• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Official Crew Thread - Legit the best crew in the world.

JFox

Smash Hero
And admit that Falcon is so manly that he only loves his manly self, making him a gay.

Actually all I really need to hear from you are the words "Falcon is gay"

You're a looney...

Cia

das kwl
I ***** In Brawl Today

ok so we had 4 set ups of brawl at the weekly today (so many people have brawl in NY already!!) and there was a free brawl doubles tournament. I teamed w/ jman and it was our first time playing.

so we played this team of experienced players first round and we beat them with jman = sheik and my zelda / peach

round 2 = we lost to D1 and fab, but it frequently came down to me doing 1 v 2 match up and I *****!! and everyone was complimenting me for adapting so quickly and stuff (I was kinda happy :D)

than I money matched leo and his DeDeDe ****ing *****!! it was ridiculously scary and he air combos soooo well. the incredibly good news is that I counter picked him with brinstar and 2 stocked him ^_^, the bad news is he countered me with so really flat and wide stage and CG'd the hell out of me until I died.. I got 3 stocked!!

aside from that stage, I love brawl and I'm gonna be going to bum's house frequently to get pro'd up. so far, I can play peach, zelda, sheik, pkmn trainer (ivysaur, charizard), jigglypuff, and DeDeDe
-----------------------------------------

this has been another VaNz update

(NYC)Fab

Smash Journeyman
Good games vanz you held it down. I only played the game 4 times but I'm adapting and learning my character well Lucas of america ftw!(lol jk).

Cia

das kwl
Good games vanz you held it down. I only played the game 4 times but I'm adapting and learning my character well Lucas of america ftw!(lol jk).
good games indeed. I'm gonna start training w/ bum so I can catch up to you and D1. your lucas was incredibly impressive and often hard to approach at times. btw, it definitely says you live in the bronx so if you ever wanna train, just him me up aim (rhyming for the LOSS!!)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
where was all this brawl practice? vanz, we should MM after our lil matchup at pound, iv been practicing as well lol

Cia

das kwl
chibo - they had brawl at the weeklies in nyc (4 setups!!) and I got to play and I found out I'm not so bad :D. we can do our money match probably at SPOC V.. $2.00??

Sensei

Smash Lord
So like, I hear the Tunes have pretty good pizza in the neighborhood. The next time you guys get some, the humble Sensei would like try this legendary pizza.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Its actually not a legend anymore.

Eggm and I have agreed that it stands next to Zeus and commands things....

Man do I want some legendary pizza :(.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Im gonna gimp 2090329803804 falcos to feel better now ;)

JFox

Smash Hero
So like, I hear the Tunes have pretty good pizza in the neighborhood. The next time you guys get some, the humble Sensei would like try this legendary pizza.
I'm guessing that pizza craving has nothing to do with The Tunes (eggm) having brawl now... :)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Brawl is really good. Stop being em0 about it because you can't just shoot lasers, reletentlessly attack someone's shield, and gimp people.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah, all the newbies love brawl cause it stripped all the talented things out of the game

inui=point and case

^^

Inui

Banned via Warnings
It stripped old technical stuff, but now there's new stuff.

Not being able to attack someone relentlessly = awesome. Now you have to THINK. Oh, dear God, I must think and not just shoot lasers and press d-air to shine on someone's shield until they die? I can't just chaingrab someone to win? Oh my.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
they took out everything technical as well as doing anything they could to make the game easier and keep people around the same level.

to hurt aerial movement they took out wding and dash dancing, to hurt air movement they made everyone floaty and recovered quicker, also ****** basically all combos.

to make recovering easier and edgeguarding useless they made everyone able to jsut float back to the stage and made auto sweetspotting, and you can now catch the ledge from anywhere.

all they did was make the game easier and make it appeal to the masses. Movement is limited so now just sitting there spacing aerials and spamming will reign supreme since movement sucks. The approacher will always lose.

the game is still fun because it's smash, but unless some gamebreaking **** happens regarding movement, the game is just going to be a boring campfest.

Bottom line is, chances of it being as good as melee are extremely slim.

Melee certainly has problems, just looks like brawl is going to have way more and be extremely boring competitively

p.s: if you were anygood at melee, you wouldn't lose to someone who just chaingrabbed or down air shined.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
theres a place that makes a mean bacon pizza out here...

well said plank.

Next time I order pizza ima ask if they have garlic, or maybe I should just await the day that I can get "the" garlic pizza from neptune.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
they took out everything technical as well as doing anything they could to make the game easier and keep people around the same level.

to hurt aerial movement they took out wding and dash dancing, to hurt air movement they made everyone floaty and recovered quicker, also ****** basically all combo.
I'm not reading WoT plank, but dashdancing is in. I use it constantly, and just because you can't tech chase, doesn't mean it's not useful.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
WOT? yeah i've played the game a decent bit because azen has it, and hes absolutely awesome (shocking) however, dashdancing is basically useless because everyone has to DD so short and stupidly or else you'll just tip.

and techchasing? techchasing isnt really that important of a part of the game since everyone is so floaty that people are not that often forced to hit the ground.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
WOT? yeah i've played the game a decent bit because azen has it, and hes absolutely awesome (shocking) however, dashdancing is basically useless because everyone has to DD so short and stupidly or else you'll just tip.

and techchasing? techchasing isnt really that important of a part of the game since everyone is so floaty that people are not that often forced to hit the ground.
I meant like, sjust because techchasing isn't useful. I wasn't doubting your skill

Scar

#HarveyDent
I'm not reading WoT plank, but dashdancing is in. I use it constantly, and just because you can't tech chase, doesn't mean it's not useful.
DM every time you defend Brawl I'm going to say the exact same thing. Brawl is a much more shallow game but your mind is trying to convince you that it isn't just because you're so thrilled that you don't suck anymore.

MELEE >>> BRAWL PERIOD. That isn't to say that Brawl won't take over, that isn't to say that the game isn't fun, HELL it isn't even me saying that it's a bad game or not competitive or any of that. It's just that Melee was infinitely better in terms of a competitive game, and that's entirely factual. NOT a matter of opinion.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
DM every time you defend Brawl I'm going to say the exact same thing. Brawl is a much more shallow game but your mind is trying to convince you that it isn't just because you're so thrilled that you don't suck anymore.

MELEE >>> BRAWL PERIOD. That isn't to say that Brawl won't take over, that isn't to say that the game isn't fun, HELL it isn't even me saying that it's a bad game or not competitive or any of that. It's just that Melee was infinitely better in terms of a competitive game, and that's entirely factual. NOT a matter of opinion.
I don't know about that, Scar.

Brawl takes way more actual thought. Sure, it has less technical stuff by a lot at this current time, but it now forces you to think more, be more patient, and space better. You can no longer knee someone's shield into a jab and then just be safe no matter what. You can't grab someone and combo them to death easily. You have to wait for clearer openings and space stuff, and you have to mindgame the opponent into killing moves almost all of the time.

Really, it's starting to seem like you're a blossoming Melee player that's frustrated about Brawl being released and you're angry over Melee's impending doom because of it. Just adapt to Brawl and you'll enjoy yourself if you can play smart and make it competitive.

Edit: Btw, this is coming from a fellow blossoming Melee player with just as much skill and even more time dedicated to Melee. My characters were also nerfed just like Falcon was.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I'm pretty optimistic about brawl.

Although I have to admit I am kinda sad about Melee's end.

I love the game and its one of the very few games I play at all.

I still think I have to agree with Scar.

Maybe it'll prove itself as a great competitive game as some months pass by.

*shrugs*

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
heres my thoughts, because everyone cares :)

melee is a better competitive game as of now. its impossible to predict if brawl will turn out to be a more competitive game, and we wont know for years

melee seems to have more depth AS OF NOW. again, we dont know for sure. this is a fresh start, something everyone hasnt experienced such as recent melee players like myself who have only been around for just over a year. when i started melee, all the adv techs were all laid out for me to learn. were at a blank slate now.

people are talking about dash dancing, and yea, it pretty much is useless haha. its so much harder to do and its SOOOO short it barely has some of the great effects of using it in melee. HOWEVER, some characters turn around quite fast and can pseudo dash dance as i like to think about it. while it doesnt have the properties of attacking out of it via pivoting like melee does as much, i find it to be good keeping u on ur feet keeping control of the stage. sonic is particularly good at this as if u start turning around right after u would for the brawl dash dance, ur able to quickly move left and right covering about the same amount of ground as any dash dance in melee could (except sheiks as hers is faster). i havnt tried it with many other characters, and i know slower ones cant use it to a good advantage.

i do like inui's points (for once haha) at how brawl gets u to think. i havent had to study smash like i have for brawl than i ever have had to. melee for me was watching everyone elses techniques and learning to do them and which ones applied to my play style. sure u could sort of create ur own, but it just wasnt the same. after i played brawl at pound i seriously had to just sit down and really think about all of sonics moves and theyr positives and negatives about each thinking how to use them in situations. this is how i came up with ideas such as using sonics homing attack as an edgeguard, which at the time was unheard of and ppl considered the homing attack a terrible move.

what happened next? next time i played i put my ideas to the test and they worked. other ppl have been discovering things, and they have also been learning from me. go to the sonic forums now and ul start seeing ppl talking about the homing attack being viable for edgeguarding, something i essentially started myself in my own game.

since we dont know any matchups whatsoever, we go into every fight with no expectations and on the fly we have to learn the opponents style, think of the opponents character, think of what we can do to counter it, and apply it to our games. its a lot to think about, but we all have to essentially make our own character matchups striving for the ideal chart of a perfect matchup on everyone.

brawl just feels so restrictive as its so different for melee, but im willing to bet theres some big stuff we havent learn about yet. as of now i see good things coming with shield cancelling, pivot grabbing, tech chasing, ledge stalls, air combos, new forms of edge guarding starting to flourish already and its not even out here!

melee could easily end up being better competitively. we just have no idea. its too early to find out. some people are sticking to melee, and some are moving on to brawl. personally, im all on the brawl side of things if u cant tell lol. but remember this, the less ppl out there to revolutionize brawl, the longer it will take to create the true competitive scene. and i might as well through it out there since its been touched on. i cant play my main in brawl. i hate samus in brawl. she stands for everything i hate. her projectiles suck, she feels so different, and every tactic i used is pretty much gone.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Brawl is like a strategy game now. I can sit there and think about the game and get better. I can read stuff and watch vids. Playing for a mere 8 hours and watching and reading stuff got me and Kashif to be as good/almost as good as DA/Montage, who have had the game since its Japanese release.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I SO want some pizza. I wanna get together with some good players, for sure. >_> I won't get better otherwise. -_- Computers just dont' work as well for me as humans. Niwatori just don't feel like putting in the work half of the time. He hates practicing like me....even though I do practice, xD. *cough* btw, um >_> yeah, so are the actually any objections to me joining? Tec, I'll be calling you for advice soon, :p worry not. I'm also amped.....just a couple more weeks until I can get brawl. I'm STILL having a hard time finding a venue. When I do though, I priomise.....and it's not empty, whoever enters will get SOMETHING.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Brawl is really good. Stop being em0 about it because you can't just shoot lasers, reletentlessly attack someone's shield, and gimp people.
I'm not emo about it, when I play it I'm just like wow I wish it was more fun.

It stripped old technical stuff, but now there's new stuff.

Not being able to attack someone relentlessly = awesome. Now you have to THINK. Oh, dear God, I must think and not just shoot lasers and press d-air to shine on someone's shield until they die? I can't just chaingrab someone to win? Oh my.
I honestly feel myself thinking a lot more in melee, because of the advanced movement, tech chasing, and well everything I end up thinking a lot more, and i'm much more immersed.

theres a place that makes a mean bacon pizza out here...

well said plank.

Next time I order pizza ima ask if they have garlic, or maybe I should just await the day that I can get "the" garlic pizza from neptune.
Just wait, its worth it.

Pretty much.

I don't know about that, Scar.

Brawl takes way more actual thought. Sure, it has less technical stuff by a lot at this current time, but it now forces you to think more, be more patient, and space better. You can no longer knee someone's shield into a jab and then just be safe no matter what. You can't grab someone and combo them to death easily. You have to wait for clearer openings and space stuff, and you have to mindgame the opponent into killing moves almost all of the time.

Really, it's starting to seem like you're a blossoming Melee player that's frustrated about Brawl being released and you're angry over Melee's impending doom because of it. Just adapt to Brawl and you'll enjoy yourself if you can play smart and make it competitive.

Edit: Btw, this is coming from a fellow blossoming Melee player with just as much skill and even more time dedicated to Melee. My characters were also nerfed just like Falcon was.
It does not take way more actual thought, in fact as of now it takes a lot less. You have to space and be patient even more so in melee, cause one hit is much more devastating as there are actual combos. Scar Is blossoming however you have been a withering flower for awhile. Melee's not going to die its going to slow down till people get bored of brawl or discover something that actually makes it good, then maybe we'll move to that. And who cares about what chars were nerfed? I just want to have fun competing. Doesn't matter who I use.

Brawl is like a strategy game now. I can sit there and think about the game and get better. I can read stuff and watch vids. Playing for a mere 8 hours and watching and reading stuff got me and Kashif to be as good/almost as good as DA/Montage, who have had the game since it's Japanese release.
Do you know why you can do this? cause no ones actually good yet lol. .01% of the community hast he game and its been out for like 2 and 1/2 weeks. Thats why. I'm sure you could have watched vids and read stuff about melee 2 and 1/2 weeks into its release and beat the people who had it earlier than you as well, this point is retarted. The games really boring. For now.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Soooooooooooo uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hmmmmmmmmmmmm idk lol i haven't played brawl enough to make a decision i still love melee though

Top Bottom