• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The UK Thread: Latest News/Players/Tournaments [London monthly!] [Leicester monthly!]

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
rofl pro dont think i dont know, your probs just pissed that i dont rate you and your ego disagrees, you are a **** that much is obvious.

Charles can be the best, I hope Charles does well. clearly means i want to ride his **** rather then trying to be supporting, its an angle that you could ever understand because your constantly riding your own **** in what is an impressive feat for a ***** without a member, which is all your constant self-ego remarks ever made anyone think of you. In fact your probs so convinced that everyone is as self-riding as you that you never even thought about it like that, not because you you overlooked it, just because your ego is incapable of thinking that way rofl. I know people like you, they tend to be people who are so desperate for attention due to feeling inadequate that they consider any attention good, so i hope this helps your confidence rofl, which i know it will >_0

The proper irony is you'll read this and think im angry because you touched a nerve or something, when its actually because im pissed off that people consider you a role model and start acting as obnoxious as you, causing everyone to either become more unpleasant to fit in or to stop posting because of how unpleasant the boards are these days, so unpleasant in fact that you cant support a mate without being gay rofl, sounds like a closet case to me >_0.

sick burn lolololol
loool I don't care if you don't rate me, I have never searched for your approval and im done with this game in a few months so i'm not upset about anything nor searching for ratings.
Obviously though that your opinion is drastically wrong you feel you have to make my opinion seem like it is more personal related thus making it appear invalid but what I said still stands and you are wrong and I am right until proven different.

There's a clear difference between supporting and riding someone, and sorry but you went past the supporting line quite awhile ago, my opinion had nothing to do with my ego, it's just a fact that he isn't going to be the best in the world.
But what you seem to be saying is if I don't admit that Charles is gonna be one of the best or the best in the world I have an ego problem.......get real, get used to reality and stop riding Charles.

You know people like me? NO you don't know me, don't approach me like you do, you know what i'm like on a website, but don't talk like you know me one bit, cos you don't know nothing. Like I don't know you. Get off that analytic mentallity which makes you think you can identify every situation.

And you can be pissed off with people see me as a role-model, i've never intended to present myself or made and effort to put across that I am, I just do me and if the way I am appeals to people or makes them change then that's there fault for following.

In the end of the day it's funny how you think you have the answers but nearly everything you say is wrong or you make a statment explained well but it really does not relate to the subject in question.

Charles won't be the best in the world.
Congratz charles on your placing at your recent tournaments.
But you won't be the best in the world.

X1-12

Smash Champion
And you can be pissed off with people see me as a role-model, i've never intended to present myself or made and effort to put across that I am,

there is a certain argument that says people who are looked up to*, should be responsible and a good role model, as you almost certainly will be a role model when you are UK #2 - it would be nice if the UK boards were more friendly place, and it would make newcomers seem more welcome

* in terms of ability in this case

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
there is a certain argument that says people who are looked up to*, should be responsible and a good role model, as you almost certainly will be a role model when you are UK #2 - it would be nice if the UK boards were more friendly place, and it would make newcomers seem more welcome

* in terms of ability in this case
I don't give a **** of my positioning in the UK, there is no way in hell i'm going to change my behaviour cos I honestly don't care about the scene that much to do so.
This isn't my pride and joy.....I won't be change anything about myself to assist it
And just remember I didn't actually create this arguement, I just stepped into, so please aim your advice and someone who cares about the well being of the scene.

btw you said yourself charles can be the best here.

you and robby both never said why he CAN'T be the best because we both know it wasnt about whether or not he can or cant be, you just didnt agree and figured 'im right hes wrong' which is the self-riding im talking about. AND THEN instead of even bothering to construct an argument you just figured youd throw some slander about for the banter and liked picking ME apart (not my argument) when i responded and then wonder why you got some personal **** said back like 'wtf im professor professional, no-one is allowed to give it back' (self-riding). your either mega immature or mega egotistical, most likely both, thats why i can throw psycho babble around and act like a self proclaimed guru when all im actually doing is saying something obvious and making it sound like i got it via psychology (which is actually what psychologists do, proper useless people)
I said Fuzzyness could be the best applying the logic of him having training from the best, if he was training all the time, played this, played that, blah blah blah just like anyonelse could, so if you're going to use it in that logic then YEAH....but I think it was pretty obvious what term we were using 'Fuzzy being the best' in so I don't think it needs much defining.

Thus me continuing saying FUZZYNESS WILL NOT BE THE BEST IN THE WORLD.

And the reason why you were riding him was how you were rating him and describing and saying he can be the best this and the best that....if you stated it simply with a little bit of praise here and there it would of been different, but that was not the case.

Charles won't be the best because of his overall mentality when it comes to the game, yeah he is determined and stuff like everyonelse but in terms of his gameplay and how he views the game that's one reason why I don't think he will be the best in the world.

I don't think he has the right environment and yes environment isn't COMPLETELY everything but I don't think he will fully be able to get to a world class level.

And overall I just completely don't think he has what it takes to become the best player in the world, esp with his constant character changes which to this day is still going on despite him saying he's stickinh with CF.

And there's a difference in how we responded, mine wasn't really slander and you're the one who actually try to approach the situation more personally, I said that your opinion was dumb and it was noobish and you said (firstly) if anyone disagrees with they are a fool.....and then you said you know me and my type, and that cos im not agreeing with you I have an ego and that im upset cos you're not saying it about me and foolishly believing what you're saying actually have some facts about it.....but I guess you're too blind to see that some people know Charles will not be the best in the world.

Stop be blinding by the **** which you are riding on.

Nice try on the analytic bit as well in this post, the last one was better though imo.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
EDIT: want evidence, only self-riders deny responsibility for things they are clearly responsible for. want evidence im NOT ALONE in thinking it, check out the post above this.

want evidence that MOST people agree with me, be nice for a while and ask people which they prefer. because no-one will be honest whilst your a **** and good at the game, its counter productive.
Ohh.....you want proof, plus people saying it in this thread?

$29Oo°·$4¤·´`· ¸ »¤ ·$39 Áä®öñ ·$4¤·´`· ¸ »¤·$29°oO ·$1™ says:
who in here believes charles won't be the best in the world

KillerJawz says:
He will never be the best in the world

Teh Shlurpie says:
i do
maybe he can get to be top 10 in europe

Joe - Joe Man says:
i doubt it

Alpha Dash - Dujuan says:
Never ever

willzeh@hotmail.com says:
hell no lmao

Last Dragon says:
BAHAHAHAH

Gantz says:
Stick to reality, fuzzy can't even beat me.

Andy says:
no

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
why do you post?
why do you even play?
Oh....because I enjoy this game called Melee. Do I have to be in love with the scene to play it????

I'm not gonna be hardcore looking out for the scene....i'm not gonna purposefully go out my way to destroy it nor am I purposefully going to go out my way to build it...im going to do what I do and plat the game.

And I post on here to see the updates of new stuff and what people are saying.

Your making posts as if I am meant to be following some guidelines.....without realizing I am OOC.

The real question is WHY DO YOU POST....all you actually do is come on here and critique without actually adding,contributing or proving anything like with the VA situation is....do you even play smash?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Oh....because I enjoy this game called Melee. Do I have to be in love with the scene to play it????

Your making posts as if I am meant to be following some guidelines.....without realizing I am OOC.

The real question is WHY DO YOU POST....all you actually do is come on here and critique without actually adding,contributing or proving anything like with the VA situation is....do you even play smash?
does it not get to you how selfish you are? you just go along so's that you have people to play and beyond that you just don't care..?

why do I post? partly cause I do care about the scene, so then when I am still playing smash at uni etc there's still tourney's going on, there's still people playing.. and i did think the 'VA situation' would come up again, well my beef with VA is that the majority of his posts get on my nerves.. I didn't bother to PM him about it, i just deal with it.. and how can you talk about contributing and adding?

J03

Smash Master
i love that you got people to give their 'opinions' which count for nothing as i said earlier. so ill point it out again

Alpha Dash is a good friend of yours, you honestly expect him to give a contradictory statement when your clearly annoyed about it? same goes for gantz, Last Dragon. leaving shlurpie, killerjawz, joe-joe and andy who are clearly trying to fit, even if they arent then its there opinion which i respect. hell 3 of them even say maybe lol so weve found out that 50% of people (all of which are your friends) agree with you, 50% disagree with you (not saying they agree with me) and 100% dont care lol. ground breaking stuff there aaron.

On another note i havent managed to spell 'because' right the first time this entire time. I even had to respell that last because... and that one

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
does it not get to you how selfish you are? you just go along so's that you have people to play and beyond that you just don't care..?

why do I post? partly cause I do care about the scene, so then when I am still playing smash at uni etc there's still tourney's going on, there's still people playing.. and i did think the 'VA situation' would come up again, well my beef with VA is that the majority of his posts get on my nerves.. I didn't bother to PM him about it, i just deal with it.. and how can you talk about contributing and adding?
I only actually play my crew and they are the only people I genuiely care about with a few others here and there....so please disregard your 'you just go along so's that you have people to play and beyond that you just don't care..?' comment and stop coming on smashboards and just judging people and being of no importance...

selfish for only caring for my crew?
I call it sticking to my own.
Is that still selfish?
Then selfish I am.

I've added and contributed more then you since i've been in the scene Mr. Oct 2009 which is how I can talk about contributing and adding....you have actually given nothing except for criticizing.

And the VA situation shows your purpose of being here, he was talking about himself and yet you felt to insult him.....loool @ you

X1-12

Smash Champion
I only actually play my crew and they are the only people I genuiely care about with a few others here and there....so please disregard your 'you just go along so's that you have people to play and beyond that you just don't care..?' comment and stop coming on smashboards and just judging people and being of no importance...

selfish for only caring for my crew?
I call it sticking to my own.
Is that still selfish?
Then selfish I am.

I've added and contributed more then you since i've been in the scene Mr. Oct 2009 which is how I can talk about contributing and adding....you have actually given nothing except for criticizing.

And the VA situation shows your purpose of being here, he was talking about himself and yet you felt to insult him.....loool @ you

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

since I am Mr. Oct 2009 perhaps its because you've grown so used to it that you don't notice how crap the UK boards really are?

and btw you saying you've contributed more, well maybe you have but at the moment you just jump into arguments or post useless ****...

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
ok pro you win, all you want is the win, to have the last say, somehow you think i care about whether or not charles can be no:1 when all i cared about is common courtesy and respect that you dont have for other people on the boards which means your a disrespectful person in your mind. i pointed out that you didnt make an argument about why he cant be the best because i know you didnt care about whether or not he could be the best you just wanted to be right lol, i didnt actually care for a counter argument because it wasnt an argument it was support which apparently is banned ROFL.

i love that you got people to give their 'opinions' which count for nothing as i said earlier. so ill point it out again

Alpha Dash- a good friend of yours, you honestly expect him to give a contradictory statement when your clearly annoyed about it? same goes for gantz, Last Dragon. leaving shlurpie, killerjawz, joe-joe and andy who are clearly trying to fit, even if they arent then its there opinion which i respect. hell 3 of them even say maybe lol so weve found out that 50% of people (all of which are your friends) agree with you, 50% disagree with you (not saying they agree with me) and 100% dont care lol. ground breaking stuff there aaron.

your actually so far up your own *** that you cant except the facts. the facts ARE NOT people think charles can be the best, the facts are people disagree with you and you choose to selectively ignore them to support your won hypothesis, which is called bias OR self-riding.

lastly you dont have an ego because you disagree with me, you have an ego because of everything i have said since you decided it was your job to to dictate what people can and cant say without being singled out and insulted, good job numb nuts, youve systematically proved everything ive been saying whilst
A. trying to win an argument that your the only person involved in
and
B. not even realising it

its too funny. ty for the laughs because ive been very amused for hours.

On another note i havent managed to spell 'because' right the first time this entire time. I even had to respell that last because... and that one
loool I'm out to disregard your statement more then me winning, you said things which werent correct, and I explained them being wrong.

Anyway I am right and you are wrong....that's just how it is i'm glad you feel I proved you're theories cos you proved mine as well.

You're obviously upset about the situation but i'm not gonna make any more long posts since they just further prove you wrong and me right....nothing to do with my ego or mentality, it's just you began wrong thus making it easy for me to be right.

this stuff writes itself
Well it was a response to another person saying 'What have you added or contributed?' implying that I have done nothing, so I just stated I have done more then him.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

since I am Mr. Oct 2009 perhaps its because you've grown so used to it that you don't notice how crap the UK boards really are?

and btw you saying you've contributed more, well maybe you have but at the moment you just jump into arguments or post useless ****...
That statement also proves you don't pay attention on the boards.

I CLEARLY stated in the past and even made a thread about it about how crap the UK boards are.....stop making these statements cos i'm actually not enjoying proving you wrong anymore, it's just hard to do this to one individual, I like to spread it among loads.

And you've jumped into this arguement and also posted useless ****.....sooooo what point are you trying to prove which doesn't also count for you?

X1-12

Smash Champion
And you've jumped into this arguement and also posted useless ****.
..nooo.. I suggested - in a non-confrontational way - that you could try and make the scene better/ you said you didn't care/ I asked why you post or play/ you are like nah i don't care about the scene/ i say aint that a bit selfish?/ you are like shaddup mr oct 08

see where i jumped into that argument?

and i put my hands up.. that lone of 'LOLOLOL' was me posting **** but ah well

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
Man why is it always a constant competition of who's gonna stand down first in an argument? Seriously, who gives a ****??? It's obvious in disagreements like this nobody is gonna change their opinion so why bother fighting it. Who cares what other people think anyway?
A simple 'your opinion', 'fair enough' or 'cool bro' is all that's needed to end these stupid disputes.
Seems like every time I come on here somebody's bickering about something, it really puts me off sometimes....
It's just a game ffs lol.

Fin.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You jumped in a started critizing me and calling me selfish, that's looking for a dispute. You got your response from me which was I don't really give a **** about the scene but you carried on to critique and judge, now while I turn off my computer please go and do something on the boards which doesn't include critizing or jumping in an arguement.

J03

Smash Master
its just too cool that all of this came from me saying a joke, imagine if Jam had said the same thing lol.

my interest is low and i dont feel the need to hold back and respect people who dont hold back or respect me

i think the thing is i automatically offer my respect to other people, its how i was raised and i aint saying thats right im just saying thats that.

then you have people who dont offer their respect to people, either coz its not how they where raised or because people have violated that trust before, i consider aaron to be one of the latter because hes a nice guy.

regardless, when you offer respect and dont get it in return its strange, uncomfortable and irritating. on the flip side if you dont offer respect you clearly dont consider it important on first encounters which is perfectly fine, i mean why should you respect someone you dont know? so they cant understand why you other person is even getting irritated (which is irritating), either that or they simply dont care. Aaron i know that right now you probs beleive that you simply dont care but i know you do coz sometimes ive said 'can you tone it down for so and so'... fu ck it...'can you tone it down for Ben coz hes getting annoyed' and you have coz like ive said, your a nice guy.

thats the dilemma, and its unsolvable because i require respect to not get annoyed and aaron does not.

has anyone else noticed that i get alot nicer when i stop being irritated, imo i just get bored first, lack of patience, my problem in smash too =/

RRROOOFFFFFFLLLLL

J03

Smash Master
deleted the stuff i said just coz i was annoyed.

but i still dont know if saying charles can be the best is really that dumb. coz both Pro and VA decided that i was dumb and wondered why i responded to them,i responded to TC too and we got on without a problem =/.

TC dont act like a jerk though >_0

... even if i do.

X1-12

Smash Champion

but i still dont know if saying charles can be the best is really that dumb. coz both Pro and VA decided that i was dumb and wondered why i responded to them,i responded to TC too and we got on without a problem =/.

... even if i do.
not being funny, but with you constantly chaning your mind and getting irritated unirritated whatever, perhaps you should just get some sleep and think about it in the morning? I know I for one can't think straight

J03

Smash Master
haha not an option, im on medication for a mega concussion that limits my sleep. Ive also quit smoking and find it hard to sleep (oh the johns)

ive decided to stop getting annoyed by all of this talk of riding charles and to just go ahead and ride him so hard that its deserved.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.

... even if i do.
why would I? >__> even if for arguments sake i just decided to say "you're dumb" its not going to change your opinion.

Also just to summarise why I wont think Charles will ever be the world's #1, or even top 3, this quote does the job well:
"Charles won't be the best because of his overall mentality when it comes to the game"

VA

Smash Hero
I think attitude works better than mentality.

But anyway, whatever. This is what I wanted. I don't flame well so prof had to do it for me.

Boards are ****, get over it. People aren't going to stop offering support to newcomers that's just a load of **** that people come up with cos we have our opinions about certain things. I am supportive of Charles just not way overboard like COME ON CHARLES YOU CAN BEAT MANGO COS YOU BEAT SOMEONE WHO HE PLAYED ONCE. I actually spoke to charles extensively before the Canada tournament and we had an in depth conversation about character selection and I was like come charles you can win this.

I really was impressed by him too. Joe why don't you just accept that it was silly to post that Charles can be the best in the world? Then we can all move on.

The fact of the matter is, it's stupid to judge me based on my posts on boards. Consider it a separation of who I am because I'm not this outspoken in real life. Yeah it's easier online and I'm actually pretty **** polite in reality. I'm allowed to have my opinions. If you said it to me in real life I'd just calmly explain to why I don't think it's true. Joe you know this.

Boards is boards, if you can't hack it go elsewhere.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
joe your display picture is still 'ban the banter'

and mine is still Joe Pesci, though there is a timelessness to this. Plus, I only put that as my picture fur the banner.
Captain James Douglas Falcon for life son!!! <3

also where is BC plays melee vidz : D
The only vids out there are me vs vish falcon dittos friendlies.

FYI Vish 2-0'd fuzzyness in singles pools. His youtube vids don't really do him much justice. Vish is actually pretty good. ranked right behind bladewise/silent wolf/ eggz on the Washington PR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbb_Y-5fAMU&playnext_from=TL&videos=b8n1zh1vCwQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzQZyWNFQYU&playnext_from=TL&videos=mNCoFRk35qA

These were friendlies a day or two after the tournament at roby extremes house. No jonz but I don't recall being super focused and/or determined to win these matches >__>

VA

Smash Hero
That's funny about Vish. He wasn't good last time I played him but I heard he's been getting there.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I think attitude works better than mentality.

But anyway, whatever. This is what I wanted. I don't flame well so prof had to do it for me.

Boards are ****, get over it. People aren't going to stop offering support to newcomers that's just a load of **** that people come up with cos we have our opinions about certain things. I am supportive of Charles just not way overboard like COME ON CHARLES YOU CAN BEAT MANGO COS YOU BEAT SOMEONE WHO HE PLAYED ONCE. I actually spoke to charles extensively before the Canada tournament and we had an in depth conversation about character selection and I was like come charles you can win this.

I really was impressed by him too. Joe why don't you just accept that it was silly to post that Charles can be the best in the world? Then we can all move on.

The fact of the matter is, it's stupid to judge me based on my posts on boards. Consider it a separation of who I am because I'm not this outspoken in real life. Yeah it's easier online and I'm actually pretty **** polite in reality. I'm allowed to have my opinions. If you said it to me in real life I'd just calmly explain to why I don't think it's true. Joe you know this.

Boards is boards, if you can't hack it go elsewhere.
That's funny about Vish. He wasn't good last time I played him but I heard he's been getting there.
well he managed to 2-0 fuzzy in singles pools, beat sion in a MM, and knock me out of brackets in singles (despite the fact i was playing like ****).

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah I heard he's good now. At the tourneyplay I went to (2?), he nearly beat eric with jigglypuff. But I was ****** his falcon in friendlies, like super ****.

But yeah I guess he's got loads better now. Also I think fuzzy kind of sucks at falcon ditto (no johns).

J03

Smash Master
of course it was a silly post, but when challenged and i had to think about it... it became less silly

i dropped it with you Robby and all was well then titch stepped in fur the banter. was having none of it.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
then you have people who dont offer their respect to people, either coz its not how they where raised or because people have violated that trust before, i consider aaron to be one of the latter because hes a nice guy.
Both these are wrong as the statements you were saying about Charles.
But I think you should keep on trying with the pshyco-analysis on everyone because I think you said you want to take that route in life, but obviousl;y it needs a lot of work.

Reading from those texts books and relating it to every situation is not working for you isit :ohwell:

And don't ever say that's not how I was raised because that's offensive to my parents and no-one is gonna say that about me on here.

And yeah i'm done with this, I ended but you're obviously still upset about it since you continuned it, thus making a thread.

Captain James Douglas Falcon for life son!!! <3

The only vids out there are me vs vish falcon dittos friendlies.

FYI Vish 2-0'd fuzzyness in singles pools. His youtube vids don't really do him much justice. Vish is actually pretty good. ranked right behind bladewise/silent wolf/ eggz on the Washington PR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbb_Y-5fAMU&playnext_from=TL&videos=b8n1zh1vCwQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzQZyWNFQYU&playnext_from=TL&videos=mNCoFRk35qA

These were friendlies a day or two after the tournament at roby extremes house. No jonz but I don't recall being super focused and/or determined to win these matches >__>
Where's the videos of Charles????

Does anyone remember me and prof would have 10 page flame wars?

Those were the days.
loool They were.

When we argued we were always right though in both senses even though I was taking the bad route of being right while you were taking the good route lol.

Plus they were more interesting.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOOOOL I read this in The 'Charles is Amazing' thread......

'He is amazing because hes harder to beat then amsah (imo) and he has no fear of the best players in the world.'

???????????????????

Top Bottom