• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Bi-Weeklies: LAZERS PEW PEW -SATURDAY JULY 12TH MELEE!

Should i turn this into a Biweekly?

• Yes

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JFox

Smash Hero
How does everyone know that m2k and cactuar are coming....

People that are coming should say so, cuz the more people that show interest, the more people become interested in coming from out of state.

Vanz and Tec0, you guys are coming aren't you? Swat better come and rep NYC. With all those johns about lack of melee, in NYC there's no reason for you to skip out.

Pakman, will Blue Lazer make it to this?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
If m2k and cactus don't come it would be interesting because the entire tournament won't get totally owned :laugh:.

I'm pretty much certain I'll make it. Not sure about Vanz though :( I hope he comes. Teams is pretty much what I come for :laugh:

Cheezit

Smash Ace
I'd come and see if I can still play this game, but there's a Guilty Gear tournament on the same day I'd rather go to. Slayer is too awesome. :]

Get at me in some Guilty Gear sometime, Cheezit. What character do you play?
Baiken all the way, but im not very good im getting a stick soon and gonna start practicing.

JFox

Smash Hero
Ron, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to get some friendlies with you in teams. Playin with you at VLS was good times, especially makin fun of Bob$. LOL

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
@Me ****** the tournament: I think for small local tournaments like this, I will only go characters I don't play. I had a ****load of fun going Falcon at Cheezits.

JFox

Smash Hero
tuar, i think thats pretty lame. People like Eggm and spam have been improving greatly. Call me naive, but I think they have a pretty good shot at takin. You goin another character is kinda an easy way out.

Even if thats not your intention it sucks that they never get the chance to face you for real. I remember when you wanted to play Bum (b4 brawl) and you never got the chance. It made you angry cuz you couldn't see how you'd do against him. I think the same applies here.

I'm pretty sure that no one is afraid of you ****** the tourney, and if they are they probably have no chance against your lame-o characters anyway.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
tuar, i think thats pretty lame. People like Eggm and spam have been improving greatly. Call me naive, but I think they have a pretty good shot at takin. You goin another character is kinda an easy way out.

Even if thats not your intention it sucks that they never get the chance to face you for real. I remember when you wanted to play Bum (b4 brawl) and you never got the chance. It made you angry cuz you couldn't see how you'd do against him. I think the same applies here.

I'm pretty sure that no one is afraid of you ****** the tourney, and if they are they probably have no chance against your lame-o characters anyway.
I thought applies said apples, and lol'd!

I'm supportive to the thread.

GOTM

Smash Champion

i think he just wants to have fun...and he has more fun going characters he wont normally use...whats the big deal with that?

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
@JFox:

It's a valid point, but honestly, I like seeing Spam win and the last few serious sets I've had vs him have let me learn his style too well. I like doing the random characters thing because it gives people time to get better without me really learning them, which is great for me because I play against player style, not character. This is an even bigger problem for Eggm because of how heavily reliant he is on tech skill. If I sit down and practice with him for too long, he won't be able to beat me in tourny. I enjoy the challenge of learning the other player during a critical period of time rather than in a situation that holds no importance and only leads to an easy tourny win for me.

If he really feels that he would rather me actually play out the set vs him than throw it by using random characters, I'd be more than happy to, but he hasn't said anything to me about it. I really like playing with random characters. My issue with Bum was that he didn't go to anything. I go to events and will willingly play serious if people ask me to. The difference is enormous.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
By Random, I mean I pick a character to use that isn't one of my mains before the tournament and use them for the duration.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Baiken all the way, but im not very good im getting a stick soon and gonna start practicing.
Ew, the only character that just camps all day.

I don't need stick. I play Slayer. :laugh:

It's a valid point, but honestly, I like seeing Spam win and the last few serious sets I've had vs him have let me learn his style too well.
Kashif can take you. Go Marth/Fox on him. ;)

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Tuar is backing out now? tch. jooohns all day.

I was gonna go, but cactuar has annoyed me, sonow I can't even face him.

/angryface

Eazy23

Smash Lord
wtf cactuar, that style learning **** is ridic. Stop being so dam good, Im not even kidding.

seriously

did u stop yet?
I don't think u did

Eggm

Smash Hero
Tope come. :) That would be hawt. Cactuar play who you want I don't really care. As long as my new rival comes (looks at spam) WE can have our 6 minute falco vs fox matches. >.> whoo hoo lol.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Tope come. :) That would be hawt. Cactuar play who you want I don't really care. As long as my new rival comes (looks at spam) WE can have our 6 minute falco vs fox matches. >.> whoo hoo lol.
Yes, Tope needs to come because I need to get revenge for getting warnings on SWF. Also, I obviously didn't camp enough if it was only 6 minutes :).

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
When do I get a rival of my own. *sad face* Maybe I should just step up and become PC's rival. Too bad he doesn't come to our tournaments.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd need to find a ride, because I have C3 the next day to host. Anyone else from MD/VA going?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
When do I get a rival of my own. *sad face* Maybe I should just step up and become PC's rival. Too bad he doesn't come to our tournaments.
I'll be ur rival :mad:

lulz i can't possibly be someone like Vegeta so I'll be bumbling a Team Rocket instead.

Cort is still around kevin. He makes money off brawl and plays melee when its convenient. Him and PC are like spongebob and patrick haha.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't know what "lain" is but it appears as if he's doing the "Loser" symbol on his forehead

and wow i haven't seen that since middle school

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Cort and I are meant to fight each other until the bitter end. And we would love every moment.

Unfortunately, there is currently an enormous divide between us, preventing us from playing out the last act of this great symphony that is Melee.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
lol Mog comes out of right field >_>

how's ur controller?

I hear that Boogiepop is amazing, you give me another reason to watch it. lol I was trying to get this thread back on track with the tourney....>_> <_< >_> >_> but I fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom