• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Ill buddy don't entice them or backseat mod. I can take care of it.

Everyone else I still manage to moderate this thread even though I no longer own it.

As for the top 5:

Tesh

Smash Hero
It probably wouldn't hurt to link names to a list of player accomplishments that justify that spot. Sure this thread says to keep an eye on these players, but it doesn't tell us why. Just link to the post where all the wins were listed.

Steam

Smash Hero
I don't know, I didn't put the places up for everyone on this thread - I simply just took ownership and try to edit it as best as possible.

Are you interested in the spot?
Mind stating your wins/losses and results?
I don't have the accomplishments to be up there. all I am is 3rd in colorado.

I just want to know who that guy is and what he's done to be there above people like D. disciple or fonz who at least have done things.

he's an HN in upstate new york, along with someone who I know doesn't play the game anymore. :I

I just wanna know who he's beaten.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
I was listing some of my lesser player wins based off of what vato was doing. "Oh he has awex as a win? 9th on a CITY power rankings (lawlz) as his only credential? I guess I can put cam since he's actually on the AL power rankings". I think my only not so amazing wins I listed was like cam (ranked), saint (ranked at the time), and maybe ryker? IMO cam and saint are bigger wins than ryker, but ryker traveled with us to Vengeance and had a decent placing which is why I listed him to show what even some of our so called 'randoms' travel.
Awex travels to Mexico
I've been to Texas x2, NorCal x2, EC x2, Mexico about x5
Paper goes up to NorCal sometimes
Phoenix has been to OR
Raz has been all over
Vato went to last apex, AZ, nv, norcal etc.
Our randoms travel.

Also, Vato beat Raz when he was ranked
Vato also beat X, I don't know if he listed that.

And IMO
Kiraflax
X
SK92
AC

Are all just as comparable to:
4GOD
Kismet
Reflex
DRN lol

(Who has drn beat except Dojo btw???) Cause that's not really consistency, and there's about 1 nationally recognized top tier player in your region. Reflex, compared to the 6 or 7 in ours. Maaaaan

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
DRN is super consistent, he just doesn't live in a region with a bunch of super-powers so he has way less chances to play the best of the best. You can't say that just because X player has wins on 4 top players but is like 1-9 with each of them while Y player is 1-0 with 2 of them is better. It is a hard comparison. Also, from playing X/SK, they are worse than Kismet/4god/Reflex. I know AC is good, and X is legit, but I don't quite think the group is better. I would say a little worse than the GA/AL group.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Yeah, I feel you, but I would still place each of the 8 in the same tier except maybe Reflex.

But one tier down that It looks like Vato's wins are much better than P-1s.

Plus...

I 2-0ed BigLou
and am 1 - 3 or so with Vato

So inuilly speaking, Vato > BigLou.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Why is jerm over jash and kingtoon? Jash has wins in recent times like vinnie, mikehaze, etc. and kingtoon just beat nakat and atomsk and i think a couple others. Im not sure who jerms beaten but i know he hasnt beatern anybody of vinnie or mikes caliber because he hasnt beaten gnes razer or trela recently to my knowledge.
Kingtoon has NEVER beaten me. Get your facts right little guy.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Im not going to lie, I should definitely still be on the top 5 list for zss. Not only did I outplace YBM this weekend but the people are kinda of neglecting an extremely important fact about being best with a character, consistency.

Yes its true that Bio and YBM have some great wins, but to be quite frank they have some really bad losses as well. I have never lost to an upset. For the past few years I have only lost to top level players. DRN does pretty consistently and Salem and Nick are amazing, but I argue the other two have loses that I would not overlook.

YBM, bio- <3 nothing personal JS

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Compare that pool's skill density to Nicole's and mine:

Nicole
Dabuz
Hylian
Seagull
Espy

Ally
Player-1
Yukhoe
Illmatic
Dapuffster

I just got lucky being able to contend against a top level Japenese Wario/Peach because those are my two favorite matchups in the game. Player-1 just tried to camp me and he's not Gnes, so I timed him out. Dapuffster was pretty easy due to it being Jigglypuff and Ally was Ally.

Placement at Apex was 50% luck, 50% skill around the 49th/64th area.
Yeah man, people were talking about how 4GOD was instantly better than me because he made it out of R2 pools and I didn't.

He had
Snakeee (EZ)
Mr. R
Chibo (EZ)
Meekspeedy (EZ)

I had
Leon (Marth)
HolyNightmare (MK)
Xaltis (MK/Falco)
Sago (MK)

3 Mks and a Marth

Aiiyyaaahhh!

Tesh

Smash Hero
Im not going to lie, I should definitely still be on the top 5 list for zss. Not only did I outplace YBM this weekend but the people are kinda of neglecting an extremely important fact about being best with a character, consistency.

Yes its true that Bio and YBM have some great wins, but to be quite frank they have some really bad losses as well. I have never lost to an upset. For the past few years I have only lost to top level players. DRN does pretty consistently and Salem and Nick are amazing, but I argue the other two have loses that I would not overlook.

Just curious about what "bad losses" they have. I haven't heard of YBM losing to anyone horribly unexpected with ZSS. I can't remember Bio's worst losses (probably me) off the top of my head.

I'm curious if you feel anything besides consistency qualifies you as well. I think most would value a player capable of leaping higher (and falling lower) than consistency at a non-high level (I'm just guessing here, I've never heard of the people that place 2nd and below at DMTs).

Who is it that you consistently beat? What are your biggest wins?

:reverse:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Not necessarily. Anti Nairo is common. Japanese are mad different, playstyle wise. Anti do stands a chance but we'll never know since he always doesn't enter =L
I agree with Mr. R. The reason why Anti is my favorite mk to watch is because he plays by reading his opponent and adapts extremely fast. He doesn't just play based on previous knowledge and stick to a playstyle he is comfortable with. I probably wouldn't be able to touch him in tourney.

BioDG

Smash Ace

It's cool. I posted all my recent stuff and I didn't think I'd end up on the list so soon. Even more unexpecting was to see you off of it. I'm confident any issues will be sorted out and we'll see you back on, though. :]

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
talk about it as a group or we can wait until more results come in

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Kingtoon beat Nakat at Clash, that wasn't wrong

Give him some props damn

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Mah boii Wizzrobe beated kyon on Saturday.

And I'm on the verge of probably being a good Ganon, so ima be looking for top players to play me with him. :D

B_AWAL

Smash Master
4God is a beast... he has wins on every1 around his region minus ESAM...

1 day ill be a top 5 Sonic... 1 day

:sonic:

Also... vids of Nairo vs Anti!!!

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom