• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Man, I wanna play the game so badly. I couldn't care one ounce about souvenirs.

Jem.

Smash Master
Buzzsaw -- Do you forget Malcolm is perfectly okay with cutting Denise out? He is led to believe that Denise would beat him at final 2.

I think Denise ends up winning though. Especially if its a final 2 like expected. Most the time the final episode starts its a final 5 and two vote offs happen. What would they do in 2 hours with only one vote off? That definitely doesnt help Malcolm, he's gonna have to pull a Fabio to get to the end -- But if he does, I don't think there is anyone who can beat him. As long as Lisa doesnt win I'm pretty satisfied though, although I feel Malcolm is the most deserving out of the 4 left

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Yeah I think we're all the types of players that would do whatever it took to win. My personal achilies heel would probably be my tendency to get too attached to some people. Like I could see myself getting really close to someone and then ultimately get blindsided because of it since I was too blind to realize it was coming. XD

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah I think we're all the types of players that would do whatever it took to win. My personal achilies heel would probably be my tendency to get too attached to some people. Like I could see myself getting really close to someone and then ultimately get blindsided because of it since I was too blind to realize it was coming. XD

Could that conversely be that you get too attached to someone and wind up losing to them because you didn't vote them out when you could've?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
So glad the right person won at the end of the day. Though Lisa winning Fan Favourite kind of makes me feel sick.
I'm glad I am not the only one who felt that way. She was my least favorite of them all. The popularity may have come from her religiousness and stardom I guess (along with all of those "feels" moments).

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
OMG Dawson LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. What an awkward moment for Jeff the dude is married for Christ's sake! XD

I really am glad Denise won though she was definitely the most deserving (other than Malcolm imo). Great, great season overall though. Probably the best post-HvV season so far.

I'm ready for season 26! Does anyone know who the favorites are going to be?

Meeeooww

Smash Rookie
I have been rooting for Malcolm all season so him leaving was a disappointment, but Denise winning (almost) made up for that.

I'm pretty sure Brenda (Nicaragua), Andrea (RI), Cochran (SoPa) and Malcolm are going to be on the favourites tribe, at least those are the names that I hear floating around a lot. If that's the case then those are some pretty solid choices.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I heard Phillip. Yaaaay.

Course I think I may of spoiled it for myself a while ago after scrolling the internet so I know who wins possibly :/

Oh, and "After coming home from the Philippines, Russell fell into depression. He fell into denial and felt horrible because he has to relive it watching the show."

Aww, poor guy :c

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I heard Phillip. Yaaaay.

Course I think I may of spoiled it for myself a while ago after scrolling the internet so I know who wins possibly :/

Oh, and "After coming home from the Philippines, Russell fell into depression. He fell into denial and felt horrible because he has to relive it watching the show."

Aww, poor guy :c

I wouldn't worry too much about accidentally spoiling yourself with that. I mean obviously steer clear, but there's apparently like 8 people "spoiled to make the end".

And I can kind of understand Andrea and Brenda if they're on due to a shortage of females, and Phillip because they probably want to re-create a Coach-type. I've seen the rumoured list (that really does seem terri-bad), and there's one name on it that is completely baffling and sickening in every sense of the word, and that is (spoiler tagging it):

Francesca from Survivor Redemption Island. The one known as being the girl Phillip couldn't pronounce their name and the FIRST BOOT OF THE SEASON. That's just insane to me that they would have potentially picked her over Stephanie, Ashley, or even Natalie from that season.

Jem.

Smash Master
Malcolm screwed up day 38 so bad.. Just lie to Denise.. at worse you get a chance in the fire making challenge.. then losing the immunity twice before anyone else. Glad Denise won in that F3. Really surprised Lisa won fan favorite over Malcolm.. she must have a huge fanbase for Facts of Life. After Lisa won fan favorite Malcolm tweeted "I need a hug" I think he was convinced he was getting the 100,000. I was too.

And yes, you are right, Malcolm/Brenda/Cochran/Brandon Hantz/ Phillip Shephard/Andrea/Dawn/Corinne are the Favorites for Fans vs Favorites. That's why it seemed super awkward when Jeff asked Malcolm if he'd ever play again -- Because at the time of the live reunion they already have Season 26 recorded and good to go lol.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Dude, even though I've seen the list and it's still just rumours and speculations right now, it's probably best to spoiler tag that so people who DON'T want to be spoiled aren't.

Jem.

Smash Master
Dude, even though I've seen the list and it's still just rumours and speculations right now, it's probably best to spoiler tag that so people who DON'T want to be spoiled aren't.
I don't see how listing the returning players is really spoiling. I'm not giving out placements, I don't know them anyways. If people want to say that, then they should mark it with spoilers. I feel like Probst and Malcolm made it super obvious something happened anyways, I'm not the only one who saw the awkwardness in him asking if Malcolm would play again? If people didnt know Malcolm played again before the live reunion, they should have after the question lol

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I don't see how listing the returning players is really spoiling. I'm not giving out placements, I don't know them anyways. If people want to say that, then they should mark it with spoilers. I feel like Probst and Malcolm made it super obvious something happened anyways, I'm not the only one who saw the awkwardness in him asking if Malcolm would play again? If people didnt know Malcolm played again before the live reunion, they should have after the question lol

Well still, a lot of people like to go in as blind as at all possible, and I personally don't feel it's our place to decide whether they're allowed to do as they wish or not.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Good season. Frankly, I was just glad Abi wasn't in the final three. I didn't really care who won. They were all fine for me. Sucks that Malcolm was owned so badly in that last challenge. XD

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Why is Brandon coming back... He's a terrible player and he isn't funny at all. If you're gonna bring back bad players they should at least be funny (like Phillip).

I'm also very confused over Andrea and Francesca... The rest are good choices though. Especially Corrine that was a really good choice. She had some great lines in Gabon.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
*sigh* Well, since the entire list has pretty much been posted here, I suppose there really IS no point in trying to stop the spread now. Andrea makes sense in that she was a returnee from the first RI season and they'd probably want to save Matt for a full All-Star season. I'm also pretty sure Brandon came back purely on name alone. As for Francesca? There's a rumour floating around I've heard that says with how well-received Skupin was, she's there to test if a full blown "2nd chances" season with people who finished, say...9th and worse could be potentially successful, which, if that season comes from things is the ONLY way I could see her inclusion being justified.

Jem.

Smash Master
Matt is never going to come back. He made a fatal mistake twice, and he's a guy whose Christian beliefs interfere with his ability to play the game. If he only got blindsided once, maybe they would have brought him back. But he fell for the same blindside twice. They had the ability to send Boston Rob to Redemption Island and didn't fire on it. Obviously CBS probably would have been pissed if B-Rob lost, the writing was on the wall that they really wanted Boston Rob to win a season.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Matt is never going to come back. He made a fatal mistake twice, and he's a guy whose Christian beliefs interfere with his ability to play the game. If he only got blindsided once, maybe they would have brought him back. But he fell for the same blindside twice. They had the ability to send Boston Rob to Redemption Island and didn't fire on it. Obviously CBS probably would have been pissed if B-Rob lost, the writing was on the wall that they really wanted Boston Rob to win a season.

The thing is though, Matt was really popular with people that season, so I'd imagine he would be likely to come back.

Jem.

Smash Master
The thing is though, Matt was really popular with people that season, so I'd imagine he would be likely to come back.
False, Survivor is very serious about not wasting returning players. They are bringing Cochran back because it looked like by the end he was growing and they want to see if he can play a better game knowing what he knows. Fool me once, shame on them. Fool me twice, shame on me. That's pretty much how it goes for Survivor casting. Casting is an interesting process. Probst has said he REALLY wants to bring Rob Cesternino back, but he cant find a way to put him in because the way he went out in All-Stars is the same way it will likely happen again, being a waste of a casting spot. He is too smart to keep around.

Matt had a chance to redeem himself (huehue pun) and proved his Christian beliefs were too much to be sneaky and do that to Boston Rob. If the blindside only happened once, I bet they'd consider him. But it happening twice? He fully proved he isnt capable of playing the game.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I like hearing Jem's perspective on casting.

I really hated this list at first, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

I'm rooting for Erik R, Malcolm, Corinne, and Cockroach

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'm also very confused over Andrea and Francesca... The rest are good choices though.
Guarantee they want Phillip to pronounce Francesca's and Andrea's names wrong again "Francesqua" and "Andraya"

Coincidence?

I don't know otherwise though...I was thinking Matt would of been there instead.

WIDL

We Are Born
Initially I hated the returnee list a little, especially on the boys' side. I like Erik R a lot (probably one of my all-time faves, and I don't think that flaw he made will happen again). Malcolm is a no-brainer (though I hear Troyzan was there but got replaced because he couldn't keep his mouth shut - thankfully). Cochran, I didn't want at all. But Jem.'s points made me reconsider. I think you're right, but he is still a liability in challenges. They don't look very strong for challenges.

Brandon. Just a stupid pick. Let the Hantz name die already. PLUS, he also gave up individual immunity (like Erik) and got voted out and made way more strategical errors otherwise. I don't them to church up another season (frankly made me like SoPa and RI a little less, some is OK (like this season) but those seasons were overkill, especially SoPA)). And Phillip is not a great choice either. He was so obviously a puppet and a goat. He can't play this game. Ugh. Here you could have great game players like Ken (though he messed up towards the end) or Stephen.

I'm okay with the women choices. I feel like one of the few people that actually like that Francesca is returning. From the little we saw from her, she seemed like a decent game player with a case of the bad luck (Phillip) and she had a few zingers. She could give a lot of witty comments if she stays. Andrea I liked a lot, but unfortunately Boston Rob had already solidified his alliance and they weren't budging - I think she had the most brains out of the RI girls. Corinne is just one fantastic choice. No brainer. Brenda is cool as well. Dawn is a head scratcher for me, but she is likeable and succeeded my expectations. From the girl side I think we have more players to choose from than the men side (for me at least), so I don't see the shortage of women comment. I could easily put like three or four of the Tocantins women there (Erinn, Sierra, Debbie or Taj in the order of who I want the most), Kelly (Samoa) who unfortunately got blindsided by Russell H, it's a shame we didn't get to know her. Natalie Bolton (Micronesia). Jill Behm (Nicaragua) (just wish she had made the jury). Crystal Cox would be hilarious, but not a good pick probably.

I think I want Brandon and Phillip to leave immédiatement.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
One thing that really irks me is that 6 out of the 10 people from the supposed cast are from Redemption Island and South Pacific, which are two seasons that are generally seen to be "meh" in the eyes of both internet fans and casual fans. To me, it's similar to doing Heroes vs Villains and having 5 people be from Thailand, and 5 people be from Fiji. And it's kind of sad because it's like...there's not a lot of season diversity there, when even if they're picking just seasons from Micronesia to Philippines, there's a lot more seasons.

To me, a much better list would be something like:

Erik R
Kenny
Malcolm
Shane
Michelle Y
Brenda
Peih Gee
Andrea
Natalie Bolton
Stephen (he's still about as physical as say, Brandon was, but if that's not applicable, you can always replace him with Troyzan)

That still gets the bit of new people in, and is a lot more broad and varied season wise.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
One thing that really irks me is that 6 out of the 10 people from the supposed cast are from Redemption Island and South Pacific, which are two seasons that are generally seen to be "meh" in the eyes of both internet fans and casual fans. To me, it's similar to doing Heroes vs Villains and having 5 people be from Thailand, and 5 people be from Fiji. And it's kind of sad because it's like...there's not a lot of season diversity there, when even if they're picking just seasons from Micronesia to Philippines, there's a lot more seasons.

To me, a much better list would be something like:

Erik R
Kenny
Malcolm
Shane
Michelle Y
Brenda
Peih Gee
Andrea
Natalie Bolton
Stephen (he's still about as physical as say, Brandon was, but if that's not applicable, you can always replace him with Troyzan)

That still gets the bit of new people in, and is a lot more broad and varied season wise.
Understatement of the century.

To me, SoPA, RI, and One World are the three worst seasons. RI is probably the worst.

My list would have been:

Malcom(25)
Ken(17)
Cochran(23)
Colton(24)
Erik R(16)
Corinne(17)
Brenda(21)
Sierra(18)
Francesca(22)
Kelly(19)

Meeeooww

Smash Rookie
I'm really liking these alternative lists a lot more than the real one. There are way too many people from RI and SoPa, I agree. Didn't Jeff really like RI though, which maybe is where all of these 'favourites' are coming from?

Also, Peih Gee major love. She should definitely play again.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I wanna see RC again in all her curvaceous glory...but probably won't happen. :/

WIDL

We Are Born
If season 30 is like Heroes vs Villains 2 or All-Stars, I think RC could make it. I believe I read on ew.com that either Dalton Ross (recapper) or Jeff Probst said she has returnee qualities, but I'm not sure. Who would return for a potential HvV2/All-Star from season 25? Abi-Maria seems like a sure thing. And if Malcolm does well on this season, I think he is a third-timer.

Understatement of the century.

To me, SoPA, RI, and One World are the three worst seasons. RI is probably the worst.

My list would have been:

Malcom(25)
Ken(17)
Cochran(23)
Stephen(18)
Erik R(16)
Corinne(17)
Brenda(21) or Erinn (18)
Sierra(18)
Francesca(22)
Kelly(19)
I made a tiny tiny adjustment to your list. ;) And I agree that RI, SoPa and One World probably are the worst. I'd put them above Fiji and Thailand by a long shot though. Bored me to tears. At least RI, SoPa and One World had the right winners (imo, though I don't like Boston Rob). Not saying that Fiji and Thailand didn't, but those seasons overall were blah.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I feel like Colton could have saved One World from being completely terrible. I hate Colton as a human being, but I think he could have changed that season around. I'm a huge Colton fanboy. I like your changes, tho. Erinn was one of my choices, but I didn't wanna have two females from S18, and I like Sierra just a smidgeon better.

WIDL

We Are Born
I thought Jeff said Colton quit? It sure looked like a med evac, though. I couldn't clear that up. I know Jeff doesn't want quitters of the game to return. The possible exception to that rule is of course Jenna Morasca, but I doubt she'll play again tbh. He was a decent player, but he treated people (Christina mainly) like ****, and that's not good jury management.

Top Bottom