• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Thing - Game Concluded. What would have happened posted, mysteries tomorrow

Fiery_Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
No, no. It just means that, if someone stops playing (gets bored, things like that), then I go through the replacement list to find someone to play that guys role. Mafia games usually have around 2-3 replacements per game, and this requires more activity.

I'm surprised so many people want to play this. Now I'm afraid this is going to be a terrible game and an embarrassment.

Also, if you see a loop-hole (as several of you have), please PM me with what you see.
For your concern, Eor, I'm sure a lot of people want to play simply because it is a breath of fresh air to the forum games. It is a new game, it sounds incredibly interesting, I'm sure people are intrigued, making them want to play.

Take a look at the mafia games, for example. They have been done so many times, I'm sure some people are starting to find that they are getting old. They have been made so many times that some people get bored of them, so they take longer to fill up all of their spots.

Simply put, this is a new game, and people want to try it, and see if it is as good as it sounds.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll be a replacement!

EDIT: I don't know if there's space left. I think I just spent thirty minutes reading the rules...

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
I'll step out of the replacement line. It seems like you have a lot of interested people, plus I'm going to be pretty busy anyway. Good luck to all the players!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
There isn't a cap on replacement numbers. I just put 5 up there because it looked like a good number. I never expected to get more then 1 or 2. I did go ahead and take you out Thedocsalive, but if you post saying you want back in before the game starts, I'll move you up to 1st replacement again. Otherwise (if you want back in) you will have to be at the bottom.

Also, Loopholes. You guys claimed you found them, but none of you have told me what they are. If a Loophole does come out that someone breaks the game or unfairly benefits your character, don't expect me to just lie back and let you exploit it. Tell me now.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Eor, have you considered making a map? That way we could know where all the rooms are, etc. You could even mark it with who's where (or at least, where people say they are or are going), though I would understand if you want there to be an element of memory involved.

Still, a general idea of the layout of the base would help a lot. That way you don't get me and EE saying, "Is there an armory? Well there should be. Ok, we go there. Is there a restroom nearby? I jump out the window. What? This room's in the middle of the base? Then what am I leaping at--*splat*"

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
MAP OF THE BASE

(Map is not finished yet. I drew one, but it is more of a key. I wrote what was in what room, and things like that. It is also not very pretty. I am making another one, which I will post sometime in the near future, before the game begins.)
voila

Although I'm not doing to add your positions to it, since there are will be some times where someone is hiding. I decided that I'm going to change the rule to where, when you move, you have to say where you are first, and then where you are going. I'll update that later.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Double post, but..meh.

I want you all to know that I am currently about to start final exams. They end next wednsday. While I will be visiting the website, I won't be active enough to run this. So, it is delayed for 6 days. I will definetly have the map done, along with roles. So, once I am active, I will just post, and let it start. Don't worry about having to check the thread, I will PM everyone on the list when the game starts.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Take me off the list, I know I'm not going to go on this website nearly as much as the other people playing this game.

Good luck with the new game though, hope it's a success Eor.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Guess it's a good thing we have replacements.

<3 and Deathreaver, you've been bumped up.

Tetaway: This game requires you to be active. I'm kind of hesitant, since you have so little posts. But I'll let you be a replacement. Just know that you'll have to be active, if you are ever called up.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
EE, Scav you guys are lucky.

Hopefully one more person drops before it gets too serious.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Well, Im here to say the same thing as in the Sicily Mafia game. I would like to sign out because I won't be able to get on during the holidays(starting next week). Since I don't want to spoil the game for others I'm signing out.

Again, my apologies.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
No. I have finals, and I'm not going to spend my time modding a game when I should be studying. After finals the game will start. Expect it in 2-3 three days.

Deathreaver780

Smash Ace
Ok, well Ill try my best at this game , but just warning u Eor, I may have 2 sign off on like sunday cuz christmas eve and I think I going somewhere else for christmas. I might! just warning ya! :) btw I give props for being so creative and wanting 2 make an active game like this awesome job! :)

Ronike

Smash Ace
Speaking of leaves of absences, I wil for sure be gone next thursday, and then will be less active until the 5th. Please don't replace me even then unless my inactivity is a problem, as barring computer problems I should be able to get on some.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I updated this with the maps. Tell me if you see something wrong, although I don't know what it could be.

Game will be starting soon.

Tetaway

Smash Apprentice
Floor one has an empty room, under the radio room. And the Vault has no doors leading to it.

Other then that, it looks very complex.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I went down to my sisters college for two days, so I wont be able to start this thing. I'm on her computer now, but I'm not going to spend too much time here.

So, another day or two.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
one question really: why is there a random door in a hallway in basement 1???

and wow this is very complex!

smashman90

Smash Lord
Hey Eor, how many replacement characters do you need? Oh and what would happen if one of the infected chooses to head straight for the helicopter? Do they win if they manage to leave in the helicopter or what happens?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Bah. Latter tonight or Tommorrow. I would totally start this now, but I'm at my sister's college, and don't have the roles written up on this computer. And don't think I'm going to write them up twice. I mean, I'm a **** writer. I procastinate enough, without having me to do it twice.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
It's fine. Everyone will be inactive for the same amount of time and have dandy PM's from Eor as a Christmas gift telling them what happened after their last move.

Also, Eor, you should've PMed the stuff to yourself before leavin'. Yeah. Take that.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
We all know that Eor hasn't even written up the characters he just knows he can do it in one night so he will just procrastinate.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Dang it, I am getting so excited about this even though I am a replacement, but oh well. I have even started making strategies for both the human and the infected sides. And Eor, that thing I said earlier about if one of the infected heads straight for the copter and manages to escape, I believe that part is a loophole or it might be one.

Top Bottom