• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Thing - Game Concluded. What would have happened posted, mysteries tomorrow

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Smashman, I got it figured out. Someone pointed that out to me already, and I have devised a way to fix that.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
no, it will require two keys. Whether people start out with said keys, or have to find them, I wont say.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm surprised that last post came out coherently.

Due to an unlucky combination of Alcohol and...Alcohol, the roles aren't written up yet. Expect it tonight.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Yeah, let's get this game started with. I know we have to wait for at least 8 people, but still, the more we wait, the more inactive we will be. Because I am gonna start school again and I won't be as active as usual and that will be the case for some of us. So we need to get this game started asap. Wow, we need just one more person to start this.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
As proof that this is comming along, this is a who's whom

Chill- R.J. MacReady (Helicopter Pilot)

Ligolski- Blair (Senior Biologist)

Duke- Nauls (Cook)

Deathreaver780- Palmer (Assistant Mechanic)

<3- Childs (Chief Mechanic)

Sheepyman- Copper (Doctor)

Commonyoshi- Norris (Geologist)

MarthMaster92- Bennings (Meteorologist)

Camo-Man- Clark (Dog Handler)

Ronike
- Garry (Station Manager)

Skywalker- Fuchs (Assistant Biologist)

Frozenflame751- Windows (Radio Operator)

Unlike Mafia, you all know eachother's role. However, you have no idea who is infected or not.

I am still working on the actual role descriptions.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
All of the roles were sent out. Please respond to them, or post in the thread. If there are any troubles, PM me.

I am writing the starting post now. After it is posted, the game will begin!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
TEAM MEMBERS OF OUTPOST #35

R.J. MacReady (Helicopter Pilot)- MacReady is a loner and an alcoholic, who requested to his quarters away from the rest of the team members. However, he still keeps a room inside. He is the best pilot in the team, and is a quick thinker. He is 35 years old. Played byChill

-------------------------------------

Childs (Chief Mechanic)
- Childs is a very strong man, and the Chief mechanic. He is pretty hot headed, and is not seen as a leader. He is able to fix almost anything mechanical. He is 33 years old. Played by<3

-----------------------------------

Nauls (Cook)
– Nauls is the Cook of the team, and spends most of his time in the kitchen. He likes to roller blade through the halls of the base, and listens to rock n’ roll music. His favorite dish to prepare is “Mystery Meat of the Day”. He is bright, but also irreverent. He is 22 years old. Played byDuke

Palmer (Assistant Mechanic)
– Palmer is the Assistant Mechanic behind Childs, and is able to fix most mechanical things. However, he does have his troubles with certain things, mainly computers and vehicles. He is the second pilot, but is not as skilled as MacReady. He is 35. Played byDeathreaver780

Blair (Senior Biologist)- Blair is the senior Biologist, as is the oldest member of the team. He is very edgy and overworked. His computer in the computer lab contains an advanced program for analyzing organic life forms. He is 50 years old, and has glasses. Played byLigolski

Copper (Doctor)- Copper is the Doctor, and is very skilled at combat injuries, as he served as a medic during Vietnam. However, he is also skilled at frostbite, and most problems that can arise in an Antarctic Base. He is rather weird, and is 45.Played by Sheepyman

Norris (Geologist)- Norris is the Geologist, and the Second command at the outpost. He is overweight, and has a heart problem. He is 44. Played byCommonyoshi

Bennings (Meteorologist)- Bennings is the Meteorologist, and is a very professional person. He is also very intelligent. He is 38. Played byMarthMaster92

Clark (Dog Handler)- Clark is the dog handler, and greatly loves his animals. His job consisted of feeding and training the huskies. He is a very strong person. Played byCamo-Man

Garry (Station Manager) – Garry is the leader of the outpost, and is capable of dealing with normal problems. He use to serve in the military. He is 46. Played byRonike

Fuchs (Assistant Biologist) – Fuchs is the Assistant Biologist, and, like Blair, has a computer with a program that gathers information on organic material. However, his is not as advanced, and is slightly different in other ways as well. He is 24, and has glasses. Played by Smashman90

Windows (Radio Operator) - Windows is the Radio Operator, and is fluent in several languages besides English, including Russian. He is pretty lousy as his job. He is the youngest team member, at 21 years old. Played by Frozenflame751

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
As it stands.....

You are split into two groups.

Ligolski
Ronike
Duke
Camo-Man
Thedocsalive
Deathreaver780

Are in the Recreation Room . They have 3 radios with them.

In the recreation room, there are two pool tables, with the ball in the holes. The cues are in their racks, on the left side of the wall. There is a table to the right, where there are scattered playing cards. There is also a couch, facing a TV. However, there is never any reception, so it only plays tapes. It is resting on a table end.

There is a treadmill against the back wall, and a cupboard in the bottom right corner of the room.

The rest of the team is in Laboratory B. This includes

MarthMaster92
Commonyoshi
<3
Skywalker
Frozenflame751
Chill

They have 2 Radios, and they see the following.

Laboratory B contains two tables in the middle, and counter tops all along the East, West, and South side of the room. On the counters are an assortment of beakers and tongs, along with two hot plates. There are three sinks. Underneath the counter tops are drawers. There are five drawers, labeled 1-5.

The tables are covered with white table cloths, and is currently holding an organized collection of beakers and flasks, that were in the process of being scrubbed and cleaned. Half of them are cleaned, while the other half still have traces of chemicals in them.

Changes to the rules

From now on, when you move, YOU MUST STATE WHERE YOU ARE, as well as where you are moving to. Failure to do so means you will not move.

Remember the Group rules, and that this game is still about communication. Everyone is capable of talking in the thread now, however, once you are outside a group with a radio, you are not allowed to post in the thread.

The Plot

One (or more) of you has been attacked, consumed, and replicated by an Alien invader. This alien is capable of killing, and then recreating it's victim into an exact copy. This copy will act, look, sound, and think just like the old one, but it will not be the same. It will be the same as the alien that attacked it. It will be a Thing.

There is a major blizzard outside, and your generator was sabotaged. You re currently running on backup power, but that will only last three days (game days, not real days. I'll post the time every now and then). You have to find battery packs, scattered across your base, and then use them to repair your generator. You need five battery packs to repair it. However, even then, you're not safe. While you are searching for battery packs, you have to also be searching each other, trying to figure out who is a Human and who is not. When the generator is repaired, you then have to finish your hunt, and destroy all of the Things left. If there are any humans left by then.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO EDIT YOUR POST. Because of this, you are allowed to double, or even triple post if needed.

The game begins.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
I think it makes sense that the biologists are more likely to be infected because they deal with biological substances and foreign life forms.

Just a thought.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Due to my inability to be active, I move in a group with Ligolski. I do not have a radio. (If my inactivity becomes a problem, feel free to replace me. I come back on the fifth, so don't replace me unless it is a neccesity)

ligolski

Smash Rookie
Awesome the game has started...I believe we should always stay in groups of two or three with a radio in each group...it seems that ronike will be coming along with me I guess which is fine by me. :) I think we should pay close attention to the dog handler, camo-man, because the dog was what was originally infected and since camo-man was in charge of taking care of the dogs I think it is reasonable to say we should be suspicious of him more than others right off the bat...

thats all I can think for, for now...

ligolski

Smash Rookie
I want to search this room thouroghly for batteries at this point too

almost forgot

camo-man

Smash Cadet
I believe I will check what's in the cupboard in the rec room.

I say we go in groups of at least 3 so even if 1 person is a Thing (since I assume there's one to start with), the other people can be alerted immediately of what has happened.

;_; I'm suspicious already. *sniff* What about the biologist and doctor, huh? They handle people and other stuff....

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Camo-man walks over to the cupboard and tries to open it. however, it is locked . You can see a key hole, but he does not have the key.

Ligolski heads over to the pool tables and starts searching around. You hear a small clank from his position as he searches. He sees nothing of interest.

(Note: You should narrow your search down. I'm just going to have you look around the room for several turns, unless you specify where you want to look.

Edit: Forgot this

For the Rec Room , the radios are on the second pool table. For Lab B , the radios are on the first table.

Also, THIS WILL BE A PM HEAVY GAME. PLEASE TRY AND KEEP YOUR INBOX AS EMPTY AS POSSIBLE.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm assuming that both groups are anarchy groups to begin with right?

Well in any event, I'll make my move.

Location: Laboratory B (In the middle of the room I'm assuming)

Desired Movement: Move to drawer #1 and methodically search all 5 drawers in numerical for anything useful or particularly interesting. If such an object is found I will call Skywalker over if it is medicinal so he can handle it properly.

Ronike

Smash Ace
specification: I move with ligolski if he moves rooms in a dictatorship manor. In individual rooms, i will search the rooms for something useful until we move rooms again
(that should keep my character active until i return from vacation)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I'm a fat geologist with a heart condition?!

Lab B
Search under one of the two tables in the center of the room or anything useful.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Thedocsalive was replaced by Sheepyman by request.

Frozenflame751 moves to to Drawer 1 and opens it up. Inside are metric weights, a beaker, and a bottle filled with a liquid, marked as Chloroethane. There is nothing else that Frozenflame751 can see.

Commonyoshi searches under the tables for anything useful. He sees nothing but chemical stains.

At the moment, Ligoslki and Ronike are in a dictatorship group, with Ligolski as the leader.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Rec Room
head from the rec room out the door across the hall into Lab B

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Sheepyman leaves the Rec Room and heads out to Lab B. Because he is alone with no radio , he cannot post in the thread until further notice.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer

Desired Action: Take the Chloroethane out of the drawer while and close it. Then place the Chloroethane gently on the counter and call Skywalker over to ask him what it can be used for.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Frozenflame751 successfully moves the Chloroethane

NOTE: Skywalker is not playing the game. I am trying to get him replaced, as he told me he didn't want to play anymore.

Edit: Also, since allot of you are asking this, ALL OF THE DOGS ARE DEAD. The Thing tore them up

ligolski

Smash Rookie
in the recreation room:
I will pick up a radio for my group off the pool table and head to surveillance with ronike along side me

oh and if it happens to be locked then I will have ronike open it b/c he is the station leader

I think I will go with ronike and start searching this room and I believe we should all in groups with radios mind you and search one floor at a time. In my opinion at least...

ligolski

Smash Rookie
o and FOS: sheepyman b/c he left purposely w/o a radio and not with anyone...if he doesn't make it then I think we should be very careful

Top Bottom