• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just had my profile taken for a project at school and I lost a lot of confidence because of it.

I probably shouldn't have done that on a day I didn't shave because my face looks kinda nasty

Looking in the mirror I don't think it looks that bad, but with professional lighting and cameras it exposes everything

Also my hair looks bad and my face looks a little chubby

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I officially can't play my Xbox anymore because my Plug/Play kit died. It was something I was going to give up once the Xbox One came out, but I still did it to kill some time during the summer.

I guess I can be more productive now, but only because I'm forced to be. It's not like I picked up better habits or anything.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I already swim six times a week, doing two-a-days on Tuesday/Thursday. I could use this time to run, tan, read books, and do a lot of other things, though. There are tons of possibilities.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Finals week crunch
Gotta finish my game and my character and my illustrations

Also I feel super confrontational
Idk why
It's bothersome
(Especially because its those moments where I know for a fact I'm right in a bunch of situations but people are arguing. And being very rude. I'm confrontational, but I am at least polite and civil)

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Why the **** does a recruiter need a cover letter from me? These job interviews just get weirder and weirder.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Found out I can't go to EVO anymore =( Our vouchers and stuff for the hotels only apply to weekdays and with the available flight times there's a chance I'd miss my pool. </3

On the bright side, I DO get to go to Vegas a few weeks after. I guess. Just down about it.

Smash Lord
I'm really disappointed that I can't use anything more specific than a genre to search for anime to watch. I need to know what kind of atmosphere and pacing it has among other things. I also really hate reading descriptions because whoever writes them makes the show sound like something it's not.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My "Stepfather" came home drunk and gave something to the family dog she's REALLY allergic to and now she has some kind of VERY painful pancreous problem that could be fatal

I've hated him all my life, he'd always been that kind of asshole

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just as my dog is getting better, she eats a poptart from my desk while I wasn't paying attention.

It had chocolate frosting. I normally wouldn't worry, because it isn't much chocolate. But she's still sicks

Edit: The dog just ate my some of my pizza. Dammit she's an idiot.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Just as my dog is getting better, she eats a poptart from my desk while I wasn't paying attention.

It had chocolate frosting. I normally wouldn't worry, because it isn't much chocolate. But she's still sicks

Edit: The dog just ate my some of my pizza. Dammit she's an idiot.
My dog had a another seizure today during the NBA Finals. He's been with me for 8 years so far, and they keep getting worse.

In other news:
Girl that I've been on and off for four years came back to me last week.

Will post the same post in the happy thread as I'm not sure how to feel about it yet.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I found out I have to work tomorrow (Saturday) which I normally have off. I don't get paid though (which sucks) and was forcefully volunteered for it without my knowledge. What do I have to do? Teach old men and ladies how to cook Mexican food despite 1) not being Mexican, 2) only able to cook tacos and nachos, and 3) have to buy all the ingredients myself. I may be griping about it now but those old gentlemen and gentle ladies are adorable and cute so I'll probably end up enjoying it. But I have to spend my Friday night practicing making enchiladas and tamales without an oven......somehow....

This is, of course, after teaching 5 English classes this week. Not to mention the air conditioning in the teachers room has been turned off and a typhoon is supposed to hit Japan in the hour - when I have to make my one hour commute home in hurricane conditions. To cook Mexican food...

Half of the time my job feels like being a magician.

Teacher: "Joe, we need a 50 minute lesson on phonics."
Me: "Oh, ok. When?"
Teacher: "Now. Lets go."
Me: "fuuuuuuc........"

This is of course after sitting across them for a whole hour looking bored with plenty if time to prepare. Cause, ya know, I can make a whole lesson plan poof up magically within the 40 second jaunt to the classroom...

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It's actually not too bad. I just make it sound worse. However, earlier today at 5th period, the 5th grade teacher had to rush out of the class leaving only me. 9 year olds plus humid weather combined with it being Friday prompted the kids to explode. Any attempt to get the class back on track resulted in more chaos. I yelled both in Japanese and English, gave them the quiet treatment, and even had a kid pull down his pants and spank his butt at me (he's kinda special). Another kid started kicking his chair around. Finally, the teacher came back after 15 minutes but, by then, I gave up and just stood there.

My next 6th grade class was awesome though cause those kids are super cool.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
My mom is driving me insane
We never really see eye to eye. I love her to bits but spending time alone together can become nightmarish. I'm easily stressed and get anxious over little things (which doesn't help my temper or the lashing back I learned back from my short tempered parents) while she is a short fuse that yells a lot and is inconsiderate of my sister and me.

I'm finally on a summer break after one of my toughest quarters of school. My summer break is a whopping 3 weeks long, and I just want to relax and catch up on some art and get my prints started for Youmacon. I do admit, I am being lazy....but dang it I deserve a little laziness after totally rocking this quarter (got As in classes I thought I would fail!)

She has spent the entire week so far driving me insane. She was being rude a few weeks ago about me having to make my sister's grad party invites. 'Wait til summer break, mom'

'WELL I CAN JUST HAVE SOMEONE ELSE DO IT. YOU ARE OF NO HELP' she said as I was sending myself into freak outs and all nighters over finals (they've always stressed that I need to get good grades......)
Now that I'm on break she won't let the dang cards go. I have actual clients I need to get work done for, and I am willing to make the invites first....but she won't stop bringing them up and making me feel awful. 'I'LL JUS HAVE SOMEONE ELSE DO THEM!' Fine. Do that.
Then she talks to other people about how I'm of no help, despite offering and begging for her to give me information.

I have no idea what these stupid invites are supposed to look like, and despite me asking time and time again and explaining that she is the client and needs to give me info, she just nags that im unhelpful and lazy and awful

I'm at my breaking point. It's at the point I'm physically upset and tense over this. She's a client from hell. My own freaking mother.

She's a control freak and is very aware of the fact. Too bad she's awful at it and just hurts me emotionally

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Couldn't get my meds (for my ulcerative colitis) today. I called the pharmacy yesterday to order the refill and then today when I called, they said the refill was ready. So I went down there to pick them up, and they were expecting me to pay (normally it's covered by my insurance). I asked why I had to pay and they said that the last time they gave me meds, it was enough for 60 days, and it has been 34 days since I picked up a refill so the insurance won't cover the meds unless I either pick them up after 26+ days or if the early refill is authorized by my doctor. And the worst part is I just called my doctor's office and they're not gonna be open again until Monday...which means I might have to go the entire weekend without meds, which I know from experience can really REALLY **** with your symptoms.

Normally, I just get the pharmacy to contact my doctor in the same phone call in which I order the refill, and then by the time I pick up the meds, everything is good to go. Not this time, and I don't know why.

And the really dumb thing about it is, my doctor told me at one of my appointments that 2 pills/day is the minimal dose, 3/day is the moderate dose and 4/day is the maximal dose, for when the symptoms are really bad. He told me that as symptoms get worse I should just increase the dosage for like a week, and if that doesn't work, increase again, and when symptoms seem to be stable I do the opposite and decrease the dosage. And for some reason, my symptoms have been particularly bad for quite a while (normally I don't stay at 4 pills/day for more than 2 or 3 weeks, but I've been on 4 pills/day for like 4 or 5 months now), so the reason my refills are finishing 'early' is because my prescription was written for 2 pills/day.

I guess I just have to have a new prescription written. I think it's dumb that I'm expected to get a new prescription everytime I decide it's necessary to change my dosage, cause usually if I try to book an appointment with my doctor he's not available until at least the next week, if not later.

Ughh.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm definitely having one of those "the **** did I just watch moments." Even if it's after midnight and all, there are some things that Japanese TV just shouldn't get away with.
I remember seeing a show where guys had to tickle bikini clad girls with feathers. If the girls laughed, they lost and the punishment was ALL of the guys got to take her with feathers for like 3 minutes.

It was one of those moments I felt horrible for watching it yet I couldn't tear myself away from it. It was 2 am after all.

I'm pretty depressed now. I signed up for another year but, sadly, two of my best friends will be returning back to the states. In all, six new English teachers will come to my city in August. Myself and another dude are in charge of getting them phones, Internet, cleaning, and driving them around so they fit in comfortably. As well, I have to accompany them to a 3 day orientation and hold a hour meeting with them.

I'm really sad to see my two friends leave - who I've known for 3 years. I'm also nervous about the new people coming in and making sure the transition to living in Japan goes well.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The dude I'm into just told me he has a fiance now. (A Girl)

#FML #OfCourse #ShouldaKnown #JustMyLuck #ImOut

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Been playing a bit of Fire Emblem Sacred Stones, got towards the end of one match, then someone absolutely gets destroyed on mey team, then dies. And I have a strict "No One Left Behind" policy with this ****, so now I need to start all over. D:< I mean I know I'm just ******** here but that's just plain annoying, and I was actually starting to like that unit in that match too.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's whatever, him and I dated a bit a year ago, and I knew he had a girlfriend. (Not at the time that him and I were dating, just recently) Just was planning on watching that dissolve. But, now I realize he's half ******** (obviously) if he's marrying his 18 yo girlfriend of.. less than a year.

But he was cuuuuuuuute, and had a sexy british accent.

I'm really sad to see my two friends leave - who I've known for 3 years. I'm also nervous about the new people coming in and making sure the transition to living in Japan goes well.
How long did it take for the OMGZ IM IN LIVING IN JAPAN UGUUUU KAWAIIIIII PONPON JPOP DANCEPARTY excitement to wear off? It had to have lasted a wee bit?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
It's whatever, him and I dated a bit a year ago, and I knew he had a girlfriend. (Not at the time that him and I were dating, just recently) Just was planning on watching that dissolve. But, now I realize he's half ******** (obviously) if he's marrying his 18 yo girlfriend of.. less than a year.
She's 18? Less than a year?

Come on son, the writing is on the wall. Get in dere. RUIN IT.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The dude I'm into just told me he has a fiance now. (A Girl)

#FML #OfCourse #ShouldaKnown #JustMyLuck #ImOut
I feel bad trying to "like" this.

/beentheredonethatknowthatfeel

Out of the usually everything, the only thing keeping me up (because down is good) is the fact that I don't have a bed atm.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Just got 4 cavities filled ALL on the left side.

Looks like I just had a stroke from the numbness/fat lips. Can't talk without looking stupid, and I'm hungry.

What's worse is that they said I might have to get a root canal in one of them.

Smash Lord
I had to dial a number on a cell phone for my grandma today because she doesn't feel like looking for the damn numbers on the phone. She does not have sight problems to the point where she can't see them. She's basically using being old as an excuse to avoid doing things as simple as putting a square cuttout into a square hole.

I hate old people.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

But he was cuuuuuuuute, and had a sexy british accent.

How long did it take for the OMGZ IM IN LIVING IN JAPAN UGUUUU KAWAIIIIII PONPON JPOP DANCEPARTY excitement to wear off? It had to have lasted a wee bit?
Fresh off the boat new blood lol. I recall one of the girls who is leaving, upon arriving here and experienced what you mentioned, declared she's staying here "forever!"

She's leaving after two years with a severe dislike of Japan.

It is interesting to see the slow degrade from "stage 1: honeymoon" feeling to "stage 2: I ****ing hate Japan!" Phase. I've gone through stage 2 a lot. The people who come to Japan, to live, with high expectations, preconceived notions, and visions of "PON PON WEH WEH WEH KYAAAAKAWAII DESU!!!!" are immediately beaten into reality that is....living in Japan.

I took me a month or so for it to wear off :/

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I would be scared ****less to live in japan
cool country and cool people....but from what ive heard, xenophobia can be a thing that happens (is that true, Venus?)
Plus, being an American woman does not help my standings as a game artist . __ .;;;;;;;;
hiring chances would be slimmer than here in the US from my guess

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, xenophobia is a problem though less in the bigger cities such as Tokyo and Osaka. As for job opportunities for females, it's actually easier for foreign women to get some jobs than Japanese; the modeling agency I particular. I'm
Not sure about game design but I do have a female friend involved with it. If you are interested, I'll ask her about it.

In a week and a half, I've lost 15 fish altogether. At first it was small fish but, now, I'm losing some really good fish. I'm not sure what's up. I just lost my favorite fish this morning. It was a really unique fish that I had since I came to Japan....

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Don't mean to double post but I'm having trouble editing my previous post/attaching a file to it.

It's rainy season here so we've been getting hit by typhoons and torrents of rain lately. I woke up today to thunder, intense lightning, howling wind, and horizontal rain. Luckily, I can drive now but this rain still sucks. I took this picture from my desk in the teachers office. Normally, you can see the mountains, buildings, and factories in the distance but not today.

Attachments

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Orly? : O im just used to the boys club here in the US that is game design rofl

Would you? : O i'd love to hear what she has to say!! gracias u w u
u cool

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
"Average Episode.

Arin: Mentions Game
Jon: Says how much he hates that game
Arin: Surprised by Jon's hatred states why he likes the game
Jon: Back pedals and says he likes the game."

I got tired of that show real ****in fast. IN THIS EPISODE, TWO WACKY FELLOWS LAUGH AT DUMB ****.

I used to enjoy Egoraptor's videos, now I'm just so...eh on him.

Top Bottom