• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
MX could have won the tournament, but played very sloppy towards the final round. We blame it on his timing of when he ate xD. Yeah, he beat Krys 2-0 in pools, and beat Hades 2-0 at Yoshi dittos. Aww yeaaaaaaah
It's true. Today I practically blazed through OverSwarm's tourney today getting 3rd place. I 2-0'd both Krystedez and HadesBlade. I also beat Mister Eric, XeroXen and Xisin (Former best Marth in the MW that's still pretty freakin' good.)

I doubt the results are up yet cause' it just ended. When it shows up though, I'll post it. ^^

:edit: I beat Sneakytako with :fox: not :yoshi2: . my bad on that.
Everything else was with :yoshi2:

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
It's true. Today I practically blazed through OverSwarm's tourney today getting 3rd place. I 2-0'd both Krystedez and HadesBlade. I also beat Sneakytako Mister Eric and XeroXen.

I doubt the results are up yet cause' it just ended. When it shows up though, I'll post it. ^^
But Krys beat you where it really really mattered. ;) Don't forget to mention that.

Also, DtJ Hadesblade (aka LadiesLadies) for #1 Mario. I'm being 100% serious here he has the most legit Mario I've ever seen in my entire life.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
You 2-0'd my Pit in first wave of pools with Kassy and the rest.

Then I 2-1'd you in the third and final pool wave, defeating you on smashville, and then you absoutely **** on me on Frigate.

You then also proceeded to throw away your chance to destroy me on my favorite stage, Norfair, by counterpicking TOON LINK.

I am with Kel when I say this. I'm disappointed in you, MX :c

Anyways good ****, you've really improved. Just remember I've had a pretty much positive record on every yoshi, so I think, you getting one set off of me means you are pretty legit and deserve a bump up on the list :)

THAT IS IF YOU KEEP PLACING WELL!!!

Anyways.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
But Krys beat you where it really really mattered. ;) Don't forget to mention that.

Also, DtJ Hadesblade (aka LadiesLadies) for #1 Mario. I'm being 100% serious here he has the most legit Mario I've ever seen in my entire life.
Oh no, I don't deny that. Krys definitely beat me second time around when I kind of....yeah. xD

Xero, I'm a bit surprised that you're not on this top 5 Mario thing yourself. :0

And sorry Krys. When you cp'd Norfair, I almost completely freaked out cause' I had no idea what to do. .___.
Then I maaaaaaagically thought TL would do some good... Guess not. lol Don't worry, it'll be different next time. ;)

8Bitman

Smash Master
I don't care to meet up... Just saying to get more attendance from OoS.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
its cool mx just expect me to be hard on you next time for throwing away a match. even if it IS NOrFAIR
Lol don't worry. I won't use random pocket characters next time. :p
After playing you this time around, I think I understand Pit to a fairly good extent.

Get ready for them eggs..

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Norfair is good for Yoshi, why did you throw away the match?
Well 1.) I didn't know that. lol
2.) I actually didn't "throw away" the match. I legitimately thought that TL would be a good counter pick character for the stage. Granted the given stressful circumstances.

And ordinarily, Norfair isn't legal most times so I really had no clue what to do. .__.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I'm pretty sure that there exists a phenomenon where people decide to randomly go Toon Link in very important tournament matches.

I've seen it happen more than once.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I CP'd NF because if he went Yoshi I could go pit OR wario, and if he went fox I'd go Pit because wario bike reflected back at me is not fun

Going Toon linke just made me WANT to get that crap over with since its like huh, projectiles, k, lets just get this over with XD

I don't usually counterpick Norfair

But when I do, I usually do it with a clear advantage :troll:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You don't think I know that?
I played Krys back from MLG Dallas so I at least remember not to CP him to Norfair cause of that. But changing from Yoshi to TL doesn't help much either.
Im not saying you arent aware, I was just pointing it out cuz sometimes people tend to overlook the simplest facts. But what is with you lately and recoiling at every little comment? I mean, you're usually pretty lax and level headed, but lately you just seem to need to lash back at every little comment even if its just simple sarcasm not even directed at you.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
bio for best zss, beats gnes and razer
EDIT: if gnes went MK, never mind....I was really hoping for diddy :(
Gnes' MK > his Diddy in some circumstances.

He was 0-2 against Denti with his Toon Link (close matches), then went MK and 3-0'd him.
He basically 2-0'd everyone in his bracket with MK except Bio, who he lost to.

So discrediting his MK is the same as discrediting Havok's Snake or something (likely even past that level), not very intelligent.

Silly Dakpo. You know Gnes doesn't give a **** anymore. :applejack:
This is true...will texas stop sandbagging Bio please?
I think you mean everyone in general.
It's funny because Gnes would likely 2-0 all of you, despite "sandbagging" or "not caring" lmfao.
Good job to Bio, he likely deserves to go up higher on the list when observing Ascension.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't see how that makes our statements any less valid, Illmatic.
It's a nice way to divert attention away from the problem though.

:applejack:

BioDG

Smash Ace
Dakpo/Espy/Illmatic all have a point. Let's not get consumed in arguing, yeah?

Gnes' MK is still like playing a top MK or a high-ranked one, I would imagine. The notches went down, but holding down a sub that good doesn't likely indicate the notches went down below that of a highly skilled/successful player. At any rate, he learned from his mistakes and 2-0'd me with MK in losers' semis. And now I must learn from mine. The end.

Oh right, this is a top 5 thread. Dakpo still the greatest. I want him back on the list.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea I think beating Gnes should actually move him down off of the list.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Dakpo/Espy/Illmatic all have a point. Let's not get consumed in arguing, yeah?

Gnes' MK is still like playing a top MK or a high-ranked one, I would imagine. The notches went down, but holding down a sub that good doesn't likely indicate the notches went down below that of a highly skilled/successful player. At any rate, he learned from his mistakes and 2-0'd me with MK in losers' semis. And now I must learn from mine. The end.

Oh right, this is a top 5 thread. Dakpo still the greatest. I want him back on the list.
<3 Bio, just another month or so and I will be able to come to HOBOs so we will see a lot more of each other.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
MCPeePants beat me more often than not at the tournament yesterday. Thankfully, I only played him in pools (where he 2-0'd me) and not brackets.

Player-3

Smash Hero
maybe he changed his mind because i remember him saying he was quitting singles sometime in the last week or so

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'll put up my set against MCPeePants later so that everyone can see just how good he is when he isn't getting hard countered by 4GOD and Kismet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom