• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Ugh, DX I had honors chemistry last year, (I didn't even know it was honors until the end of the year LOL) I'm surprised I made it out with a 78. It was a killer. >.<

global-wolf

Smash Champion
I don't do my homework until the morning it's due. It's terrible because it's always sloppier than it could be and sometimes I don't wake up on time and I can't do it at all. Procrastination is a prevalent aspect of my life in general, it's like I have a powerful force in my mind keeping me from doing things that are good for me. Right now I have three A's, three A-'s, and one B. I should be doing so much better.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I don't do my homework until the morning it's due. It's terrible because it's always sloppier than it could be and sometimes I don't wake up on time and I can't do it at all. Procrastination is a prevalent aspect of my life in general, it's like I have a powerful force in my mind keeping me from doing things that are good for me. Right now I have three A's, three A-'s, and one B. I should be doing so much better.
That sounds EXACTLY like me, I know I could be doing so much better- if I cared. I have As and Bs in everything (except math, it's barely a C), but if I stopped to actually sit there and care to do the work I'd have much higher grades. I WANT to do good in math, but everytime I sit down, and go 'Ok I'm gonna learn this" halfway through I'm like ugh what's the point this is so dumb and useless, then just rush through to get it out of my face. 30 problems everyday gets annoying after a while, and it usually all piles up at the end of the week leaving me to do up to 3 lessons in one day. (90 problems)

global-wolf

Smash Champion
I'm sorry to hear that, 30 problems for math homework is really annoying and useless. I usually have somewhere from 4-8 problems in my class.

My problem is that I do care about my grades. I really want all A's, just like I want to get better at drawing and lose weight. But I seem to be incapable of doing anything and I feel useless.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Those look like pretty good grades to me.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I've never felt that way, I just wanted to pass so I can get the hell out.

On a somewhat unhappy note, wish I had stuff to do or to be busy with. Spending too much time on the computer, posting here and on Facebook. I suppose it doesn't matter, but I'd like for my days to consist of more than that (excluding occasional online school work). >_<

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

On a somewhat unhappy note, wish I had stuff to do or to be busy with. Spending too much time on the computer, posting here and on Facebook. I suppose it doesn't matter, but I'd like for my days to consist of more than that (excluding occasional online school work). >_<
There's a bunch of things you can do, video games, read a book, watch tv shows/movies, hang out with friends.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I have a homecoming dance tonight at 9 that I'm going to with my girlfriend.

I do not want to go (in a really lazy mood for some reason). >.>

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100

I used to be pretty good at giving advice, these days I'm finding that I suck at it. Earlier in the year when I was jobless and had too much freetime, I spent a lot of the time looking for a job. Is that something you're interested in at this time? While searching for a job I gt myself a part time job. It didn't pay much but just having something to focus on helped a lot of with boredom anxiety and frustration.

I also took up playing chess, maybe that's not your game, but improving at something competitive and playing other people to measure your progress I think can be very fulfilling. I kinda think your first step should be finding out what you would like to occupy the rest o your free time with and then go from there.

On an unhappy note: I'm pretty mad right now. I come home to find that my landlord has moved the exercising equipment our of my room like I asked him to, and sealed up my window like h said he would. But on top of that he took the liberty of organizing my room. This pisses me off because my room was already tidy and now I think he is going to complain about this and/or tell me to leave the apartment. My room was tidy. No food around, no clothes on the floor, no dirty clothes in the room, I even make my ****ing bed in the morning like he asks me to. I'm just not fricken OCD like he is. I have a very hard time believing that he keeps his room as tidy as he likes to make mine. Usually this type of thing would make me nervous and scared about what's going to happen to my living situation, but I'm just angry. I don't think I'm going to enjoy the rest of my night now because my landlord insists on remaking my room in his own image.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wanted to go to dances with a girl in high school.

Something I was never able to do in High school

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I can be a total social idiot a lot of the times. It probably stems from my avoiding talking to people, unless it's over the internet.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Not so sure about a job, I'd definitely have to learn how to drive. Both ideas are good actually, but the irrational aspect of me absolutely disapproves. And I like Chess, or rather have a strange fascination with it. I'm no good at it honestly and rarely play, but its fun, I have like several chess sets decorating my room. XD

Eh, the only time I feel so listless or displeased is when love comes to mind, what Kierkegaard would call "erotic love". It's embarrassing too, it is being caused by an individual I haven't even met in person. Just spoken to her a few times. How simple can a guy get? She even has a boyfriend, and the kicker is that he isn't a good one so that certainly helps me entertain absurd ideas.

Damn I need to get out more. Tomorrow I may be getting a hair cut, work on getting my hair back to its natural color, maybe run with my family at a park (which sounds ridiculous, but I may do it), and I also may be going out for once with some friends (younger crowd, unfortunately) to see Paranormal Activity 4 (perhaps, also, unfortunately). Staying inside without some moderation will turn the mind into an imagination favoring machine. Need some reality.

@Psycho, I can relate. The wild mare that I used to like during my middle school-early high school years was with me during a dance once with some mutual friends of ours, one of which was my best friend. But he also happened to like her, less than I did though. Nonetheless, I remember entering from outside the dance room (for some reason I had walked out) and catching the two dancing. For some reason I just walked right back out. I've danced with girls before, but never any that I cared for at all. Edit: Scratch that, I kind of danced with my last two girlfriends. The former we danced a bit and then because everyone else at the Homecoming was doing it she turned around and did that grind thing that I thought was beyond dumb. The latter was at prom, before we dated, and she was as emotionless as she was when we dated. So really, I haven't danced with love properly.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
My town lost another venue for hardcore/metal music because of a really dumb ignorant reason. Someone at a show left a bunch of beer cans in/around the venue and the owners found them and decided they weren't comfortable with letting the promoter use the building for shows.

It sucks. The scene here is finally starting to come back, but that was one of only two venues that consistently have metal and original material rock shows. The vocalist in my band works at a record store, and that is now pretty much the only place in Daytona Beach for original music that isn't dubstep. So he managed to move two shows this week over to the record store.

but then after all that, someone at one of the shows puts a ****ing garbage can on my vocalist's car. This was after a big speech someone in another band had about respecting the only venue we have left and someone does some petty kindergartner **** to the person who stuck his neck out and entirely saved two shows and made them happen on 2 days notice. I've met so many incredible people and made so many friends through the hardcore scene in my town, but at the same time there are so many ignorant ****head kids that ruin it. I suppose that's inevitable with any niche or subculture but it makes the rest of us look bad since some of the most caring, understanding and proactive people I know live and breathe hardcore music and metal

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
UUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH. I HATE when somebody ruins it for everyone else. I can't tell you how many times something similar happened to me, all because of one stupid person.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There was this bar that I liked going to with friends, and it had live bands on the weekends.

It was nice.

It got shut down though because the bartender "Put too much alcohol in the drinks"

Beets some other places I've gone to where they put hardly any. Besides, I like a strong alcohol flavor in drinks

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
God damn, anyone have a clue why Colonisation: Aftershocks by Harry Turtledove would be 30-40 bucks for the paperback version, while the first two books in the series are only around the 10 dollar mark? Everywhere I've looked it costs 4x as much, the rest of the time it's simply unavailable. Did I miss something here?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
There was this bar that I liked going to with friends, and it had live bands on the weekends.

It was nice.

It got shut down though because the bartender "Put too much alcohol in the drinks"

Beets some other places I've gone to where they put hardly any. Besides, I like a strong alcohol flavor in drinks
Wait, what?

That makes absolutely no sense. The entire place was shut down because of one bartender pouring too much off? Have the owners never heard of firing people?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wait, what?

That makes absolutely no sense. The entire place was shut down because of one bartender pouring too much off? Have the owners never heard of firing people?
IDK, all the bartenders were doing it, not just one.

The place was warned many times but apparently didn't care

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, that makes sense.

Surprisingly I was cut off before at that bar when I wasn't even "drunk".

The bouncer's ex girlfriend was in our group and I guess I was getting a little too chummy with her.

I apparently get really flirty when I'm drunk

---

Edit: I have never heard anyone say "Axe" instead of "Ask" but apparently it's a thing (?)

I thought it was just a joke on Futurama

Jasou

Smash Ace
I used to say axe instead of ask ._., but that was when I was a kid.

I am sad because I have a big bump on my nose that I got last night. It feels tender like a spider bite. I hate spiders.

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
I feel pretty worthless to most of my friends that I spend the most "time" around and it sucks. Especially some of the ones I've tried to be closest to. These people are so selfish and people suggest that I spend more time with other friends, but that isn't going to do anything to replace the friends that I already have.

I feel like I'm always on the receiving end of every joke and when I make a very solid attempt to stand up for myself suddenly I'm a "jerk" or another word I don't really feel like mentioning.

If I really tell these people about how I feel about putting up with this crap, chances are I wouldn't be able to participate in our projects anymore and I don't want to lose that. I don't really have any other friends that have the exact same interests and I'm fairly close with a few of these people.

Honestly, I don't really feel like these people deserve me and I'm the only one making an effort to form solid friendships beyond playing video games and cracking jokes. I actually call my friends on some occasions to wish them a happy birthday and such and I don't ignore them just because I'm annoyed, unlike them, I only do that sort of thing when they're getting to mean-spirited and we need a break from each other to actually get along.

And one of them, I've always thought to be a really great friend and person. Maybe he still is, I feel rejected.

Screw it. I'm not going to take this anymore.. I suppose I'll still be around you people, but I'm not going to take your crap. I've dealt with a lot more than you people have and I don't deserve being treated like a nuisance. If I'm the "jerk," so be it, because I'm only against you when I'm provoked. I have the right to show you just how it feels to be on the receiving end, you selfish little brats.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I wasted 55 cents on salt and vinegar potato chips, that things is god awful. I skipped breakfast today, left lunch at home and I have lest than a dollar left to buy food from the fending machine.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You have my respect Oneupsalesman. Very few people have the courage to stand up to their friends.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Good stuff Oneupsalesman... Everything may seem pretty rough right now but believe me when I say friends really do come and go. Leaving your current friends will open up opportunities for you to find better ones that can appreciate you for you.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm unhappy because some girl in my class gave me her number.

I heard about this 3 day rule, but I called her up anyway the next day because I thought it was the perfect time. Class had been cancelled and I have work off, which isn't common.

She had other plans, which I think is code for "Why did you call me?, never call me again"

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
If she didn't want you to call her she wouldn't have given you her real number. I think "I have other plans" means "I have other plans" in this situation. Either way it's worth another call eventually.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Luigi is right, girls don't give out numbers if they don't want you to call them. It's not like a polite gesture or fluff to give out your number, people handing out their digits isn't some formal thing people do.

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
I'm unhappy because some girl in my class gave me her number.

I heard about this 3 day rule, but I called her up anyway the next day because I thought it was the perfect time. Class had been cancelled and I have work off, which isn't common.

She had other plans, which I think is code for "Why did you call me?, never call me again"
...3 day rule? Meh. Try not to think that until you have some more solid indications towards that sort of thing.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I'm not leaving my current friends right now, really, I'm just not going to depend on them anymore. If I get bad treatment, I'm out until I'm treated differently.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I hate it whenever my landlord calls me because I get worried he's complaining about something and I am going to be asked to leave. However the last two times he called me it was an accident, and he calls me today and I don't know if i should be worried or if it was an accident again. **** him.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Final step to correct the mistakes I made and the system crashes on me, I lost about a hour and a half of work.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I get so sick of people on Smashboards being so goddamn vicious. So I'll be aggressive right back, if you don't mind.

The only way to get liked on these ********-*** boards is to be a complete kiss-*** to the mods (who also make my internet life miserable). Well guess what! If you're well-respected by everyone else, I, personally, hate you automatically because you most likely let the fame go to your head. Just like the popular *******s in real life, who bully people till they go mad, just because the "lesser" people have no defining qualities about them.

I am sick and tired of posting one little thing only to be either ignored or bombarded with utter sarcasm, hate, and ridicule. You *******s think that this is funny?! All I ever think about is how I can be more accepted, but you COMPLETE DOUCHEBAGS ruin everything that I so carefully plan. I'm done. I will tolerate no more of you pricks being obnoxious towards me.

I know for a fact that Teran will come in here whining about how I'm "trying too hard" or "being a baby." I know you all will hate on me for sure, considering that I'm even posting at all, and to that I say, "Go **** yourselves and die."

This is a thread for VENTING. Guess what? I'M DOING SO. You may tear my post apart and nitpick at all my so-called "stupidity," but chances are I won't care a **** about what you pompous jerks have to say.

Lay it on me.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I think you are underestimating the openness of this thread and the lowliness we express here on a weekly basis. We aren't going to hate on you, no one here would do that at least. It is somewhat annoying to read though that you are speaking so irrationally and angrily towards everyone here right from the get-go when you are here to express yourself and be heard. That's... kind of sucky dude.

Also, you don't have to be a kiss-*** to the mods to be respected. You just have to relax and be level-headed. I literally have no ties with anyone here, but I get along well with basically anyone, and on at least a decent level, they respect me. I prescribe that you just don't plan things out, just be you and don't think too much about this stuff. Reflection is empowering and enlightening, but the same thing that makes some rise, makes others fall. This is just a video game forum with a bunch of strangers hanging out. The sooner you realize that, and the sooner you stop inflicting insults on people, particularly in such a general way, you'll be treated better. Not only that, but you won't depend on people treating you better and get so angry in even the hypothetical of people treating you poorly or being sarcastic (also, people are going to be sarcastic to you, people are sarcastic to everyone on the internet, plain and simple).

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Holder, though it doesn't seem like it in my last post, I wasn't trying to direct it at everyone.

More like, all the people who have hated on me in the past.

I know that at the time I was typing that, you didn't hate me. You even said you didn't earlier.

So, it really wasn't directed at everyone. I know there are rarely some pretty cool on people on here.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I get so sick of people on Smashboards being so goddamn vicious. So I'll be aggressive right back, if you don't mind.

The only way to get liked on these ********-*** boards is to be a complete kiss-*** to the mods (who also make my internet life miserable). Well guess what! If you're well-respected by everyone else, I, personally, hate you automatically because you most likely let the fame go to your head. Just like the popular *******s in real life, who bully people till they go mad, just because the "lesser" people have no defining qualities about them.

I am sick and tired of posting one little thing only to be either ignored or bombarded with utter sarcasm, hate, and ridicule. You *******s think that this is funny?! All I ever think about is how I can be more accepted, but you COMPLETE DOUCHEBAGS ruin everything that I so carefully plan. I'm done. I will tolerate no more of you pricks being obnoxious towards me.

I know for a fact that Teran will come in here whining about how I'm "trying too hard" or "being a baby." I know you all will hate on me for sure, considering that I'm even posting at all, and to that I say, "Go **** yourselves and die."

This is a thread for VENTING. Guess what? I'M DOING SO. You may tear my post apart and nitpick at all my so-called "stupidity," but chances are I won't care a **** about what you pompous jerks have to say.

Lay it on me.
Whoa man! Sorry duder!

But really, it's not that big of a deal. You are alive. and you are lucky enough to consider this as a major cause of concern in your life. If some people on an internet forum don't like you does it really matter? Winning some anonymous ****-talker's admiration over the internet is not a very big accomplishment. Just post decently, stop bringing attention to yourself in this way and you will naturally make friends over time. Just relax man, if you get this worked up over something this insignificant you are going to have a heart attack soon after you become an independent adult. plus, we are only alive once and for a short time so why are you falling into anguish at a glass of spilled milk. no, not even that. it's spilled water.

in the shower

edit:

i mean sheesh

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Still under the impression that I care enough about you to hate you.

=/

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium

Lay it on me.
Instead of trying to be more accepted, try to be more of yourself. My mom gave me the best advice I have ever heard a couple years ago, when I was trying so hard to be like everyone else. "If you chase after trying to be someone else, it becomes obvious and nobody will ever like you, but if you stay true to yourself and don't care what other people think, people will be drawn to you and learn to respect you for who you are."

I was always worried about what "the right response" would be, or what "the right clothes" were. After years of trying to change myself to fit in, I just gave up. I wore clothes I would wear, listened to music I liked, watched movies I liked. Yeah, I got teased a lot at first, but now people know who I really am and admire that I don't care what other people think about me anymore.

Of course there's still the insecurities, but you have to learn to stop giving in and collapsing, and go out there looking confident in who you are as an individual.

Lol all you have to do is look at my posts in the debate hall or the Obama user blog to see that I'm constantly being laughed at, shot down etc. I don't believe the same things almost everyone on this forum does, and I don't care anymore.

Just be yourself. Trust me, it will save you a huge headache.

Top Bottom