• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

vato_break

Smash Master
after seeing what p-1 looks like its really hard to take him srs, he's like the most adoreable thing ever! he looks like he's 10 and he talks like a grown up :3

edit: im better than p-1 forsure and i would beat him in tournament without a doubt in my mind :)

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Competitive brawl is boring me lately.
Teams isn't as fun as it used to be(my main motivation in brawl was to win a national in teams.)
Marvel/P4U is looking to be way more fun competitively and are extremely fun to watch/play already.

It may ended up being more of a extended break than "quitting." I still like playing smash alot, just not in tournament. Metagame is really boring at the moment.
Same! Lets team for apex 2013!

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Player1 is my boy but if you're gonna be number 3 Diddy(this goes to any Diddy after that spot) then close the gap between you and the top 2 ones a little more because its still too big(3rd place compared to 17th), rack up those big boy wins OOS.

:017:

The metagame is chaingrabbin *** ice climber mains LOL.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
So shadow1pj best tl?

When he isn't tripping into random c4s.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Illmatic for Top Peach + Beam Sword
Slayed 4 Ice Climbers with that

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Player1 is my boy but if you're gonna be number 3 Diddy(this goes to any Diddy after that spot) then close the gap between you and the top 2 ones a little more because its still too big(3rd place compared to 17th), rack up those big boy wins OOS.

Dude that gif looks like it hurts sooo bad

source?

Edit: not that one lol, your sig

z00ted

I will update this tonight or tomorrow.

WHOBO weekend and moving into Sync's new place without internet for around eight days has me around thirty pages behind.

Please start mentioning positions for players if you haven't done so already.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
^ Dude even if you get on the top 5 no one is going to take you seriously, reaching hard trying to make those wins look decent.

30 pages to catch up on, Ill? Good luck.

Who did Vato beat at this tourny he won?

Dude that gif looks like it hurts sooo bad

source?

Edit: not that one lol, your sig
I think its a money in the bank match from an old WrestleMania lol.
EE, that .gif scares the **** out of me.
Excellent.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
The point isn't to be taken seriously, if it was I'd handle this way differently.

I hope every single person I play thinks I'm as bad as I make myself sound.

/done with thread because Lux said I should be.

Put me wherever seagull see's fit.

Luigisama

Smash Champion

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
Also this is back in september and I think wins before apex are not counted anymore.
sorry but Apex was in January, right? if this entire record gets erased every 6 months then idk how any of this is determined at all. by that logic, everyone on the list who hasn't played in a tournament since Apex should be erased, and everyone who's played once since then should be power ranked.

some sort of balanced ranking system needs to be established in order to warrant this much bickering between everyone. i thought this game was supposed to be fun. :(

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I think the Ganon list is fine, but DLA and myself will be vying for 1st. The last three are static primarily because none of them are active, and no one's really shown up who's demonstrated any top-level Ganon play to succeed them.

To my knowledge, neither of us have a preponderance of wins, but in my recent activity I've nailed a few extra. None of my losses are really bad, either. I also think for both him and myself, Apex should be considered, just so there's more to stack given inactivity.

I've been to three (one of which was only 10 or so people LOL) tourneys in the past 7 months, from which I've taken home:

-Bladewise's :marth: (tourney) [arguably a top Marth]
-Jamnt0ast's :rob: & :snake: (tourney) [arguably a top ROB, placing 17th/91 @ E4U]
-Dueler X's :gw: (pools) [He's the French G&W main who beat Gluttony]
-Lada's :rob: ($5MM) [X's brother. 1 game away from Apex bracket, I believe]
-Mink's :zerosuitsamus: (pools)
-Kamaji's :snake: (tourney) [Not really sure if this holds any weight, since Kamaji was a top PacNW player three years ago, but went inactive]

I'm not sure of DLA's wins since Apex. I know he's not been using Ganon much recently though.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
there is no proof that you beat delux unless delux confirms this himself.
Don't forget Rob the time you reverse 3 stocked me to take that MM back in September after the tourney
Also the direct reason I'm not on the list, like forever ago, is Seagull saying MCPE should be ahead of me and me saying NO back when all he had was p-1. If I had said "sure idgaf" instead of arguing and trolling further, I'd be on it.

:wolf: list:
1. Kain
2. Seagull
3. McPeePants
4. Pane
5. MegaRobMan
But now is not the case.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
sorry but Apex was in January, right? if this entire record gets erased every 6 months then idk how any of this is determined at all. by that logic, everyone on the list who hasn't played in a tournament since Apex should be erased, and everyone who's played once since then should be power ranked.

some sort of balanced ranking system needs to be established in order to warrant this much bickering between everyone. i thought this game was supposed to be fun. :(
well I didn't say apex didn't count. Also IIRC Krys saying something about anything within an 8 months count(I could be wrong on this). So at this point apex still counts. I guess that range was made up so people wouldn't say "I beat this top player back in early 2011" Just because they have that old win doesn't entirely mean they can win again if they met this person in bracket now.

But I agree a points system or something has to be made. Otherwise we'll keep having people saying "well I should be top 5 because I did this" and they provide no proof.

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
well didn't say apex didn't count. Also IIRC Krys saying something about anything within an 8 months count(I could be wrong on this). So at this point apex still counts. I guess that range was made up so people wouldn't say "I beat this top player back in early 2011" Just because they have that old win doesn't entirely mean they can win again if they met this person in bracket now.

But I agree a points system or something has to be made. Otherwise we'll keep having people saying "well I should be top 5 because I did this" and they provide no proof.
I didn't realize that a time limit had been established at all, that seems odd and kinda arbitrary to me. I guess it makes sense if he needed a starting point or something. Anyway, that's just one factor.

A list of criteria should be established including things like activity level (define), notable wins/losses (relative), tournament results (balanced), matches between two players in question (dittos?), and maybe career length?

Then they'd have to be quantified and equalized :/ its no wonder no-one has done it before, but without something like that, its just gonna boil down to "nah man, X is WAAAAAY better than Y!!".

z00ted

I've already covered all of that.
We go back 12-14 months on wins if it's a national or regional.

6-8 months for anything outside of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom