• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
yeah but relax it'll be fine. if it's anything like irene it won't be that bad.
It isn't anything like Hurricane Irene. It's probably too late for you to leave now though. I really hope you were trolling, this storm is the real deal.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
I can only hope for the best for the east coast. I hope Hurricane Sandy isn't too devastating!

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Looking at a picture on Facebook under this teen group saying "Like if you're in a relationship, comment if your single" and seeing approx 3000 people in relationships, and approx 1000 not in relationships. Sigh, teens need to learn the joys of being single more instead of just hopping on the relationship bandwagon and getting dumped the next month. Yeesh.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Ikr, it's really taken the romance out of the relationship. People just get a girlfriend/boyfriend now because it's like a status symbol, not because they truly care about each other.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Looking at a picture on Facebook under this teen group saying "Like if you're in a relationship, comment if your single" and seeing approx 3000 people in relationships, and approx 1000 not in relationships. Sigh, teens need to learn the joys of being single more instead of just hopping on the relationship bandwagon and getting dumped the next month. Yeesh.
That's a stupid ****ing way to measure how many people are in relationships. I can guarantee you that whichever option said "like for ______" would get more responses.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
That's a stupid ****ing way to measure how many people are in relationships. I can guarantee you that whichever option said "like for ______" would get more responses.
Just a guideline, obviously not a definite counter. Although I'm pretty sure more teens these days are in relationships than single. Teens are so misguided about what a true relationship really is, it's depressing.

The relationships that are formed are so heart wrenching because usually one person is just using the other for whatever means they desire. Once they are satisfied, they will dump them. They just just a false promise of love to make it seem like they are a legit person.

Friends with benefits on the other hand, they can satisfy their sexual lust while also being friends. You are not promising love and won't be involved in heartbreak either. It's a concept that is grossly criticised when it should be realized that people have needs that should be met in order to stay stable. It should not be met by promising lies about love in a relationship. If someone is going to start a relationship with someone, they should actually have love on their mind as a first priority, not coitus or whatever else they may be trying to exploit.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Interesting topic since it's somewhat the reason I clicked on this thread about.

Sometimes I love the internet, sometimes I hate it. I like things you can do on the internet, I like the people I meet, etc. And I hate that a lot of the people I meet online are people I'll never get to meet in person. I'm not used to being single, and because of that, I'm enjoying the parts where I can flirt with people and do other stuff without guilt, and figured that yeah, it's fun, there's no drawback. Only problem is, now I have feelings for some people who I know I'll probably never get to meet unless I were to travel pretty far and basically leave everything I have in my life right now behind. Of course, it's not like I have much to leave behind, but still. I'm being smart and making sure to not go into an online relationship again, but it sucks having feelings for people that I shouldn't have them for >.<

:059:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Ohio friends dont have school tomorrow
Pittsburgh is getting hit the harder by the storm than ohio in the longrun...and we have school. OUR RIVERS ARE FLOODINGGGG WAIIII SCHOOL

Im just jealous loool

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
What if your single and have no access to sex?
Well, if that troubles you, then you should put yourself into a life situation where you do have access to sex. If it's not a big deal to you, then just masturbate.

I guess it really depends on what your life priorities are. I prefer being single because in my experience getting into serious romantic relationships has done nothing for me but hurt me and hurt others and leave me with some major inadequacy and trust issues. To someone like me, a single life is just peachy most of the time. I don't like getting attached to someone and dealing with the constant fear of abandonment or betrayal. If there is no pretense of romance or monogamy, then there's little chance of getting hurt.

I love the social concept of "friends with benefits" and it is my ideal relationship. I am obsessed with sex, and so being perpetually single can be difficult because I don't get laid near as often as I want to. I think a lot of people place this false pretense of "a romantic relationship" with someone when the reality is it's more of a label that says "only my chosen partner can sleep with me". I think young people should just slow down, have fun and enjoy their bodies with each other. All this chain yourself to one other person for the foreseeable future crap is for the birds imo

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Being in a relationship takes a lot more effort than being single. It also means you have no distractions from whatever you wish to do.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Growing pains suck.

Breast growth is crazy painful, and I have nobody I feel comfortable enough to ask massage them. :|

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I went with my Dad when he went to vote. I heard something shocking.

We went in, and this African lady came up to us and asked to talk to us outside. We were like ok? O.o

We went outside and she made us follow her around a corner, (we thought she was leading us to a trap so we were prepared to run for it LOL) when we got there she started whispering and looking around nervously. My dad asked her what was wrong and she said sorry to bother you, but I wanted to ask you how I vote republican? Omg, we started laughing so hard. She was like SHHHHHHHHHH they will hear you! My dad asked who, and she said the people from her community who were inside. She said she was threatened to vote for Obama or they would beat her up and burn her house down.

Is this what we have come to? :c

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Not what we've come to, but what we've always been.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got someone's phone number last week, called them only once.

It seems they already hooked up with someone though, because they don't seem interested in talking anymore around school, and I saw them talking to someone

Edit: Only called once because I was told it was best to keep distance after calling the first time

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I wish I had a longer window of maximum mental focus during the day. :(

Veetaak

Smash Lord
everyone i like is in a relationship, or gave up on relationships.
My situation was that she got to know how I felt about her and then she told me she already has a bf. In one way it feels good to know that she knows how I feel and that I wasn't rejected in the sense that she said no. We are in the same class and all so things might change in the future.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Discussing religion irks me yet I continue to do it because I care about the topic. It's almost like a form of masochism.

Vixen

Premium
Yeah there are two people I am very fond of, and that's just the end of it. Neither are available and likely never will be.

Plus I'm cursed in that I'm their childhood friends.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Parents yelling loud enough to alert the whole neighbourhood. 3 times a week, thank god for headphones.

Vixen

Premium
Worried about how I'm going to do at Kings, and Apex. Especially because of the pains from breast growth. I usually have to stop smashing whenever they flare up.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Worried about how I'm going to do at Kings, and Apex. Especially because of the pains from breast growth. I usually have to stop smashing whenever they flare up.
Look at it this way: You can, at the very worst, just roll with it and even play friendlies. I mean, sure, the goal is to win 1st, but always remember to enjoy yourself as well. If you find that the pain causes you to not play Smash at all, then at least enjoy the company of your fellow smashers. I hope this was helpful.

:phone:

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I got my braces, and my mouth HURTS.

Also ALREADY broke a bracket, wtf. All I did was chew on a french fry. It wasn't even crunchy! D:

Top Bottom