• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

Jem.

Smash Master
Really? I'm a fan of hot girls too, but this episode had me pumped up. There are so many factors going on. And RC isn't exactly a slouch in challenges. She's a smart superfan of the game too. She told me she's seen every season 2-3 times. She was just victim of a Hantz-type move when Pete sabotaged her. This would be one of the hardest seasons to play strategically. The best part is: The rest of the season is totally unpredictable. No pagong-ing like last season or other seasons.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I know, RC is not someone you ultimately want at the end with you, but it's just I easily could have picked more logical and beneficial moves to do at this point. Jeff is always talking about (I mean obsessively) how he doesn't want a veteran around. Well, Skupin is a veteran, and was aligned with RC. Plus he's stronger than RC. Not only could Jeff plan a move where he could try to take out Penner, one veteran, but also the OTHER, to guarantee at least one of them going out. And also, the obsession with taking out veteran's is at the cost of potentially taking out more important targets, like I said before, Pete. Pete is dangerous, he's been an analytical ghost up until now, is physically fit, and once the merge began, he was blissful in his transition to a cool-headed plotter of the tribe. You can't trust a player like that and he is dangerous as an individual. It's all the more painful to realize that RC and her partner were the only two to have voted for him, realizing this danger.

It would have been easier to accept RC leaving if it seemed like a strategically good move, but no, I lost her for what seems like really poor gameplay. For shame, for shame.

Also, Jeff should have NOT betrayed Penner. In fact, what he said right before everyone voted would have been GENIUS if his people weren't voting for him. The last thing he said was truly the thing that scared Penner into pulling out the idol (which was a dumb thing to say because he wanted Penner out to begin with, again, classic examples of poor gameplay). If he had said that and not had voted for Penner, he would have wasted his idol AND the alliance with Penner would still be intact, so he could be led on. Either that, or Jeff could have kept his mouth shut. Either way, it would have been more intelligent.

Jem.

Smash Master
Tandang disliked RC much more. Skupin is in trouble if he doesn't get in an alliance, and is probably the favorite to go home next until we see the next episode. RC is a smart player and physical player, but again, sometimes players just get the crap end of the stick. Pete was more aggressive and made a play to break up Abi and RC to get attention away from him being devious. It worked. I'm not a big fan of Pete (Although he is a gamer, actually) but it was a good move by him to cause turmoil in his tribe, Russell Hantz style. it seems more like you're disappointed that RC went home earlier than anticipated, although the turmoil in Tandang had been building up. It's the flaw of rarely going to Tribal Council. Even the Tom Westman tribe had some turmoil and Tom found himself in a scenario where he could be going home. Tribals last 2-3 hours and is the only time everyone is forced to talk together pretty much, no running away.

I wanted RC to make it farhter too, but for Kalabaw you're saying "If they're mad at RC and Skupin, well, we go for who they want because we're down numbers and have to agree" Skupin is pretty much dead on though. If a couple more people go home, Abi Pete and Artis have a good grip on what happens in the game. Plus, I don't really watch Survivor for "hot girls" even if she was cute and nice to look at. I want to see an intense strategical season that doesnt end in a Pagong-ing, and we seem guaranteed both at this point.

There are so many wildcards though. Abi can piss off anyone, Pete can decide he wants to do something aggressive, Artis can.. Do something. Malcolm has the idol. Malcolm and Denise can have a sub-final deal together if they both survive in the game. Penner is now a free agent since he knows his own tribe tried to get him out. Things can turn quickly on Jeff Kent and co.

It's an exciting season.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm not saying I watch Survivor for hot girls either, it's basically what you say, I just didn't think it was her time to go, it didn't seem right. This is not to say the the season itself isn't interesting, there's plenty going on, and I suppose I'll be watching and get over it, just my initial reaction was of disgust and disappointment. Still think it is a shame, and could have been better in my opinion.

Sheesh, I'm almost speaking as if I wish I was playing and calling the shots. Not going to lie, that would indeed be fun. Though, I'd perform poorly in challenges and around camp probably, so I'd be taken out before the merge in all likelihood.

And flyinfilipino, your post most made me lol. Twice. XD

samb

Smash Rookie
I'm quite surprised Jeff didn't take the offer of Mike and RC, he was in a much better position that way with Carter and in my opinion Penner, because no ones going to vote Penner if he's in the final 3. And Carter is just Jeff's puppet so I thought it was a bad move on Jeff's part.
Can't wait to see how the season turns out :D

WIDL

We Are Born
^ I agree.

This was a great episode. I was actually shaking right before the reading of the votes. I'm kinda sad that RC went home, because I would love to see Pete getting blindsided. Good on Penner using the idol. I didn't think it was necessary, actually. Good call. I'm excited to see what he does next. I'll get over RC as long as Denise stays in there. :)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So sad to see such nice eye candy go, but DAMN Pete strikes again and with a vengeance!

Fantastic episode this season is strategic as hell!

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Don't mean to sound cynical again, but this episode was a bunch of chaos that revealed how unlikable everyone essentially is. All of the things said by everyone, particularly Lisa, Pete, Carter at the tribe, and Malcolm, Abi, and Lisa again at tribal council lacked forethought or just plain didn't seem to gain much of anything. Then Jeff being a sore loser after he was voted out sealed the deal on all of them having the minds of children. There was only three beautiful things in this episode: Penner's will to win, Denise's ability to not get involved in idiotic tribal council banter, and RC showing up to smile and make faces at the mess she left behind.

samb

Smash Rookie
Wow that was an amazing episode but for none of the players, for the viewers.
Skupin is an idiot for voting for Jeff, why not get Pete, Abi, and Artis out, it makes no sense,
Malcolm faking the Idol and keeping it was AMAZING! Great play by him, damn I'm sad to see Jeff go

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I could be alone here, but Lisa getting really arrogant and forcing Malcolm to scramble and all that while going on about being loyal and honest as she's showing the exact opposite and acting like she's better than everybody REALLY turned me off of her. And Abi was so dumb revealing her Idol. Like, why would she even do that other than to think she wanted to show up Malcolm?

WIDL

We Are Born
Lisa lost a LOT of likeability for me this episode, but I'm still rooting for her way more than Abi, Pete and Artis. So weird how Skupin voted for Jeff... but oh well. This was one of the most entertaining and weirdest tribal councils ever. Bombs everywhere. Scandalous! I think Penner is my favorite player this season along with Denise. If Denise's alliance can get a footing, she will skate FAR into this game. Underdog stories are the best. I seriously couldn't stop smiling after he won that challenge. The tribal would've been a snoozefest compared to this one if he didn't win. And that's karma for ya Jeff. You turned on Penner (well, at least he organized it), you got screwed at the next tribal. I liked Jeff, but I also disliked him a lot for turning on Penner instead of trying to work a blindside on Pete right after the merge. He's a big physical threath.

This season is great. Looking forward to every episode.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
What an episode!!! That tribal council!!!

THIS SEASON MAN... JUST WOW.

And on a side note, how HOT was RC looking? I swear there is nothing sexier than an intelligent woman with a cute face and some nice curves.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Real Gamer, dude, EXACTLY. She's like the perfect woman as far as I'm concerned ha.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
What an episode!!! That tribal council!!!

THIS SEASON MAN... JUST WOW.

And on a side note, how HOT was RC looking? I swear there is nothing sexier than an intelligent woman with a cute face and some nice curves.

I can think of what's sexier than an intelligent attractive woman. TWO intelligent, attractive women. :cool:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I nominate we have a survivor season...with all the most attractive female contestants...ahh that'd be nice. But entirely unrealistic :/. I miss RC already.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
All of the challenges involve some sort of mud wrestling, or at least comes in at some point in every challenge.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
That tribal council was showing a big player calibre of the winner this season, no idea who it´s but I think it is someone that did the talking there, unless it´s a flying under the radar player that wins.

What did probst mean by missed oppoturnity?

For me it seems like it´s a players move to make a mess (Lisa maybe? she and Denise might be unlikely but dangerous allies) just to get rid of alliances and further themselves in the game.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
That tribal council was showing a big player calibre of the winner this season, no idea who it´s but I think it is someone that did the talking there, unless it´s a flying under the radar player that wins.

What did probst mean by missed oppoturnity?

For me it seems like it´s a players move to make a mess (Lisa maybe? she and Denise might be unlikely but dangerous allies) just to get rid of alliances and further themselves in the game.
Skupin could have voted for Pete. He didn't.

WIDL

We Are Born
Skupin could have voted for Pete. He didn't.
Or Penner could've voted for Pete (I believe that's what he meant) to tie the vote - I believe he said so in an interview at entertainment weekly. Lisa already said that she was to stick with her tribe (there at least) and Skupin was with her I believe. But he could've meant both Penner and Skupin's vote, but to me, Penner's vote for Abi was the weirdest. But yeah. Skupin definitely should've voted for Pete, after they outcast him and RC, then he would've gone home 5-4-1 (i think). I'm not sure where I stand on Lisa now. Seems a bit wishywashy suddenly, but she has defintely started to play the game.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Late sure, but for what it's worth, I think Penner must have known that if the vote went to a tie, somebody from his side would jump and flip on the re-vote since the alliance was practically put together AT Tribal Council. Not sure if that helps you guys though.

Jem.

Smash Master
Rob Cesternino interviews Jeff Probst. Answers a lot of questions like if he'll host Survivor 27 and 28, the current season, the question on him "badgering" people in challenges and tribals, Men vs Women characters in Survivor, the type of people that should play and more. Really this interview is GOLD if you're a fan of the game/show.

http://robhasawebsite.com/jeff-probst-interview-survivor-philippines.html

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Jem I really appreciate the link this interview is golden and brings a lot of insight to Probst's mindset as the host. His passion for Survivor is contagious and I hope he's the host for as long as possible.

It also makes you realize how smart certain players like Penner are. Using Jeff as a tool to enhance your own image? That's pretty damn smart.

Oh and I also liked the segment where Jeff explains why a cast mixed with some "intelligent" players and some "novice" ones is the best choice. At first I would have said I prefer a season with nothing but intelligent players but I realized that I also really enjoy the "wild cards" like Phillip, Coach (crazy Tocantins version), Sugar, etc. I guess I just really dislike the dumb players with no personality... *COUGH* ANGIE *COUGH*

WIDL

We Are Born
Another great episode! Someone should totally make a gif out of Abi's face at the end. Truly looked like she was about to explode. <3 Penner.

samb

Smash Rookie
YES PENNER'S STILL IN! :D
That was a great episode, this season is really a good one

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Ah, that was such a good episode. I was so convinced that Penner was going after that 4th vote for him. At this point, go Penner, Malcolm, and Denise.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm strictly on the Penner/Malcom bandwagon. If neither of these guys win it would be a disappointment. But then again I wouldn't mind seeing Lisa or Denise win either cause Denise is a really good player and Lisa has a nice little comeback story going for her. Always like seeing a player finding their inner strength and going far in the game.

Was anyone else surprised that Lisa still voted for Penner even after all of that smooth talk he gave her? Not quite as gullible as she looks huh? lol But then again it was probably the best move for her overall cause she didn't want to piss her old tribe off by flip flopping. She'd have very little to no shot at the million if she made the final 3.

So then my next question is why did Skupin of all people decide to switch over? I could have sworn he was voting with Lisa regardless of the outcome. Really odd that the entire episode made it look like Lisa was gonna flip but in the end it was Skupin who ended up flipping. I dunno that was just really weird to me. Happy about the outcome but I don't understand why it happened.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Penner, Denise, and Malcom are the most deserving I think at this point.

Can anyone remind me why Artis was voted out? Would have figured Peter since he had shown up in the previous two councils.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
So then my next question is why did Skupin of all people decide to switch over? I could have sworn he was voting with Lisa regardless of the outcome.
To keep another returning player in the game of course, so he wont be as big target. They might even have decided to split their vote just to make it less obvious they are that tight as they are.

And wasnt Penner, Lisa and Skupin all 3 in the same alliance?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm strictly on the Penner/Malcom bandwagon. If neither of these guys win it would be a disappointment. But then again I wouldn't mind seeing Lisa or Denise win either cause Denise is a really good player and Lisa has a nice little comeback story going for her. Always like seeing a player finding their inner strength and going far in the game.

Was anyone else surprised that Lisa still voted for Penner even after all of that smooth talk he gave her? Not quite as gullible as she looks huh? lol But then again it was probably the best move for her overall cause she didn't want to piss her old tribe off by flip flopping. She'd have very little to no shot at the million if she made the final 3.

So then my next question is why did Skupin of all people decide to switch over? I could have sworn he was voting with Lisa regardless of the outcome. Really odd that the entire episode made it look like Lisa was gonna flip but in the end it was Skupin who ended up flipping. I dunno that was just really weird to me. Happy about the outcome but I don't understand why it happened.

I don't know, I don't buy the "Lisa finding inner strength" thing. I think she's coming across looking pretty hypocritical, especially when Jeff Kent was voted out as she went on a spiel about "being loyal" after she'd thrown everybody under the bus in a matter of minutes.

I think what happened with Lisa is that she was too afraid of upsetting Abi/Pete and getting the blood on her hands (when really, she should NOT be worried about upsetting people that have constantly treated her like crap, and getting the blood on her hands would actually HELP her if she somehow made the end), so Skupin probably told her "look, they only need one more vote, so I'll vote Artis and you can say you didn't know".

Also, I find it weird and annoying that she keeps going on about how she really likes Jonathan and wants him to stay but she's voted AGAINST him every single time that they've
been to Tribal Council. I just think that if she's complaining about how she's treated and doesn't want Jonathan to go, she should be the one actively doing things and actually getting the blood on her hands to ensure things happen. It's kinda like the whole "Bad men succeed because good men do nothing" saying.

samb

Smash Rookie
Pretty good episode, man Skupin had me convinced that he was voting Malcolm, good choice not to play the idol

Jem.

Smash Master
I feel like Malcolm is going to get sent home eventually for his confidence.. Everything said to play his idol, he knew if one person flipped it was gonna be him.. Yes it turned out to be okay, but what if he ignores it again next time and it's the real blindside that time? I feel like at final 7 or final 5 (Usually the big decisions left in the game) he might get burnt. I hope he doesn't though. My pre-season pick was Skupin but I also like Malcolm.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I REALLY hate Abi-Maria with a passion. I want her to go home next, but she'll probably win immunity or fake an idol. I think it's either gonna be Carter or Penner. I hope it's Carter. He has no clue what's going on. Idiot.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I REALLY hate Abi-Maria with a passion. I want her to go home next, but she'll probably win immunity or fake an idol. I think it's either gonna be Carter or Penner. I hope it's Carter. He has no clue what's going on. Idiot.

If she fakes an Idol, all they really have to do is ask to see it, and vote for her anyway when she doesn't show it. I mean, they wouldn't have anything to lose, since they could just go along with it, and on the 1% chance she did have one, she'd just vote Penner anyway, so it's win-win for the other 5. I WANT to say I can guess how the rest of the season's going to go, but I don't want to jynx anything.

Jem.

Smash Master
Penner proved yet again he doesn't know how to play Survivor end-game. He did it in Cook Islands betraying every player left in the game, and now he did it by TURNING DOWN A FINAL FOUR DEAL?! HOW DO YOU TURN DOWN A FREE FINAL FOUR DEAL?! Lisa/Skupin wanted to be with them over Malcolm and Carter and Penner goofed it bad.

Top Bottom