• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Bi-Weeklies: LAZERS PEW PEW -SATURDAY JULY 12TH MELEE!

Should i turn this into a Biweekly?

• Yes

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
target does interviews?

what kind of job are you going for?
starbucks clerk(starbucks inside of target) Its actually rly hard to get employed in CT. Its even harder now that the state is in a resession and ppl are scrambling for jobs. ITs a good think Mogwai already has a job. Im not saying the resession has direct effect on jobs such as retail and simple things of the sort, but I dunno CT seems to take their jobs pretty seriously, esepcially in the southern part(where the majority of the jobs in the stae are other than hartford)

JFox

Smash Hero
Actually the best thing is to give HUGE availability, and than a week later cut down your availability. ;)

Swift you play falco now? More people to **** for peach...

can i get a ride to this?
I think everyone comin from the city is going by train. So take NJ transit along with all the other smashers, and grab a ride with whoever they are getting picked up by.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
How does everyone know that m2k and cactuar are coming....

People that are coming should say so, cuz the more people that show interest, the more people become interested in coming from out of state.

Vanz and Tec0, you guys are coming aren't you? Swat better come and rep NYC. With all those johns about lack of melee, in NYC there's no reason for you to skip out.

Pakman, will Blue Lazer make it to this?
Depends. I am pretty far behind in my homework as it is now. However, at this point my senior design project will be done, so I will have that off my chest. And for soem reason, when I feel a decent amount of relief, I really wanna smash (I play better too).

BUM163

Smash Lord
Every wednesday and thursday is training grounds at web2zone. from melee to brawl, to tekken 5 to street fighter, come to play and train with other players. Fridays are brawl weeklys which every week has been 40 plus. You have any questions pm me here or hit me up on aim which is oni163.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Thats so grimey lol, lying to get hired then changing your availability real quick LOL. Honesty friends. :)

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Thats so grimey lol, lying to get hired then changing your availability real quick LOL. Honesty friends. :)
I used to work at the local Giant (its a grocery store for those who don't know). After I got hired, they got this kiosk system to handle new hires. I used like a generic paper application. Anyway, they have all these questions on the kiosk like, "Have you ever thought about stealing?", or "If your friend was stealing what would you do?" I am friends with the person who hires people. People get flagged who answer these questions like honestly. She had to override the system to hire people who have "thought" about stealing. Everyone has thought about stealing.

JFox

Smash Hero
They pretty much expect people to lie on a lot of those tests. Its a sign of competence. BTW congrats on your 1000 post pakkyD...I mean Pakman.

Honesty actually does get you no where in the corporate world. Its a sad day.

Hey Swift are you coming to this BTW?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Probly. I rly want to. If I get this job then yea, if not then ima try to get one of my CT brethen to drive.(im sure he'll go).....chance that i'll go are higher than the chances I wont.

yeah I anwser them test like a robot, just so I wont get flagged >_>

pockyD

Smash Legend
supermarkets are hardly 'the corporate world', but to me, it actually seems like being able to lie well is a very useful skill in any job where you interact with customers ;)

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
supermarkets are hardly 'the corporate world', but to me, it actually seems like being able to lie well is a very useful skill in any job where you interact with customers ;)
I could write a book about supermarket interactions. I have never had strangers open up to me as much as when I was a cashier. People tell you about their divorces, drug problems and occassionally their sex lives. Its crazy.

Sensei

Smash Lord
I could write a book about supermarket interactions. I have never had strangers open up to me as much as when I was a cashier. People tell you about their divorces, drug problems and occassionally their sex lifes. Its crazy.
ROFL, that is so true. I'm like their sex therapist. :laugh:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
So happy the spam is gone from this thread, the cheeze should really be a mod. Someday hopefully.

I played Melee with Eazy for 3 hours today and got my Marth to at least 98% of what it used to be so I'm very pleased. I'm looking forward to this event.

JFox

Smash Hero
I played Peach vs Eggm yesterday for 8 hours. And once school is over, I plan on doing that almost everyday in preparation for this event.

Oh and I'm not afraid of Keitaro, cuz he'll most likely screw everything up by playing brawl the night before the tourney. lololol.

Oh and I forgot to mention, I'm faster at FC Nairs than Vanz, Vidjo, and Cort combined. Get at me son.

^LOL

Eggm

Smash Hero
One nair was worthy of saying that. I didn't know what hit me. But practice up and get your nairs that fast consistently.

Shoutout to my crew.

Jfox, find as many old controllers from freinds/family as you can I'll clean/interchange parts until you get a perfect controller. Then, you can practice a lot still get 3 stocked by me for 8 hours (not saying this happened last time, but its going to happen i'm pracitcing hardbody.) And see to the very depths that is melee.

Bass, Wow sucks play again.

Treble, Stop working weekends.

Marcstar, Where'd ya go ******?

Jota, Is cool.

Swiftbass, ***** me with fox.

Moo, Who are you again?

Reik, When are you coming home from school, so we can team all summer?

M2k, Sucks practice a little maybe i'll let you crew battle with us soon.

Tec0, I'm going to **** you all day at sensei's tourney no homo.

Vanz, Find a low/mid tier and master it beyond anyones mastery of a mid/low tier before, create another high tier. Then say "Messshhhoon complete."

Cheezit, Maybe i'll have you teach me guilty gear. Nah, I play melee LOL.

Pretty sure thats all of us.

We rule.

JFox

Smash Hero
Tim can you seriously make me a controller? Seriously, I really want you to make me one.

I want a new control stick/c-stick, my old L/R triggers, and my old X/Y/A/B buttons. So basically I want new control stick/csticks for my old controller. LOL.

I have a new controller that we could use, and I have my old one of course. Lets do it.

BTW my nairs are so fast it brings new meaning to the words "never know what him em". LOL

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Wow, JFox got confidence, lol. Eggm, I know Dane is coming back on Friday....which means that Reik MIGHT be coming back the same day. *shrugs* I'm not 100% on that. I wonder if I can get him to train with me some. That'd be a feat in itself. I just can't train with Niwatori that much, anymore. His two best are his Link and his Ganon....I can 3 stock his Link with my Peach, and though I have to put SOME effort into it, his Ganon doesn't really stand much chance either. If I REALLY wanna beat him, I go Shiek, lol. 4-stocked his Link. -_- It's starting to not get fun because he doesn't get serious anymore. (and even when he is....it's hard for me to get serious) He does play a little smarter, but getting him serious is hard. I NEED HELP!!! I want to be able to comfortably **** in this next tournament. ^_^ Peach is too good, lol. JFox...it'll be invasion of the Peaches, so let's do our best. Come to think of it....Shakugan will be there, too. Heh, the newest Peaches on the scene.

"Crank that Roy"

Eggm

Smash Hero
Well, I noticed you play best with your current control stick, cause when you tried my orange controller you said it was too hard to do stuff, and when you used my old black one you said up was way too sensitive. Maybe we should keep that, unless you find another one you really like. IMO the control stick is the most important part, its also the only part you change interchange (unless its a certain kind). So what you need to do before anything else is find the control stick you like most then we can go from there.

JFox

Smash Hero
Correct pocky, I was thinkin the same...

Eggm, I have a controller which is practically brand new. I want to use that control stick.

I know right now I do best with the old one, but thats just cuz I'm so used to it. But it actually has problems that are hindering my performance. I need to suck it up and get used to a new one. The longer I wait, the harder it will be to switch controllers in the long run. I've already started practicing with the other one, and I'm getting better. The problem is I can't wavedash very well with those brandy new triggers. Also I like my triggers for powershielding and Lcancelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom