• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Thing - Game Concluded. What would have happened posted, mysteries tomorrow

smashman90

Smash Lord
Guys, I suggest we should find some copper wires, a rope (s), and a flamethrower or something similar to that. Then we should all meet in one room and then we do the blood test. And we will find out who is one of those things.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Rec Room.
Put on skates. (Actually do it this time)
Grab Radio, one pole cube , the 3-solid ball and the White ball.
With DeathWeaver, go to B1 stairs slide on butt down stairs.
Skate to armory.

Duke

Actually, I talked to Deathweaver and I'm actually going to make a pit stop first.

I'm in the rec room. I still want to put my skates on.
Go: Through mess hall to Kitchen

"I'm going to meet up with deathweaver in the armory later".

"Let deathweaver take the radio I'll go to the kitchen without and then meet up with him at the armory. I think since I'm the chef I can find important things easier then other people."

"When I meet up with him I'll tell everyone what I found, if I did, since he will have a radio."

Deathreaver780

Smash Ace
yeah, so RIGHT NOW: recroom
Go to: Grab a radio and and go downstairs 2 B1 and 2 the armory. Once there search EVERYWHERE for grenades, handguns,knives etc. (and if there are more radios in the armory, search for those.)
edit for **** sig again.... *sigh*

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
stupid people...

From Lab B: I grab the remaining radio and stand outside of the door and wait for the rest of the people to exit and meet me in the hall.

Now we won't be able to thoroughly search this room for a while. Unless... I ask Mr. Biologist (aka Norris, aka common) exactly what these fumes are? Okay, lets all stop being hasty, if we keep making sudden movements like this we will all die. Period. Lets stick together and make calm sound decitions, please...
Also, as far as checking goes, don't forget on counters underneath them... take drawers out all the way too. look behind things you can move, tear the base apart if you have to guys.

Number 1 objective should be batteries without those we'll die from cold instead of from the thing.
Number 2 should be medical equipment to treat wounds and/or... poisions... and more importantly we have Norris' heart to worry about.
Number 3 should be weapons, because unless the thing is completely ********... he isn't just going to jump out and start attacking people while they are in a larger group. If it was that strong it would have already done it.

Oh, and while I'm here I'm going to keep an eye pointed in the direction the doctor would be coming from on his way over to the to Lab B

smashman90

Smash Lord
<3, what should we do? If you and me go and take Norris (aka common) to the doctor's room, we leave Marthmaster alone, and frozenflame is nowhere to be found. He could be one of those things and it might try to get Marthmaster.

Duke

I'm made a checklist for places to check if you need to copy and paste and just put "check these places" before it.

Draws
Cabinets
Top of table
Under table
Behind door
On counters (if any)
Behind chairs
Desks (draws)

Depending on room:
Closets
Sinks
Large objects like a pool table (in holes)
Pull down every book in library
Behind tvs

Also, look for flashlights. We will be able to look A LOT better and I'm not sure exactly what kind of battery the generator needs but we could use the flashlight batteries for other uses including the generator.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Since Childs/<3 is with us now.

Outside Lab B
Smashman90 and I decided to wait for the remaining people outside the lab. We dont know if Marthmaster92 ditched us or not.

"Silly Childs. I am a geologist. I am completely useless here. Here's the plan I shared with Smashman as we were waiting:
(Forgive the spelling errors)
I have a plan that can help everyone, but for it to work, all the players have to be in one spot at the same time. Everyone goes to the "Survailence Room". We leave three or four behind with a radio as the monitors of the Base. The rest split into two groups and search around. We make sure that those who were seperated by themselves are split up to reduce any chances of infection. (Example: We will not be in the same group because we were alone together at one point.)

What do you think?

PS: I have no idea what the Survailence Room really is so this may not work. I had the idea that it would be filled with TV screens.
Please dont slow down the group for my sake. There's no point in finding te defibulator is the group ends up frozen.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Well right now he's fine and stable, but he does have a heart condition and this is a stressful situation. medical tools like a defibulator would definitely be useful.

Also, I'm assuming you aren't going to the other lab now?

And yeah... everyone I'm serious if "the get up and go" aditude doesn't stop those of us who do want to keep groups organized and safe will tie you up and drag you from room to room while we search, I don't know about you but the fewer things we have here the better...

smashman90

Smash Lord
I will go to lab C and check it out if you want me to guys. If I find something useful then I will bring it with me. I will leave instantly if I see a thing and if it's blocking the door then I'll shout as loud as possible.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
whoops, my bad people's dumbness must be rubbing off on me.

Fuchs(skywalker) and Blair(Ligolski), any idea what those chemicals on the table were?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
<3, what should we do? If you and me go and take Norris (aka common) to the doctor's room, we leave Marthmaster alone, and frozenflame is nowhere to be found. He could be one of those things and it might try to get Marthmaster.
What do you mean I'm nowhere to be found? I left the room just like you guys did, so I'm assuming I'm just standing in the hall with the rest of you. Also, I beleive I'm the one with the key, not you since I was the one who opened drawer #3. You (smashman) probably just got confused when eorlingas said that you saw exactly what I did. He meant you saw the same things in drawer one as I did.

Anyway, smashman, you're the biologist so I'm going to hand you the the chloroethane and ask you to tell us what we can use this chloroethane for.

I also suggest the you guys let Eorlingas catch up a bit and refrain from posting too many times between his updates. Remember, just because you post saying you want to do something doesnt mean it is going to happen, which means any actions you decide to post afterwards may be invalid if your previous action doesn'tgo as planned. Just bear that in mind, and try to prevent this game from becoming impossible to follow.

Oh and Happy New Year to everyone from the east coat! ^_^

smashman90

Smash Lord
Sorry. You just didn't specified where you were going to when you left and that made me worry. As for info. about the chloroethane, here it is:

1. It is a gasoline additive. It is a colorless, flammable gas or refrigerated liquid with a faintly sweet odor.

2. It is also known as ethyl chloride. ethyl chloride has been used as a refrigerant, an aerosol spray propellant, an anesthetic, and a blowing agent for foam packaging

3. The vapor is flammable and narcotic, which requires care.

4.Ethyl chloride is a narcotic inhalant drug, sometimes referred to as "Duster".

That's all I know.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Flammable eh? That could be a useful defense mechanism. Well, do you want to keep it or do you want me to hold on to it for you? (Remember I gave the bottle to you so it's your decision as to what we do with it.)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I'm really against making groups of two or sending one off by himself. I say we wait for the Doctor(Sheepyman) before all of us start searching Lab C. We dont have to wait. It would just be ideal.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I doubt that there is nobody in Lab. C but I can wait. Oh, and another thing about the chloroethane. It's not that hazardous if only a little bit is released but it could be a problem if there was a lot more of it in the air. Plus any other gases that were released. So we should be careful of what we touch. We don't know what other effects it might have now that it has mixed in with other chemicals.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
What do you mean by "now that it has mixed with other chemicals"? That chloroethane I gave you is untainted. I'm guessing you're talking about the chemicals that marthmaster spilled, but we don't know for sure what those chemicals were exactly.

By the way Marthmaster, why did you take the table cloth in the first place?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
There probably isn't anyone in the lab. Sheepyman or Marthmaster92 could be in there though.

I could go alone. I'm willing to sacrifice myself in case there's a Thing in there. :p If anything wrong happens, I could always call for help. That's your cue to save me. (What if we leave the door open?)

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wouldn't do that smashman, seeing as how marthmaster took the other radio we started with. I have one as well. If you wander off by yourself without a radio we have no way of knowing what you're doing. Also, just to avoid any confusion, NOBODY is in Lab C. That's impossible because everyone either started in Lab B or the rec room. Also, we don't have to wait for sheepyman because he was orginally thedocsalive who started in the rec room. As a matter of fact, nobody in our "group" has to wait for anyone else because we are currently an anarchy group. Speaking of which, how exactly do we change our group type?

I also realized that I said it was smashman who thought he took the key when that was actually marthmaster. My bad.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Actions don't take place unless I post saying they do. If there is a lull in what I'm doing, then just talk. Don't stack action on top of action. You're not ninjas. You cant do 800 things at once.

Also, BOLD YOUR ACTIONS. Saying you do something while you're talking (Like Duke) is very easy to skip. From now on, I won't count it. I don't want to be a grinch, but if you do not move neatly, then I will not be able to see it.

Here is an example, from my fake game I posted.

Dodongo: "Hey guys, I'm Dodongo. I'm going to go get ****ed up off of this barrel of weed I found."

I get ****ed up off of this barrel of weed

Just like that.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Marthmaser92 goes to grab the Key. However, Frozenflame is blocking the drawer. He covers up his mouth and runs out. He then jumps into Lab C. He has no radio.

Smashman and Commonyoshi both run out as well

Frozenflame grabs the key, pockets it, grabs the chloroethane and a radio, then runs out.

Duke grabs two cue balls, a radio, and a cue. He walks out, and head so the Kitchen.

Deathreaver780 gets the radio from Duke, and heads down the stairs to Basement 1. He gets there, but hasn't reached the armory yet

(Notice: Sigs do not matter. DO NOT EDIT YOUR POST, EVEN IF YOU POSTED YOUR SIG. You will not get a warning. I'll let the mods know. Don't worry about a signature. Just don't edit)

<3 grabs the remaining radio, and then waits outside the room. He looks for the doctor

Frozenflame 751 hands the chloroethane to Smashman

I also suggest the you guys let Eorlingas catch up a bit and refrain from posting too many times between his updates. Remember, just because you post saying you want to do something doesnt mean it is going to happen, which means any actions you decide to post afterwards may be invalid if your previous action doesn'tgo as planned. Just bear that in mind, and try to prevent this game from becoming impossible to follow.
LISTEN TO THIS MAN.

If you did something, and I didn't post it, then it never happened. However, if I missed it completely, and it was your first action, tell me.

If you disagree, PM me.

Duke, Marthmaster92, and Sheepyman do not have a radio. They cannot post in the thread until further notice

Since most of you guys are in one area, you can post in the thread without radios. But you guys should form groups up. Read the group rules if you don't remember.

Tell me if I made a mistake.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
:mad: Lousy people running off by themselves. I guess I wait outside the lab with <3 and mayber Smashman90.

Since we can communicate because we're within earshot, there's not much point in being overly cautious in exploring Lab C. One person can just wait at the door.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Commonyoshi heads into Lab C. Without a radio, he CANNOT post in the thread.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Deathreaver goes to the armory, and jiggles the door. However, it's locked! He cannot open it, and it looks too strong to break down.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
See what I mean? Thats why we can't go running around like idiots Deathreaver...
(Not espeacially mad, but come on guys... if we keep up at this rate...)

I'm going to put the radio in my jacket pocket, and agian I'm checking down the hall for the doctor and stretch

actually... maybe we should just walk around the corner and go get him?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
use bold tags Deathreaver [b*] and [/b*] without the '*'s makes thinsg bold, put all of your actions in here.

I think Duke tried to skate down the stairs... and failed.

DR780 (new name for you) if he didn't come to the armory how do you know he went to the kitchen?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
and don't edit you posts! you can do this, and just post a new post telling the error you made and what you meant to say.
P.S. (If you forget you sig it's not the end of the world... look at me.)

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
What do you mean by "now that it has mixed with other chemicals"? That chloroethane I gave you is untainted. I'm guessing you're talking about the chemicals that marthmaster spilled, but we don't know for sure what those chemicals were exactly.

By the way Marthmaster, why did you take the table cloth in the first place?
i took the table cloth to carry things in. if tied up right, it can be a handy bag.

Top Bottom