• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Official Crew Thread - Legit the best crew in the world.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I obviously can't speak for the single being that is inuibrandon but I am just annoyed at the presumptions by some people (ex: The only people that like brawl are ****ty melee players.) >_>

I don't see how someone can't take that as a flame.
That is a flame, and it is presumptuous, and it's not fair. It's a harsh overgeneralization, and very clearly not a hard and fast rule. It is, however, true in some cases. I don't think anyone is saying that all people who like Brawl are bad at Melee.

I'm saying, however, that the ones who desperately cling to Brawl are the ones who are scrubs at Melee. Not even bad at it, scrubs. People who love or hate Melee based on their last tournament placing.

Melee is deeper than how you place, it's deeper than who you win to and who you lose to, and by which margin. Some people never try to learn new things and only get better because their muscle memory improves, or they learn one more trick. They don't understand the core of the game, though. These people are scrubs, and these people are tired, and these people will cling to Brawl even if it's a bad game just because it's wayyyy more fun than getting *****.

p.s. There are less than a handful of people that I know who I feel fits this description. They aren't involved in this debate, but it's just something that's true and very apparent.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Nah I wasn't talking about what you said necessarily, just what some other people said.

I'm glad you clarified your point though, and I can agree on what you said about tourney placing though.

I just like brawl because I do and my problem is the people who seem to have a problem with that, but that group doesn't include you so yeah just trying to clarify >_>

Cheezit

Smash Ace
well back to other things anyone wanna play melee this week ii have been training a fox and it needs work :0 so someone play me I also may be making a trip up to rutgers within the next 2 weeks so i wanna play some RU people while im up there.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
You can do 30-40 damage combos against who? Inui? Come on, does that really prove anything?

Hmm, that'd be a valid point if I didn't combo into a tornado that stays out and keeps hitting you. If you ARE somehow miraculously able to airdodge you'll get hit by it at the end of your airdodge and get stuck in it anyways. This is the part of the reason why Link's uair in melee is gay after you lose your double jump. You can airdodge and you'll still be hit after it.

Scar said:
lv9 cpu are programmed to airdodge out of every hit as soon as Brawl will allow. That's better than any human can. The only point I'm making is about this one aspect of the game, comboing and airdodging out. Therefore lv9 cpus are perfectly legitimate if not ideal for testing this.
lvl9 cpu in melee are programmed to powershield everything and grab Marth's fsmash when facing away from him in melee. How you can even bring them into a serious conversation about anything related to melee except "You can't get good playing level 9 comps" is mindboggling.

Scar

#HarveyDent
lvl9 cpu in melee are programmed to powershield everything and grab Marth's fsmash when facing away from him in melee. How you can even bring them into a serious conversation about anything related to melee except "You can't get good playing level 9 comps" is mindboggling.
You are such a smart kid but you can be so ******** sometimes.

RoyKid

Smash Cadet
This isn't the combo I was thinking of, but I found one. lol its cheap, but its 6 hits: http://blip.tv/file/679861/ @ 3:05
in all fairness I didn't know wtf was going on/which way to di lol

but heres how i look at the last 20 pages of this thread...

blablabla...brawls great...
http://blip.tv/file/679891/
:40-:44

blablabla...brawl sucks...
http://blip.tv/file/679902/
4:02-4:05

truth is....well hell idk what the truth is...

in the brawls great case....yah he couldve airdodged out of that like 50 times...if it was a month from now i prolly wouldnt get away with half that

in the brawl sucks case...I tried like 20 games straight to get a combo into a knee
and failed each time...im sure gotm or chibo can emphasize with me on that point too...

In the end though...I've been trying to stick with brawl...though its kinda hard to do...based on the depth ive seen...or wat there is to see...

all in all...i kinda wanna go play scar and get kneed another 50 times for another combo vid tho lol...kneeing makes me appreciate melee in so many ways...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
in the brawl sucks case...I tried like 20 games straight to get a combo into a knee
and failed each time...im sure gotm or chibo can emphasize with me on that point too...
I can vouch for that lol. He played like 15-20 straight matches of Falcon just trying to land one good knee combo. He got a knee or two, but not combo'd

Scar

#HarveyDent
all in all...i kinda wanna go play scar and get kneed another 50 times for another combo vid tho lol...kneeing makes me appreciate melee in so many ways...
LOL expect to see lots of Scar v Roykid matches online sometime in the future, you **** me a good little bit in a few of them. <3 Melee.

I can vouch for that lol. He played like 15-20 straight matches of Falcon just trying to land one good knee combo. He got a knee or two, but not combo'd
Oh, well now I believe him.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
You know what's awesome?

Cheesecake.

Delicious strawberry cheesecake. It's delicious. And Awesome.

You know what else?

Dragonfruit. Because it's a cactus.

One more?

Me. Obvious reasons.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Oh, well now I believe him.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

but yeah like roykid said, i really wanna like brawl, but i just really cant at this point, its just flat out boring to me. honestly as much as some people say they dont, the people that like brawl from what i can see....all they wanna do is force everyone else to like it. jeez...

also, going by what m2k said the first time i ever played brawl and when he brought up the topic of comboing. to him, what makes a fighting game fun is being able to hit people repeatedly in a row....not hit and run. and the people that agree completely to that have yet to see that with this game. if it happens, let us know, but for now....it FAWKEN sucks

Scar

#HarveyDent
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

but yeah like roykid said, i really wanna like brawl, but i just really cant at this point, its just flat out boring to me. honestly as much as some people say they dont, the people that like brawl from what i can see....all they wanna do is force everyone else to like it. jeez...

also, going by what m2k said the first time i ever played brawl and when he brought up the topic of comboing. to him, what makes a fighting game fun is being able to hit people repeatedly in a row....not hit and run. and the people that agree completely to that have yet to see that with this game. if it happens, let us know, but for now....it FAWKEN sucks
Wow, perfect post IMO, this is exactly how I feel. But I don't want to turn the Tunes thread into a warzone again so I will again say, you guys go have fun! I am happy for you, you Brawl guys, you.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Noooo, more war please. No one uses this thread otherwise anymore anyways.
lol, At first I thought you were asking for "no more war." I figured that was nothing that Eggm would say, and realized that it was simply a lack of punctuation that was the culprit.

Post fixed.

Cia

das kwl
well.. I personally loved the wars. I got to sit and watch a lot of things happen

- scar stepping out of character and repeated throwing in people's face that they are scrubs

- velocity confused about which side he's on (but somehow still very loud)

- plairnkk making visits to a NJ thread just to give his opinion

- and cactuar.. .. .. being cactus-y
--------------------------------------

all in all, it was pretty entertaining

Scar

#HarveyDent
LMAO. That's exactly how I felt. Except I was being asked if I was going to study. And the person I was talking to didn't exist.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
cheesecake is awesome... I cry a little whenever it doesn't have grahmcracker crust tho....its so neccessary!

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
someone from the tunes should come down to vineland witch is south jersey to play smash with me and tensai we are free on weekends n im sure toushi will be hanging wuth us

Shakugan,maybe im a lion

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Or maybe a Jaguar?

Point is I'm still going to play/practice Melee while entering tournies in it but I'll be playing Brawl more since I have alot more to learn compared to how much I know in Melee. Yes, I still think I have alot to learn in Melee too but that amount cannot compare to Brawl imo since I've only played it for like 3 weeks.

It'll just suck to not see certain people enter Brawl tournies for whatever reasons they have that I still haven't come to agreement with. Before I could even wavedash correctly I entered tournies and had to fight M2Ks and Cactuses. I entered for fun without giving a **** about money. My town holds tournies for many fightings games all the time and I enter every single one as long as I have played it before.

Just cause I don't think some game is competitive or I'm not competitive enough in it does not mean I won't enter it's tournament. I have fun playing Brawl, and still have fun playing Melee. The fun I have in these two games greatly suceeds the fun I have in any other fighting games I've ever played. So I will enter both tournies and stick to both games cause they are different enough for me not to take one side.

Top Bottom