• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Official Crew Thread - Legit the best crew in the world.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Lucas you play Soul caliber 3?

Off topic I know, but I don't care.
No. My friend Rigel is the best Cassandra in the country, however. I play Guilty Gear and know people that play other games competitively, and I pay attention to the scenes. I'm familiar with Justin Wong, Sanford, etc.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Inui, Jesus Christ you are so dense! You are missing the goddam point over and over! The point is ABSOLUTELY that in a video game such as Smash, a move as powerful as Ganon's DAIR should not be punishable IF IT HITS!!!!!!!!!!

I understand that there are other ways to hit someone, I wouldn't be at Penn if I couldn't figure that out. I understand all your points, but all you are saying is that there is more to Brawl than this one scenario. But the point I'M making is that this scenario is awful and ultimately STUPID. It is stupid. I have said the phrase "It is stupid" like 80 thousand times so far, and it's still stupid.

Ganon should not be punished for hitting someone with dair.

PERIOD.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Saying you are a competitive fighting game player because you know Justin Wong is like saying you are an active politician because you know who George W. Bush is.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui, Jesus Christ you are so dense! You are missing the goddam point over and over! The point is ABSOLUTELY that in a video game such as Smash, a move as powerful as Ganon's DAIR should not be punishable IF IT HITS!!!!!!!!!!

I understand that there are other ways to hit someone, I wouldn't be at Penn if I couldn't figure that out. I understand all your points, but all you are saying is that there is more to Brawl than this one scenario. But the point I'M making is that this scenario is awful and ultimately STUPID. It is stupid. I have said the phrase "It is stupid" like 80 thousand times so far, and it's still stupid.

Ganon should not be punished for hitting someone with dair.

PERIOD.
No, I'm not missing the point. You feel one way, I feel the other.

Ganondorf is a bad character, as such, he has lots of flaws, and this is one of them. You must work around that flaw.

Bad characters exist in Melee. If you hit someone with Ganon's moves at low % and you miss and l-cancel you can indeed be hit. Same goes for lots of other characters. It can happen. Just play differently in Brawl and don't instantly land or rush down the aerial and you're fine.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Truth@Scar

That's just ****ing stupid.
thx. Also, I'm not arguing that point anymore because the only one I'm arguing with is Inui and he really just doesn't get it. He's not making counterpoints, he's just being himself and not listening and being dense.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
thx. Also, I'm not arguing that point anymore because the only one I'm arguing with is Inui and he really just doesn't get it. He's not making counterpoints, he's just being himself and not listening and being dense.
I'm pretty sure I made counterpoints, but okay.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i bet you the IQ correlation between people opposing sides of the arguments is incredibly weighted as the high IQ's on the melee side.

on one side you have scar, plank, eggm, EL (even though he likes feet and shemales WTF EL), and every other person with half a brain and on the other side u have inui and dmbrandon LOL

dmbrandon

Smash Master
i bet you the IQ correlation between people opposing sides of the arguments is incredibly weighted as the high IQ's on the melee side.

on one side you have scar, plank, eggm, EL (even though he likes feet and shemales WTF EL), and every other person with half a brain and on the other side u have inui and dmbrandon LOL
I usually don't go here: I have a 172 iq. I had a half scholorship to princeton. What colleges think you're important? Yeah plank, let's bring IQs into this.

Maybe you should grow right the **** up.

THIS IS NOT THE SUPER SMASH BROS MELEE WORLD ****ING FORUMS.

Brawl is smash, too kiddies. Don't like it? Tell Mortal Kombat I said Hi.

The FACT is, I don't have to listen to you ignorant kids. YES, I am excited for Brawl because I'm on even ground again. I don't have to spend the next nine months trying to catch up. This time, all you kids who wanna front about how brawl sucks can take your time, and ultimately, catch up to me.

If you don't wanna play, then go to the melee boards and have a good time. I don't come into your threads yelling about how all you can do is techchase and edgehog, do I? Honestly, you're ALL acting like children.

Oh, and I see spamerer didn't agree with you, plank, gonna talk **** on him? No, cause you'll have no back. Inui is a constant target, and as of late, it seems I am too. But you know, planky, I don't see anyone EVER telling me how cool you are. In fact I hear quite the opposite.

As for Scar: I don't know what your problem is. So we don't agree with you... Better get the cross out. I thought you were a pretty cool dude, but to see you explode over nothing, bro... It's a shame.

Now, go ahead, and talk your smack. I'm done responding.

ONTOPIC: The Tunes ****ing rule.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
LOL everyone has an IQ of a genius on the internets

brandon, i don't go into smash brothers in an attempt to make friends - in fact - most of the community i dislike with a passion. The few smashers i have respect for share the same respect for me and so you, obviously, are not one of those people i respect. Go crawl back into your little "one month ahead" brawl shell, because while taking every possible leap you could to get a headstart on brawl, you're still going to fall behind almost immediately, and you can quote me on that.

you think you're so high and mighty because you got brawl early, and you go prancing about as if you're this god of brawl. You can beat random public scrubs online, congratulations. I bet you feel big.

Nobody cares about you and how you've played so much brawl and blah blah blah. You're an idiot. Everyone hates you. When i made the first post dissing you, i immediately got 8 IM's thanking me for posting it.

Seriously, everyone was much happier while you were in seclusion - but since you're too stupid to realize that - I guess we'll wait another few months until everyone else plays brawl and your initial (apparenty waste of time) advantage is gone.

Oh and also stop bringing up other games, nobody cares that you're good at (insert random fighting game here).

Go ahead, ride your little magic carpet for a little bit longer and milk the most spotlight you've ever had in a videogame community because you spent an extra hundred dollars to get a japanese import of a game.

Good job DMbrandon, it must rock to be you.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Oh, wow. I'm only like what..uhhh..124 I think.

It might be higher since last time I checked.

Anyway...uhhhh..yeah. Scar is too cool.

TSA WINS BTICHES!!!!

dmbrandon

Smash Master
LOL Everyone has an IQ of a genius on the internets.

Brandon, I don't go into Smash Brothers (websites/forums) in an attempt to make friends - in fact, most of the community I dislike with a passion. The few smashers I have respect for share the same respect for me. You, obviously, are not one of those people that Ii respect. Go crawl back into your little "one month ahead" Brawl shell, because while taking every possible leap you could to get a head start on brawl, you're still going to fall behind almost immediately, and you can quote me on that.

You think you're so high and mighty because you got Brawl early, and you go prancing about as if you're this god. You can beat random public scrubs online, congratulations. I bet you feel big.

Nobody cares about you and how you've played so much Brawl, blah blah blah. You're an idiot. Everyone hates you. When I made the first post dissing you, I immediately got 8 IMs thanking me for posting it.

Seriously, everyone was much happier while you were in seclusion, but since you're too stupid to realize that, I guess we'll wait another few months until everyone else plays brawl and your initial (waste of time) advantage is gone.

Oh and also stop bringing up other games, nobody cares that you're good at (insert random fighting game here).

Go ahead, ride your little magic carpet for a little bit longer and milk the most spotlight you've ever had in a video game community because you spent an extra hundred dollars to get a Japanese import of a game.

Good job DMbrandon, it must rock to be you.
Fixed.

Aaaaannnnyyyyway, <3 plank. Why are you getting all worked up? You're like a little badger! If you have a problem with me, come deal with me. Talking smack here only shows you crave attention, and now, I've called you out on it. You can email me, PM me, talk to me on aim, hell, I'm awake, give me a call. Your entire post has become insults, and frankly, I've grown weary of children's arguments. If you can't handle a debate, perhaps you should choose another medium to express opinions?

Don't get mad at me for whatever you're feeling.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
At least when Scar was posting it was an actual debate for the most part. Now it's just Plank being a kid. Meh.

Brawl's going to tear apart the community. You know what? If it removes people like Plank, I couldn't care less.

I'm certainly sticking around, and I like the new people that entered the scene, specifically Montage.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Yeah, Brawl will definitely split the community.

Melee will go down the path that other fighters are on now.

No more 30 to 40 head count at local tournies.

Melee tournies will be lucky to get 15 on the local level.

We may have to start throwing other fighters at melee tournies to draw in more people.

I don't think Brawl can run side by side with another game. It takes too **** long.

Which will also be a cause for a rift in the community if both smash games are unable to be played together in tournies.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Wow, can some of the people calling Brawl crap go to a **** Brawl tourney first after playing for a ****ing while!??!

People who claim you can't combo in Brawl don't know what they are talking about. Listen to Spam. You can combo in Brawl so saying you can't is cause people are obviously trying out Melee combos in Brawl and they aren't working.

MELEE COMBOS DO NOT WORK IN BRAWL

and also...

MELEE COMBOS DO NOT WORK IN BRAWL

you know what combos work in Brawl....guess what?!....

BRAWL COMBOS WORK IN BRAWL.

and you know what other combos from other games work in Br...wait...no...only

BRAWL COMBOS WORK IN BRAWL DAMMIT!!!!

Where's M2K, I heard he played the game alot and I know he could easily figure out combos alot faster than most of us here so I'm sure he found some great ones already. I can easily combo with half the characters in the game by now. Having to figure out combos makes the game harder. Obvisouly we also had to figure out combos in Melee but they were easier to figure out. Notice the bold word there.

The game is obviously decently competitive if at tourney DA took top 2 with top NJ smashers taking the rest. Yes, Dmbrandon and his unknown friend "Space" took 3rd in teams but that's cause they had the game early and learned **** before the rest of us. Inui and Spam did great cause I let them borrow my Wii overnight to learn stuff which include combos. Noobs who had the game were ***** cause they didn't know how to combo, space, think.

I swear half the people argueing won't be anymore after they just play the game ALOT MORE. I hated this **** in the beggining and barely wanted to play it, same as with Melee, but after learning stuff, watching DA play, other NJ smashers play, I went home, tried **** and found out stuff can work. I don't half to bair with Falco anymore. I can d-throw chaingrab 3 times into f-throw dair off stage!! People just need to play the game at least 1/10 of the time they've played Melee to actually be able to critique.

Yes, I curse alot. It's not that I'm angry, it's just I feel most people siding on Brawl aren't saying what's needed.

Scar

#HarveyDent
As for Scar: I don't know what your problem is. So we don't agree with you... Better get the cross out. I thought you were a pretty cool dude, but to see you explode over nothing, bro... It's a shame.
I do just want to point out that while I did waste a good 5 or 6 hours arguing last night (which was pretty nice, I haven't had a good debate in a long time) I only had one very small problem which wasn't really even a problem.

And I mean if you wanna call having intelligent debate "exploding over nothing" then that's all good, but I would like to remind you that everyone agreed with me besides DM/Inui. They were all like "Yo Scar, your points were *****in'."

Scar

#HarveyDent
BRAWL COMBOS WORK IN BRAWL.

and you know what other combos from other games work in Br...wait...no...only

BRAWL COMBOS WORK IN BRAWL DAMMIT!!!!

Where's M2K, I heard he played the game alot and I know he could easily figure out combos alot faster than most of us here so I'm sure he found some great ones already. I can easily combo with half the characters in the game by now. Having to figure out combos makes the game harder. Obvisouly we also had to figure out combos in Melee but they were easier to figure out. Notice the bold word there.
... umm... sure... but there are only like 6 Brawl combos. Total. M2K figured out a few awesome combos only to realize very shortly after that they don't work and can be airdodged out of. Whatever combos you THINK you're doing, I promise you if you play vs someone who sits there and mashes L, you won't be able to pull off.

This is why no one said "There are lots of combos in Brawl." You figure someone would have argued the point that I'm just plain wrong by now if I were, right?

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Double post!!! I'm calling a mod. >_>!

The airdodge thing forces you to read your opponent more, instead of going Uair Uair Uair KNEEEEEEEE.

When I know my combo can be airdodgded, I'll wait a half second, and then combo more once they've become vulnerable again.

Edit: I fear tec0's Yachiru avatar may be cuter than my flowerrrrr!!! @_@;;;

Scar

#HarveyDent
The airdodge thing forces you to read your opponent more, instead of going Uair Uair Uair KNEEEEEEEE.

When I know my combo can be airdodgded, I'll wait a half second, and then combo more once they've become vulnerable again.
Yeah no I know, and that's all fine and good, but I'd rather not have to think more because honestly nair>knee>knee is why I play Smash. I work hard enough to get a clean uair off on worthwhile opponents, and once I do I want to combo from there.

Brawl allows for its own metagame, and that's awesome, I just think it's a stupid one.

Keitaro

I like chinese food.

Besides that. I'll test that theory out today. To tell you the truth, some combos that have been learned are so new that ways to get out of them have not been completely figured out so I'll see what I can disfigure while playing today.

Melee is definitely alot more competitive than Brawl at the moment but that's due to it's 7 plus years of competitive play. We'll eventually see where Brawl goes but I also doubt it can reach Melee's level. Stages, characters etc suck me in more than Melee though.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Besides that. I'll test that theory out today. To tell you the truth, some combos that have been learned are so new that ways to get out of them have not been completely figured out so I'll see what I can disfigure while playing today.
Yeah, if someone hits you just mash airdodge and you'll get out of the next hit since they will try to combo since whatever move they do should combo. Unless it's Ganon trying to dair you, then you may as well let him and hit him afterwards.

Keitaro

@ Woz: Yes, I love ordering chicken fried rice with an order of chicken wings to look extremely steriotypical or however its spelled.

@ Scar: I'm guessing that's for combos in the air or are you saying that if Falco dash kicks then tries an u-tilt or jab that it can be air dodged even at low percents?

Scar

#HarveyDent
@ Scar: I'm guessing that's for combos in the air or are you saying that if Falco dash kicks then tries an u-tilt or jab that it can be air dodged even at low percents?
I can't imagine you can't jump out of a dash attack>utilt at any percent. But yeah, give it a shot, see to what extent things can be airdodged out of. I daresay that will become the metagame, may as well get ahead of it.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Lol, keep it coming people, btw keitaro i went to a brawl tournament you were there, and i was very bored. I also watched the "highly competitive" brawl winners finals in teams, and it was boring and i saw nothing that made me want to get really good. I've had this game for Over a week and have played a total of maybe 1 hour alone. Its really boring.

The only time its fun is with my friends, cause i'm with my friends lol. I left to go play with them instead of sticking around at the brawl tournament.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Lol, keep it coming people, btw keitaro i went to a brawl tournament you were there, and i was very bored. I also watched the "highly competitive" brawl winners finals in teams, and it was boring and i saw nothing that made me want to get really good. I've had this game for Over a week and have played a total of maybe 1 hour alone. Its really boring.
I agree. I guess Brawl just isn't for everyone, at least not at this stage of the game. I don't see why others have a problem with that.

Keitaro

The only time its fun is with my friends, cause i'm with my friends lol. I left to go play with them instead of sticking around at the brawl tournament.
I play for 1 to 3 hours a night with around 3 hours every other day. Back when I first got it I didn't play it alone at all but after learning some things I've been playing multiple hours a day with or without my brother. He has a pretty fast Ike, he'll come to tourney with me one day.

I just believe you aren't into it yet and that's what I feel causes the game to be boring. Not knowing what the hell I'm doing feels like crap so that's why I played for hours at night till I learned more things which made the game a great amount more fun to me.

If you came to Rutgers tonight Eggm I'll Sonic you into liking the game :p

Scar

#HarveyDent
I just believe you aren't into it yet and that's what I feel causes the game to be boring.
lol That's the wrong way around, pal, unless you're arguing that he's not into it because it's boring, and it's boring because he's not into it. Which is just a silly argument.

He thinks the game is boring and is therefore not into it. If he decides the game isn't boring, he'll get more into it. Note that I am not speaking for Eggm so much as I am speaking for myself.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I agree. I guess Brawl just isn't for everyone, at least not at this stage of the game. I don't see why others have a problem with that.
Well Inui and brandon are just uh odd I guess you could say.

It was just annoying how you kind of just kept bashing the game though I guess but whatever it doesn't matter because its not for everyone so shrug.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Brawl is fun.....The stages are sexy, new chars are cool, and teams is BEAST! But come on now.....the whole reason we have been waiting for brawl and are so nervous about brawl is because of how GREAT melee is! All this stuff about thinking so much more in brawl is being taken the wrong way. To break it down literally..In melee a falcon player thinks im gunna dash dance then knee, this might take 2-3 seconds. So thats 2-3 seconds of thinking...rite? In brawl said falcon player repeats this same action with the same thought process and he will be thinking 3 times as much:). More thinking sounds sexy but umm its not what u THINK it means. A great melee match consist of two smart players taking advantage of known situations, blocking off the best options for the opponent, and constantly trying to keep yourself in an advantageous position. If this isn't a high level of thinking umm Im sorry but you are crazy. Brawl just takes away sooo much of what you could do, and its quite saddening. People say o brawl is a new game..umm duh! But tekken 2 was like tekken 1 and tekken 3 was like tekken 2. I mean games change yes but why go backwards? And any person who can unbias themselves for a second can see that yes brawl has taken smash backwards as far as singles go.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i can't stop watching woz's new signature!

and the brawl argument is stupid, everyone should just play what makes them happy =) - i'm not sure this is the place to debate its competitive merits, nor is it really the time (i believe it'll take a LOOONG time before the community as a whole can truly determine if it's tournament viable, not a few hours for an individual person -_-)

Keitaro

Truth @ Ryan K.

No offense to Eggm but it seems like the game with have to be Melee with Sonic and Snake to make him smile :D

What I was trying to say is that not knowing how to play the game causes it to be boring. This happened to me in Melee, Smash 64, and Brawl. He's only played it 1 hour by himself. After 1 hour playing myself I turned off the game and didn't play it until I met up with Rutgers people days later. After that smashfest and then the tourney I started to like the game more and have been playing it alot.

Top Bottom