• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I thought Jeff said Colton quit? It sure looked like a med evac, though. I couldn't clear that up. I know Jeff doesn't want quitters of the game to return. The possible exception to that rule is of course Jenna Morasca, but I doubt she'll play again tbh. He was a decent player, but he treated people (Christina mainly) like ****, and that's not good jury management.

Don't forget that the racist douche got his entire tribe to give up Immunity so they could vote out Bill and that he was constantly calling Leif an "oompa loompa".

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Yeah I think there's a fine line between enjoyable douchy (Tyson, Rob) and unbelievably douchy (Colton). I just didn't like Colton at all. It was pretty funny when at the reunion he thought he was going to get most popular...and didn't even break top 3.

Jem.

Smash Master
The sad part is he was still arguably the 2nd best player in the season. Much rather watch Colton than watch three guys get blindsided in a row and still not believe what happened. I bet Jay still went to Ponderosa thinking there was no way the girls turned on him after Mike went the same way.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The sad part is he was still arguably the 2nd best player in the season. Much rather watch Colton than watch three guys get blindsided in a row and still not believe what happened. I bet Jay still went to Ponderosa thinking there was no way the girls turned on him after Mike went the same way.

Man, I swear Jay's vote off was one of the most facepalm worthy things I have ever seen.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Got my mother and father the Pearl Islands season on DVD for Christmas because they like Rupert a lot (as do I), and we'll be watching it again together for the first time since it aired. :3

Jem.

Smash Master
I think only the first 10 seasons are on DVD. I think Survivor/CBS just slacked and didn't care after that.. I don't think many people buy the DVDs or they just got lazy

Robotic Wind

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grey Walrus
Hello,

I agree one world wasn't very interesting and would have been so different if it wasn't for Colton leaving. I did like this past season and really enjoy Molcolm and I hope he does well next season.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I think only the first 10 seasons are on DVD. I think Survivor/CBS just slacked and didn't care after that.. I don't think many people buy the DVDs or they just got lazy

That's actually untrue. As far as I know, through Amazon.ca official "print by order releases" the following are released (on top of the first 10 seasons):

Survivor Cook Islands
Survivor Guatemala
Survivor Heroes vs Villains
Survivor Fiji
Survivor Exile Island

There could be more but...that's about all I know of.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'd love to own every season on DVD but I guess that's a long shot at this point.

Well, we thought that it was, but if Africa and Thailand of all seasons can be released, then I think it's fair to say just about every season is up for consideration. I'd find it hard to believe they wouldn't release Micronesia or Samoa.

Kellz

Smash Cadet
NNID
MissKellyAesop
3DS FC
2466-4507-1948
Well, we thought that it was, but if Africa and Thailand of all seasons can be released, then I think it's fair to say just about every season is up for consideration. I'd find it hard to believe they wouldn't release Micronesia or Samoa.
At least iTunes has the majority of the seasons for sale if my memory is correct.

Jem.

Smash Master
Told you guys, never doubt the Super nerds on the SurvivorSucks website. Although I highly suggest you dont go there. I had Philippines spoiled for me in a non spoiler thread. These people do extensive creeping/lurking, and they notice the trend of people who add/follow people on a Survivor season and important casting people, and also notice the dip when you're off twitter for around 50 days. That's why it became really obvious for people like Cochran, haha. Anytime its a returning player season and they leave it gets blasted quick.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Told you guys, never doubt the Super nerds on the SurvivorSucks website. Although I highly suggest you dont go there. I had Philippines spoiled for me in a non spoiler thread. These people do extensive creeping/lurking, and they notice the trend of people who add/follow people on a Survivor season and important casting people, and also notice the dip when you're off twitter for around 50 days. That's why it became really obvious for people like Cochran, haha. Anytime its a returning player season and they leave it gets blasted quick.

I will always ALWAYS doubt those idiots there even if they're ridiculously creepy people who stalk random nobodies. Any "spoiler" is really just Speculation and nothing but Speculation until it's proven by CBS themselves. Granted, I still would never read them and I stay away from Sucks because they're really the garbage juice of the internet in terms of type of people, but that doesn't really detract from the point.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I do find it funny that from a bunch of the "meet the cast" videos I've seen, a number of the Favourites seem like even they're half struggling to say why they're "Fan Favourites".

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Lol if I were Francesca I'd be like "meh the only reason I'm back is because Phillip kept screwing my name up and it was damn hilarious."

Michael Snow #1 pet peeve: "I don't like 'crazy.' If you can't think rationally stay away from me." PLEASE god let him meet Phillip in the merge.

Jem.

Smash Master
No way, at this point what those people say is true. They also had the final four all correct. I have no idea how, somehow they have sources. They said Denise/Lisa/Skupin was final 3 and that it appeared Denise had the edge at the final tribal council. And that was before the season started.. They nailed every cast member! I only check for the cast members then leave now lol.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
No way, at this point what those people say is true. They also had the final four all correct. I have no idea how, somehow they have sources. They said Denise/Lisa/Skupin was final 3 and that it appeared Denise had the edge at the final tribal council. And that was before the season started.. They nailed every cast member! I only check for the cast members then leave now lol.

Then I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree because with the nature of how Sucks is as a whole, I will almost NEVER take what they say about things at face value regardless of whether they got lucky in the past or not.

