• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
This thread isnt a waste of time. It is an entertaining discussion that also increases our awareness of everyone else for their particular character in other regions because all results are filtered back here.

:phone:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Gives low (and some mid) tier mains motivation to compete. They sure as hell ain't playing for the money

edit: It's nice how since Krystedez doesn't want it anymore he calls it a "stupid thing", considering he's the one who revived Coney's effort.
You guys call it a bad thread all the time; why can't I? :troll:

In any case I was just exhibiting some frustration with my inability to keep up with the scene as much as I could.

But yeah I revived it mostly with the same purpose as Illmatic presents, but my weight in the scene isn't as formidable as his. Even so, I've declined in my ability to soak up all these names. I used to think I was getting better at recognizing the scene. Now I don't know what I am anymore.

#identitycrisis

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Illmatic is now the owner of the thread.

Good Luck

btw @ Illmatic, lemme know if you want me to do any graphics / updates visually to the thread for you, I can do that pretty easily. And if you need help organizing the list just PM me bro. But if you got it, cool.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Thanks, Krys!
I'm going to start scheming ideas and stuff right now.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Short leash policy is now back on.

Stay on topic with the thread please

Hopefully the transition is seamless and moderator intervention on my end is only minimally called for

z00ted

Vinnie, state your recent wins/placings with Zelda.

Edit: What do you guys think of this idea?

Every time I update, I'm going to put a collapse box with reasoning as to why a certain player moved up or down. I'll state their recent wins/accomplishments or their losses, maybe even activity could be taken into consideration? I feel as though this will provide a much more accurate depiction of the Top 5 Thread and solves that 'Hall of Fame' idea we had in mind before.

i.e, Chu/Jungebug are currently placed extremely low due to inactivity, not results.

'player x" moved up from recent success at (insert tournament here) defeating, (insert players defeated here)

allshort17

Smash Ace
After you and Vinnie figure out if he can be a top 5 Zelda, I say we look at the list over again starting with the top of the tier list and working down (the most recent tier list.) It would be an easy way to keep organization along with ocused conversation and it means no more week arguments on best *insert low tier character here.*

z00ted

ok gtfo then, before I call my mods on you

After you and Vinnie figure out if he can be a top 5 Zelda, I say we look at the list over again starting with the top of the tier list and working down (the most recent tier list.) It would be an easy way to keep organization along with ocused conversation and it means no more week arguments on best *insert low tier character here.*
I'm working on this already.
It's a good idea, but it doesn't need to be done for every character.
I have general knowledge on what needs to be updated and what doesn't to save time.

**** I GOTTA REFORMAT FOR THE NEW TIER LIST

Player-1, no.

M@v

Subarashii!
Derp. Forgot about Zeton. I'm more active than him, but his fox is definitely better than mine. Tbh he should probably be 4th...

His biggest win recently was a mm win over Mr.R at apex.

I've won tourney matches and a doubles tournament with zelda before, is that good enough for top 5?

z00ted

M@v, who did you beat?
Mocha deserves her fifth spot currently.

M@v

Subarashii!
The only important person I've beat with Zelda is blue rogue, but that was way back last july, other then that just randoms :3

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah thats fine :). Zelda isn't really my main character; just a pocket one that I use on the occasional blind/cp.

z00ted

Illmatic I can rearrange the tiers with my format for you if you want, unless you are going to use your own format?
If you could do that really fast, it would be really cool.
Thanks in advance.

Illmatic, what should we do about Peach?

Should we still consider Nicole or take her off since she quit?
I'm going to probably move you above her due to inactivity and you racking up a lot more impressive wins as of recent. She's going to WHOBO 4, though.

Yeah thats fine :). Zelda isn't really my main character; just a pocket one that I use on the occasional blind/cp.
That's cool. Most people don't main Zelda but can still perform well with her (Vinnie).
Just rack up some wins if you want to be on the list.

z00ted

exact same diddy list, put biglou in place of lie, take lie off. done
What are your recent wins/losses with Diddy? Because Vato is likely going to move up shortly based off of what I've seen comparing the two of you.

Being serious, btw.

Player-1

Smash Legend
i don't feel like digging up all of my wins right now, BigLou should just be #3 all I really care about, but off the top of my head last tournament I beat micaelis, tournament before that I beat DRN and Micaelis, tournament before that I beat Reflex and Kismet.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Ill, instead of updating the OP for each tier list, why not just go in alphabetical order?

And you have Crohn's? Cool. I have ulcerative colitis, which is pretty similar iirc. Therefore, we should team at some point :awesome:

z00ted

i don't feel like digging up all of my wins right now, BigLou should just be #3 all I really care about, but off the top of my head last tournament I beat micaelis, tournament before that I beat DRN and Micaelis, tournament before that I beat Reflex and Kismet.
Why should BigLou be #3?
You can't just say something without backing it up with evidence.

Can I be the best Zss now?
I was going to get to that, state your recent wins.
I want to hear NickRiddle's too.

Player-3

Smash Hero
ok gtfo then, before I call my mods on you

I'm working on this already.
It's a good idea, but it doesn't need to be done for every character.
I have general knowledge on what needs to be updated and what doesn't to save time.

**** I GOTTA REFORMAT FOR THE NEW TIER LIST

Player-1, no.
i'm not player 1

Player-1

Smash Legend
biglou's beaten reflex, player-3, kismet, 4god, and myself (x2) (although he used a bit of luigi in one of the sets to beat me)

edit: he outplaces me at every tournament (although he has a bit of help from snake, he lost to DRN with diddy and then beat him with snake for example, same with p3 in one set) and I'm #4 diddy (and I definitely should be above vato, no question tbh)

z00ted

Ill, instead of updating the OP for each tier list, why not just go in alphabetical order?

And you have Crohn's? Cool. I have ulcerative colitis, which is pretty similar iirc. Therefore, we should team at some point :awesome:
Because I honestly just like it the way it is.
People are used to reading it off of how the tier list is structured, I don't want to mess with it.

lmfao @ teaming because we have the same deficiency
im down

z00ted

biglou's beaten reflex, player-3, kismet, 4god, and myself (x2) (although he used a bit of luigi in one of the sets to beat me)
Thanks.
Alright, so I'm going to figure this Vato, Player-1, and BigLou thing out.

Namesearch, activate (I'm also going to post on these people's SWF wall).

Post your wins/losses and recent tournaments (link please) if you want to secure your spot on the OP's list. If you're going to be lazy, I'll just move you down due to lack of evidence. I know a lot, but not everything.

z00ted

Who did you beat at Apex and who did you beat at that one tournament you attended before that (your first one)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom