• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Shiro has been active apparently. He told me about a recent tourney he went to. Had to message him on Fb about it. The top 3 is confirmed (Kain, Me, McPP). 4th would go to Shiro and then 5th would be between MegaRobMan and Pane.

For the :wolf: list, I'd say it could go either way. Pane would place the same in Rob's region, but Rob is about to travel to a few states and hopefully rack up some good wins. For now I say to just make the list:

1. Kain
2. Seagull
3. McPeePants
4. Choice
5. Shiro

When Rob is done venturing through Nc, Ky, and Il this month I think a 5th spot can be decided based on his performances and how Pane will be/has been doing in tourney. So at the end of this month I'd say to remove Choice entirely for inactivity.

Future list this month:

1. Kain
2. Seagull
3. McPeePants
4. Shiro
5. Pane/MegaRobMan

:018:

SoulPech

Smash Master
Active but with what quality wins ? If I get another placement bs answer I am putting up the smash it up results when I placed high out of a big attendance
This post made me laugh because how I read it was "If I get another placement bs answer I'm putting up Smash it Up results where I'm prove why I should be Top 5", which is the purpose of this thread. Just post anyway...put your **** on the table.

:phone:

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
lol soul peach my point is I don't throw out high placements or placements in general unless they have a certain quality win , all I hear about this guy is that he did well in 1 event beating a bunch of nobodies that had a semi good attendance , smash it up 2 I placed higher then him at an event with a high attendance beating nobody that should be claimed just like that bs. so I'm just saying it is quite funny the bs people are throwing me!

hinkage

Smash Apprentice
There's a tourney this weekend in MA and Lord Xaiver will take first so you may as well add him as best Link right now to save time later.

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
1 will
2 Orion
3 Mikekirby
4 raptor
5 Gunblade
I can name a few more but i don't think they are worth noting on this thread .....still waiting for anything that comes even close to will shiro

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
You used to beat me pretty solidly, Pane, until I got hooked up with Deven´s smashfests and started placing pretty well. ;)

You´re still pretty good though. I´ll be really rusty once I return from vacation though so come at me then! :bee:

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
^ I got that win the same day when I got the win on will/ when you were placing well but regardless I look forward to future matches with you . It is always fun

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Move Pwii up on the GnW list, he got wins on Seibrik, Z, and K prime this weekend at whobo.

Also, his Pit got 5th in mid tiers, idk who he beat tho, but considering how ****ing stacked mid tiers was, I'd say that was worth noting.

He can't post here for obvious reasons.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Illmatic is amazing with Peach, but I think SlayerZ, myself, and LLOD are up there with him. plus slayerz and I are way more fun to watch on livestream, like at E4U :-P

I'm on my way back up with her guuurl. Playing faster and more composed than ever before thanks to wifi. Be ready to include my name up there with the big GURLS again soon. :)

Illmatic is so retardedly offensive and fast I can't imagine any other Peach being more fun to watch.
Kyle (with his Melee Peach exp) has become much faster throughout the past year. SlayerZ is retardedly fast (and very composed) as well. E4U is definitely a good example of what they can do.

Illmatic is still a beast though - I remember the first time I played him in the ditto online...I got completely bodied lol. Sad to see him go, but he definitely brought a huge boost to Peach's offensive/pressure potential, and lord knows this character was in desperate need of some offensive guidance at the time. LLOD has defensive play on lock, bar none. I'm just simply orgasmic and love the fact that I've sunk back into obscurity over time, hehe.
:denzel:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I think the Ganon list is fine, but DLA and myself will be vying for 1st. The last three are static primarily because none of them are active, and no one's really shown up who's demonstrated any top-level Ganon play to succeed them.

To my knowledge, neither of us have a preponderance of wins, but in my recent activity I've nailed a few extra. None of my losses are really bad, either. I also think for both him and myself, Apex should be considered, just so there's more to stack given inactivity.

I've been to three (one of which was only 10 or so people LOL) tourneys in the past 7 months, from which I've taken home:

-Bladewise's :marth: (tourney) [arguably a top Marth]
-Jamnt0ast's :rob: & :snake: (tourney) [arguably a top ROB, placing 17th/91 @ E4U]
-Dueler X's :gw: (pools) [He's the French G&W main who beat Gluttony]
-Lada's :rob: ($5MM) [X's brother. 1 game away from Apex bracket, I believe]
-Mink's :zerosuitsamus: (pools)
-Kamaji's :snake: (tourney) [Not really sure if this holds any weight, since Kamaji was a top PacNW player three years ago, but went inactive]

I'm not sure of DLA's wins since Apex. I know he's not been using Ganon much recently though.
I got uptilted

I quit.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
The 3-5 spots on lists outside of high tier ones are basically filler. Pane is def better then Shiro though.

Follow me on Twitter - @ThePhenomenalEE

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
I'll get flamed, no doubt. But who is Illmatic? Character, tournament performance, region. I didn't know he was a name you dropped. Is he East Coast?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Illmatic

Region/State: Texas
Character: :peach:
Local level performance: top 4-7, occasional top 3 or 9th
Regional level performance: 9th-13th on average
National level performance: 17th-25th on average

Bio/Credentials: Began attending tournaments/playing wifi frequently in 2010. Current BBR member. Owner of the Top 5 thread. Shaped a more aggressive outlook on the Peach metagame. Tournament performance and consistency have him currently viewed by many as the best Peach player in North America. Has one of the top 3 consistent players in the country (Electrical Sam) actively fearing him in bracket via a mental block/losing record.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
The 3-5 spots on lists outside of high tier ones are basically filler. Pane is def better then Shiro though.

Follow me on Twitter - @ThePhenomenalEE
I wouldn't say that's true for all the characters under high tier. There are a good number of characters where it is true though just not all.

Pane>Shiro until we hear shiro's wins :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom