• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
X got banned cuz Gkirbs got on his account and trolled people lol. But hes back now.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Literally look at almost all results from any event I attend.

My drive to find all of them and post em < My drive to just point out something stupid that I see.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Bring them here, Atomsk.
They're YOUR results. No one's going to go out of their way to do it for you. :applejack:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I would do it for him since he'd probably be 3 above me, but it's hard to determine who he used ICs against in comparison to the other characters he plays at extremely high levels.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Croi is better than JNig, bucko. IMO, atleast. Better results, anyway.
Let me just say one thing about me vs Croi: I 2-1'd him in 1st round pools, trading 2-stocks, then 3-0'd him in a MM, with two 2-stocks and a 3-stock. Other than that, idk what I do other than keep losing close matches to Lee Martin and be thisclose to beating Orion to make it into APEX bracket, but I'm honored that I'm getting my name out there.
ok.

My post is from the end of January, but I think it still applies here.

kthxbi

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I agree, Jnig was pretty good at Apex.

Shoutouts to that whole room and the no-shower before round2 pools incident lol

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well Its not really a loss, but HOBO 38 won the Amateur bracket . Which is not bad, but why not in the pro bracket?

Xyro never posted the pools, but they were very unbalanced, Bio lost the tiebreaker with ALSM and then tore through the amateur bracket with apparent ease. I'm assuming ALSM is one of the people you consistently beat (same area right?) The tournament was pretty stacked and I'm not sure how far he would have gone in pro bracket, but if the pools had been balanced, he would have easily made it in.

Hobo 36/34- lost to sync, Ive seen him lose to PJ and Illmatic a few times as well. Which are not by any means bad losses. They are just losses I don't think I would have. He did a fantastic job beating Razer! But unfortunately he only beat razers snake 1 game. The first match razer went IC....IC....IC Thats a free win, and sadly it shows how much razer was taking the set seriously. Im not taking that win away from him though.

Not sure how free it is, didn't Vinnie just destroy Salem in that same matchup?
YBM- This one is intersting... His kirby is better than his zss for sure. He has lost to ALSM multiple times.. I saw him get 3 stocked on his own counterpick this weekend to Alsm with zss. He has loses to Fk and others. But he went kirby for fk, i think, so i dunno what wins and loses we can count.

Well look at this
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=323583
Bad Karma is the 3rd best person from our region. He came to this tourney and placed as well as YBM. Our 2nd best might have even done better. Also he ran into me in losers bracket so who knows how far he could of gotten.
*shrug*, I'm not really impressed by who he outplaced, no offense. Even if (without the bracket) I assume he would beat all of the players who placed 9th, I don't see how thats so great. It looks like they both just placed below or the same as everyone good (again no offense to anyone intended). I can probably go find some results of me placing the same as or above Illmatic/PJ/Sync/Jerm/Flip etc. but that doesn't really mean anything.
Also I go toe to toe with any top level player i play, I never get completely destroyed by any means (besides olimar -__-) As Im sure illmatic understands, I can get so close to causing an upset but just havnt quite pulled it in

"Hobo 36/34- lost to sync" "losses I don't think I would have"

But when Bio loses to Sync thats not something you think would happen to you?

Btw, if almost pulling upsets count for anything, I can vouch for Bio almost beating Trela back at WHOBO 3. A player that pretty much destroyed him like 2 months before that if I recall. He has been "almost" pulling major upsets pretty well too.

This

And its hard to understand what you mean by big wins. If you mean Everyone who is top 5 in texas then no one really but I have beaten Kprime,infinity,Type Ex and most people under that. If I haven't then that means I havnt played them

<3
Dakpo, you can't say losing to me should discredit Bio when iirc I've beaten you every time we've played in money matches aside from that one really small one at WHOBO 3. Bio has also beaten Sync and Pj too, can't discredit that.

We haven't played in well over a year, lmfao.

I'm positive you would also lose to Sync, Pj, and myself a few times here and there just like Bio.
Not even sure if I would drop a set to you with all the ZSS experience I have now, tbh.

5th and 4th spot are really debatable, but I wouldn't start throwing out exaggerated claims in an attempt to secure a spot.
I never said that they are not bad losses, FYI we are 1 and 1 in money matches and you could have all the experience against bio and such but my zss is nothing like his. I just dont think it would happen as often as it has
who knows if I would drop a set to sync PJ or you... i live 12 hours away so :/
That might be the problem I'm having here. Its hard to compare you, when I can't seem to find any results of you playing people I've....heard of. If you get what I mean. Its like if M2K lived in Alaska and placed 1st all the time there. It would be hard to just assume that makes him a better MK than Ally/Dojo/Anti/Nairo etc. right?

Its like when Salem just played wifi, or Japan before Apex. I'm not inclined to believe that beating Bad Karma and 69dude makes you better than Bio/Y.B.M. Maybe you are, but I don't see anything that really proves it.

Just throwing in my thoughts there.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
That might be the problem I'm having here. Its hard to compare you, when I can't seem to find any results of you playing people I've....heard of. If you get what I mean. Its like if M2K lived in Alaska and placed 1st all the time there. It would be hard to just assume that makes him a better MK than Ally/Dojo/Anti/Nairo etc. right?

Its like when Salem just played wifi, or Japan before Apex. I'm not inclined to believe that beating Bad Karma and 69dude makes you better than Bio/Y.B.M. Maybe you are, but I don't see anything that really proves it.

everyone has the right to their own opinon and I gree with a lot of it.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
That's a very fair opinion, it really bites that I live so far away. I'm moving to Denton in August so if anything I'll prove myself then

:phone:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Trust me, being the big fish in a small pond and actually having decent results behind you just gets your posts dismissed.

From, Someone who knows.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Why isn't the SOnic 1st and 2nd the same as Diddy Kong?

Cuz Espy = X but their playstyles are like 2 sides of a coin when it comes to Sonic

:sonic:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I'm pretty ****ing sure Dakpo is a top 5 zss, it shouldn't even be debated. It's more of where on the list he is, considering he lives like a billion miles away from the rest of the texas scene and doesn't get many chances to play at tournies besides his monthlies.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Trust me, being the big fish in a small pond and actually having decent results behind you just gets your posts dismissed.

From, Someone who knows.
But your results suck...You get top 3 at 8 man locals. Whenever you have gone out of state from Nebraska, your results are usually last or close to last.

:018:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
But your results suck...You get top 3 at 8 man locals. Whenever you have gone out of state from Nebraska, your results are usually last or close to last.
#1-I lose to Fino Top 5 Oli, has been forever
#2-I lose to MJG Top 1 TL, has been forever
#3-I lose to Joker #1 in my heart and really good.
#4-I lose to Lux #1 in everyones heart and definitely a top 7 IC's at worst, is getting better.
#5-I lose to Tyser :dedede: who would **** your :wolf:, The Narcissist Joe Seagullman Raucher's :wolf: . You might win with :metaknight: but it's okay, I actually main my character instead of hiding during bad matchups. I've said he's probably top 5 but I mean he does have a winning record vs the #1 player in Nebraska.

Trent lololol

This is all in-state, btw.

Bragging about wins doesn't matter unless it's landmark like beating "terrible players from my region" (i.e. the #1-3 PR'd or further down the ladder) players from Kentucky (done that), Missouri (yep), Iowa (thank you bpow, and potentially some 09 wins vs great players like Jlo, please don't **** me too hard on the 30th), my own state (beating Thugz isn't as easy as it looks, Lumi lost to him and he's really, really good.), South Dakota and Minnesota (if you count Money Match sets worth 10 sacks I got a LOT of quality wins but idk if it's smashboards safe :p)

Losses are what matters. You would have/have had difficulty beating some of those dudes.

And that's not even close to my results, I go 3-2 on average OOS and I get 13th/17th/9th at events, some of the 13ths were at ~35 people OOS tourneys, which is really impressive considering how spread out everything is in the MW:W. I'm tied for like 10th or something on the Local Circut that's been abandoned out of like everyone in the KS/IA/MO/NE area (that Fino has my points wrong because knowing who Rob and Megarob are is really difficult).

This isn't to say I havne't bottomed out, I got 2nd in my pool and bottomed out to Hylian and Metal Music Man :dedede: , who is some "bad" player from Missouri, at the 2nd Kahoka.

I over perform every bad matchup in the game other than dedede vs multiple samples from areas around the region.

:pikachu: :wario: :sheilda: :diddy: :pit: (used to be a +1 matchup until I got a hold of it, right kryz?)

M@v

Subarashii!
I mean, at the last OOS tournament in the MW:W:W I had to play the winner of Zeton and Fino...in WINNERS.
Still sounds easier than a NJ tournament to me.

The last NJ local I went to, I had gunblade first round winners, then Mew2King in the 2nd round.

Also at that same tournament in teams I had to face Vinnie and Nairo first round of winners, and jbandrew and logic in the first round of losers.

Not *****ing; I expect NJ to have really hard brackets. I'm just saying it can be a lot worse. You didn't even specify if it was first round you got in that situation. Also if your a good player, you should be able to tear through loser's bracket if you get bracket ****ed in winners.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero

That's a very fair opinion, it really bites that I live so far away. I'm moving to Denton in August so if anything I'll prove myself then

From, Someone who knows.
Boy do I know this feeling -_-

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
#1-I lose to Fino Top 5 Oli, has been forever
#2-I lose to MJG Top 1 TL, has been forever
#3-I lose to Joker #1 in my heart and really good.
#4-I lose to Lux #1 in everyones heart and definitely a top 7 IC's at worst, is getting better.
#5-I lose to Tyser :dedede: who would **** your :wolf:, The Narcissist Joe Seagullman Raucher's :wolf: . You might win with :metaknight: but it's okay, I actually main my character instead of hiding during bad matchups. I've said he's probably top 5 but I mean he does have a winning record vs the #1 player in Nebraska.

Trent lololol

This is all in-state, btw.

Bragging about wins doesn't matter unless it's landmark like beating "terrible players from my region" (i.e. the #1-3 PR'd or further down the ladder) players from Kentucky (done that), Missouri (yep), Iowa (thank you bpow, and potentially some 09 wins vs great players like Jlo, please don't **** me too hard on the 30th), my own state (beating Thugz isn't as easy as it looks, Lumi lost to him and he's really, really good.), South Dakota and Minnesota (if you count Money Match sets worth 10 sacks I got a LOT of quality wins but idk if it's smashboards safe :p)

Losses are what matters. You would have/have had difficulty beating some of those dudes.

And that's not even close to my results, I go 3-2 on average OOS and I get 13th/17th/9th at events, some of the 13ths were at ~35 people OOS tourneys, which is really impressive considering how spread out everything is in the MW:W. I'm tied for like 10th or something on the Local Circut that's been abandoned out of like everyone in the KS/IA/MO/NE area (that Fino has my points wrong because knowing who Rob and Megarob are is really difficult).

This isn't to say I havne't bottomed out, I got 2nd in my pool and bottomed out to Hylian and Metal Music Man :dedede: , who is some "bad" player from Missouri, at the 2nd Kahoka.

I over perform every bad matchup in the game other than dedede vs multiple samples from areas around the region.

:pikachu: :wario: :sheilda: :diddy: :pit: (used to be a +1 matchup until I got a hold of it, right kryz?)
1) I'd beat Tyser most likely.

2) Every region you said besides Kansas isn't good.

3) Going a secondary in tournament when a matchup is horrid isn't necessarily hiding during bad matchups, it's smarter because I'll have a better chance of advancing in tournament. There is no :wolf: anymore that even attempts the :dedede: matchup in tourney besides you (Props to that though because I admire the dedication/persistence). Why would I want to play a -3 matchup when I can play a +2/+3?

4) Fino isn't an idiot and knows Rob=MegaRobMan. He calls you Rob Moore every 5 seconds.

5) I go even with Fino, never played Mjg except in doubles, have lost to Lux at Apex, but intend to rectify that this Saturday in a money match, know nothing of Joker's performances, but just remember Kain beating him silly, and I have played Coney consistently enough to only lose to top :dedede:'s, which I don't think Tyser is. I'll go watch a video of Tyser and tell ya what I think.

6) LOL. It isn't hard to have a winning record in Nebraska vs the top 3 if one is a :dedede: and the other two are a :wolf: and :sonic:...

7) Impress me with a good placing or good win and I will consider you a top 5 in my eyes and give you a recommendation on this silly list.

Edit: Watched this video of you vs Tyser http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEVYSgEATa0. You both play so wonky. I don't know why you ever approach with a shine unless he is suffering lag from a move like when he up b'd onto stage, which you probably should've Fsmash'd because that would've netted you more damage overall. At least make it a jumpshine so you don't get punished...You need to space better. This same problem I keep mentioning :wolf:'s don't do, which is go back to the basics. Retreating Fair and retreating Bair on :dedede:'s shield cannot be grabbed and diminishes his shield and allows you to bait Fsmash's when he attempts to grab it. Tyser plays really poorly in this matchup too because he has no reason to jump/be in the air when you're grounded. That's asking to be punished. What reason does he have to be above :wolf: besides when sent flying from a move? :dedede: is safer either using a RAR Bair, walking, using Ftilt, or just plain dashing in for the grab. RAR Bair being the safest and best option because it also causes a tripping animation, which leads into a grab on :wolf:. His Bair'ing over stage from the edge can be Dsmash'd by :wolf: when timed right. Finally, you NEED to get back on stage safer. You choose so many poor options when getting back on stage. Try using Ledgehop lasers to bait him to backing off and then side b'ing perfectly on stage OR use shine when coming back on stage like me and Semifer do. Supah safe.

I know I am an *** to you at times Rob, but I still want you to improve and impress me/become a top 5 :wolf: and not just arbitrarily saying it.

Coney

Smash Master
I mean, at the last OOS tournament in the MW:W:W I had to play the winner of Zeton and Fino...in WINNERS.
it's this kinda attitude that makes people discredit you btw

are those two good? yes.

are those two insurmountable? no.

fighting people at that level regularly is what good players DO, it shouldn't be something you're indignant about

i think the whole "big fish small pond" is bull**** btw, unless you go out and prove it like X has, you're just making excuses

M@v

Subarashii!

are those two good? yes.

fighting people at that level regularly is what good players DO, it shouldn't be something you're indignant about

i think the whole "big fish small pond" is bull**** btw, unless you go out and prove it like X has, you're just making excuses

This. You can't go and say "I'm a good player!......but I lose to other good players!"

It doesn't work like that. It turns out that becoming a good player *gasp* requires you to consistently play other good players, and win vs a fair amount of them.

Its all about consistency.

P.S if you wanna pull the big fish little pond BS., I'm literally the ONLY player within 2 hours driving that is well known. I don't have anyone near my level to practice against on a regular basis, especially since my primary practice partner stopped playing competitively about a year ago. I do good whenever I travel to tourneys, but not great. I gotta grind solo practice sessions to improve.

TL:DR Its possible to be good from an obscure area like X has, but you have to put the time in and not make excuses.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

are those two good? yes.

Dats my :dedede: <3. Zakkkkkkkk, go to Xanadu tonight!

Also, shame on you for comparing a :fox: to yourself. As a :wolf: main, you should always want to play and beat :fox:'s.

M@v

Subarashii!
Dats my :dedede: <3. Zakkkkkkkk, go to Xanadu tonight!

Also, shame on you for comparing a :fox: to yourself. As a :wolf: main, you should always want to play and beat :fox:'s.

Next time I play you seagull, its :fox: vs :wolf:. Falco's too mainstream plus I need practice vs wolf with fox. Much less comfortable in the mu than I am with Falco.

we should start on lylat too, because its :fox: vs :wolf:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Next time I play you, its :fox: vs :wolf:. Falco's too mainstream plus I need practice vs wolf with fox. Much less comfortable in the mu than I am with Falco.

we should start on lylat too, because its :fox: vs :wolf:
Sounds good. I love playing :fox:'s.

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah, I think its a really even mu; I just don't have enough experience in it.

P.S If we would ever team for some reason I'd be extremely tempted to do fox and wolf XD

BPx

Smash Lord
Rob I can't even remember the last time I played you, I think it was when I bodied you with Wario then lost the set with MK/Donkey Kong cause I was pissed off that day... but if you want to try to claim a top5 spot you need to at least come to Joker's tourneys sometimes... :s

Player-3

Smash Hero
Yeah, I think its a really even mu; I just don't have enough experience in it.

P.S If we would ever team for some reason I'd be extremely tempted to do fox and wolf XD
wolf gimps fox with double shine np so dont get hit offstage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom