• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I don't know why he'd want to, honestly. He's currently the best with his character, lives in one of the most awesome and active scenes in the country, and has one of the overall best players in the country actively fearing him in tournament. Frankly...I envy him.

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't know why he'd want to, honestly. He's currently the best with his character, lives in one of the most awesome and active scenes in the country, and has one of the overall best players in the country actively fearing him in tournament. Frankly...I envy him.

-Being the best with a mid tier means nothing when you also have a desire to win.
-Texas scene is somewhat active, more or less just the Houston-Dallas area. RGV and SA/Austin are on and off.
-True, lol. :applejack:

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Oh wait, I just reread the rules. So I just list my wins/placings/ and the standing of the player to the extent of my knowledge?

For Bloody, I think he should stay. No one's really been active enough to take him off, and I think he proved himself at Apex well enough to keep the #5 spot.

For myself, I'll let others decide my placing, but my wins in the last 3 months include (standings/rankings in parentheses): Dueler X in pools at Apex (not sure of his ranking since he's French, but he recently beat Gluttony), Lada's ROB in a $5 MM at Apex (was/is inactive, so his standing eludes me, but he was a game away from bracket at Apex and I'm told that he was, and maybe still is a top 5 ROB) and Kamaji's Snake twice in bracket last week (ranked 3rd in EWA, I believe, behind Jamnt0ast and Chip).

Fonz hasn't done anything in what I think is almost a year. The magnitude of his placing keeps him above Bloody in my opinion. I think he should be #4 at the moment.

Breezy I think's been inactive, but he did get a really good win on Sinny a few months ago, so I think he should keep his #3 spot.

DLA hasn't been inactive, and I know he's been going a little Ganon, but I'm not sure if he's gotten any notable wins with him in recent months. He's taken some games off of good players, but I don't know if taking games is taken into consideration. It'd be cool if it is though.

I think it's between me and DLA right now for #1 and #2. Breezy stays #3, Fonz goes to #4 and Bloody stays at #5, in my opinion.

Only Ganondorf to ever win a tournament, End of my discussion. Fonz for President

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Interesting.

Wish I'dve known about this person. I hate having competition and not knowing anything about them. Only consistent Ganon competition is DLA, since people like Fonz and some others do really well at one tournament, then disappear forever without telling who they beat.

Who did he beat in his first pool?
Also I did tell who I beat, It was the top 3-4 players on the Ohio PR's at the time? And you said they were no names. Y.b.M, Blue Rogue, AlphaZealot. Or an Easy matchup for Ganon one of those arguments.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Those are "easy" matchups by ganon standards I suppose but....that doesn't really mean much.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano

That's part of why he wants to quit actually, it's taking up so much of his time and is practically his whole life so he wants to slow it down for school/life and stuf.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Also I did tell who I beat, It was the top 3-4 players on the Ohio PR's at the time? And you said they were no names. Y.b.M, Blue Rogue, AlphaZealot. Or an Easy matchup for Ganon one of those arguments.
I actually meant for that to be directed at JaimeHR, but I can see how it was confusing. I know you already told me and the others who you beat.

Also, I didn't say they were no names; I said that you had the good fortune to face MUs with, by Ganon's standards, favorable prospects. As I said before, I never would discredit a feat like that, but I also felt using it as a comparison to other Ganons wasn't an accurate reflection because of said good fortune. In other words, all things considered, you had wins comparable to DLA and myself, but gotten in a much more compact time frame due to the fortuitous bracket. For example, I placed 2nd at a small local tourney I held recently, but I wouldn't compare those results to when I was in New England and swarmed by MKs and Falcos.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Interesting.

Wish I'dve known about this person. I hate having competition and not knowing anything about them. Only consistent Ganon competition is DLA, since people like Fonz and some others do really well at one tournament, then disappear forever without telling who they beat.

Who did he beat in his first pool?
Read your quote again, how is that NOT directed towards me, it says. Since people LIKE FONZ, and some others do really well at one tournament, then disappear forever without telling who they beat.

How is that not directed at me? LOL

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Get outta here with that bull**** ranking. Md/Va is the 5th best region. There is no gap between us and the top 4. Look at Md/Va players and their wins. NEARLY every one of us has beaten someone from Fl and only lost to Esam. Speed vs Seibrik (And Speed has never been ranked higher then 9th...), Lie vs Esam, Me vs Shaky, Coney vs NR, Coney vs Co18, Lie vs Xaltis, Candy vs RedHalberd (Before he quit), etc. Only Esam has been able to beat Md/Va. Our top players who don't travel (Omni, Korn, and Neo) are still very good and Neo is 2nd on this list...? Only reason he didn't make Apex bracket is he got pool ****ed with M2k and Salem R2...No :zerosuitsamus:'s here and it's Jason.
We also have the 2nd best :lucas:, :samus2: and Logic/ChuDat.

We're better then NE, NorCal, and Al/Ga.

Edit: I also 2-0'd Kyon before. so more Fl

:018:

Neo didn't make bracket cause he lost to Arty

MW> MD/VA

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Read your quote again, how is that NOT directed towards me, it says. Since people LIKE FONZ, and some others do really well at one tournament, then disappear forever without telling who they beat.

How is that not directed at me? LOL
Grammatically it could be, intentionally, it's not. Don't really see why it's important, but...

Without a marker in the right spot, the verb argument splits and creates amphiboly, i.e. "not telling who they beat" lacks the proper specification to disjoin you from it, so I accidentally made a sentence that could go either way.

So, let me rephrase:

Since people like Fonz and some others do really well at one tournament, then disappear forever and others without telling who they beat. If you think about it, it'd be a rather weird thing to peg someone for just for being mum on their wins, if that's what you for some reason thought I intended it as. I'm not out to cut you down.

Coney

Smash Master
i will say if i were at vengeance i think i would've outplaced both lie and logic

every time i come to MW i lose to EC people (except shugo once)...not that i'm better than MW players but in a bizarre twist of fate, all of my hard counters from the MW quit (anther, lain, judge) and have been replaced by even or favorable matchups (kain, mjg, krystedez)

j/s j/s

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
what placing do i have to get with lucas in order for me to get 5?
I don't think you can get on any of these lists from just one placing, you probably have to place top 5 (at least) consistently, tho you live in NC so top 3 would be more fitting :I

yeahhhhh :pichu:

V1CE

Smash Champion
I will throw my region ranking just for the hell of it. with there top 5 players or so...

NY/NJ - Vinnie, M2K, Nairo, Dabuz, Atomsk?
SoCal - Tyrant, MikeHaze, DEHF, RichBrown, FOW
Texas - Trela, UltimateRazor, Dojo, Denti, Gnes
Canada - Ally, Holy, To JoE, Tinman, swordguard?
New England - Fatal, Bloodcross, Pelca, Teevee?
MD/VA - Chu, Logic, Lie, Coney, Junebug
Florida - NickRiddle, Ryo, seibrik, red halbred, MVD
NC - With Esam - Esam, Stingers, Kadaj, Mekos,
AL/GA - 4God, Reflex, Kismet, Player 1, Biglou?
Norcal - Sean, Z, Zex, Sky
Midwest - shugo, Roller.... actually idk much about midwest...

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Grammatically it could be, intentionally, it's not. Don't really see why it's important, but...

Without a marker in the right spot, the verb argument splits and creates amphiboly, i.e. "not telling who they beat" lacks the proper specification to disjoin you from it, so I accidentally made a sentence that could go either way.

So, let me rephrase:

Since people like Fonz and some others do really well at one tournament, then disappear forever and others without telling who they beat. If you think about it, it'd be a rather weird thing to peg someone for just for being mum on their wins, if that's what you for some reason thought I intended it as. I'm not out to cut you down.
Your markers, grammar, and split verb arguments don't matter to me either, because you put my name in it. There is no way getting around you were directing that statement at me LOL. Your trying to defend your original statement when in fact you put my name in the sentence and directed the statement at me, if it wasn't originally directed at me, don't put my name in it. Simple enough?

I'm not ******** Verm, your statement is plain and simple for everyone to read. It was directed at me, and you know it.

That's like me saying, "people like my roommate are fat"

then regardless of the words, and verbs, and grammar following it. I called my roommate fat.

Your rephrase is also incorrect, because your still putting my name in it. You are still directing the statement AT ME when you put my name in it.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Your rephrase is also incorrect, because your still putting my name in it. You are still directing the statement AT ME when you put my name in it.
you' re*

fix your grammar markers fonz

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Your markers, grammar, and split verb arguments don't matter to me either, because you put my name in it. There is no way getting around you were directing that statement at me LOL. Your trying to defend your original statement when in fact you put my name in the sentence and directed the statement at me, if it wasn't originally directed at me, don't put my name in it. Simple enough?

I'm not ******** Verm, your statement is plain and simple for everyone to read. It was directed at me, and you know it.

That's like me saying, "people like my roommate are fat"

then regardless of the words, and verbs, and grammar following it. I called my roommate fat.

Fonz, sorry to say, but that's not quite how language works. As I said before, I'm not actively seeking to belittle you, but you're adamant on making me fess up to saying something about that's not even negative, for God only knows what reason. If because you think I'm trying to weasel my way out of a negative comment, I think I've been pretty unequivocal in my opinions thus far, so I don't plan on shifting gear--if I have something negative to say about you, I'm not gonna hide it. Hopefully you don't mind a demonstration of what I mean, primarily just because I love this topic and love explaining it because I think it's cool. To counter what you're saying, if simply having your name in a sentence entails it being directed at you, then this sentence's marker's and grammatical arguments/agreements don't matter either:

"I shot an elephant in my pajamas"

So, did the person shoot an elephant while in his pajamas, or an elephant actually inside of his pajamas? See how lack if specification can create amphiboly?

As for this rephrasing not being apparently correct just because it has your name in it:

"Since people like Fonz and some others do really well at one tournament, then disappear forever and others without telling who they beat."

"and" in the first clause is a logical conjunction. The two clauses are linked by "and," so that means doing really well at one tournament is bivalent. The second "and" in the second clause is not a logical conjunction, because the verb appears before "and" so "and others" is necessarily distinct by virtue of "and" splitting the verb argument. Were it my original statement, it'd be ambiguous. In the above case, it does not in any way refer to you, which was the original intention.

To demonstrate a fresh example:

"Bobby and Lily ate apples" - Two nouns bound by and
"Bobby ate apples and Lily ate pears" - Two distinct verb arguments for each noun.

By your vein of reasoning, Bobby is logically bound to be eating pears as well by virtue of his name being in the same sentence.

Hopefully that clears things up a little bit. This whole discussion's kinda silly and pointless though. :p Beyond all this, common sense should dictate that with the results thread in plain sight and as well as you personally coming to the boards and telling us, I wasn't referring to you with the "not telling who they beat," especially considering I immediately followed the statement with asking who JaimeHR beat.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I think the only clear way to determine the #1 ganon spot is to give it to whoever beats the #1 link main first in a bo7 match.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I poop on Legan nonstop. he needs to find the light arrows if he ever wants to beat me

KoozyK

Smash Ace
I don't think you can get on any of these lists from just one placing, you probably have to place top 5 (at least) consistently, tho you live in NC so top 3 would be more fitting :I

yeahhhhh :pichu:
well obviously lol
. and getting top 3 isnt that easy here with esam, mekos, stingers, and kadaj

SK92

Smash Journeyman
I agree with viper and SK. Larry, then shugo/SK, then others.
Agreed, Agreed, Agreed, Larry placed right above me at e4u remix getting 5th place and I got 7th.......this tournament was recently, and I beat tearbear and 2-0'd Anuar's olimar.... Havok should be up there like me. O regional DEBATE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom