so I make 17$ an hour but only clear $310.00 per week (I only work 34 hours a week, well.. I work late all the time but they dont pay me for it) 1240$ a month is not close to enough to pay my rent and everything else I need to pay.

I can't stand this anymore. Having to hit commission just to stay afloat and avoid ending up on the street (which has happened to me before due to child support = cant afford rent) My mother can't help as she is in a woman's shelter and a severe alcoholic, and my father doesn't care at all about my situation.

I'm at 11 deals. I need one more to make my $800.00 or I make ZERO. Every one of my follow up calls is dying, promised deals dropping like flies.

I feel like a complete failure, as a man, as a father, as a salesman. My son's Birthday is Saturday and I can't afford to get him an expensive present like his mother (who is on wellfare/social assistance/my child support/hasnt worked in 6 years) and it's breaking my heart.

I honnestly feel like killing myself. But I won't because I know how much it would hurt my friends and my kids. I really don't feel like living my life anymore though. I feel like no matter what I do I'll never get out of debt and can't provide a bright future for my two sons because of these financial issues.

/sad pathetic rant
I'm very saddened by your story. And it's ok to rant, that's what this thread is for.

First off, I don't see a failure, I see a man who is doing everything in his power to take care of his business. The fact that you still grind away everyday with little to show for it is inspiring. One day, when your child is old enough to understand it, he will respect you for your sacrifices. I know it is hard, but take comfort that you are trying your hardest and, most importantly, you are doing the right thing. You aren't a deadbeat. If you want to talk more about it, feel free to pm me. Stay strong, you got this.

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
Tell me, Dylan, is it worth it?
You are doing more than what most can say. You are trying, doing your absolute damndest for what you care about even though it's causing you issues. You're a great man, whether you'd believe it or not.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Appreciate the kind words everyone. Going into today with my chin up and a positive attitude. Even if I don't get that one sale it's not worth my happiness in exchange... I'll find a way to make ends meet no matter what.

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
Appreciate the kind words everyone. Going into today with my chin up and a positive attitude. Even if I don't get that one sale it's not worth my happiness in exchange... I'll find a way to make ends meet no matter what.
People like you inspire me, you're giving your all to make things better for your two sons despite no one noticing your efforts because you can't afford expensive gifts.

I have suggestions though, you should play as much as you can with your sons during your free time. That way they will understand better that money =/= represent the amount of someone's love. Time bonds people not gifts.

Me second suggestion would be to possibly find a cheaper apartment for rent. Having a smaller rent fee would seriously reduce some weigh on your shoulders and give you a break.

There are some really nice-looking ones for cheap:
http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/search/apa
https://www.trouveunappart.com/?r=M...69&lng1=-73.47&lng2=-73.95&lng3=-73.56726&p=2
http://www.toutmontreal.com/logement-a-louer/

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
People like you inspire me, you're giving your all to make things better for your two sons despite no one noticing your efforts because you can't afford expensive gifts.

I have suggestions though, you should play as much as you can with your sons during your free time. That way they will understand better that money =/= represent the amount of someone's love. Time bonds people not gifts.

Me second suggestion would be to possibly find a cheaper apartment for rent. Having a smaller rent fee would seriously reduce some weigh on your shoulders and give you a break.

There are some really nice-looking ones for cheap:
http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/search/apa
https://www.trouveunappart.com/?r=Montréal, QC, Canada&type=-&size=-&price=501-800&option=-&lat1=45.71&lat2=45.41&lat3=45.50169&lng1=-73.47&lng2=-73.95&lng3=-73.56726&p=2
http://www.toutmontreal.com/logement-a-louer/
Thanks man, that made me feel really good reading it.

My ex and I spoke yesterday and she also was kind, told me that money doesn't matter and the kids love me no matter what and want to see me and always ask about me when im not there (One blessing I have is a friendly relationship with my ex wife / baby momma)

About the apt... 500$ gets me everything... internet, heating, lots of perks, great roomate and a nice house. I could probably get a cheaper rent, but when you factor in everything else I doubt I would get much better than the $500.00 I pay.

The best financial decision I could make would be to quit cigarettes / beer but it's tough, they're a crutch that's hard to let go of when you're down. But that would easily give me an extra 200-300$ a month.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Tell me, Dylan, is it worth it?
You are doing more than what most can say. You are trying, doing your absolute damndest for what you care about even though it's causing you issues. You're a great man, whether you'd believe it or not.
Thanks Vexor! That means a lot to me. I read this last night when I was still feeling very down and it made me feel proud of myself :)

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Good to hear that things worked out for the best with your family, man. Here's hoping the finance situation improves ASAP, too.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So the guy who helped me get the temp job told my dad that I don't interact with others enough and that I eat too much. I'm terrible at leaving first impressions...

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So the guy who helped me get the temp job told my dad that I don't interact with others enough and that I eat too much. I'm terrible at leaving first impressions...
That is a really random thing to tell someone's father. I mean the interacting thing I get.....but saying you eat too much? That so inconsequential. I mean....why?

My advice is....don't....eat....as much...?

Odd.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
That is a really random thing to tell someone's father. I mean the interacting thing I get.....but saying you eat too much? That so inconsequential. I mean....why?

My advice is....don't....eat....as much...?

Odd.
Apparently because I get judged by how much I eat. I eat a lot because food tastes good, and I eat snacks because I get sleepy during work. :(

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Apparently because I get judged by how much I eat. I eat a lot because food tastes good, and I eat snacks because I get sleepy during work. :(
Still it is kind of weird to even take note of it.

Unless you're having one of those kingly feasts everyday in full view of everyone.

image.jpg

In that case, I'd lose the hog head.

Last edited:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Honnestly this guy sounds very judgemental. Some people are introspective, what's so wrong with keeping your head down and working hard? Work is not about making friends, although it's nice if possible.

How do you feel about your eating habits? All that matters is your health, not what others think. But if eating too much is badly affecting your health you might take it as positive criticism...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Honnestly this guy sounds very judgemental. Some people are introspective, what's so wrong with keeping your head down and working hard? Work is not about making friends, although it's nice if possible.

How do you feel about your eating habits? All that matters is your health, not what others think. But if eating too much is badly affecting your health you might take it as positive criticism...
I get seconds. Don't normally get thirds. I get a little bit of everything.

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
The best financial decision I could make would be to quit cigarettes / beer but it's tough, they're a crutch that's hard to let go of when you're down. But that would easily give me an extra 200-300$ a month.
Wean yourself away from it. You never know You can walk until you set the crutches aside.

Last edited:
Top Bottom