• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Triforce Of Style - A Sheik Brawl Combo Video

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
the combo is like "oh cool"

but when it goes slowmo it's like "OHHH SNAPPPPP!!!!!!!!"

gorfinus

Smash Rookie
I really liked the way you edge guarded, especially when you reverse needle into fair. but wouldn´t a simple bair be enough?
It was performed 3 times: 4:18 vs mario, 6:45 and 9:31 vs falco.

Liked all of the combos. keep it up

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Once again,

Using a backward fair to combo ..MADNESS!

Anyways the most noteworthy thing that video demonstrates is the usefulness of not doing a tilt lock until you can't anymore. Some of Gimpy's most impressive combo was started by a ended tilt lock early and following it up into a gimp kill. By the normal means of tilt lock which is ftilt to like around 70% into a hopeful double hitting usmash does not allow you to follow it up and in a sense you lose a good deal of control of the match if the usmash doesn't kill them immediately. A good example of the usefulness of this will be at 7:50 to 8:00 of the video.

I've been playing around with this thought for some time now but I really haven't had the gonads to really test it out but after watching this video I felt that this might also be where the future of high Sheik play will exist. Not in the high damaging combo but the combos into her deadly gimping game.

Oh and Gorfinus the Bair is great and all but if it can't kill then it's useless. Strategically speak if none of sheik aerials can kill then hitting someone with the fair semi spike is the best possible option since it can be combo into another fair or that one downward hit could be enough on the weaker recoveries in the game to stop them completely while the bair would just of knocking them farther away and up, thus increasing there chances of survival. Even if you don't get the fair semi spike it is still better for gimping then the bair because it doesn't knock them upwards. What makes the bair so good is it's longer range and increases power over the fair.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I really liked the way you edge guarded, especially when you reverse needle into fair. but wouldn´t a simple bair be enough?
It was performed 3 times: 4:18 vs mario, 6:45 and 9:31 vs falco.

Liked all of the combos. keep it up
gimpy just likes to play fair
HAHAHAHAHA

gimpy's hot-blooded gimping style is fun

risky, esp. cuz of the jabs which let people get out... but hot blooded. not many people can react fast enough to the jabs to be able to escape. mindgammez, if i was in that situation i would just double jab to grab, or jab spam. gimpy is so hot blooded by trying to lead everything into a combo

hehe, though it might be your downfall, gimpy!

jk, keep it up. nice edge guards

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Anyways the most noteworthy thing that video demonstrates is the usefulness of not doing a tilt lock until you can't anymore. Some of Gimpy's most impressive combo was started by a ended tilt lock early and following it up into a gimp kill. By the normal means of tilt lock which is ftilt to like around 70% into a hopeful double hitting usmash does not allow you to follow it up and in a sense you lose a good deal of control of the match if the usmash doesn't kill them immediately. A good example of the usefulness of this will be at 7:50 to 8:00 of the video.
as i was explaining to raging ric rohins last night sometimes the best way to improve your character is to simply drop everything that works so you can find new things - early sheik game involved ftilt locks and up smashes with a back air here and there - i rarely rarely rarely ftilt lock somebody (especially in a friendly) because it simply doesn't lead to anything productive aside from a POSSIBLE extra few percents... and I'd rather look good anyways hahahah

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
WOW u have an incredible edge game gimpyfish...something i really need to work on, btw whats the best way to practice? CPUs r too easily gimped

i'm happy to see this other side of sheik and that shes not just limited to tiltlock to usmash which i realized how devastating could be after playing Ryoko heh

that does make u look good lol. and looks fun, takes a lot of skill to do it like that
btw the footstools u do at the end sometimes is overkill don't u think? XD

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
as i was explaining to raging ric rohins last night sometimes the best way to improve your character is to simply drop everything that works so you can find new things - early sheik game involved ftilt locks and up smashes with a back air here and there - i rarely rarely rarely ftilt lock somebody (especially in a friendly) because it simply doesn't lead to anything productive aside from a POSSIBLE extra few percents... and I'd rather look good anyways hahahah
I'm so sigging that!

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
psh, old news. this got leaked late last night :p

Thanks for taking the time and effort, we all appreciate it <3

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
I very much like your edge technique. Mainly, chain use. This is something I need to get better with, as I mostly just recover with my up-B.

Also, you are very much right about the tilt-lock, it has become a crutch. I like how you use it's expectation to your advantage though: the opponent suspects a tilt lock and DI's towards you, making the grab a guarantee. Or the DI up, and you Uptilt into aerials. The best part is, if they start to expect this, they can't very well DI away, because that means they're just going to eat more forward tilts.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
When you hit that Pit out of his UpB under the stage..... way too good. XD
the combo is like "oh cool"

but when it goes slowmo it's like "OHHH SNAPPPPP!!!!!!!!"
QFT!

One question though. I didn't see any MKs. Why? or am I just blanking.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Finally. Someone that realises Sheik is meant to kill sideways.

Really good at off-stage hits. I love the footstooling, never thought of that.

I was so disappointed at the beginning when I didn't see any Vanish Glide KOs. I got all giddy when they finally showed up.

Not as an excuse, but those opponents seem kinda bad. I mean, you got hit like 3 times in the entire video. I suppose since it's a combo video you're not going to show yourself getting hit, but still. They just kinda sat there.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hey Gimpyfish, I'm getting a little tired of horrible quality videos.

Would you mind telling me what software/hardware/cables you use?

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Amazing sheik, love the edgehogs, combos were nasty the only things i thought was weird was your opponents would stay on the edge even after the invincibility frames were gone but still very well put together

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Nice vid..

I have a question:
When you juggle the opponent with Ftilt to about 50% or 60%, I see most people use Utilt & Usmash.

What other good things can you do after the early Ftilts?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
It's funny watching this, cause like, in Melee it only took 1 Fair. Now it takes about 3 xD

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
Sexy FAirs...I've been using the double FAir off the edge for a while, but you sir just had to go ahead and one up it to triple FAirs and QUADS!

...Very nice video and Sheik as well. another tally added to the people who are better then me, that I'll more then likely never play. :-p

*sigh* Why does Wifi have to suck so badly...? :-(

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Awesome vid. Once I saw it was by you I knew there'd be some nice gimps involed. Loved the off the wall tilt attack variations & setups taking the opponet offstage asap. Shieks something serious, potential wise offstage. The gimps & chain edge hogs made the video though.

Gimpyfish will be forever gimping.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
So humor me, how does Mr.Gimpyfish tackle the process of gimping with Bowser? XD

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
So humor me, how does Mr.Gimpyfish tackle the process of gimping with Bowser? XD
Take out Brawl and put in Melee.

Bowser v Falco

Dsmash, thunders jab, fsmash. SUPER GIMPYFISH COMBO

I did that once and my pants came off.

Top Bottom