• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The UK Thread: Latest News/Players/Tournaments [London monthly!] [Leicester monthly!]

VA

Smash Hero
I think from e.croydon it's like £12 return on a YP railcard. If you book you can get tickets for £3-5 each way. from nationalrail.co.uk

everyone is welcome to stay for a few days.

VA

Smash Hero
well I can't house that many people, but like if you guys come after the 18th you'll be guaranteed beds.

FanDemZ

Smash Apprentice
Me and Bishkin could quite possibly make that. We can probably get alternative housing so we wouldn't have to take up a place.

Sounds awesome tho bro

VA

Smash Hero
yeah you and bishkin should try to make it down to brighton, it's getting kind of busy though.

Confirmed for my place are Deathgazer and Yeniths.

Possibility: Prof

Unlikely: Jo3

Too late: Bill

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
Yeh man I'll come down to brighton, well on that if it's cool.

Anyone around in London this sunday?? Anyone hosting?? Anyone want to come around mine?? Anyone wanna be my friend?????? lol
But seriously I want to play smash so if people want to come mine during the day on sunday let me know

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
results:

doubles

1st: Diakanos & Sion
2nd: Cow Ear & Patooty
3rd: Fuzzyness & Noobking
4th: Dieslow & Hitsugaya

singles

1st: Diakanos
2nd: Dieslow
3rd: Fuzzyness
4th: Hitsugaya
5th: Sion/Cowear?

Fuzzyness vs Hitsugaya is ****. He destroys our best (only) sheik main. He also goes close with dieslow in their losers final set. There is also a best of 7 MM of my falcon vs fuzzy's recorded but I'll leave that as a surprise. Not sure when any vids are coming but i do know lots were recorded and should be uploaded eventually.

COEY

Smash Lord
results:

doubles

1st: Diakanos & Sion
2nd: Cow Ear & Patooty
3rd: Fuzzyness & Noobking
4th: Dieslow & Hitsugaya

singles

1st: Diakanos
2nd: Dieslow
3rd: Fuzzyness
4th: Hitsugaya
5th: Sion/Cowear?

Fuzzyness vs Hitsugaya is ****. He destroys our best (only) sheik main. He also goes close with dieslow in their losers final set. There is also a best of 7 MM of my falcon vs fuzzy's recorded but I'll leave that as a surprise. Not sure when any vids are coming but i do know lots were recorded and should be uploaded eventually.
****ing go on charles my son!

J03

Smash Master
Charles for the World No:1 !!

need to see him play mango, dont expect him to win the first time they plan but charles learning mangos style is one hell of a scary thought

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
ive talked to charles about some of falcons more difficult matchups and he simply knows what to do, his falcons different for each char he plays against. sure its the same dude playing and same slick style shining through but he is a god **** mother ****ing genius at **** like that.

need to see him play mango, dont expect him to win the first time they plan but charles learning mangos style is one hell of a scary thought
Funny overestimation.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
ive talked to charles about some of falcons more difficult matchups and he simply knows what to do, his falcons different for each char he plays against. sure its the same dude playing and same slick style shining through but he is a god **** mother ****ing genius at **** like that.

Charles needs to get higher than 3rd place if he wants to consider playing on Mango's level.

Also while Charles may be very good vs Sheik I very strongly disagree that he has match-ups down. The fact that he said he felt the need to pick up a counterpick vs jiggs (an even match-up...) after being knocked out by Biscuit, and has now said the same thing about a falco that knocked him out shows that his character confidence isn't strong enough when he faces a character that he can't beat.

Don't get me wrong, he's a very good player but not THAT good.

His vs sheik game scared me. I think I'm still better at the vs falco and vs falcon matchups though.
I haven't seen you play extensively, but judging by the fact that you beat him in Falcon dittos and that he doesn't get a lot of Falco experience I think you'd be right in saying that. How he's so good vs Sheik fails me though, we hardly have a lot of Sheik mains here!

J03

Smash Master
lol funny that your minds went there but no, i meant charles getting trained by mango would be amazing, espicially in the long run. imo charles has the ability to be top one day.

pretty sure some people probably laughed at the thought of mango being the best with jiggs a while back though =P just remember that nothing stays the same for too long

VA

Smash Hero
yeah but it shows you up saying that joe. charles could never be the best in europe let alone the world.

Jolteon

lol funny that your minds went there but no, i meant charles getting trained by mango would be amazing, espicially in the long run. imo charles has the ability to be top one day.

pretty sure some people probably laughed at the thought of mango being the best with jiggs a while back though =P just remember that nothing stays the same for too long
It's just the fact that you said "dont expect him to win the first time they plan but charles learning mangos style is one hell of a scary thought". It made it sound like you were expecting charles to adapt to mango's style and go even with him.

J03

Smash Master
take whatever you want from where ever you want but how about these apples?

Charles is the smash version of Ash Ketchum

with pokemon being knowledge

once he collects it all he will be the best imo

disagree? then you're a muppet!

J03

Smash Master
yes?

i'm saying that if anyone thinks Charles can't be the best then they're either an idiot, an egotist or a pessimist.

EDIT:

TC: you disagree and therefore think its physically impossible for Charles to ever be as good as Mango?

On a different note I also believe Falcons to be the best char in the game once he has landed a hit. If you could use Isai logic then Falcon would be the best in the game =P

Jolteon

yes?

i'm saying that if anyone thinks Charles can't be the best then they're either an idiot, an egotist or a pessimist.

EDIT:

TC: you disagree and therefore think its physically impossible for Charles to ever be as good as Mango?

VA: I know there is no point in trying to change your thoughts so i won't. However you believe that you can clearly become the world NO:1 some day and Charles has beaten you at every tourney so far, whether he deserved it or not. So if you can, why can he not? Take the cases of you being 2-0 up and losing. Its either a case of you bottling it or him stepping it up and most likely somewhere in the middle. I beleive that Charles has a secret gear that makes him amazing.

One piece of information to digest. Charles sheik game is up there with the best Falcons in the world with no decent and intensive experience vs sheik. Now that's Falcons HARDEST match-up by FAR! if he ups the rest of the match-ups to that level there is no logical reason for him to not be the best.

On a different note I also believe Falcons to be the best char in the game once he has landed a hit. If you could use Isai logic then Falcon would be the best in the game =P
I didn't say anything about the future, I just think that right now it's impossible for charles to play mango and adapt to his style to be on par with him after a few games.

J03

Smash Master
i think its funny tbh.

Charles beating Adam surprised alot of people but i thought it was how it should have gone down

Charles finishing 2nd in France " ... " ... " ... " ... " ... " ... " ... " ... " ... " ... " ... " ... " ... " ... " ..."

same again with this. carry on being surprised peeps, whilst i work on my game to keep up =P

COEY

Smash Lord
lol at ppl taking joes posts seriously, but in fairness if a canadian can beat charles then a good great british lad should definitely be able to. oh and try not to take me too seriously either btw.

also robby like joe said you have little ground to stand on with that comment, imagine if armada hadnt reinvented peach for you. youd still be loosing fox dittos to prof and johning about nerves afterwards.

*waits for emotional ben style robby comeback*

edit: sorry ben

Top Bottom