• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Temple of Time~The Zelda Tournament and Video Archive~Vids Critiqued Here!

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I never found love jumping that useful.
It puts Zelda in the air...where she doesn't want to be.
Then Nayru's has like 30 frames of lag so it leaves her open.
It's neat and all but I don't think its very useful.
Maybe if Nayru's wasn't so laggy it would be better.
I used to think this way too Fujin, but I've changed a bit over the last couple of months. Here's my input on the Love Jump discussion: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239553&page=19

And yes, if Nayru's wasn't so laggy, it would be better.

Mocha is so pretty to watch. :D
Thank you xD

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
This happened and I forgot to post it.

Dazless Madness, Worcester MA, 8/27/11
5th out of 15 in singles (only our best showed up.) I lost to BC and Fatal. Almost had both of em! D=
4th out of 8 teams with Prawn. (our team simply won't work sadly...)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=309705&highlight=riot

Also this is from Hall of Gaming. It's doubles Grand Finals. It's the tourney I took first in Mid Tier Singles and Reg doubles =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-vMq3YEE3c&feature=feedu

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
This happened and I forgot to post it.

Dazless Madness, Worcester MA, 8/27/11
5th out of 15 in singles (only our best showed up.) I lost to BC and Fatal. Almost had both of em! D=
4th out of 8 teams with Prawn. (our team simply won't work sadly...)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=309705&highlight=riot

Also this is from Hall of Gaming. It's doubles Grand Finals. It's the tourney I took first in Mid Tier Singles and Reg doubles =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-vMq3YEE3c&feature=feedu
prawn plays IC right? Why would you team with a icies ?

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Prawn is new to taking doubles seriously and offered to pay for my entry. He does well, unfortunately we play the same style which is not agro, and Zelda needs someone to agro for her which just didn't work. He played Wario as well but yes he plays IC lol.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Prawn is new to taking doubles seriously and offered to pay for my entry. He does well, unfortunately we play the same style which is not agro, and Zelda needs someone to agro for her which just didn't work. He played Wario as well but yes he plays IC lol.
Ah, I see I didn't know he played Wario also. Wario/Zelda should be an okay team as long as the Wario is aggressive. I believe.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Yah he is, he barely speaks english but he's a nice guy. He schooled me first round but I had him the second and recovered stupid D=.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
DNA #19, Framingham MA, 9/17/2011
This was a MK banned tournament.
3rd out of 15 teams. Teamed with Bizkit (Snake)
5th out of 27 singles. Lost to Ling Ling (Kirby) and Koolaid (Pit)
I really wish more tournies would go this route. Good **** man.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
The good result part or MK banned part? Ask and receive more results........Also great work Riot!!! Keep up the solid stuff in singles!

NLL Presents September Savagery (9/17/2011)
4th out of 20 Singles (:sheilda:)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311007

And for everyone's viewing pleasure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQOpCz0cDxs&feature=channel_video_title
I think a MK banning would open some stages to be legal. Like Luigi's Mansion. Some characters need all the help they can get and losing CP's hurts so much. Good **** scary. You lost to peach and diddy I'm assuming from the name of the people you lost. Can we get a breakdown of how those matches went ?

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I agree! Also, you had some decent pressure off stage (which is rarely seen, from myself included) just be careful about those edgehogs. Nice spike at that first match, and nice lightning kicks, and nice banana tricks. Keep it up!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Nice vid, and you dealt with that Diddy so well wish I was that good lol.

My heart sank a little at the end. </3

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I know... I screwed up a lot not moving to at least fall on stage os something x_x

one nice thing I remembered about this MU is that the Diddy player told me some time ago to play near the edge, so that way I could avoid getting tripped by bananas and eating about 50% in damage(he also said something like "I hate it when people do that to me")... so I did that :troll:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I know... I screwed up a lot not moving to at least fall on stage os something x_x

one nice thing I remembered about this MU is that the Diddy player told me some time ago to play near the edge, so that way I could avoid getting tripped by bananas and eating about 50% in damage(he also said something like "I hate it when people do that to me")... so I did that :troll:
ooo nice to know. good match, i like your edge pressure. i wish i was that good at the edge

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

That's a good thing to remember for the match up.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Those were definitely some fine matches Alan. That Diddy was so aggro I thought.

About playing near the edge, I agree and disagree but my disagreement is when your banana control gets better. I honestly thought that you could have taken the fight to him but you played it so well from the edges. I will share the sentiment that the last match was a tad soul crushing. You got him next time for sure.

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
WOW, really nice match vs DD, i agree that u played to much on the edge, but i think thats ur answer against DD, and ive never tought of it... anyway i think that u should played safer the 3rd round, 2 times u died cuz u got out to try kill DD... u should stayed... cuz DD cant kill u until high %, and u can kil him in a decent %...

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Got on the PRs again.

#9. Riot - Results: 5th/29, 9th/28, 33rd/128, 5th/13, 5th/27

Hurray. =D!

They use wins and losses to decide but I didn't want give everyone a useless thread to look at if they name search.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
^Grats! Keep it up.

Here's a vid from a few weeks ago that was recently uploaded of some lulzy friendlies. So many mistakes but it's all part of the learning process :). Looking to have more stuff recorded on Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paYY_uzDkfY

The second match isn't a Zelda match though. 1:45 was pretty awesome, haha.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
@ Riot: Wow, number 9. Like that GaW hammer. Great job, Riot! =o

@ Courier: Interesting matches Courier. I swear Wario's Nair seems to go through everything we have. I loved the Farore's Cancel to Lightning Kick. Too good. I really need to try to get more comfy with up b lol

Top Bottom