• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I should tell you. I'm a very young person before I continue.
One of my friends is in a relationship, which is cool and all. I don't feel like dating should really happen among my age group which makes me a hypocrite but oh well. My one friend has no faith in the other partner of the relationship, which leads to the other one in emotional distress quite commonly.
As a person things have never really pushed me far As a person, and I've never really felt huge emotions on either side of the spectrum. I usually tell them everything as I see it, and attempt to help them in any ways I can, however I'm beginning to wonder, based off today's events, if that is a proper choice. Any ideas?
Are they as young as you? Are we talking grade school age? I think as long as you aren't aggressively sticking your nose into their business, then it is ok. If I were you, however, I would stay out of it. If something does not work out, then you don't want any hostility or blame to be directed towards you.

If your friend comes to you for advice, it is up to you whether you want to get involved to help, it is your friend after all. My advice, though, if it is some kind of lovers quarrel, would be to stay out of it. For your own sake.

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Are they as young as you? Are we talking grade school age? I think as long as you aren't aggressively sticking your nose into their business, then it is ok. If I were you, however, I would stay out of it. If something does not work out, then you don't want any hostility to be directed towards you.

If your friend comes to you for advice, it is up to you whether you want to get involved to help, it is your friend after all. My advice, though, if it is some kind of lovers quarrel, would be to stay out of it. For your own sake.
I'd agree with Cydane. Relationships should be sorted out with those involved. If you feel inclined to help if they come to you, then help, but I wouldn't worry otherwise.

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
I'm in middle school. Yeah, I'm a little younger than them.
Based off of something I told the girl in question, she accused the other of cheating. Another one of our friends was complaining about how our friends always have an issue. I seriously have considered offing myself, as I also believe I'm possessed by some demonic entity.
I'm tired of life in general. People make me mad.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm in middle school. Yeah, I'm a little younger than them.
How much younger? Are they in middle school as well?
Based off of something I told the girl in question, she accused the other of cheating. Another one of our friends was complaining about how our friends always have an issue.
If it is an "infedelity" issue, you should definitely steer clear. I put infidelity in quotes because I don't consider grade school relationships "serious".

I seriously have considered offing myself, as I also believe I'm possessed by some demonic entity.
I'm tired of life in general. People make me mad.
I'm not sure if you are being serious. If you are, it sounds like you should tell your parents this feeling so you can acquire professional help. Having serious thoughts like being possessed can sometimes allude to larger psychological issues. I'd hate to find out you did go through with something like that.

Last edited:

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
Few months.
Same for me. Led to so many arguments... I did cause the backbone of their most recent issue.
I have a counselor but it's not something he understands. I was forced into counseling for "hallucinations"

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Few months.
Same for me. Led to so many arguments... I did cause the backbone of their most recent issue.
I have a counselor but it's not something he understands. I was forced into counseling for "hallucinations"
Ah, I had this issue. Therapist and what not tend to not understand the main issues.
What exactly is your issue though? What makes you believe you are possessed?

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
A ton of negative energy and strength that appears at random points. Really odd thoughts. Sleeping is hell due to simply feeling them. I also see spirits but that's me being weird.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Few months.
Then you're predicament proves my point....just stay out of it.

If it is just a councilor he may not have the training. You might be better off seeing a psychiatrist.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
A ton of negative energy and strength that appears at random points. Really odd thoughts. Sleeping is hell due to simply feeling them. I also see spirits but that's me being weird.
Minus the unusual strength, sounds like some form of depression. At least, what would be diagnosed as depression, I think.
I'd agree with Cydane, see a psychiatrist.

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
I was diagnosed at a hospital already. I've only felt depression twice in my life.
I've woken up in demonic energy before, and have felt a presence within my chest before. Something that I can't control, so it isn't my energy.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I was diagnosed at a hospital already. I've only felt depression twice in my life.
I've woken up in demonic energy before, and have felt a presence within my chest before. Something that I can't control, so it isn't my energy.
I am definitely not trained to diagnose or give you advice on something like that. All I can tell you is find a psychiatrist for an evaluation.

meebius

Smash Apprentice
I used to be severely depressed when I was younger, to the point where I'd contemplate suicide on a daily basis.
Luckily, I've moved passed this and am satisfied with life currently. However, sometimes I fall into that dark abyss and it's really difficult to get out.
To avoid that abyss, I've kept myself busy so I don't have time to think about those things that put me there. Is it healthy to avoid it entirely or should I confront this issue?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I used to be severely depressed when I was younger, to the point where I'd contemplate suicide on a daily basis.
Luckily, I've moved passed this and am satisfied with life currently. However, sometimes I fall into that dark abyss and it's really difficult to get out.
To avoid that abyss, I've kept myself busy so I don't have time to think about those things that put me there. Is it healthy to avoid it entirely or should I confront this issue?
If the issue is still lurking in your mind, then I would seek help if it is something that you can't resolve on your own. If it is lurking, then it remains unresolved, and can be a problem later on in your life.

Last edited:

Lord Xanthan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Master_Xanthan
I am definitely not trained to diagnose or give you advice on something like that. All I can tell you is find a psychiatrist for an evaluation.
I agree, seeing a psychiatrist is definitely the best course of action for Vexor, in my opinion.

Edit: Also, Meebius, if your depression is causing serious issues like considering suicide, you should probably talk to a psychologist or psychiatrist.

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
As someone who deals with this this issue daily (but less severe), you may want to see someone for the issue, before it gets out of hand down the road.

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
People never help for me. They think they understand and they always fail at it.
Meebius, I think your best chance is to look for the root. If there isn't one, try for figure out a way to avoid that general mindset. Not keep busy, but instead what happens when you fall into that situation.

meebius

Smash Apprentice
I've talked to my psychology professor about this before and she suggested that I'd see her in private. I never followed up on this opportunity, I guess I should now.

Lord Xanthan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Master_Xanthan
People never help for me. They think they understand and they always fail at it.
Meebius, I think your best chance is to look for the root. If there isn't one, try for figure out a way to avoid that general mindset. Not keep busy, but instead what happens when you fall into that situation.
You should still try to see a Psychiatrist. Depression left untreated is very bad.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Everyone I know with depression medication hates it. All medication would do is make things worse, I'm afraid.
You don't really know until you try. Stuff works for different people. There's no confirmation on whether or not this would work for you. If you're confident it wouldn't work, then try other methods. Point is though, you have to be willing to try new things, even if other people have said it doesn't help them. One thing is bound to work.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You don't really know until you try. Stuff works for different people. There's no confirmation on whether or not this would work for you. If you're confident it wouldn't work, then try other methods. Point is though, you have to be willing to try new things, even if other people have said it doesn't help them. One thing is bound to work.
This.

Medication that is meant to address psychological issues are different for a lot of people. Sometimes it takes a few cases of trial and error before you can find something that will work for you. The only way to find out is to seek help and try.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That's all the more reason that you should consider seeking help. If a psychiatrist prescribes some kind of medication, you should try it before writing it off.
And don't give up if the first medication does not work. There are dozens of alternatives.

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
The idea of medication is the moral issue. Medication medication medication. If I can win a battle on my own why would I rely on the ploy of man? I do not need something that would alter me as a person to attempt to make me happy. If I am incapable of finding happiness alone, then I don't want happiness enough.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The idea of medication is the moral issue. Medication medication medication. If I can win a battle on my own why would I rely on the ploy of man? I do not need something that would alter me as a person to attempt to make me happy. If I am incapable of finding happiness alone, then I don't want happiness enough.
Sometimes people are incapable of finding happiness. Their brains are just not wired in such a way to make it possible. There is no shame in seeking help from a professional who may prescribe a drug to help.

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
That's a mindset that should be discarded.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
"Ploy of man?" Really?

Did you know part of depression is that kinda denial? That kinda self-defeating, self deprecating mindset?

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So essentially, my outlook on life is wrong.
My general hatred of myself has good intentions.
You are twisting our words to justify your feelings.

We are only trying to help and advise you that you should seek help. You can either take the advice or leave it. I would hope against odds that you would take it.

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
General hatred of self is never in good intentions. Trust me. I deal with this stuff everyday.
We were not saying your outlook is wrong, don't switch our words. We are simply trying to help.

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
He said my mindset should be discarded. That is my outlook on life. How was I supposed to take that? Change my knowledge and understanding of everything I try to do to better myself as a person?
What I'm understanding is the only way you think I can begin to enjoy life is through medication. However, you are basing this off a clouded and uninformed interpretation of myself. You know what I've said but myself as a person is not understood.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Survey says:

You are twisting our words to justify your feelings.
Bingo.

He said my mindset should be discarded. That is my outlook on life. How was I supposed to take that? Change my knowledge and understanding of everything I try to do to better myself as a person?
What I'm understanding is the only way you think I can begin to enjoy life is through medication. However, you are basing this off a clouded and uninformed interpretation of myself. You know what I've said but myself as a person is not understood.
Look man, just admit that there's a problem and go from there---preferably with an open mind. If you don't do that, well, you're gonna be a stick in the mud for God knows how long, wondering why in the hell you're there to start with. Because you said it yourself! This

Change my knowledge and understanding of everything I try to do to better myself as a person?
is exactly what you should be doing. Medicine isn't a slam-bang solution, sure, but it's a start. You don't know, you can't possibly know, until you try. Consider your options.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:
Top Bottom