• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
**** everything. I've never felt this crushed about a celebrity death before.

RIP Robin Williams.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Man, I haven't this sad about someone celebrity-like dying in ages. Robin Williams always seemed like the happiest guy in the world when he was off-camera and ****.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It made a skip a beat.

I remember robin saying he was an evangelion fan. He also named his daughter zelda williams if I remember correctly. Speaking of which, huge condolences for the family.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
In honor of him, I plan on seeing him in the next Night at the Museum in December...I think that's the last film he's in.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Woah, Robin Williams over any celebrities to die is really heart-wrenching. Granted, I was apathetic to him whilst he was alive. But many of you looked up to him. Really geniune man suddenly has to go out like that. :c

For those of you suffering from depression or any sort of blues, hang in there. This man unfortunately lost all will to cope and took his life. Your loved ones, or in sone instances, your fans, will ultimately bare your pain forever.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Why do you think this is the case? In other words, what is it about the truth that you fear?
Feeling lost, and realizing that most of your life has been built on lies and false assumptions and self-deception, both wittingly and unwittingly, and being afraid of searching for something real that may require drastic changes I may not feel emotionally ready for.

Maybe I just need some encouragement or something. I'm scared sh*tless of finding out who I really am and what the world is really about. It's something I both vehemently desire yet am equally afraid of.

Last edited:

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
Feeling lost, and realizing that most of your life has been built on lies and false assumptions and self-deception, both wittingly and unwittingly, and being afraid of searching for something real that may require drastic changes I may not feel emotionally ready for.

Maybe I just need some encouragement or something. I'm scared sh*tless of finding out who I really am and what the world is really about. It's something I both vehemently desire yet am equally afraid of.
I read through your posts and frankly it was like looking into a mirror. I've been through a lot of the same stuff recently and to some extent I'm still going through it. I was forced to withdraw from my university courses last semester because of severe clinical depression and I've started out on the wrong foot this semester as well.

I just wanted to drop in and say that the best thing I ever did was seek professional help. I know it has a stigma attached to it and everything, but it's really helped me, even though I'm still experiencing some of the effects. It's a slow process, after all. But for the first time in almost ten years I'm starting to feel like I'm actually alive, and I'm starting to feel real happiness for the first time as well. I don't want to talk about myself too much, I just wanted to share what worked for me because with any luck it could work for you as well. There are a lot of extremely kind and caring people involved in therapy, and they can really help when it comes to getting a sense for who you are and what you want out of life.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680

Getting what you want might take drastic changes, but all anyone can do is to take things one day at a time. One step at a time and you'll be fine! Try to not dwell on those dark thoughts. Easier said than done, I know, but you're not doing yourself any favors by focusing on negative thoughts. I used to do that (and still do to some extent) and it just got in the way of actually getting things done. Learn from the past and move on.

You got this ****. I have faith in you, internet stranger.

It's time for you to fly on glorious wings like this Pidgeot! :018:

Booster

Smash Lord
Great, on top of Robin Williams being dead, my brother is watching ****ed up anime again, complete with so much fanservice it's sickening.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I plan on watching the Movie "Toys" and "hook" this weekend with R. Williams. Maybe I'll throw in birdcage for laughs but those two movies bring so many memories back for me.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Stumbling a little bit.

It amazes me how the most insignificant things can spur your brain into a furor sometimes. I'm reevaluating a lot of stuff. I've been doing very well, but I'm realizing that it's not enough. I need to do more.

I think it's time I really change.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
It's tough getting through the darkest days people, but there's always light at the end of the tunnel.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I read through your posts and frankly it was like looking into a mirror. I've been through a lot of the same stuff recently and to some extent I'm still going through it. I was forced to withdraw from my university courses last semester because of severe clinical depression and I've started out on the wrong foot this semester as well.

I just wanted to drop in and say that the best thing I ever did was seek professional help. I know it has a stigma attached to it and everything, but it's really helped me, even though I'm still experiencing some of the effects. It's a slow process, after all. But for the first time in almost ten years I'm starting to feel like I'm actually alive, and I'm starting to feel real happiness for the first time as well. I don't want to talk about myself too much, I just wanted to share what worked for me because with any luck it could work for you as well. There are a lot of extremely kind and caring people involved in therapy, and they can really help when it comes to getting a sense for who you are and what you want out of life.
Getting what you want might take drastic changes, but all anyone can do is to take things one day at a time. One step at a time and you'll be fine! Try to not dwell on those dark thoughts. Easier said than done, I know, but you're not doing yourself any favors by focusing on negative thoughts. I used to do that (and still do to some extent) and it just got in the way of actually getting things done. Learn from the past and move on.

You got this ****. I have faith in you, internet stranger.

It's time for you to fly on glorious wings like this Pidgeot! :018:
Thanks guys. I've tried counseling at one point and it helped to an extent. It was difficult for me to be honest at certain points though. I had to end it after a year, and unfortunately I should have kept going because things started getting worse after I stopped talking about things that kept bothering me. It gets increasingly difficult for me to be honest about things that hurt. Things that are deemed too dumb or insignificant to be brought to light. Maybe I just need some face-to-face talks and help.

I'm just sick of pitying myself. Life seems pointless, I don't see a reason to live, but I don't see a reason to die either.

R0Y

Smash Master
Thanks guys. I've tried counseling at one point and it helped to an extent. It was difficult for me to be honest at certain points though. I had to end it after a year, and unfortunately I should have kept going because things started getting worse after I stopped talking about things that kept bothering me. It gets increasingly difficult for me to be honest about things that hurt. Things that are deemed too dumb or insignificant to be brought to light. Maybe I just need some face-to-face talks and help.

I'm just sick of pitying myself. Life seems pointless, I don't see a reason to live, but I don't see a reason to die either.
I've been there, but as far away as they do seem, there's going to be good days again, soon. It seems impossible until it happens, but when it does, you'll want to live again.

In the meantime, Smash is coming your way very, very soon. My pet helped eased some of my pain. It was impossible to frown near him, and I couldn't help but smile.

It'll all make sense someday. In my darkest hour it was really tough to be self-determined and push myself on, but it was really worth it. You'll find your happy place, somehow, somewhere. How and where you find purpose, well that's up to you. Life is the greatest adventure of all.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I'm really just pissed at the moment. So I work at a lab which I love, and do some bloodwork stuff. I discard most of the stuff I use, including chemical reagents, into a bag. Well I got really luck today when I go to throw out this bag, which dripped everywhere, through my lab coat, and onto my jeans. It then went through the jeans, so I immediately thought to wash it off and so I had to undo my jeans and of course I wasn't wearing any underwear so I got really lucky this other person I work with wasn't down there. Then I still had all this crap to do at work so I got that done, called a coworker because I didn't know what to do about the blood/chemicals I spilled on my leg, and then went to the hospital. They said I was fine, and everyone there was really nice. Even if this doctor insisted his scribe come with him while he checked out my junk. Then I got a cream puff and a green tea but I was expecting the person I bought it from to make it, but they just gave me hot water. I went to undo the lid in my car, and promptly spilled the hot water all over me, on my crotch, and burned my thigh, and my foot kind of badly. Not enough to go back in the hospital, although maybe I should have. I need aloe vera. Anyways, I just drove home without pants and it is a forty minute drive.

This really pisses me off, and is actually kind of funny. If my foot wasn't throbbing with pain I'd almost be laughing.

P.S. The cream puff was delicious

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Something another user said today really messed me up. I can't report him, though, because technically he wasn't breaking any rules. I'm still torn up, though.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Something another user said today really messed me up. I can't report him, though, because technically he wasn't breaking any rules. I'm still torn up, though.
What happened? I personally like you a lot so I'm curious.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I feel like I've been even more socially awkward than normal lately

Making a lot of Faux pas'

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I recently watched through the Persona 4 anime. I've realized that I am a huge liar, and many things in my life are based on complete lies, and that I am full of myself, just like the villain. I'd much rather live in a fantasy than face reality for what it really is, because I'm a total *****. I am the villain in my life. And it crushes me.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Recently, I've come to the conclusion that I must be a bad person.

I try my best to make everyone else happy... I try my best to talk to and do so much my friends and the people I love, but recently, everyone just abandons me. Uses me and then leaves me. It's been this way for my entire life, but it's been really hitting home recently, because I've been trying to improve my own life rather than putting others first.

I mean, no matter how much I do for other people, good people don't get abandoned, right? ...right?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Recently, I've come to the conclusion that I must be a bad person.

I try my best to make everyone else happy... I try my best to talk to and do so much my friends and the people I love, but recently, everyone just abandons me. Uses me and then leaves me. It's been this way for my entire life, but it's been really hitting home recently, because I've been trying to improve my own life rather than putting others first.

I mean, no matter how much I do for other people, good people don't get abandoned, right? ...right?
I can relate to this so hard that it strikes a pang in my heart. I struggled with this for years.

Best advice I can give you, Backgammon, is to keep focusing on you. If you do that, you'll find that everything else kinda falls into place. Realize that you're the center of your own life, and that you always have a choice. You don't live for other people; you live for yourself. People come, people go, and you'll realize the chaff from the wheat, you'll realize that you can readily choose who is worthy of that distinction or who is not.

Also, you'll never be alone. Not by a long shot. There are too many people in the world for that. You just gotta understand that while it's okay to engage in the odd act of altruism here and there, you have to draw the line when it starts compromising you. I can't say for sure when and how you'll draw that line---I don't know you, and I don't know what exactly has happened to you---but it's gotta happen.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
I can relate to this so hard that it strikes a pang in my heart. I struggled with this for years.

Best advice I can give you, Backgammon, is to keep focusing on you. If you do that, you'll find that everything else kinda falls into place. Realize that you're the center of your own life, and that you always have a choice. You don't live for other people; you live for yourself. People come, people go, and you'll realize the chaff from the wheat, you'll realize that you can readily choose who is worthy of that distinction or who is not.

Also, you'll never be alone. Not by a long shot. There are too many people in the world for that. You just gotta understand that while it's okay to engage in the odd act of altruism here and there, you have to draw the line when it starts compromising you. I can't say for sure when and how you'll draw that line---I don't know you, and I don't know what exactly has happened to you---but it's gotta happen.

Smooth Criminal
First off, thank you. It means more to me that people are willing to help than I can ever enunciate.

I've been struggling with it for my entire life basically and I don't see an end to it coming any time soon...

Part of the problem is that I don't have a family to lean back on. Everything that I've ever done is through my hard work and my determination. I spend about 90% of my time powering through life in general and I've achieved a lot over the last few months, but my self esteem is so horrifically low, that even an hour spent alone if I'm in the wrong state of mind can be beyond damaging to me. It's a byproduct of living in an abusive household, I suppose. A load more stuff has happened in my life than just that but I'm not really comfortable sharing it in a public forum.

I suppose I need to stop being so outward and giving, but the problem is that is what makes me really happy. Seeing the people I love with a smile on their face is, to me, the most amazing thing in the world.

I guess it really just boils down to me caring a lot more about other people than they do me.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I posted here 2 weeks ago about a friend of mine who's still in a coma from a car accident...it's the third week and I'm having trouble not thinking about her now that class has started since she's someone I have a crush on. Although we know for a fact she's recovering, I'm still uneasy about it.

That and I don't know if she was aware when I said I loved her in the same room, alone(I do know that comatose patients can sometimes be aware of their surroundings).

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
First off, thank you. It means more to me that people are willing to help than I can ever enunciate.

I've been struggling with it for my entire life basically and I don't see an end to it coming any time soon...

Part of the problem is that I don't have a family to lean back on. Everything that I've ever done is through my hard work and my determination. I spend about 90% of my time powering through life in general and I've achieved a lot over the last few months, but my self esteem is so horrifically low, that even an hour spent alone if I'm in the wrong state of mind can be beyond damaging to me. It's a byproduct of living in an abusive household, I suppose. A load more stuff has happened in my life than just that but I'm not really comfortable sharing it in a public forum.
I won't pry. I understand that some skeletons just need to dangle in the closet and collect dust until they're taken care of.

Speaking of family, I completely and utterly resent my biological mother. I'll spare you the details (I did rant about it earlier in the thread; if you really wanna know, just ask), but it was through her carelessness and utter lack of presence/impact that I've realized that family isn't blood. Anybody, and I mean anybody, can conceive you or sire you. It takes so much more to actually parent. And so it goes with the rest of clan, mere extensions of the familial tree, as well. Family is forged by mutual trust, respect, and love. Friends can be family. I know I'm fortunate that I still have blood-relation that I give two ****s about (and vice-versa), but Backgammon, I gotta tell you, I don't know where I'd be without some of my closest friends. They may as well be kin to me, emanating from the same source. I sincerely hope that such a support system can be forged for you.

I suppose I need to stop being so outward and giving, but the problem is that is what makes me really happy. Seeing the people I love with a smile on their face is, to me, the most amazing thing in the world.

I guess it really just boils down to me caring a lot more about other people than they do me.
Don't stop giving a **** about your fellow man. Don't stop being outward. Learn, however, to draw the line at self-sacrifice. You are worth so much more than that. So much more.

I hope you find some measure of solace in this. If you wanna discuss this further, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I posted here 2 weeks ago about a friend of mine who's still in a coma from a car accident...it's the third week and I'm having trouble not thinking about her now that class has started since she's someone I have a crush on. Although we know for a fact she's recovering, I'm still uneasy about it.

That and I don't know if she was aware when I said I loved her in the same room, alone(I do know that comatose patients can sometimes be aware of their surroundings).
:link:
I can understand this fairly similarly, actually. Perhaps a few pages or so ago (?), I had posted that two people I was / am acquainted with had been involved in a car accident. Unfortunately, one of them is now dead, and the other still hanging on in a coma (unsure as to whether a recovery is imminent or not). While it isn't the person I love as in your situation (I've my own lovesick situations, so I'm not ignorant to at least partially understand you at the moment), it's nonetheless a deal when someone you know goes through something like this. I'm not necessarily going anywhere with this, but rather I just felt the need to let it be known that I'm experiencing something not exact, but similar to yourself.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
:link:
I can understand this fairly similarly, actually. Perhaps a few pages or so ago (?), I had posted that two people I was / am acquainted with had been involved in a car accident. Unfortunately, one of them is now dead, and the other still hanging on in a coma (unsure as to whether a recovery is imminent or not). While it isn't the person I love as in your situation (I've my own lovesick situations, so I'm not ignorant to at least partially understand you at the moment), it's nonetheless a deal when someone you know goes through something like this. I'm not necessarily going anywhere with this, but rather I just felt the need to let it be known that I'm experiencing something not exact, but similar to yourself.
I appreciate the comment. Similar or not, it's still heart wrenching. Sorry for your loss.

Booster

Smash Lord
I'm feeling unhappy lately, my friends are abandoning me and I'm getting infracted again, whether it's making a filthy joke or having an opinion different from everyone else's, not one person is the same.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Coconut water and people who drink coconut water generally piss me right the **** off. Gotta not let myself make bad impressions.
I just think coconut water is so full of **** ahhh

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
depression's coming back and i'm realizing that i'm not a very smart person and i've never felt at home anywhere

unrelated but i went to a video and found a racist troll in the comments. like, i get it, it's a ““joke””, but that doesn't make it any less offensive lol. it's just incredibly scummy and not funny at all.

Last edited:

andsushi

Smash Rookie
If I have to complain about something, it would be that my roommate has been playing Destiny for 8 straight hours, and all I want to do is watch a movie on Netflix..

Anomalous Adam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Anomalous_Adam
3DS FC
2020-0165-2865
Coconut water and people who drink coconut water generally piss me right the **** off. Gotta not let myself make bad impressions.
I just think coconut water is so full of **** ahhh
Haha, my job is marketing a brand of coconut water, I must be the bane of your existence.

Top Bottom