• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Thing - Game Concluded. What would have happened posted, mysteries tomorrow

smashman90

Smash Lord
Oh, I was wondering what was inside besides the vault. All I found was a desk with a computer on it with a single drawer full of pens and pencils. And then I went into Lab C to find some flasks to fill them up with kerosene, that way we would have a flammable fuel to set any things on fire. I didn't find any flasks, and when I left I heard the noises from marthmaster smashing the crate. Then I decided to go to the lavatory so that I can do my business and then I went searching for you guys but you kept changing your locales, so that got me lost.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
shoudl of left like that in the first place and you wouldn't of been lost.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
yeah. lemme explain:

we got kerosene and gas, both are extremely flammable. then we fill up flasks with the liquids. i found a magazine, and we could tear 3 or 4 pages and stuff them in the ends, thus forming a "fuse". and if we pour a little gas on the pages, viola! a homemade fireball. we'd just need a lighter. anybody got one?

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Hmmm, a shot glass could work but I still think we should use containers from the lab, or atleast containers that we can but a cap on so we dont have to carry the gasoline in our hands the whole time. It would be much easier to put it in our pocket and not worry about it spilling. Much more transportable/exchangable that way.
yup, flasks. in lab B. i remember seeing some in there. i want to go to storage C. there is a flamethrower there. (info i knew) so i'm going to go and get that. one of you guys should go get flasks, then go fill them up with kerosene. there's two big barrels of it in lab C. personally, i'd like it if frozenflame came with me, commonyoshi can get the flasks and kerosene, (then fill the flasks) and smashman90 can take the keys to the vault and let us know what's inside. i do remember there were 3 keyholes. everybody good with this plan?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Perhaps we should meet in a larger room so we all can fit? How about the computer lab? I will go there with ligolski as soon as he comes on, as he is the only one I completely trust right now.

Ronike

Smash Ace
But we've already searched that room pretty thouroughly. Itd be better to enter a new room and search that room for what we can find. Also some of us have computer related abilities im sure we could use in there.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Well, I know where one of the keys are, and I may even have a second one if that's what the dull, silver key from Lab C is for.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Key for what? And Im outside the surveillance room with ligolski

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
The vault, while interesting, isn't the main focus, or are you forgetting about the battery packs? We're gonna lose if we cant find them. We should find a way to fix the generator, and if we find any mysterious keys in the process, we'll open the vault. Who knows what's in there. Maybe a battery pack.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I'm still waiting so I can search Sheepyman/Copper's room. You should meet up with us first since more than half us are almost right next to each other.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Dang it! I just check my role thing again and apparently, the defibulator isn't in Copper's Room. I read it wrong. It's in the Medicine Storage Lab. Agh!

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
hahaha, that makes sense.

Well... while we are over here lets just check all the rooms anyway. Remember I think it was the list duke made:

Draws
Cabinets
Top of table
Under table
Behind door
On counters (if any)
Behind chairs
Desks (draws)

Depending on room:
Closets
Sinks
Large objects like a pool table (in holes)
Pull down every book in library
Behind tvs

So... yeah.

Also, what do you guys think about getting the stuff out side of the base checked out right now so we don't have to go out there.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I have some ideas on where the batteries might be.

Floor 1
1. The Vault
2. Empty Cabin

Basement 1
3. Trash Chute
4. Armory
5. Storages A,B, and C

Basement 2
6. Generator Room
7. Buffer Room
8. Furnace
9. Electrical Room

Outside
10. MacReady's Cabin
11. Outside Shack.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
And if you do have a reason for know this stuff why did you tell us sooner.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Your just guessing random places. >_>

The trash shoot leads to the furnace so I doubt someone would volunteer to climb down to check if it's lodged halfway.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Sorry for being so persistant on this, but is this something you just sort of figured on your own or something your character knew?...

ligolski

Smash Rookie
in the hall next to the survallience room -> ronike and I will head to the computer lab

I suggest we meet in the computer lab when people are done looking around what room they are in...

hey eorlingas need one of those updates soon...getting confused!

ligolski

Smash Rookie
o and could someone compile a list of where people of gone according to the posts b/c I am having trouble where we have all been and I don't have time at this moment to reread...

thanks

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Hey, ligolski. Marthmaster92 is in your area and he doesn't have a radio. Maybe you should meet up with him and form a group so he isn't alone.

Frozenflame and I are in sheepyman/copper's room. Chill, <3, Smashmaster90, and Death(I think) are in the room next to us.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
ok well I really want to head for the comp lab so I suggest he come with us as an anarchy thing...but ronike and I would like to keep our group seperate of others for our safety...

Ronike

Smash Ace
I agree with Ligolski: For the time being, he may come with us, but not as a permament thing

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
You dont think you'd be safer traveling with 7 other people versus just the two of you? You two wanting to be alone is rather suspicious and odd.

And marthmaster has to agree to join your group first. He's not logged on and neither is Eorlingas so waiting shouldn't be an issue.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
thats not what we meant, its just that we don't want to forthfit our group to be part of another kind of group...we will gladly tag along in a bigger group but not dissolve our group...we trust each other and we will stay together and keep each other safe...

if anyone tries to hurt either ronike and/or I -> kick their *** using what ever I have on me to protect

see we keep each other safe b/c we trust each other and pretty much no one else...

Ronike

Smash Ace
And before you say it, we trust each other bc we've been together the whole game, and neither of us has attacked the other. We both are very certain that the other is human, not thing, and the same cannot be said about the other. Oh and adding to Ligolski's statement:
I anyone tries to hurt either of us, I attack them with the large end of my pool cue or anyother defensive item i may get
And travelling with 7 people who may be infected vs. one you know is not is not safer. Two people is enough to give a 360 degree of view so ambushes become much harder.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
I am thinking about going down to the pharmacy. Who knows what I can find, that and it's right next to the Medical Storage Lab. I would just want at least 2 people to follow me that way I don't get ambushed.
i'll go with smashman. and yes, I DO have a radio. smashman, don't forget, if we find anything, i got my sack. let's go. also, you'll be in the medical storage lab yourself, i'll be on the other side, in storage C, getting a flamethrower. (something i knew)

I wish to go to storage C and get the flamethrower.

so basically smashman, you'll be with me until we split up to go to the medical storage lab and storage C.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Since Marthmaster does not have a radio, but he is right beside Ligolski and Ronike, who both do have a radio
Actually he should have a radio since I handed him one at the same time I handed one to commonyoshi in this post:
Ok first I hand marthmaster and commonyoshi a radio each. Then I propose that we start a democracy group.
Marthmaster, you have provided us with some nice info here.
yeah. lemme explain:

we got kerosene and gas, both are extremely flammable. then we fill up flasks with the liquids. i found a magazine, and we could tear 3 or 4 pages and stuff them in the ends, thus forming a "fuse". and if we pour a little gas on the pages, viola! a homemade fireball. we'd just need a lighter. anybody got one?
Superb idea. Makeshift grenades are exactly what we need. If we can find a few lighters we're golden.

yup, flasks. in lab B. i remember seeing some in there. i want to go to storage C. there is a flamethrower there. (info i knew) so i'm going to go and get that. one of you guys should go get flasks, then go fill them up with kerosene. there's two big barrels of it in lab C. personally, i'd like it if frozenflame came with me, commonyoshi can get the flasks and kerosene, (then fill the flasks) and smashman90 can take the keys to the vault and let us know what's inside. i do remember there were 3 keyholes. everybody good with this plan?
A flamethrower you say? That could potentially be our best weapon. We definately need to get out hands on that ASAP. I'm going to:

Break from my group with commonyoshi (we are in Palmer's Room I beleive) and head over to where Marthmaster is, which is right outside of Surveillence with ligolski and ronike I beleive.

Marthmaster and I should definately go get this flamethrower, while the rest of you break up into groups and either start making some of those "grenades" and/or search for battery packs.

Top Bottom