• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultra-Official Illinois MELEE Thread. (new player list, updated tourneys & fests)

Feiy

Smash Apprentice
You should come play with us down here at UChicago!
Lol, well thats good to know. Now I just need to know WHERE to go.
I'm desperate for practice, I haven't played since I moved here, I don't want to suck too much, lol.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Well someone should get something going since I missed out on the last Geneva and havent played in awhile. My IC's are hungry for some competition.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
sorry I couldn't make it khepri, maybe next time. my parents are too protective. I told them that I was going to take a train down to chicago where someone I've only met once was going to pick me up take me to his house play smash for awhile and then I was going to stay their for the night. tell me whats wrong with that situation

khepri

Smash Lord
sorry I couldn't make it khepri, maybe next time. my parents are too protective. I told them that I was going to take a train down to chicago where someone I've only met once was going to pick me up take me to his house play smash for awhile and then I was going to stay their for the night. tell me whats wrong with that situation
Sounds legit to me.

Brightside, smashfest at my place this Friday? Friey will be coming. I can probably get Kels, Mslano, and Mario Master, and some other friends of mine to come as well.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Parents ruin the fun for everyone.

My mother is the same way which is the reason I haven't gone to any of these things. She doesn't trust anyone she hasn't met or I haven't met at school (though I haven't met anyone at school because I don't go to school).

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
maybe Khepri if Yoru or Dave is willing to go over there with me. Its a long ride and I would hate to do it alone cause im self-conscious and all that good stuff.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Brightside, smashfest at my place this Friday? Friey will be coming. I can probably get Kels, Mslano, and Mario Master, and some other friends of mine to come as well.
Sweet, it's a chance i'll be making this. Better of a chance then when i said i might make the last one. :chuckle:

khepri

Smash Lord
Yea, everyone backed out on me last time, so hopefully it doesn't happen again this time.

Brightside, convince one of them to come, we need more variety in the people we play!

B.W.

Smash Champion
I'd love to go too if I could find a way to get there, and if I don't have to work that day. I need to play someone that can beat me. And if they can't beat me, that's fine too. Playing with my little sisters isn't helping me at all.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
You all need to grow up faster, that's your problem with your parents.

Excluding Zjiin of course. You're at least over 20, I'd assume?

:backs away slowly:

EDIT: My parents were also very protective of me (in my younger days). When you're older, the 'fear' starts to go away, and you'll be able to do **** like go down to EIU for a week when you're 17. Good times...

B.W.

Smash Champion
Not with my mother. I'm 17 now and she still protects me like I'm 10. I know it's out of love, but it can suck major testicles sometimes.

Zjiin

Smash Master
You all need to grow up faster, that's your problem with your parents.

Excluding Zjiin of course. You're at least over 20, I'd assume?

:backs away slowly:
lol. of course I'm over 20, or else how could i teach all your youngins the basics of smash?

Even when i was 16, my parents were very lenient in letting me go places with people i said i can trust. They knew i had good common sense, and as long as i checked in by phone they didn't care. And i wasn't even a good kid haha. I suppose that's not the case for a lot of smashers.

Banned via Administration

What is the difference between BulletBall and BulletBall Extreme?

BulletBall is a game. It's simply fun for the entire family. The rules restrict physical play by setting boundaries. This removes some of the "competitive edge" that can develop when a game is physical in nature and it also slows down the velocity of the ball.

BulletBall Extreme is a sport. The rules are less restrictive and designed for the professional or highly competitive players. The speed, hand-eye coordination, and accuracy needed to propel the ball past your opponent (and score a BULLETBALL) requires a greater sense of strategy as well as skill. Some players have described it as "human pinball with the skills of table tennis".

Who can play the game?

Anyone can play BulletBall. Not only is it age/gender neutral, but BulletBall is also wheelchair friendly which allows the physically challenged to play competitively with anyone.

How much does BulletBall cost?

The basic BulletBall table only costs $399.99. Other custom tables are available for an additional cost.

How adaptable is this game?

BulletBall is easy to transport, and may be played indoors or outdoors, and while standing or sitting (the choice is left up to the individual player). It can be enjoyed in recretational facilities, rehabilitation centers, universities, colleges, dorm rooms, sports bars, and in the home.

Are there any health benefits?

BulletBall not only helps to strengthen your muscles, but it also helps as an excellent cardiovascular workout which increases your heart rate. In the gym it takes at least 4-5 days to work all the core muscle groups. Notice that after 10-15 minutes of playing, your hamstrings, quads, arms, and shoulders will be thoroughly worked while you have fun! BulletBall works your body and your mind and has been endorsed by professional athletes, physicians and the physically challenged because of its wheelchair friendly design.

How do you play the game?

The skills required to play BulletBall are similiar to playing ping-pong. Table tennis is the second most popular sport in the world (soccer is #1) with over 160 million players (40 million in the United States). It is truly an international sport. BulletBall Extreme is more intense than table tennis because the volleys last longer and you are utilizing your own hands to put "english" on the ball to create unusual spins and motions. For those that enjoy playing ping-pong....you will LOVE playing BulletBall!!!!!

One of the most unique qualities of the game is this: One of the best BulletBall players is a 12-year-old girl who can beat guys that are 18,19, and 20 years of age!

How did BulletBall begin?

BulletBall began as a hobby. During the first 22 years since BulletBall's conception, it was played among family and friends on weekends, during vacations, summer picnics and parties.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Then it's settled. A BulletBall tournament will take place in the old haunted gym on Christmas Day. I'm going to get a 12 year old girlfriend so I'll have the edge.

Zjiin

Smash Master
That was random 5150.
Seriously Mars...

no flames, no insults, nothing offensive intended, but...

Do you post just to get your post count up? You add absolutely NOTHING with your posts. If your screen name died, no one would say "what ever happened to that guy go who made posts with points to them?"

I see you make the most idiotic threads. Are you just looking for attention? Are you raising your "cool" level? I mean COME ON.

Maybe you think you're being funny? That people think your threads and posts humorous?

Really.

Really.

I must know.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Seriously Mars...

no flames, no insults, nothing offensive intended, but...

Do you post just to get your post count up? You add absolutely NOTHING with your posts. If your screen name died, no one would say "what ever happened to that guy go who made posts with points to them?"

I see you make the most idiotic threads. Are you just looking for attention? Are you raising your "cool" level? I mean COME ON.

Maybe you think you're being funny? That people think your threads and posts humorous?

Really.

Really.

I must know.
Your ICs are junk.
I got a feva! And the only prescription is more cowbell!
Then it's settled. A BulletBall tournament will take place in the old haunted gym on Christmas Day. I'm going to get a 12 year old girlfriend so I'll have the edge.
This thread is well organized, thoughtful, inventive, and moronic.

Side note: bthrow = new ICs metagame!?!??!!?!
shit.
Camping with Yoshi to win = Awesome way to convince the loser to quit forever
Camping with Peach to win = 8 minutes of time wasted watching the most boring match ever.
lol false. You should talk to Kels. He had a hard time admiting he camped too. He's better now that he is past that.
lol @ Me14k complaining about people who camp.
oh MAN that was close.

Thank you for the information on the next tourney
Oh that makes sense. TYFTIOTNT
Oh man, teams must have taken at LEAST 5 minutes.

And does Tray = Tre? Is so... LOL and also WTF @ placing.
Thanks, but i have no idea what AFAIK stands for.
I would have gone to the second page of your posts, but I think I might have run out of letters for my post.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I would have gone to the second page of your posts, but I think I might have run out of letters for my post.
lol, don't get all worked up. Notice that all of those all had a point to them, whereas:

Anyone else find that an aggressive falcon can put a lot of pressure on people?
I was looking around and I suddenly noticed I was reading the peach section. WTF?
People actually play kirby. Wow.
Are a few of threads you have made. I don't have the time you do to make an extensive list, but these are solid wastes of time. Do you consider these funny?

[EDIT] Did i mention these are threads, not posts?

Mars-

Smash Champion
I do not feel like replying to this troll. I thought it was kind of old when we start arguing constantly, I guess not.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I do not feel like replying to this troll. I thought it was kind of old when we start arguing constantly, I guess not.
So that's pretty much agreeing that those posts you made were only for postcount+1? I mean, it must be me, but i can't get a straight answer out of this kid! Ask him a simple question and now I'm a troll? Whoa, ban me from the boards.

Mars-

Smash Champion
So that's pretty much agreeing that those posts you made were only for postcount+1? I mean, it must be me, but i can't get a straight answer out of this kid! Ask him a simple question and now I'm a troll? Whoa, ban me from the boards.
I don't get what point your trying to make, or if you are simply trying to pick a fight.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I don't get what point your trying to make, or if you are simply trying to pick a fight.
I have no reason to pick a fight, and i even stipulated how this was in no way negatively directed towards you. All i want is one thing. Answer this next question:

Mars, do you make posts and threads which have no substance at all because you are trying to increase your post count, or because you think you are being funny?

That's it. Answer the question and we're done. No more, that's it. That's ALL you have to do.

Mars-

Smash Champion
I have no reason to pick a fight, and i even stipulated how this was in no way negatively directed towards you. All i want is one thing. Answer this next question:

Mars, do you make posts and threads which have no substance at all because you are trying to increase your post count, or because you think you are being funny?

That's it. Answer the question and we're done. No more, that's it. That's ALL you have to do.
I understand that I haven't answered your question because I don't see a point in why I should answer your question.

Top Bottom