• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Official Crew Thread - Legit the best crew in the world.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Lol, I love the repsonse, ^_^ I think that should cover many people Cheezit, xD.

As I now go back to work, expect a bit of information on my tournament in the next few days. I may not have a venue yet, but I want to at least get it hyped up. Letting people know what's coming, and getting the whole thing pre-set for the setups coming and what not. Keep yout eyes peeled. The Tunes and scar have Priority.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I honestly feel myself thinking a lot more in melee, because of the advanced movement, tech chasing, and well everything I end up thinking a lot more, and i'm much more immersed.
Some characters have crawling and other characters have gliding. It's not wavedashing but it's still opens new options up. You can still techchase with some characters, it's just harder. Besides, why does techchasing matter when you can do the laser infinite? :laugh:.

You have to space and be patient even more so in melee, cause one hit is much more devastating as there are actual combos
Meta Knight has 30 damage combos at least and even when his combos end he can fly out and safely chase you to try to hit you again.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I don't know about that, Scar.

Brawl takes way more actual thought. Sure, it has less technical stuff by a lot at this current time, but it now forces you to think more, be more patient, and space better. You can no longer knee someone's shield into a jab and then just be safe no matter what. You can't grab someone and combo them to death easily. You have to wait for clearer openings and space stuff, and you have to mindgame the opponent into killing moves almost all of the time.
LOL Melee is not that easy at all. If Brawl takes more thought, it's because you don't have to think about all the technical stuff all the time, the hard part was completely removed. In Melee, TOP TOP TOP level players played like everyone plays Brawl. They had all the tech stuff down, and the characters did exactly what they wanted, so they thought about strategy and mindgames, as opposed to high level Melee play where people with amazing tech skill run around the slower players.

Really, it's starting to seem like you're a blossoming Melee player that's frustrated about Brawl being released and you're angry over Melee's impending doom because of it.
This is completely true. I am frustrated that a better game is going to be overtaken by a clearly worse game. I haven't had enough time with Melee at all. And I am WAY pissed at people saying that Brawl is anywhere near as deep as Melee was, at this point in time or in the future with any sort of certainty.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
This is ******** the game has hardly been out.

While I don't agree with Brawl sucking or whatever I don't see why anyone has to justify having fun. If enough people like melee anyway then they can have melee tournies while brawl is out like how street fighter 2 and 3rd strike are both at evo.

While I personally like brawl better I can see where scar is coming from for sure, as yes Melee did end abruptly considering japanese brawl coming out shouldn't affect the melee community as much as it has lol.

Scar

#HarveyDent
While I don't agree with Brawl sucking or whatever I don't see why anyone has to justify having fun.
Brawl is fun. I want everyone to know that I support Brawl as a fun game.

Also, as a side note, I hate fun. I HATE Mario Party 1-8. And I think that Smash Brothers Brawl is the best Mario Party game ever released.

Alukard

Smash Hero
omg ... i love this ****ing thread ... and i love scar ... its sooo true ... brawl does not take more skill when ur saying u have to wait for ur attack ... u can say patience but thats about it ... cuz in melee everything is happening soo fast ... especially if u have a super fast player swarming ur shield if spaced attacks u have to think quick and effectively or else ur sheild is gone and mayb ur stock ...

i dunno i played brawl at a friends house yesterday and ... i think its too fuggin slo ... its like ... sooo different ... i dunno about anyone else .. but i loved melee for having such a difference between other games ... reaction time with teching and waves landing for speed and wave dashing and jump cancel grabs and such ... now it feels like a street fighter game with platforms and a different way to kill ur opponent ... keeping them away ....

o and don't get me started on how STUPID auto sweet spot is ....

i TRIED to save a friend and ran off the stage and my character grabbed the ledge with his *** .... like WTF .... LAME!!!

Cheezit

Smash Ace
so i think we should sit back and play a little mario party 8 :) or some melee will do cause im craving some melee

Alukard

Smash Hero
also eggm me and jman want to team for ur bi weeklies ... but we need a ride if thats alright with u >.>

Cia

das kwl
there's a bi-weekly comin up??

and tech-chase rests in brawl are sooo fun to do.. but tech-chase rests in melee are just ego crushing..

Cia

das kwl
there's a bi-weekly comin up??

and tech-chase rests in brawl are sooo fun to do.. but tech-chase rests in melee are just ego crushing..

Alukard

Smash Hero
eveyrthing in brawl = fun ... and everything resulting in death in melee is ego crushing lmfaooo

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Lol, Brawl is fun, for sure. Can't we all just get along? I mean....all this arguing is scaring the children......okay who am I kidding? lol. Anyway, let's end this at: Brawl is fun, and Melee isn't dead yet. Then we'll have fun. Everyone just wants to play Brawl to explore it. It's like a fad of sorts. Melee isn't dead, it's just that with all the delays in Brawl, it's gotten everyone anxious to see WHAT it is. With all the mixed reviews, everyone wants to play it for themselves. Also, everyone wants to be known as the first "Best in Brawl". Let them have it, I say. It's no fun being at the top. I like crawling from the bottom and making it there when people just don't care about who you are.

Alukard

Smash Hero
dam ... u definitely made an awesome point rain ... and i agree with ur crawling from the bottom ... i think its stupid for people to like ... wanna b the best b4 the game isn't even english lmfaooo

i didnt' kno there was a bi weekly ... i was just asking if there is ... cuz its BI weekly ... so i was asking if it is coming up would i b able to go lol

dmbrandon

Smash Master
DM every time you defend Brawl I'm going to say the exact same thing. Brawl is a much more shallow game but your mind is trying to convince you that it isn't just because you're so thrilled that you don't suck anymore.

MELEE >>> BRAWL PERIOD. That isn't to say that Brawl won't take over, that isn't to say that the game isn't fun, HELL it isn't even me saying that it's a bad game or not competitive or any of that. It's just that Melee was infinitely better in terms of a competitive game, and that's entirely factual. NOT a matter of opinion.
I didn't suck in melee when I wanted to play. Just because you're part of TSA, and you made a video doesn't give you the right to smack talk people. I don't see you winning any tournaments. I would be hardpressed to say you've made more money in melee than I have. Regardless, I don't care which is better. I'm good at Super Turbo, but I like Third Strike better. Am I gonna argue about which is better? NO.

Entirely factual? Scar, if you're gonna make a point, and it's going to be towards people from around here, do your best to not sound like a jerk. I don't need you shoving your opinions down my throat. Especially if those opinions are said to try and hurt mah feelins. (Also, before we get on the topic, I don't care about your god, either.)

The fact is, Brawl plays more like a traditional fighting game. More thinking and poking, as opposed to just trying to kill in one combo. It's more my speed. Not to say I couldn't keep up, cause I could, I just prefer Brawl, as of now. Ask anyone, I've always been a teams person, I just find it more fun. And Brawl teams is the ****! So many team combos, and areas for setups. It's so much fun I could puke!

You should have seen how upset I was when GGI sucked ***.

Overall, people have different tastes. I've been gaming since before I understood what I was doing, and over the years it's paid off. When it comes down to it, the traditional, for me, will always feel better.

I was zero to death chain grabbed by a dedede..

that makes brawl awesome
Tell that to DA. XD!!!!!!!!

This is ******** the game has hardly been out.

While I don't agree with Brawl sucking or whatever I don't see why anyone has to justify having fun. If enough people like melee anyway then they can have melee tournies while brawl is out like how street fighter 2 and 3rd strike are both at evo.
Signed. Hey look, SuperRyan!! We agree!!

Woooo theres a biweekly coming up why wasn't i informed ?!?!??! :psycho: :psycho:

who runs the biweeklys?
I want in. /invites.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
actually im gonna talk to the owner tomorrow see if i can get one going within the next 2 weeks. Lol but it will most likely be melee since i have no brawl setups i mean people can bring it for fun but it will probably more melee

Scar

#HarveyDent
I didn't suck in melee when I wanted to play. Just because you're part of TSA, and you made a video doesn't give you the right to smack talk people.
The "you don't suck anymore" thing goes out to all the people with the wrong attitude about Melee, which I personally believe is roughly a quarter of the competitive community. In my very own opinion I have the correct attitude and it has nothing to do with which crew I'm in nor the video that I made, which is just a piece of entertainment anyways. I smack talked even when I was awful @ Melee if I thought I was right.

