• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

WIDL

We Are Born
I'm not sure what I feel about Penner so far. His approach is kinda egotistical, but now that he has the idol, he can finally build an alliance - if they trust him.

Jem.

Smash Master
I always think this once in awhile: Why didn't Lex ever get a third chance to play? I always thought he was an interesting character and I loved how he played the game aggressively and passionately.

By the way, Rob Cesternino runs a podcast and brings people on to talk Survivor after every episode and every once in awhile. On Wednesdays him and Stephen Fishbach talk about what people that episode did/should have done/overall thoughts, and yesterday he talked to Kim for an hour about her season, this season, other Survivor stuff, etc. It's usually pretty entertaining.

http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-philippines-kim-spradlin-interview-booby-trap.html

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I am kind of hoping they try and vote out Penner so that they can flush out the idol which is a very high possibility if he chooses to reveal the idol to someone untrustworthy. Penner is up in the air but I dislike his ego approach. He is very high on the chopping block for the red team.

Lex would have been so cool to see. :c

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I've always liked Penner. I hope he goes far this time. He was set to go far in Micronesia, but ... well yeah. :(

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Ok.

Here's my new list

Heroes vs Villains

Unequivocally the best season. The most likable contestants, the best blindsides... this season is basically perfect

China

Just a good season... Courtney, James, Todd, Jean-Robert, Amanda... I could go on and on

Micronesia

Chet vs Joel, Black widow brigade, Erik ****ing up... good season

Gabon

Ken was great in this season. In addition, there are a lot of likable contestants. Bob was a great winner and I liked Randy and Corrinne. Honestly, the only two contestants I really didn't like were Gillian and Michelle.

Redemption Island/Borneo

I couldn't choose between the two. Phillip makes RI so great. Phillip alone made this season amazing. STEALTH R US

As for Borneo, people underestimate just how strategic Richard Hatch really was. Granted, it was the first season, but Richard Hatch is the father of alliances. Also, the way he threw that final challenge was pure brilliance.

Jem.

Smash Master
Jeff Probst said his favorite tribal council of all-time was the one where Sue gave the speech on why Richard Hatch should win the season. Do you guys agree? I was kind of surprised Russell Hantz playing the idol the 2nd time in a row when it looked like he was gone for sure and the look on everyones face as he saved himself and his alliance for a 2nd straight tribal.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/10/03/survivor-jeff-probst-top-5-tribal-councils/

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
It's really unfortunate. Naturally, Survivor was never meant to be a "fair" game. You have to deal with whatever happens. I'm just sad because I liked Russell. He didn't get voted out last time. Here he is to redeem himself. He escaped a couple TC votes, but his tribe just kept losing! XD

Smasher89

Smash Lord
O_o, that girl on the losing tribe is good, changed Russels vote just to remain safe, doing it in a safe way since matt (was his name right?) wouldnt join Russel anyway. I see a possiblility for a 7players alliance at the merge were the other tribes that looses a player or two gets matsings votes for them. However the matsingplayers wont be able to do a thing unless they find that idle, something which will be harder for them since they havent even read the clue.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Have you guys been noticing Pete from Skupin's tribe? He's really freaking crafty! I'm talking crafty like Russell crafty. That move he pulled to get RC and what's her face arguing was brilliant. Im keeping my eye on this guy I hope he keeps this "chaos" stuff up.

I felt bad for Russell... You can tell the dude just hates losing but sometimes that's just the way it works in Survivor.

:phone:

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Have you guys been noticing Pete from Skupin's tribe? He's really freaking crafty! I'm talking crafty like Russell crafty. That move he pulled to get RC and what's her face arguing was brilliant. Im keeping my eye on this guy I hope he keeps this "chaos" stuff up.

I felt bad for Russell... You can tell the dude just hates losing but sometimes that's just the way it works in Survivor.

Pete is the player to watch this season. His craftiness and sneakiness may even surpass Russel Hantz'

I will always be a Hantz fanboy, but he was very open, and kinda cocky about his gameplay.

Pete is truly a behind-the-scenes puppet master.

Edit: Yeah, I feel for Russel Swan. I really wanted to see him get far in the game. Hopefully he comes back for another FvF season or something.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Sarcasm? I knew he was going to be next to go if Matsing lost again. :p
Yeah it's sarcasm haha. Not even the editors could make it look like he was possibly gonna stay very well. Poor guy, he had the worst team ever. Regardless, if I was Russell in that position I would of just looked for the idol whether they were looking or not. Screwed either way right? (Although he actually believed he wasn't going home lol)

Sariku

Smash Master
So I like this season so far, but I wish I had more opinions on tribes other than matsing. I'll comment more later, but I'm hoping that Malcolm and Denise stay alive.

WIDL

We Are Born
I'm not ready to declare Pete a mastermind, but it was a good move.

But I can't begin to describe how much Abi annoys me. Omg. Such a temper. I think her paranoia will do her in, at least I hope so. Looks grim for RC right now, but I would hope that she, Skupin and Lisa would form some kind of alliance. :/

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I'm not ready to declare Pete a mastermind, but it was a good move.

But I can't begin to describe how much Abi annoys me. Omg. Such a temper. I think her paranoia will do her in, at least I hope so. Looks grim for RC right now, but I would hope that she, Skupin and Lisa would form some kind of alliance. :/
I was kinda confused as to why Skupin didn't approach Lisa about an alliance, given the fact that he recognized her.

I agree with your part about Abi-Maria.

As for Pete, I think we'll see more subtle moves like that.

Jem.

Smash Master
Malcolm went from a powerless position to a powerful position in the game. Survivor sure can change quickly. Also, props to Skupin for employing that nifty strategy in the reward challenge, then Malcolm sealing the win with it. Probst is so funny. He reminded everyone Katie was the reason they were so far behind multiple times. I think it's fair game though, Jeff's job is to be the host. He digs for people to give info really well.

Disappointed RC didn't make more of a play to try to swing Malcolm to her side. Although I think Malcolm is still considering all options. Once he realizes how Abi is he might decide Skupin and RC is the better way to go. Abi can't be trusted

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Dude... Skupin's strategy reminded me so much of why I love this game. We get so focused on the social game and the voting, but we often forget that, periodically, a challenge genius emerges. The rule simply stated that the loser's statue hits the ground first. When Skupin threw his statue into the air, I was giddy.

I had a similar emotion when James used the pole to just carry teammates to the platform in Micronesia (FvF). Those players that think outside the box are just awesome.

WIDL

We Are Born
^ indeed. Skupin was epic in that challenge. :D

I liked the episode, but I'm gutted that Dana got pulled from the game. She seemed like such a likeable character. But I'm glad Denise is staying. She deserves to make it to the merge.

And I hope that Malcolm sees how much of a loose cannon Abi is. For me, she is already in my top 5 most unlikeable female survivors (who are your top 5 most unlikeable survivors ever? do a top 5 male/female or both maybe). Truly a villainess. It sucks that they have a 2-person advantage, because then she can skip immunity challenges all the way to the merge (I guess it's at final 9 or 10, likely the latter?).

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Great, great episode overall! This is shaping to be an awesome season. Random thoughts...

I wouldn't call Abi a villainess... I think she's just a bit of an air head with a short temper. I actually hope she alienates herself from Pete cause a Pete/Malcom alliance would be amazing. But then again a Pete vs. Malcom showdown would be very entertaining to watch.

Malcom overall reminds me of JT (in his Tocantins season I mean). He's great at challenges, he has the kind of personality that makes everyone like you, and he's also very sharp strategically. I honestly can't see how Malcom doesn't make the top 5 at the very least if he keeps this up.

RC has been somewhat disappointing to me. She should have aggressively went after Malcom but now it looks like she's at the mercy of Pete. Maybe she can attempt to get into Pete's alliance if Abi screws up but for some reason I don't see that happening.

I hate watching people get medically evacuated from the game. I can only imagine how much it sucks to have worked so hard to even get on the show and then prematurely get booted off of it. I'm sure her mind was telling her to stay but her body just wouldn't allow it.

Also WTF was up with Sarah when she got voted out? Something tells me she wanted a little more than a kiss from Jeff. I loved how awkward the hug was. XD

WIDL

We Are Born
Well, she did kinda screw RC over and I believe Jeff called her a villainess in an interview at entertainment weekly. :p I'd say she is, but she probably doesn't know because she strikes me as a person with no self-awareness.

Agree with the hug. AWKWARD. But so funny. And I just found out that Jeff Kent played for the LA Dodgers, which is one of only two teams I've ever watched. Not when he was on though. My school went to a game when we were in California in April. :O And I love how far Lisa has made it. I like her.

Jem.

Smash Master
if you guys like podcasts, this is a lengthy one again from Rob C obviously since he runs them. He finally talks to Boston Rob and its a good couple hours. You can really tell his intellect in Survivor though. Even for someone like me whose seen every season, his intellect really surprised me. It's a good listen if you're just doing something and want to kill time for a couple hours on various topics like Rob's 4 times playing, what he thinks of the people in this season, and etc

http://robhasawebsite.com/boston-rob-mariano-survivor-interview-philippines.html

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Man, I keep forgetting about this thread. Sorry guys.

Anyway, Abi-Maria really drives me insane with how well, crazy and irrational she is. Pete telling Malcolm about the clue was pretty dumb and I have to admit it would be hilariously awesome if what we got from that was a Lisa/Skupin/Malcolm/RC alliance and is Tandang loses they just go "well, Abi has the Idol so let's just vote off Pete". Of course, this is coming from someone who likes Pete, but it's more just weakening Abi and Pete being guilty by association.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Sucks that Dana had to leave, she was cool.

Penner reminds me of Davos from Game of Thrones.

I hope RC at least lasts longer than Abi-Maria. I thought she woulda pieced together by now that Pete might have placed the immunity idol clue in order to drive her away from her and toward him, since after that she'd see him talking with Pete a lot more.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
That's...pretty damn awesome! Doing Survivor challenges? Does that entail him actually doing some challenges from survivor at a church or something? That would be cool.

I want RC and Abi Marie to at least make it to the top 6 idk. Why? Cause they're hot. Poor reasoning but yeah, I always like a bit of eye candy to look at during Survivor. Katie was just voted out so there goes one more attractive looking lady. Lord knows I want to look at Denise throughout the whole season if RC and Abi Marie happen to leave :S

WIDL

We Are Born
Liked the episode, but I'm sad that Denise can't get a real win with a tribe. Hmm.

I like that they are implying that Lisa might start an alliance with Malcolm. Lisa has some sort of connection to Skupin, it seems, and Skupin and RC are pretty tight. Hoping for this! Can't wait till the merge. This is shaping up to be a prettttty good season. I feel more involved in the earlier votes than I usually am, and I'm pretty sure which contestants I really like etc.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I would absolutely hate to be on RC's team, there's no way I could betray such a woman. Easily the most attractive Survivor I've seen.

When she said she was a swimmer, I was like, "Yeah I can believe that." :laugh:

But really, she is cool in that she isn't a typical bimbo, irrational mare. I want her to win. If not her, then Penner.

Jem.

Smash Master
Penner has balls of steel. For a second I honestly thought he was going to go home with the idol in his pocket. Good game sense of him to realize despite the possibility of being blindsided that they need him too badly to win a challenge.

Is this the second longest a tribe has ever gone without going to tribal council in Tandang? The Tom Westman tribe from Palau never went to tribal council pre-merge yeah?

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
If I was ever to be duped in survivor...it would probably be through seduction. Haha. R.C would probably do the trick.

WIDL

We Are Born
I believe so Jem. They very well make it to the merge without ever going there too. But given that Katie was voted out, the other tribe might have a shot. But it depends whether there's a merge next episode or not. Who knows. Don't they usually do the merge after like 6-7 episodes anyways?

Jem.

Smash Master
A lot of people believe this season is going to be 7 jurors and final 2. Would be the first time since Tocantins that it's final 2 again. there arent the numbers to support final 3 and 9 jury members.

A problem with a tribe not going to tribal is they have a lot of pent up anger towards each other. In Tocantins JT and Fishbach squeezed in due to inner turmoil. There seems to be 3-4 alliances going into the merge and that will make the post-merge game very exciting. Not to mention 3 idols in possession. A lot of tribal councils in actuality are 2-3 hours I've heard, but they just show some obviously on the show since there isnt enough time/isn't always interesting.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
The throw was a good move, he seems like a player who is really going for that all out game. Interesting to see that he gets rid of prople who has that kind of information, he seems self aware enough to know that it´ll get him to go out of the game if it leaks (atleast it did in some seasons earlier lead to that).

Even the foodchallenge made it clear that they who did come up with it knows exacly where they are in the "totempoles" and of course jonahan was agreeing since he would be even more benificial for their tribe.

samb

Smash Rookie
Personally I love season 25, because the new cast aways aren't a bunch of *******. My favourite is Jeff, he's smart and he should definitely come back for another season.
Also I hear season 26 is Fans vs. Favourites again, which is awesome.
I'd love to see Grant, Phillip, and David (Season 22) Jim and Keith (Season 23) Marty and Sash (Season 21)and Jeff (Season 25) to return, Plus I'd love to see some people from a little older seasons come back, like season 10-20 for example Frosti (Season 15) or Sarge/Lea (Season 9) I know I'm naming a lot of men haha as for woman there's tonnes
Chelsea, Kim and Alicia (Season 24) especially Kim, she was a huge player, Brenda (Season 21) Sophie (Season 23) And RC (Season 25) I realise most of these people wont come back anytime soon, but just giving my input on players I thought deserve another season

And for god sakes I want Tod back for just one more season

Jem.

Smash Master
I hate to break it to you, but you are correct. But the "oldest" person from a season back in Fans vs Favorites is Corinne from Gabon, no one from before then is on it.

Brenda and Phillip are in it though. So is Brandon Hantz, Cochran, Dawn, Erik from the first fans vs favorites, and others.

And (someone from this current season, so I'm putting it in the black box because if I just say it it is indicative of how they do in this season)
Malcolm from this current season is on Fans vs Favorites too

samb

Smash Rookie
I know :) Just a list of people I would love to see

Also I think they should make in the future like a "survivor: Originals" season where its people that havent returned from season 1-10 assuming theyre still capable of playing

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Wow, this season is dead to me with that last episode. Not only did they arbitrarily vote someone out after the merge (the stage where you need to vote out the dangerous players, prime example, PETE), but they voted out the one that was the most fun to look at it. Absolutely blew me away.

Top Bottom