• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
also anyone think chudat should move up.. Chu is seriously the best kirby... also what is up with kiraflax's rob? is it really that good? What results does he have... Honestly Id say Holy, Chibo, Stingers, then the rest...
KiraFlax's :rob: is beast.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Me, Mekos, Kadaj, Sushi-Man, PP (he'd play for us if we asked him...) > Zex, Trevonte, Sky, Sean, Nordal? (Just looking at the PR) What happened to choice? I havent seen him since MLG x.x

I'd put quite a bit of $$ on it ;) thats all I'll say

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I would put money on Norcal.
Zex is better than all of you
Trevonte is better than all of you
Sky is better than all of you
Nordal and Sean are somewhere in the middle (Nordal maybe slightly under you 5)

I would predict a 3-4 stock win.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Kewkky :kirby2: could be coming to a tournament soon, which I'll be there as well, and kyon :peach:, and mink :jigglypuff:, but possibly.

I'm gonna give it my all and try to win them. :kirby2:

Cassio

Smash Master
Not to mention, their 5th player could easily be replaced by choice, jeepy, Sade, Virus, TC, or D12. Plus Zex, Trevonte, and Sky all made bracket at Apex. Id compare Norcal to GA. Actually heres how Id rank US regions.

Tristate
Socal
FL
Texas

gap

New England
Norcal/GA+AL/MD+VA
Vegas/MW
4-courner states/PNW/NC/LA

gap

Everyone else

Although for small regions like vegas theyre better than their position would imply vs a place like MW where it felt impossible to separate them, sorry MW.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I would put money on Norcal.
Zex is better than all of you
Trevonte is better than all of you
Sky is better than all of you
Nordal and Sean are somewhere in the middle (Nordal maybe slightly under you 5)

I would predict a 3-4 stock win.
lololol wow Esam. I disagree strongly. The only one I've played is Zex. And that was at genesis 2 where I was waaay worse than I am now.

I beat his marth with my lucas. He then switched to mk and played the gayest way he could to win. He beat u also by the way. But guess what? I didn't have an answer for super gay mks back then. But I definitely do now! The mk slaya baby! :cool:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Cuz he said all those players are better than me. I disagree. That is the only point i'm disagreeing with lol.

I havn't even got a chance to play over 2/3rds of the amazing players in this community since I just joined the tourney community in 2010. I would love to test my skills tho!

Cassio

Smash Master
Well Mekos as far as I know youre also the only person who's taken a set off ESAM in AL South since he moved. Youre the wild card, lol.

I dunno I think Texas and FL are interchangable. I just think FL's skill is better distributed than Texas in terms of its relevant players, although yeah I did include ESAM with FL. And maybe NE is above the gap since they stole all of MW's talent.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Not to mention, their 5th player could easily be replaced by choice, jeepy, Sade, Virus, TC, or D12. Plus Zex, Trevonte, and Sky all made bracket at Apex. Id compare Norcal to GA. Actually heres how Id rank US regions.

Tristate
Socal
FL
Texas

gap

New England
Norcal/GA+AL/MD+VA
Vegas/MW

gap

Everyone else

Although for small regions like vegas theyre better than their position would imply vs a place like MW where it felt impossible to separate them, sorry MW.
seems about right for like a top 5 crew battle (referring to norcal/ga+al/md+va), but I think if you went and did a top 10 crew battle GA/AL would be slightly above norcal, closer to NE level. McPe pants da bess. I personally have never heard of any of those other players you mention except choice and tc.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Texas > FL now that Seibrik/Red Halberd quit. No contest, really. We have nobody but me to deal with Gnes, Nick Riddle isn't as good against Snake so he would have trouble with Razer, I would get countered by Illmatic, MVD would do OK but he is worse than Razer, RYO would probably body *****s...but yeah.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
That is so true Cassio, aside from MJG and Kain we're practically out of primetime threats for the time being.

:phone:

C.J.

Smash Master
What Esam said.

With Halberd and Seibrik gone, FL is hurting (assuming Esam is still counted as FL). Ryo is amazing, and then there's MVD and Justin. Then... GDX? Or did he quit too?

Although I keep hearing random things about HRNut coming back possibly?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
HRNut is coming back, Kyon is good, and then there is a bunch of SFL talent but they never travel/have low tournament experience (8bitman, bunnyma, catma) so I'm not considering them in the comparison.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

Tristate
Socal
FL
Texas

gap

New England
Norcal/GA+AL/MD+VA
Vegas/MW

gap

Everyone else

Get outta here with that bull**** ranking. Md/Va is the 5th best region. There is no gap between us and the top 4. Look at Md/Va players and their wins. NEARLY every one of us has beaten someone from Fl and only lost to Esam. Speed vs Seibrik (And Speed has never been ranked higher then 9th...), Lie vs Esam, Me vs Shaky, Coney vs NR, Coney vs Co18, Lie vs Xaltis, Candy vs RedHalberd (Before he quit), etc. Only Esam has been able to beat Md/Va. Our top players who don't travel (Omni, Korn, and Neo) are still very good and Neo is 2nd on this list...? Only reason he didn't make Apex bracket is he got pool ****ed with M2k and Salem R2...No :zerosuitsamus:'s here and it's Jason.
We also have the 2nd best :lucas:, :samus2: and Logic/ChuDat.

We're better then NE, NorCal, and Al/Ga.

Edit: I also 2-0'd Kyon before. so more Fl

:018:

Cassio

Smash Master
Is shaky done? He was pretty awesome...

Yeah relatively inactive counts as long as they didnt quit. Sade, Jeepy, and Choice fit in that category too. I think GA+AL probably is slightly better, but not by too much. People just dont hear much out of norcal or its players but theyre pretty solid.

lol seagull

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I don't know, MD/VA came in 5/7th place at the last MW Regional.

We'd kind of MU pretty favorably if won/loss records counted tbh, and we're pretty bad

Line up your guys' top 10 please

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well with Illmatic gone, all you really need to worry about is Trela now ESAM.

Player-1

Smash Legend

Yeah relatively inactive counts as long as they didnt quit. Sade, Jeepy, and Choice fit in that category too. I think GA+AL probably is slightly better, but not by too much. People just dont hear much out of norcal or its players but theyre pretty solid.

lol seagull
Then I'd say

Reflex
Me
Biglou
Kismet
4god
Micaelis
Mc pe
DRN
Player-3/elev8/billy/scatt

Past that we still have spade and saint who are awesome to

The last 2 spots would probably depend on the chars on the other side of a crew battle

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I don't know, MD/VA came in 5/7th place at the last MW Regional.

We'd kind of MU pretty favorably if won/loss records counted tbh, and we're pretty bad

Line up your guys' top 10 please
Luckay isn't ranked either...So you guys got bodied by an unranked :pit:.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Luckay isn't ranked either...So you guys got bodied by an unranked :pit:.

Ok
You lost to me at Apex and I got out placed by Luckay at Vengeance so what's your point?

One of your better players got outplaced by 3 MW players at the same tournament

C.J.

Smash Master
HRNut is coming back, Kyon is good, and then there is a bunch of SFL talent but they never travel/have low tournament experience (8bitman, bunnyma, catma) so I'm not considering them in the comparison.
I admit that I haven't kept up with Kyon much although I heard he did well last weekend. Last time I saw him (admittedly that was like... December) I wasn't terribly impressed tbh. Assuming he's gotten better (which last weekend seems to support) then good point on him. I hear of 8bitman so infrequently, although Bunnyma is really good from what I've seen/heard.

Shaky only does doubles or something.

havok is better than fatal imo
Agreed

Well with Illmatic gone, all you really need to worry about is Trela now ESAM.
Illmatic is gone? sadface

Ok
You lost to me at Apex and I got out placed by Luckay at Vengeance so what's your point?

One of your better players got outplaced by 3 MW players at the same tournament
Lol'd

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah, Joe is a serious meatrider. Chu/Logic are the only 2 nationally recognizable players from MD/VA. Placing in MW doesn't count. Lie is really inconsistent, you don't place well at nationals/don't go to tournaments enough, Boss doesn't play singles, noid is the best samus but that doesn't really translate to anything...yeah. Also, having the 2nd best lucas doesn't mean much when there is a huge gap between #1 and the rest (which there is).

MD/VA might be better than GA/AL, but they aren't close to top 5. I would take NE over MD/VA.

Also, Illmatic is quitting AFTER WHOBO, so I still have to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom