• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~The Triforce of Courage~~ An Advanced Guide to Link v1.2

sasook

Smash Champion
Lol, it's like mine is a prerequisite of yours. Thanks :laugh:

I sent a PM to two mods, no reply from either, and it's been a few days :confused:

sasook

Smash Champion
I don't think I see the BAL there ( I like BACL more D: )

*Boomerang Arrow Cancel Lock*

I have a topic somewhere on the first page <.< lol
If you can provide a video of it, that'd be great, since it's hard to visualize what you're explaining.

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
well.. sry to bother again.. I just made a video of some uses for the spin attack... nothing too amazing but I could not find any in youtube so... I made one xD.... Emm... nothing new really, so don't bother to flame me xDDDD.... Is something I just think must be mentioned.. :p...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OAKgU-RjwY

PD: thanks for the awesome guide! It is really helpful

SuSa

Banned via Administration
If you can provide a video of it, that'd be great, since it's hard to visualize what you're explaining.
I'll do my best to get a video up, but I'm going to need someone who has MSN and some spare time.

I can only transfer videos over MSN, I can't upload them. Uploading anything large, or to places like youtube/myspace/mediafire makes my router crash.

But I'll try, if my router crashes then I'll try to find someone, if it doesn't crash then I'll get the link :)

I have done it so far 3-4 times in almost every single match I've done as Link... very easy to pull off

sasook

Smash Champion
well.. sry to bother again.. I just made a video of some uses for the spin attack... nothing too amazing but I could not find any in youtube so... I made one xD.... Emm... nothing new really, so don't bother to flame me xDDDD.... Is something I just think must be mentioned.. :p...

OMG....the mindgames that can come from this..............I like it!

Good job phantom!

NintenJoe

Smash Ace

I don't really think that this will help Link's Metagame much, but it sure as hell looks cool. Nice job, Phantom!

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
I think the technique is really situational and I would not overused it... Still it might be helpful once or twice during a match ^^

Guilhe

Smash Ace
In your Usmash analysis you’ve stated (Yeah, Dtilts that awesome)”. Isn’t “(Yeah, Dtilts are that awesome)” what you’ve meant to say?

sasook

Smash Champion
Hey NintenJoe, I don't feel like scanning your guide for it, but I'm sure you mentioned spot dodging somewhere. Just wanted to let you know, charging your smashes ***** in spot dodge wars.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Hey NintenJoe, I don't feel like scanning your guide for it, but I'm sure you mentioned spot dodging somewhere. Just wanted to let you know, charging your smashes ***** in spot dodge wars.
I thought that was sort of an inference, but I'll try to add it anyway. Maybe somewhere in the mind games section...

sasook

Smash Champion
Yeah, I just thought it's worth mentioning since not all players think of it. I'd add it to mine, but mindgames are a bit too advanced for a beginner guide.

sasook

Smash Champion
This guide will have EVERYTHING. Just be sure to include Arkive's picture from the "C tap new DI technique" thread (or something like that, don't remember the exact title).

sasook

Smash Champion
Yep. I'm gonna add it to mine soon (I'm currently rewriting the whole guide, literally)

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
wow your guide continues to impress me..awesome job! You're really doing a great job contributing to the Link society

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Three points:

1. You need to bold Smooth Booting. It's @#$% amazing and I can't believe I got by without it before now. If I can get it down, it will make huge differences in my performance!! :bee:
  2. I can't Boost Toss. I don't understand. If I hit C-stick in any direction, even while dashing, Link simply throws his item in that direction. I can't Z-up; he just chucks the Bomb. So when I C-stick down, he just bombs himself. Similar problems with Snake, by the way. I've only been told I'm doing it wrong but I have never got this to work and when I see what happens I just can't believe there's a way it could work.
  3. I use Lavender Link and I play defensively. :O
    OMG, THE ASTRAL SIGNIFICANCE IS APPARENT TO ME NOW!:psycho:

sasook

Smash Champion
You need to bold Smooth Booting. It's @#$% amazing and I can't believe I got by without it before now. If I can get it down, it will make huge differences in my performance!! :bee:
Please explain the uses of smooth boots, I'm curious myself. What is it that revolutionized your game?

I can't Boost Toss. I don't understand. If I hit C-stick in any direction, even while dashing, Link simply throws his item in that direction. I can't Z-up; he just chucks the Bomb. So when I C-stick down, he just bombs himself. Similar problems with Snake, by the way. I've only been told I'm doing it wrong but I have never got this to work and when I see what happens I just can't believe there's a way it could work.
If you're talking about the DAC, which both Link and Snake can do, just practice. If you're talking about bombsliding, turn off tap jump. It gets loads easier.

I use Lavender Link and I play defensively. :O
OMG, THE ASTRAL SIGNIFICANCE IS APPARENT TO ME NOW!:psycho:
Well, he's naming the "famous" and "pro" Links as the color examples. Unless you're a "pro" Link (I see the Ness main symbol) that competes and places in tournaments, or have a respected reputation as a Link player, you probably won't be mentioned.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Please explain the uses of smooth boots, I'm curious myself. What is it that revolutionized your game?
Just movement! The ability to pick up momentum just after landing. The reverse smooth boot especially, makes a huge difference in the ability to throw projectiles around.

If you're talking about bombsliding, turn off tap jump. It gets loads easier.
What does tap jump have to do with it? :confused: Heck, for all I knew, the DAC depended on it.

Well, he's naming the "famous" and "pro" Links as the color examples. Unless you're a "pro" Link (I see the Ness main symbol) that competes and places in tournaments, or have a respected reputation as a Link player, you probably won't be mentioned.
Did you not SEE the psycho emoticon? Or the all caps message? :psycho::psycho:

sasook

Smash Champion
Just movement! The ability to pick up momentum just after landing. The reverse smooth boot especially, makes a huge difference in the ability to throw projectiles around.
Isn't that just the craq walk?

What does tap jump have to do with it? :confused: Heck, for all I knew, the DAC depended on it.
For bombsliding, turning tap jump off gets rid of the game registering the upthrow portion as a jump canceled bomb throw. With tap jump, most of the time, if you do the input too fast, the game registers it as a jump-canceled bomb throw down. Without tap jump doing that, the input can be done relatively quickly, and successfully.

Did you not SEE the psycho emoticon? Or the all caps message? :psycho::psycho:
Totally lost me lol, but whatever.

smooth boost is cool for jab locks though
Hmm, I never thought of that. Sounds like it could be useful.

4Serial

Smash Lord
smooth boots is just good to use for the start though
like if you gale them in the face and they're kinda far, you walk up, stop/slide, and jab
i don't crouch when i do it though, you still slide a bit.
it helps speed things up so jab locking becomes a little more consistent.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
smooth boots is just good to use for the start though
like if you gale them in the face and they're kinda far, you walk up, stop/slide, and jab
i don't crouch when i do it though, you still slide a bit.
it helps speed things up so jab locking becomes a little more consistent.
SBing doesn't really require crouching, but I think you do that to slide just a little bit further. I don't really know though, if I ever do use SBing I don't notice. As for what you have stated, it's a good idea and can be implemented eaily.

Top Bottom