• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
He said my mindset should be discarded. That is my outlook on life. How was I supposed to take that? Change my knowledge and understanding of everything I try to do to better myself as a person?
What I'm understanding is the only way you think I can begin to enjoy life is through medication. However, you are basing this off a clouded and uninformed interpretation of myself. You know what I've said but myself as a person is not understood.
If you want to try to reach that point without medication then you should try seeing a therapist or psychologist. Try and talk it out first see if you can find happiness on your own through conversation and the perspective of another. We only suggested medications, because you sound like you don't think anything else will work for you. We obviously can't force you to do anything, but I think I can speak for us all when I tell you that we want nothing but the best for you.

Also, you are welcome to PM me anytime you want to talk away from here. I'm always happy to talk things out.

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
He said my mindset should be discarded. That is my outlook on life. How was I supposed to take that? Change my knowledge and understanding of everything I try to do to better myself as a person?
What I'm understanding is the only way you think I can begin to enjoy life is through medication. However, you are basing this off a clouded and uninformed interpretation of myself. You know what I've said but myself as a person is not understood.
I probably should have worded that better, yes. That isn't what I meant though. Seek help. It isn't a ploy or altering you as a person. It is simply offering you assistance in the battle. It isn't a weakness or anything.

I'm trying to help is all. I'm sorry if I'm not helping. It seems you think nothing will work, is all. You have to be open if you want to be better. You can't do everything alone.

I'm sorry if my help isn't good enough. Listen to Cydane.

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
And you say it like it's simple. This sort of thing has me wondering about life more than most. It's easy to find a reason to be happy. Capitalizing on it is the hard part.
Still Wolf, honestly Cydane is telling me to do what my entire core religion and belief system has told me to go against. It's not going to help any more than you.
I'll certainly look into a psychiatrist if I ever get the chance to.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
And you say it like it's simple. This sort of thing has me wondering about life more than most. It's easy to find a reason to be happy. Capitalizing on it is the hard part.
Still Wolf, honestly Cydane is telling me to do what my entire core religion and belief system has told me to go against. It's not going to help any more than you.
I'll certainly look into a psychiatrist if I ever get the chance to.
I'm not trying to get you to do anything, I am only suggesting. If you are that against it and you think it will bring you further unhappiness, then forego that kind of help. If you are the religious type, then perhaps you should seek help from a clergyman in your faith. Like I said, we only want to help you in your search for happiness. I apologize if I came off as pushy, it was not my intent.

Last edited:

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
Aukrio.
You shouldn't be apologizing here. I'm sitting here arguing with you guys over a fight I obviously won't win. Haha... If only we had a clergy. Prolly shoulda' realized whining about something I've dealt with for years wouldn't really help it. Seit.
My apologies, and thanks.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Aukrio.
You shouldn't be apologizing here. I'm sitting here arguing with you guys over a fight I obviously won't win. Haha... If only we had a clergy. Prolly shoulda' realized whining about something I've dealt with for years wouldn't really help it. Seit.
My apologies, and thanks.
That is what this thread is for, to let feelings like that out.

Lord Xanthan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Master_Xanthan
The idea of medication is the moral issue. Medication medication medication. If I can win a battle on my own why would I rely on the ploy of man? I do not need something that would alter me as a person to attempt to make me happy. If I am incapable of finding happiness alone, then I don't want happiness enough.
Or you could look at it a different way. Your depression is what is altering you. The medicine's purpose is to eliminate the the effects of the depression that is altering you.

Lord Xanthan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Master_Xanthan
The naturally occurring depression is what's altering me?
Yes, because let's say you didn't have depression, there is a greater likelihood that you would be a happier person. But because of the depression, it sounds like your quality of life is being negatively impacted. If you sought treatment (even if it is medication) you will have a chance at a happier and better quality of life. Like Cyndane said, a Psychiatrist may have to make a few attempts at finding the right prescription for you, but it's worth a try.

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Yes, because let's say you didn't have depression, there is a greater likelihood that you would be a happier person. But because of the depression, it sounds like your quality of life is being negatively impacted. If you sought treatment (even if it is medication) you will have a chance at a happier and better quality of life. Like Cyndane said, a Psychiatrist may have to make a few attempts at finding the right prescription for you, but it's worth a try.
I can completely agree with this statement, as I have experience.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I can completely agree with this statement, as I have experience.
Exactly.

@ Vexor1011 Vexor1011 , a lot of us here have experience with depression and feelings of worthlessness and various other afflictions. I myself battle my own demons almost daily. Granted, I don't talk about it on here because it makes me uncomfortable and I know other people have problems.

The point I'm trying to make is that we can empathize with you because a lot of us struggle with similar problems. We just want to help.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense. I'm literally half asleep and my eyes burn.

Last edited:

Epikphale

Smash Rookie
I should tell you. I'm a very young person before I continue.
One of my friends is in a relationship, which is cool and all. I don't feel like dating should really happen among my age group which makes me a hypocrite but oh well. My one friend has no faith in the other partner of the relationship, which leads to the other one in emotional distress quite commonly.
As a person things have never really pushed me far As a person, and I've never really felt huge emotions on either side of the spectrum. I usually tell them everything as I see it, and attempt to help them in any ways I can, however I'm beginning to wonder, based off today's events, if that is a proper choice. Any ideas?
m8, I feel as though you seem to think the distrust is based solely on me, she has had relationship issues in the past. Leading to her being a very broken person, which is why I tend to stay away from many CLOSE relationships with people. However i have tried to assure her, every time she believes I'm cheating, I never actually have. You dont understand the difficulty of being on that level of emptyness after repeatedly being punished for trusting people.

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
Cyndane, ya coulda waited to reply XD
m8, I feel as though you seem to think the distrust is based solely on me, she has had relationship issues in the past. Leading to her being a very broken person, which is why I tend to stay away from many CLOSE relationships with people. However i have tried to assure her, every time she believes I'm cheating, I never actually have. You dont understand the difficulty of being on that level of emptyness after repeatedly being punished for trusting people.
I've been told countless times. Simply because I don't understand does not mean I can't concern over it. It's no different than Life.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I don't know what to do with my life. Two years out of college and still working part-time retail. I'm waiting for the Navy recruiter to respond on if I get into OTS, but if I don't, I'm thinking of applying to one of those computer science boot camps. If I can't get into any of those...I'm out of ideas. Grad school would be an option if any professors even knew me well enough to write a recommendation letter. However, I didn't really stand out in college, so they all probably forgot me.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Did you not enjoy your major?
Try finding a hobby you enjoy. Practically everything has a trade to it.
I enjoyed my major. It's just that I can't find a job within my field, including internships. If I found an internship down in LA, I would still not have a way to support myself since internships are usually unpaid. That's what happens when I study Film and Media because all my hobbies fall in that area...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
This is gonna sound stupid.
Have you tried YouTube or streaming or anything of the sort?
YouTube, yes. Mostly had old videos that I eventually made private though. Newer videos are usually contest entries plus a demo reel from my past internship. I would probably need to start fresh with a new channel if I wanted to go for a target audience though. Streaming games would be nice if I could afford a capture device and more games. But then you'd have to be well known and super popular if you want to subsist off of streaming and Youtube alone. Out of the hundreds or thousands of people who try to make a living off that, only a few actually succeed. Thus the best chance I have with that is if I can find a partner to work on videos with and make enough money to actually do things worth filming. I've noticed that videos I've worked on alone never turn out that well compared to group projects.

Edit: And if I do create a new YouTube account, I would have to come up with a better name than "MEWTWOMASTER2002"...or at least something that stands out in a good way and easy for people to remember. :p

Last edited:

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
No, I mean to do something you enjoy. It's not to make it survivable, but it could get you out there. The username is obviously your endeavor, but if you wanna do gaming stuff it's usually okay to start with a camcorder.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Well I just found out my girlfriend is a cheater and a liar. I don’t trust her anymore, I don’t think the relationship is going to last much longer. What I’m finding is that I don’t really care about the cheating, in fact I hardly even cared that she lied about it, what pissess me off is that she won’t admit she lied even after I caught her in it. Imagine she is going to tell me that she didn’t lie because making out with your ex and spending the night with him doesn’t qualify as cheating since they didn’t have sex :glare:

I haven’t spoken to her since I confronted her with this. Probably for the best too, unless she steps up and take full blame there really isn’t anything to say.

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
Probably the best course of action. Trust is essential for all relationships and if not established with either party failure is imminent.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Probably the best course of action. Trust is essential for all relationships and if not established with either party failure is imminent.
If she doesn't contact me then I'll just call her when I get off work. And then if she is stil with her same stubborn bull**** then I'll tel her I think its best we end the relationship.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
If she doesn't contact me then I'll just call her when I get off work. And then if she is stil with her same stubborn bull**** then I'll tel her I think its best we end the relationship.
Sounds like the healthiest option, if she isn't willing to fess up to it. Definitely shouldn't put yourself through that mess.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Everyone pretty much covered it already but I'll just say that the old saying, "once a cheater, always a cheater" holds true a lot of the time. Besides, now you will always be suspicious. I'd end it regardless if she tells you or not.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I can't handle this anymore....

So my Mother has promised to not drink at all for a year.

A few days ago she broke that promise.

My whole family hates it when my Mother drinks. Even if she has one bottle, she denies everything and hates everyone. An hour ago she told me that I am a lazy asshole and don't care about anyone because I didn't take the dogs out. She says that she will force me to stay at my Father's place so I can be "punished" for the whole Summer. This is a terrible idea though since my Father lives in an a one-man apartment filled with bugs, trash, and smoked cigarettes, including the ashes. I am starting to get flat-out tired of her because of her dumb decisions and the fact that she broke a major promise. I am tempted to just take those beer bottles in the fridge and throw them away or just flat-out kill myself. I am afraid that my Mother will slap me if I throw away the beer bottles though. To make things worse is that I am afraid I will retaliate in a physical way, and the police shows up. I don't wanna think about that too much since that situation gives me chills even just by thinking about it.

I honestly have no idea what I should do. I really need help right now before another bad thing happens. Especially from @ Cyn Cyn ...

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I can't handle this anymore....

So my Mother has promised to not drink at all for a year.

A few days ago she broke that promise.

My whole family hates it when my Mother drinks. Even if she has one bottle, she denies everything and hates everyone. An hour ago she told me that I am a lazy ******* and don't care about anyone because I didn't take the dogs out. She says that she will force me to stay at my Father's place so I can be "punished" for the whole Summer. This is a terrible idea though since my Father lives in an a one-man apartment filled with bugs, trash, and smoked cigarettes, including the ashes. I am starting to get flat-out tired of her because of her dumb decisions and the fact that she broke a major promise. I am tempted to just take those beer bottles in the fridge and throw them away or just flat-out kill myself. I am afraid that my Mother will slap me if I throw away the beer bottles though. To make things worse is that I am afraid I will retaliate in a physical way, and the police shows up. I don't wanna think about that too much since that situation gives me chills even just by thinking about it.

I honestly have no idea what I should do. I really need help right now before another bad thing happens. Especially from @ Cyn Cyn ...
Hey tea,

I'm sorry to hear about all that. Above all, you have to remember that alcoholism is a disease. You can never take the ramblings of a drunk seriously. I know those ramblings can be hurtful and all around terrible. Alcoholics are very much prone to relapse since alcohol is a drug that is so readily available. If she has not sought support, perhaps you should try and convince her to join an AA group. Some people benefit greatly from the support of people who have been in similar circumstances.

Take what she says with a grain of salt. Drunk people can't always be held accountable for what they say. I would try and convince her to seek help though. It could be potentially life changing for her. If you do end up at your dads, well, cross that bridge when you get there. Until then, focus on your mom.

Feel free to PM me. I'm kind of sick, so I'll be on intermittently.

Edit: Don't do anything that you think will provoke a physical response from your mother. And please don't think about killing yourself. One day you'll be out on your own and you will be able to move on from all the unpleasant circumstances that are currently influencing your life.

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Hey tea,

I'm sorry to hear about all that. Above all, you have to remember that alcoholism is a disease. You can never take the ramblings of a drunk seriously. I know those ramblings can be hurtful and all around terrible. Alcoholics are very much prone to relapse since alcohol is a drug that is so readily available. If she has not sought support, perhaps you should try and convince her to join an AA group. Some people benefit greatly from the support of people who have been in similar circumstances.

Take what she says with a grain of salt. Drunk people can't always be held accountable for what they say. I would try and convince her to seek help though. It could be potentially life changing for her. If you do end up at your dads, well, cross that bridge when you get there. Until then, focus on your mom.

Feel free to PM me. I'm kind of sick, so I'll be on intermittently.
The biggest issue is that she wasn't drunk. She was slightly tipsy, so that's what got me worried because she might actually be serious about what she said...

Anyway, thank you very much for helping me. I don't know what I could do sometimes without someone smart like you...

Also I just noticed that your avatar is holding tea...

Last edited:

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
That could still impair judgement. You don't' have to be "Drunk" to not entirely understand what's happening, what you're doing. My father drinks which is how I've learned that. Consult her about it later on.
Have you ever showed her how she is when she's drunk? I mean, recorded her ramblings or something?

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
That could still impair judgement. You don't' have to be "Drunk" to not entirely understand what's happening, what you're doing. My father drinks which is how I've learned that. Consult her about it later on.
Have you ever showed her how she is when she's drunk? I mean, recorded her ramblings or something?
I did, and she just acted like it never happened. She just denies that she is like that when she drinks.

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
Recorded it?
Try to convince her into counseling. Involve authorities. Something. Especially if you're being verbally abused to the point of suicidal thoughts.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The biggest issue is that she wasn't drunk. She was slightly tipsy, so that's what got me worried because she might actually be serious about what she said...

Anyway, thank you very much for helping me. I don't know what I could do sometimes without someone smart like you...

Also I just noticed that your avatar is holding tea...
Denial is always a common problem with addicts. Tipsiness is still intoxication, just to a lesser extent. Like vex said, record it for undeniable truth and present it to her. Go from there. I'm sorry you are having to go through this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Just found out that one of my close friends isn't walking with us at graduation with us tomorrow...Guess he didn't pass after all.

D

Deleted member 269706

I'd assume there's the looming if dishonesty that's bothersome?
[Assuming that you're replying to me] The thing is, he knew for a while that he was behind on credits and eventually came forward to tell us about it, and explained how he was now taking online and night classes to catch up. He stopped showing up to his shifts (when we still worked together) so he basically quit, and it seemed like he was doing all of this so that he would be able to graduate on time. He became a little more distant over the past few months, we assumed it was because he was taking the online classes, and his girlfriend (who is another close friend of ours), sure made it sound like he was working hard and didn't have a lot of time. Strange thing is, we were at graduation practice today, and he didn't show up. His sister was there, so I asked her where he was, and she gave me "the silent headshake". You know the one. It's just weird...why he didn't tell us, or say anything. I just have to wonder what he was really doing all that time when he was "at the classes".

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
The easiest thing you can do is ask him. I mean, I have no decent answer to give you but if you guys were close and he didn't say it seems like it was something intense or a deeply personal matter if you know for a fact he wasn't at the classes.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Everyone pretty much covered it already but I'll just say that the old saying, "once a cheater, always a cheater" holds true a lot of the time. Besides, now you will always be suspicious. I'd end it regardless if she tells you or not.
Thanks for the input everyone.

And she came clean and we decided to work things out. And turns out the reason she cheated to begin with is because she was upset and hurt about being cheated on in the first place. Had I been in her shoes I would have probably done the samething to be honest.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Thanks for the input everyone.

And she came clean and we decided to work things out. And turns out the reason she cheated to begin with is because she was upset and hurt about being cheated on in the first place. Had I been in her shoes I would have probably done the samething to be honest.
I wish you luck. You two will just have to work much harder to maintain trust. Keep communication open.

EDIT: Good to see no one is feeling too down today/tonight. Hope you are all having a great day.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Elaborate......?
Well, what happened yesterday was that I was doing my examination and apparently someone from my class got kicked out of the exam for a reason which I do not know because I was so busy concentrating on the paper. All I could recall was him swearing and he literally kicked and slammed the door 3 times to which he damaged the door as he exited.

This is quite a shock for me because I know him since he was in the same class as me in one of my courses and even though I spoke to him a little to which I got the impression that he is a nice lad, this is the first time I've seen him behaved like that.

Top Bottom