• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The UK Thread: Latest News/Players/Tournaments [London monthly!] [Leicester monthly!]

COEY

Smash Lord
There used to be a time when you could just say a rhyme and wouldn't have to worry about one of your people dying
thats true, i recently joked im a poet and i know it and immediately 6 of my closest friends died.

thats not even a good ryhme ****it, thats not even a good rhyme :/

J03

Smash Master
haha thats absolutely terrible will.

on a slightly more meaningful note id like to point out that 6 posts in a row have been made without being tainted by londoners =o

VA

Smash Hero
you guys are just really dumb.

I don't really care about what you think because it makes no sense and is based on stupid person logic.

I'm not about to go revealing exactly why I think Charles could never be the best in the world. It's kind of mean to just diss him so publicly in detail. I'll leave it for now in saying that he won't be, and if he is then you'll have proved me wrong. But one thing I'll put out there, you are wildly underestimating mango.

COEY

Smash Lord
edwin - thank you :)

robby - i love mango, he's absolutely sick. but all joe was trying to do was to support charles in a very obv over estimated way. and you had to come in with your opinion and ruin it. im not sure what that says about you as a person, are you a story topper too? lol. also i wasnt being serious if any of that was aimed at me the whole british vs canadian logic was a joke, im pretty sure ive been around long enough to not actually believe that. all i will say is though dont over estimate any player either, i remember ppl doubting that ken would ever be beaten, back when mango was just a fruit... just a fruit.

VA

Smash Hero
What?

I don't even know what you're talking about with that post.

I just don't condone bum licking.

Even if someone said I could be the best in the world, I wouldn't support it because nobody has any evidence to suggest I could be. I know what I know about myself and my knowledge of the game. And Im pretty certain I understand Charles better than any of you do (cept prof and edwin).

Imagine you knew something then a load of people went around saying something ridiculous about the thing you know. You'd be like come on guys, that's just not true.

But if in future you'd prefer me to stay out and let you have your bum lick competition then that's fine with me.

J03

Smash Master
robby chill you beans!

look outside, go outside, enjoy it.

im not taking anything your saying seriously because i imagine your mega frustrated with uni shiz right now. If i was taking you seriously id probably have to nut you rofl. re read what your saying and imagine saying it to my face in the same tone your saying it now, its twatish behaviour that neither myself nor will deserves.

to give you an idea.

The best of times.
the times myself and coey are having
regular times
the worst of times
robby times atm

lighten up and chill out, noone wants to fight you lol

VA

Smash Hero
lol, whatever.

this what makes charles dominate. people ****ing revere him. get a clue. that's all I'm saying.

he's not done anything spectacular yet. he's had a couple of good international moments this last year, other than that. poop. so lets not get ahead of ourselves, and lets not Q_Q when I say that he's not.

you and coey can cope with me going overboard and being annoying can't you? or are you going to threaten to nut me again?

J03

Smash Master
lol now whose being silly?

thats your logic? i cant support a friend because you dont like it?

i support you and you havent done any of the things charles has done.

what a nob

VA

Smash Hero
there's supporting and there's saying crazy things. putting it in those terms makes it sound totally different.

I'm proud of charles for what he's done. I'm not ready to start going YEAH HE'S GOING TO BE THE BEST IN THE WORLD. How about you just chill out with your "support"? It makes it look as our community think charles is a god. He's a very good smasher but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

also thanks for pointing how I've done nothing yet, because I will have very soon, then you can say the same about me and I'll still disagree.

VA

Smash Hero
None of the UK ones unfortunately. But I am going to ESA4 in France and then Apex a month later. Which is exciting.

To Jo3, I think you need to look a bit more carefully at what just happened. I'm just trying to say Charles isn't the best in the world. You were the one that dragged up my personal record against him and said stuff about me thinking I could be the best.

You didn't even need to address my opinion if you don't agree with it. I felt it necessary to say mine, be prepared for an argument if you're going to engage with it.

AmcD

Smash Ace
Thats a shame, hardly had any games with you.
I want to go to ESA4 but depends if Ed is driving there.

J03

Smash Master
i apologise for adding unnecessary factors but seeing as the whole thing is unnecessary it seemed fair lol.

i don't care if you think my opinion is stupid, you wont affect it, i think Charles can be the best so deal with it. ive played the best in Europe and no its a stupid comment. he ***** sheik so Amsah is a realistic target. SS beat armada and imo Charles will be better then him quite soon. seeing as you yourself implied that Charles could do well against m2k (that implied logic) and mango believes that on a good day m2k is better then him you tell me where the stupidity lies?

i will not be called stupid and dumb by someone just because they think there opinion is better then everyone else's.

thats why i replied, ive said my piece and i am sorry because i know i should have let it drop and not posted this =/

EDIT: its only fair to let you say your piece too if you wanna, i will read it and i will listen but plox dont leave anything open as i wont be replying to anything more on this discussion

VA

Smash Hero
Iori logic is fundamentally dumb.

But I didn't mean I think you're stupid. You're good at smash and stuff. But yeah I really think you're wrong about Charles.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
charles already acknowledges that amsah's sheik beats him regardless of how good his vs sheik game is .-.

J03

Smash Master
fair enough, it wasnt about whether or not im good at smash, we clearly disagree and what makes a person dumb.

again im sorry for posting that last post.

VA

Smash Hero
lol I said it's bad logic. Ioir logic is fail.

Anyway, it's ok for you to think, but it is an extreme view. expect people to disagree if you post something like that. many people did but it was my post that was picked up on.

COEY

Smash Lord
Heated conversation!

Sorry robby was only messin about. I only singled you out as your post was very blunt.

Good luck with your uni work shame you won't be making the uk tourneys.

Wish I was going apex :/

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
joe your display picture is still 'ban the banter'

and mine is still Joe Pesci, though there is a timelessness to this. Plus, I only put that as my picture fur the banner.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
yes?

i'm saying that if anyone thinks Charles can't be the best then they're either an idiot, an egotist or a pessimist.

EDIT:

TC: you disagree and therefore think its physically impossible for Charles to ever be as good as Mango?

VA: I know there is no point in trying to change your thoughts so i won't. However you believe that you can clearly become the world NO:1 some day and Charles has beaten you at every tourney so far, whether he deserved it or not. So if you can, why can he not? Take the cases of you being 2-0 up and losing. Its either a case of you bottling it or him stepping it up and most likely somewhere in the middle. I beleive that Charles has a secret gear that makes him amazing.

One piece of information to digest. Charles sheik game is up there with the best Falcons in the world with no decent and intensive experience vs sheik. Now that's Falcons HARDEST match-up by FAR! if he ups the rest of the match-ups to that level there is no logical reason for him to not be the best.

loool

On a different note I also believe Falcons to be the best char in the game once he has landed a hit. If you could use Isai logic then Falcon would be the best in the game =P

loool ^^^

loool I could never be on someones **** like I have been seeing in this thread.....it's kinda shameful to be writing the stuff I have been seeing and still feel comfortable lol....cos it's just straight riding like you're trying to promote him or something.

Jo3 - You're just applying the logic of 'If Charles did this and that then he would be the best in the world'.....well yeah that can be applied to quite alot of people so that doesn't ACTUALLY count, and HE WON'T BE THE BEST IN THE WORLD.......Ohhhh, im an idiot for thinking different, well technically right now your status is currently set as Idiot until we are proven wrong, which won't happen if you live on this planet

And I HEAVILY agree on VA saying you underestimating Mango....cos Charles still has alot of people to go through.

And yeah, he hasn't actually done anything AMAZING yet....he's done stuff REALLY good so far but when he starts placing first at the events then we can start looking at him being the best other places.....but not the world.

I don't know if you are joking are not but your sounding very noobish with all of these comments and I expected more sensible comments from you...

GET REALISTIC!

VA

Smash Hero
why are you laughing? this is a jibe at you, not me.

also, they're not angry outbursts, that's your speciality.

J03

Smash Master
rofl pro dont think i dont know, your probs just pissed that i dont rate you and your ego disagrees, you are a **** that much is obvious.

The proper irony is you'll read this and think im angry because you touched a nerve or something, when its actually because its annoying coz people consider you a role model and start acting as obnoxious as you, causing everyone to either become more unpleasant to fit in or to stop posting because of how unpleasant the boards are these days, so unpleasant that you cant support a mate without being gay rofl, sounds like a closet case to me >_0.

sick burn lolololol

Top Bottom