Entirely factual? Scar, if you're gonna make a point, and it's going to be towards people from around here, do your best to not sound like a jerk.
Well it is entirely factual, isn't it? I'm only a jerk when I hear the same crap over and over. Point to be re-made after next quote.

The fact is, Brawl plays more like a traditional fighting game. More thinking and poking, as opposed to just trying to kill in one combo. It's more my speed.
Yes and that's fine, but there are BILLIONS of traditional fighting games. The Smash series is ONE OF A KIND!! No other game plays like Smash: ring outs only, getting hit a lot doesn't equal death. Brawl does not add up to Smash standards.

Poking is a legit strat in Melee, hell it's Velocity's style, you don't see him pulling off the combos that Boss does but Velocity is clearly the better player (debatably the best Doc in the world). But at least you have the OPTION to be a combo-oriented player. But first you need to get good enough at the game to have your own style, your own strategy.

And yes, it's early, the game hasn't even come out yet. But the direction in which Brawl SEEMS TO BE GOING is without combos, lots more camping, lots of gayer strategies, and most unfortunately much easier to pick up.

My final point, and the only one that I'm really trying to make, is that there WILL BE a smaller divide between the good and the bad in Super Smash Brothers: Brawl. In Melee, better players win 90% of the time. In Brawl, it has become quite clear that better players will deservedly win with much less frequency. Certain people MAY dominate, but I can nearly guarantee that everyone will be closer together. We'll see when it comes time to power rank.

NOTE THAT THIS OPINION ALONE, if true, by definition then yields Melee to be a more competitive game than Brawl.

LOL @ the thought of an FC grand finals match ending with say M2K's Marth TRIPPING and getting FSmashed for the kill.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
The "you don't suck anymore" thing goes out to all the people with the wrong attitude about Melee, which I personally believe is roughly a quarter of the competitive community. In my very own opinion I have the correct attitude and it has nothing to do with which crew I'm in nor the video that I made, which is just a piece of entertainment anyways. I smack talked even when I was awful @ Melee if I thought I was right.

Well it is entirely factual, isn't it? I'm only a jerk when I hear the same crap over and over. Point to be re-made after next quote.

Yes and that's fine, but there are BILLIONS of traditional fighting games. The Smash series is ONE OF A KIND!! No other game plays like Smash: ring outs only, getting hit a lot doesn't equal death. Brawl does not add up to Smash standards.

Poking is a legit strat in Melee, hell it's Velocity's style, you don't see him pulling off the combos that Boss does but Velocity is clearly the better player (debatably the best Doc in the world). But at least you have the OPTION to be a combo-oriented player. But first you need to get good enough at the game to have your own style, your own strategy.

And yes, it's early, the game hasn't even come out yet. But the direction in which Brawl SEEMS TO BE GOING is without combos, lots more camping, lots of gayer strategies, and most unfortunately much easier to pick up.

My final point, and the only one that I'm really trying to make, is that there WILL BE a smaller divide between the good and the bad in Super Smash Brothers: Brawl. In Melee, better players win 90% of the time. In Brawl, it has become quite clear that better players will deservedly win with much less frequency. Certain people MAY dominate, but I can nearly guarantee that everyone will be closer together. We'll see when it comes time to power rank.

NOTE THAT THIS OPINION ALONE, if true, by definition then yields Melee to be a more competitive game than Brawl.

LOL @ the thought of an FC grand finals match ending with say M2K's Marth TRIPPING and getting FSmashed for the kill.
GAME SET!!

scar just like JV 10 stock u there LOL

melee over brawl anyday

brawl just going to be a camp fest like third strike :(

and im watching I Killed Mufasa right now GET AT ME!!

that combo vid makes my fox and shiek better!!

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Silence peons. I am Captain Star Falco, Saviour of the Universe. I am a TRUE hero, the likes of which has never seen before. Heinous villains like Sheik and Marth crumple beneath my feet. My blaster makes a sound, which is the very essence of heroism, but to the likes of you peons it goes "pew". I rescue my worthless wingmate Fox in Star Fox Adventures because he sucks. My tail is really a sword that goes "swish" when I swing it. I wear some nice boots that spin like poetry in motion when I spike villains into oblivion. I rush in to the battle with no hesitation, fighting for honor and JUSTICE! My combos are beautiful and can go on for infinite periods of time. My heroism has made me hated by villains such as Inui. You have a choice before you, will you side with the disciples of the devil, or will you side with me? Always remember, you can't stop a TRUE hero!

My archive of awesomeness
My theme song: http://youtube.com/watch?v=tZJnjmO_llo
Falco ****: http://youtube.com/watch?v=LU4cb5dL6HM
Shades of Falco: http://youtube.com/watch?v=7vHxXE6VmJE
Laser beams: http://youtube.com/watch?v=IUa53ZPMS50
Infinite lasers: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3UTpaKhElhk
My disciple giving instructions on how to get girls: http://youtube.com/watch?v=93kbgcUF1bE
Star Falco: http://youtube.com/watch?v=K4YO8qzkm04

Alukard

Smash Hero
Silence peons. I am Captain Star Falco, Saviour of the Universe. I am a TRUE hero, the likes of which has never seen before. Heinous villains like Sheik and Marth crumple beneath my feet. My blaster makes a sound, which is the very essence of heroism, but to the likes of you peons it goes "pew". I rescue my worthless wingmate Fox in Star Fox Adventures because he sucks. My tail is really a sword that goes "swish" when I swing it. I wear some nice boots that spin like poetry in motion when I spike villains into oblivion. I rush in to the battle with no hesitation, fighting for honor and JUSTICE! My combos are beautiful and can go on for infinite periods of time. My heroism has made me hated by villains such as Inui. You have a choice before you, will you side with the disciples of the devil, or will you side with me? Always remember, you can't stop a TRUE hero![/url]
o man ... that was hilarious ... but seriously ... scar its tru brawls definitely is a more pick up and play game now ... i feel like every fuggin other fighting game now .... melee was good cuz it was different ... like cmon now it is just like a old fighter ... thats not why people enjoyed melee

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Velocity is clearly the better player (debatably the best Doc in the world).
Sorry but I can't threestock the best Doc in the world in tourny. That's what happened to Velocity last time I played his Doc in tourny at SPOC3. Nothing against him, and I root for him because he's in my region and a chill dude, but come on. Don't be so biased.

I got threestocked by the best Doc in the world, and it was Bob Money. :)

Anyways, ever since I started taking Guilty Gear seriously, I can see what Brandon's saying and I agree with him. Brawl ftw.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Sorry but I can't threestock the best Doc in the world in tourny. That's what happened to Velocity last time I played his Doc in tourny at SPOC3. Nothing against him, and I root for him because he's in my region and a chill dude, but come on. Don't be so biased.

Anyways, ever since I started taking Guilty Gear seriously, I can see what Brandon's saying and I agree with him. Brawl ftw.
velocity was playing like total doodoo vs u

but i would have to say the best doc in the world is me

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yes, I completely forgot, your own personal win/loss record and margin of victory/loss is the barometer for all objective skill comparison. Inui logic in all its glory displayed here. Velocity is on the same level as Bob Money and I don't know anyone on their level with Doc, so yes I stand by my statement that he is debatably the best Doc.

And if not my point still stands you jerk, not comboing is a legit strat since Velocity is okay at smash. lol @ missing the point.

EDIT: SCAR'S EPIC POST 1,234!!! EVERYONE MARVEL AT ITS BEAUTIFUL AND FLAWLESS LOGIC AND PRESENTATION!

Also Eggm put my name in red or that light blue that everyone else has. <3

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yes, I completely forgot, your own personal win/loss record and margin of victory/loss is the barometer for all objective skill comparison. Inui logic in all its glory displayed here. Velocity is on the same level as Bob Money and I don't know anyone on their level with Doc, so yes I stand by my statement that he is debatably the best Doc.

And if not my point still stands you jerk, not comboing is a legit strat since Velocity is okay at smash. lol @ missing the point.

lol, if you say so. A gap of 6 stocks is pretty massive regardless, especially if you're going to consider them on the same level. I'm quite certain Bob Money outplaced Velocity at VLS and has a longer list of good tournament accomplishments. But hey, let's be biased for our region like crazy and ignore that, and just say "INUI LOGIC SUCKS!" to cover up those facts.

Yes, not comboing is fine. Never disagreed with that. So, what's the big deal with Brawl?

Eggm

Smash Hero
You do realize, that at VLS, I 3 stocked bob$'s doc, and it felt effortless? I also made him switch to fox next match since he obviously lost all faith in his character(Then 3 stocked his fox 2-0). I've never beaten velocity that badly, that he felt the need to switch his characters lol. Me basing it off this alone is just as bad as basing it off what you were inui, but this is just an example of why not to judge it based off your own personal expereince. And anyways in my experiences, Velocity is by far the hardest doc i've ever fought, and the best i've seen. I played hayatos in a couple of friendlies at pound 3, and they were 3 stocks as well.. and i know his is suppose to be pretty good. M2k before you post your doc doesn't count as its you being good and not your doc being good. :) This is just one random sucky players opinion from NJ. ;)

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yes, not comboing is fine. Never disagreed with that. So, what's the big deal with Brawl?
Wow, have you read anything I've said? Not comboing is fine in Melee but other players, such as Boss, have a playstyle where long, cool, awesome combos occur once every match. Brawl moves have no hitstun and too much knockback for most combos that probably should happen to work. In short, I have seen it to be nearly impossible to legitimately combo in Brawl.

Which means that you don't get to choose between playstyles as we can clearly see when comparing Velocity and Boss, instead Brawl = you must poke and camp and smash and get single hits until you can get a killmove.

Which is limiting.

Which is bad.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
hey

dmbrandon

when everyone else gets brawl and ur back to being a nobody again (not trying to say you're a somebody now, don't flatter yourself) are you going to fall back into obscurity or keep posting?

Eggm

Smash Hero
We don't need a thread. :(

However, put my link up there. ;)
hey

dmbrandon

when everyone else gets brawl and ur back to being a nobody again (not trying to say you're a somebody now, don't flatter yourself) are you going to fall back into obscurity or keep posting?
O M F G, thats sooo mean, but that is too funny i'm sorry. Bass this is why this thread was made. L O L.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Wow, have you read anything I've said? Not comboing is fine in Melee but other players, such as Boss, have a playstyle where long, cool, awesome combos occur once every match. Brawl moves have no hitstun and too much knockback for most combos that probably should happen to work. In short, I have seen it to be nearly impossible to legitimately combo in Brawl.

Which means that you don't get to choose between playstyles as we can clearly see when comparing Velocity and Boss, instead Brawl = you must poke and camp and smash and get single hits until you can get a killmove.

Which is limiting.

Which is bad.
I'm fairly certain that if I can discover how to do good combos with Meta Knight in one night that other characters can combo.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I'm fairly certain that if I can discover how to do good combos with Meta Knight in one night that other characters can combo.
Well wtf, Spam? Why should you have to DISCOVER how to combo??? Combos are an ESSENTIAL part of fun in Smash! Just ask Reik. They should be immediately apparent.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Scar ***** this thread. Vanz loves anything that involves cheap deaths. Eggm disproved inuis logic. Falco is a true hero. Plank likes to flame. Velocity is the best doc cuz m2k doesnt count. Brawls gameplay is intentionally limiting. Electronics hw is hard *back to hw*

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Scar, we had to discover combos in Melee and any other fighter, too. They don't just appear to us in dreams and then suddenly work when we just start playing the game.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Scar, we had to discover combos in Melee and any other fighter, too. They don't just appear to us in dreams and then suddenly work when we just start playing the game.
Yes, it was extremely difficult to figure out "FAIR TO FAIR" with Marth and "UAIR TO UAIR" with Falcon and "ANYTHING TO ANYTHING" with Sheik, pal. These are simple things that link. Nothing links in Brawl. This isn't rocket science.

It is immediately apparent that things don't work that should.

Top Bottom