• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
2nd at WHOBO 3 with all Snake.
7th at Apex with all Snake.

Constantly getting 1st in all Texas events.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Razer beat me at Genesis 2, even camping me on Rainbow Cruise and timing me out game 3. Very intense games.

It was also against my Wario all set I think.

Tesh

Smash Hero
How is it "obvious" that Ally is a better Snake? He doesn't even use Snake to beat good players anymore.

I like ally and he has a great history with snake, but just like M2K and :metaknight: how can you keep him at number 1 just based on 2010 dominance? When was the last time Ally used Snake to gain a notable win?

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
How is it "obvious" that Ally is a better Snake? He doesn't even use Snake to beat good players anymore.

I like ally and he has a great history with snake, but just like M2K and :metaknight: how can you keep him at number 1 just based on 2010 dominance? When was the last time Ally used Snake to gain a notable win?
iirc he went almost all snake at Phoenix Saga 4, beating Shugo with snake

Dissention he beat M2K with Snake and Nairo

Won all his matches at IMPULSE with Snake ( I don't remember everyone he beat, but one of them was Mr. R)

Sktar he used mostly snake, don't know who he beat with snake other than Mr. R (again)

So he does use snake to beat good players

Tesh

Smash Hero
Nairo eh? Okay. I wasn't aware he had beaten Nairo's MK. The rest of those people would lose to Razer anyway I think.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
My **** has never been harder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOOOL woooooooow

And Razer just plays Texas... and gets bodied by the same MU I usually get bodied MINUS olimar. I don't care if he's higher than me but it's actual hard to tell lol

I do use Snake alot more now... lift that rock you've been sleeping under. Whobo4yolo

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Well when I watch Razer or Fatal it just doesn't seem at the same level as when I watch Ally. It's been that way for like two years now, so it's what I'm used to expecting. If the last couple months completely changed that, that's a different story. But the way DEHF is better than Shugo with hardened experience and reads is the way I see Ally and Razer being compared, with Ally being the sage.

Edit: I include Fatal and Razer in the same comparison, though it may be obviously two different skill levels, is because they dominate mainly in a region and not at US nationals. Ally is from Canada and he has the biggest mark of any snake imo on reputable wins. Seriously, can Razer even beat DEHF now despite DEHF hibernating while Razer has been in his man-cave at Texas working on everything?

Thank you those who noted the reputable recent wins Ally got, I knew my assumption wasn't coming out of thin air.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Seriously, can Razer even beat DEHF now despite DEHF hibernating while Razer has been in his man-cave at Texas working on everything?

Thank you those who noted the reputable recent wins Ally got, I knew my assumption wasn't coming out of thin air.
I don't think implying that Razer would lose to DEHF is a good way to argue that he's worse than Ally. I could see Ally losing to DEHF too, and I know he has expressed that he definitely thinks it's a possibility.

Neither Razer nor Ally has consistent top level Falco practice whereas DEHF has consistent top level Snake practice in Havok. Not to mention that DEHF is amazing, lol.
Both Razer and Ally could very well be better than DEHF, but I could also see them losing to him.

z00ted

Well when I watch Razer or Fatal it just doesn't seem at the same level as when I watch Ally. It's been that way for like two years now, so it's what I'm used to expecting. If the last couple months completely changed that, that's a different story. But the way DEHF is better than Shugo with hardened experience and reads is the way I see Ally and Razer being compared, with Ally being the sage.

Edit: I include Fatal and Razer in the same comparison, though it may be obviously two different skill levels, is because they dominate mainly in a region and not at US nationals. Ally is from Canada and he has the biggest mark of any snake imo on reputable wins. Seriously, can Razer even beat DEHF now despite DEHF hibernating while Razer has been in his man-cave at Texas working on everything?

Shut the hell up.
You don't even know Razer, what are you even talking about?

lol man cave?

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Shut the hell up.
You don't even know Razer, what are you even talking about?

lol man cave?
The mancave wasn't meant in a derogatory sense, I.....bah forget it, smashboards is becoming flamewarrish all over the place. I just wanted to convey that I thought the idea of Ally < Razer should be considered further, but if no one agrees that's fine.

z00ted

WHOBO is basically a week away, we'll see what happens there.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Lol yeah if you want to pick a top player for a Ganon to upset, you probably shouldn't pick ESAM. Most consistent player ever, plus Pika vs Ganon is ********. And don't get me started on ICs...

:phone:
I'll never 4get when beat lain and forCed him 2 go MK

Greatest thing EVER

:sonic:

Oh yeah. I beat Meek at my last tourney too.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=325636
Both his MK and his Sonic. And I beat his Sonic on YI:B so that's like 10 wins right there
Meek is MEH <<<<<<<33333

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
every guy should have a mancave. i think its one of those unalienable rights in the constitution...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

This doesn't make any sense...Razer and Fatal aren't even comparable. Ally and Razer are very comparable and it could go either way for best snake, but Razer hardly loses to anyone except esam and has proved multiple times to be one of the most consistent players period lol. Just look at his wins and losses from every national he's attended. The last time he played M2K he 2-0'd him 2 stocking him on delphino, he knocked rich brown out of winners and losers at apex, he competes at the same level as ally's snake if not higher just because he's better against olimar.

It's not clear either way but it's certainly not strange to think razer is the best snake.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
This doesn't make any sense...Razer and Fatal aren't even comparable. Ally and Razer are very comparable and it could go either way for best snake, but Razer hardly loses to anyone except esam and has proved multiple times to be one of the most consistent players period lol. Just look at his wins and losses from every national he's attended. The last time he played M2K he 2-0'd him 2 stocking him on delphino, he knocked rich brown out of winners and losers at apex, he competes at the same level as ally's snake if not higher just because he's better against olimar.

It's not clear either way but it's certainly not strange to think razer is the best snake.
Is it that he doesn't attend Nationals is the reason you rarely see him place anywhere compared to Ally? I think it should be reconsidered as well because to me, Ally clearly still has the better snake

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I honestly have to give the nod to Razer on this one. The man proves that sometimes sticking with your main isn't always a bad thing.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Is it that he doesn't attend Nationals is the reason you rarely see him place anywhere compared to Ally? I think it should be reconsidered as well because to me, Ally clearly still has the better snake
He was at 4 of the last 5 nationals...what are you talking about?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yes but he has attended ZERO of the past 1 Nationals and that is what is important.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I don't think implying that Razer would lose to DEHF is a good way to argue that he's worse than Ally. I could see Ally losing to DEHF too, and I know he has expressed that he definitely thinks it's a possibility.

Neither Razer nor Ally has consistent top level Falco practice whereas DEHF has consistent top level Snake practice in Havok. Not to mention that DEHF is amazing, lol.
Both Razer and Ally could very well be better than DEHF, but I could also see them losing to him.
I rarely play Havok >_>

The only top player that I consistently play is Rich Brown.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Haha I thought that was off. Havok doesn't come up THAT often. All disagreements aside I want to see Ally vs DEHF in 2012. Nostalgia BLAST

Razer don't worry you got most of the Snake community respect. Mancave it until you pull a Bizkit in nationals!

(Pulling a Bizkit being placing way above your expected level for a single tournament that goes down in the books. This used to be called pulling a Rich Brown but then Rich Brown got consistent)

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Razer placing high would be unexpected?

well, ok....
Higher* than expected. Like....1st

If all this "misunderstand, then disrespectfully reply" bs is going to keep happening I'll go back to lurking smashboards for a couple years rather than posting. Sucks for me though because I intend to get backroom, but then I say nevermind because everyone flames more than they contribute.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
you're the one coming in here spouting bs because you are super uninformed, if you're going to get mad over that then by all means never post again because it will just keep happening.

Dcold

Smash Lord
I don't see that as disrespectful in any way, lol. You keep making claims out of no where. So until Razer wins a national, he's just sitting in a mancave living in the shadow of Ally?

Come on now.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
My point was only that I thought Ally was better based on watching his gameplay. It's not misinformed, it's opinion. And it is disputable, not completely incorrect.
If the point doesn't hold popular opinion, it doesn't hold here, so I am inclined to stand down on it. That's fine.

Then I said basically 'UltimateRazer you got this' and got sarcastic, misunderstood disrespect. Sorry for wishing him luck? I don't get where this is going.

Also, mancave is something I have. It's where I, or I and a couple bros play Smash. It's not derogatory still. What are you politicians?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Didn't we recently have the opinions vs. results conversation with Mekos?

You come off as having very little humility which is only compounded by the fact that you weren't knowledgeable about Razer's results.

I don't think people are seriously angry about the man cave comment, but maybe they're just ********.

Man, why am I playing good guy mediator Ryker today? I'm supposed to be antagonistic douchebag Ryker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom