• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Samus Guide

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It was easy for me...i can do like 3 in a row, which means 9 missiles in the coarse of like...slow, but still. BTW, for all you wondering how to do it, you FH and Shoot one, then buffer a DJ AND another missile (you will do this before you see samus jump) and buffer the 3rd one.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
oh suuureee, its just magically "erroring" for some reason ;) lies! your hiding us from the truth! lol

i do really want to see how you pull off three though ^^ pretty hardcore, that's so hard to time!
Agreed lol, nah it'd jsut be wicked to see it actually being done.
Could this possibly be in melee...? seeing as how your combo vid is melee it got me thinking lol...

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
I find the 3 super missile useful for ROBs, Warios, Peachs and Pits coming back to the stage. Triple homing missile is better for a lot of things but being able to pull triple supers can be useful. Its pretty hard, especially on WiFi but i can get it about 3 times in a row now. Just train a lot i guess.

TGM

Smash Lord
IMO, triple SUper missle is useless. If it can be done, plz put it on youtube and ill add it to 1st page.

Hive

Smash Lord
nice esam ^^ i guess i wasn't buffering them to their max :p, looks kwl though :)
i'm not sure how i'd use this though ^^ but i'll definitely try to learn it better...

Hive

Smash Lord
i'm pretty sure he meant that you can start firing the second super missile before the animation ends of the first super missile and the second one will start firing at the first frame... i think... but i could be mistaken... :(
its not something i guess i know a lot about lol :p

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
How do you Buffer missles? what does this mean !?! :(
Don't worry about it, he's just throwing out buzz words like "buffer" for some kind of elitist sense of self-satisfaction to confuse people like you.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Don't worry about it, he's just throwing out buzz words like "buffer" for some kind of elitist sense of self-satisfaction to confuse people like you.
Ouchh.. and thanks Hive, I kinda wanna learn that, it'd be sweet to fire off three , not very productive and kills your hit percentage :p But hell to hit percentage as long as you win.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Buffering is when you input a command silghtly earlier than it should normally be allowed. So if you input a jump and super missile 4 frames before the first one ends, it will do both of them. It's basically doing it right before you should be allowed to. Samuses FF fair to D-tilt a lot...

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Buffering is when you input a command silghtly earlier than it should normally be allowed. So if you input a jump and super missile 4 frames before the first one ends, it will do both of them. It's basically doing it right before you should be allowed to. Samuses FF fair to D-tilt a lot...
Ooooh! i buffer that one all the time then lol. wicked thanks guys.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
What's the difference between buffering and IASA (Interruptable As Soon As) frames? For example, Samus' u-tilt has IASA frames. Her f-air can be buffered into a d-tilt. So, what's the difference?

Also, why don't we have a video of Samus glide tossing? I just learned it today and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Pit's is better, though. Darn angel can slide far back! O_O

icedragon-

Smash Rookie
Btw Dryn, Marth's backwards slide toss is EVEN further than Pit's. Marth can move 3/4 across Smashville with precise timing. His forward glide toss has harder timing but he can still go very far.

Characters that can glide toss: Zamus, Samus, Diddy, R.O.B., DK, Pit, Peach, Marth, Meta Knight, and with super good timing, Link can do it. If I missed any of the obv. ones please let me know. Are there any others than can GT?

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
^ tilt forward B for homing, smash forward B for smash missile.

it requires a bit of finesse, but i'm sure you'll get it down pat in no time.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
pretty crappy results but it may help our power rankings. crews 2nd out of 9 entrants. 3 dollar fee to enter (even though i didnt pay to get in) and i won 5 bucks....... i make it rain lol

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
crews, thanks for the results but there needs to be at least 16 people in an evet for me to count it.

i just got rohins results and i will update them i a bit

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Using uncharged blast to zone vs people who jump a lot:

If you short hop uncharged blast you are able to move by the time you land. You can chase it similar to a missile and it deters people from jumping. If they jump into it you can get some grabs, other hits, etc. They can always aerial through it but they can aerial through missiles so who cares.

Soo...

buffer uncharged blast from short hop, buffer crouch from landing -> buffered run, ... bla bla bla

Nothing amazing but maybe it will help you out vs people who are air-borne too much.

edit:

Since Xyro got banned again I'll just post my results here:

13th of 58 in Brawl 1v1
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=2623

I went all Samus and lost to Dedede and MK.

Hive

Smash Lord
OK, so i was wondering this the other day-> samus has a lot of disadvantaged matchups, but there are a few that sort of stick out as disasteriffic for her.... so my question is this: which matchups (at high levels of play) can a samus be expected to not have that much of a chance in winning?
mk and ddd are pretty obvious i think... if you can pull of perfect spacing in a match and there is a little luck, yea, she can win, but its not reasonable. marth i think is one of those matches too.
i was also thinking falco, sheik (?), olimar (though i don't have much personal olimar exp), and maybe toon link(i haven't played one in awhile though...) were pretty difficult too. i think i've heard pit is pretty hard at higher levels as well.

also what do you think her most even matchup is?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I honestly don't know why it's believed that Samus has a hard time against Olimar.

Anyway, we got to get a video of Samus doing glide tossing, since we don't have one here. If someone has a recording device, I'd be more than happy to do this and send it. Not to mention, there's a trick that Rohins discovered that is in his pointless tech video that I picked up, but I never see it used in actual matches. It doesn't even have a name.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I honestly don't know why it's believed that Samus has a hard time against Olimar.
This. Really. I have an easier time with Olimar than I do with any other character. Learn to U-tilt, D-air and ***** out every projectile/long range attack instead of just Missiles and Z-air.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
I thought you quit Brawl, Rohins.
I certainly said I did. I went to a tournament, but I don't practice or really plan on attending Brawl events (doesn't mean I won't enter them in the future). I guess it's hard to say what constitutes quitting, the lack of effort or the lack of participation.

This. Really. I have an easier time with Olimar than I do with any other character. Learn to U-tilt, D-air and ***** out every projectile/long range attack instead of just Missiles and Z-air.
I agree. It's a disadvantage but not a counter in my opinion.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
In my opinion, at the HIGHEST of level.

Meta, Falco, Marth, DDD, olimar! I would count snake but there are so many things u can do to him that can mess him up.

BTW, glide toss vid is coming up ina few hours. im making it

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Xyro you noob why didnt you include how to do smashes and aerials whilst holding a banana lol

Crystanium

Smash Hero
We really need to get in a video of Samus using her Charge Shot as she runs off the stage. It's mid-way into the ground, and you can see it in Rohins' pointless tech video. I done it today while brawling with a friend of mine. I just had to try it out, and it ended up KO'ing him. It was too good!

tha_carter

Smash Ace
lmao, samus boards are finally learning to use bananas?

Thank god nobody listened to "just throw them off the edge". Lmao

Top Bottom