Jem.

Smash Master
Then I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree because with the nature of how Sucks is as a whole, I will almost NEVER take what they say about things at face value regardless of whether they got lucky in the past or not.
I don't get how listing every boot off before it happens is any sort of luck when it's done consistently

I mean, go look up Spoilers for Caramoan and find out if they match when it airs. I'll advise you though it'll kill a lot of your hype because they're probably correct

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I don't get how listing every boot off before it happens is any sort of luck when it's done consistently

I mean, go look up Spoilers for Caramoan and find out if they match when it airs. I'll advise you though it'll kill a lot of your hype because they're probably correct

I'm likely the most anti-spoiler person you'll ever find, so I can tell you now that's NOT going to happen for Caramoan or any season in Survivor history. Like I said though, to me it's just speculation until the show proves otherwise and be it fortunately or unfortunately, I kinda doubt I'm going to be convinced otherwise, lol.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I don't even understand why so many people on that site would want to know the boot order before the season even began.

It makes no sense... You're essentially losing a good majority of the excitement that the show even provides by spoiling yourself like that.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I don't even understand why so many people on that site would want to know the boot order before the season even began.

It makes no sense... You're essentially losing a good majority of the excitement that the show even provides by spoiling yourself like that.

Yeah, I totally agree. To me, it takes away one of the main draws of Survivor, which is unpredictability.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
At least with video game spoilers, you can still experience a healthy portion of the game. Spoiling a movie/show destroys everything. XD

Jem.

Smash Master
I agree it sucks for tv. I was just saying I don't get how you can say they aren't right or it's luck when they do it every season lol. I knew Cochran was on this upcoming season like 4-5 months ago when it's only been publicly confirmed for a week or 2 XD.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So I was going over bits from the previous seasons the returnees were on and I re-watched the premiere of RI and found this bit from the first Tribal Council that's kind of retro-actively funny when you think about this season.

Francesca goes up and votes for Phillip and says: "I hadn't planned on voting for you or Boston Rob tonight, but your crazy outburst has spared Natalie. I hope to never see you again." Well...so much for THAT wish, lol.

Jem.

Smash Master
The only reason they brought her back is 99.9% to see how Philip and her react to each other. There would be no other reason to bring her back except for the potential TV Value of having them again on the same tribe. Just like after HvV they wanted Boston Rob vs Russell Hantz again since it was such a big hit there. Unfortunately CBS was probably hoping Russell Hantz would make it a lot farther than being voted out Day 8. It seemed like they wanted a Russell Hantz vs Boston Rob endgame

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
That argument between her and Phillip has gotta be in my top 3 funniest tribal council moments though.

I'm gonna give her a chance this season just because of that.

In an unrelated note... I've come to the conclusion that I'm in love with Brenda. I really, really hope she makes it far this time around. Who doesn't love a woman that's a good strategist AND fantastic eye candy?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The only reason they brought her back is 99.9% to see how Philip and her react to each other. There would be no other reason to bring her back except for the potential TV Value of having them again on the same tribe. Just like after HvV they wanted Boston Rob vs Russell Hantz again since it was such a big hit there. Unfortunately CBS was probably hoping Russell Hantz would make it a lot farther than being voted out Day 8. It seemed like they wanted a Russell Hantz vs Boston Rob endgame

That being said though, CBS was kidding themselves if they didn't think Zapatera would vote off Russell the first chance they got once they'd actually seen how he played.

Jem.

Smash Master
I talked to Russell Hantz once and despite his tough guy "I'm done" act he said truthfully he does want to play again and wants to win. The problem is like Probst said with Rob Cesternino: Probst said on Rob C's podcast that they've been trying to find a way to bring Rob back, but the problem is the same thing that happened on All-Stars could happen to him again. They said they're still trying to find a way to bring him back though. Rob C in Amazon was still one of the funnest individual performances I've seen on Survivor.

I still stand by this: Russell Hantz butchered the jury so bad in HvV. But there is no way Natalie or Mick deserved any shot of winning in Samoa. Still one of the most bitter juries of all time in Survivor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRH6kDE5Cyk#t=1m20s Click the link to go to where I linked. Not the biggest Hantz fan, but I feel like his opening statement said it all about Samoa.

Is anyone else watching "The King Of The Nerds" that started last Thursday? My friend Celeste is on it, so I'm rooting for her. CONAN O'BRIEN wants to have her on his show February 12th. Pretty legit

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Russell shouldn't come back ever again. Nobody would ever trust him and we'd have another Redemption Island scenario where he's one of the first ones voted off based on his past history. Plus I feel like 4 times is enough... It's time for CBS to find some new Robs, Russells, Parvatis, etc.

But yeah unfortunately both Samoa and HvV had bitter juries. Russell should have won Samoa and Parvati should have won HvV.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I was upset when Russell was voted out so soon on his third attempt, but that entire tribe paid for it dearly. Throwing challenges is rarely a good idea. That whole tribe melted as a result.

Jem.

Smash Master
I don't like Sandra, but with the way she plays, she could win a 3rd time if they ever have a full on All-Star season again and want to see what happens. Her strategy works for her. She is loyal until the end, she will never beat you in a challenge, but she'll play for herself at the same time. Her hatred for Russell is the only reason she won HvV. She tried to get the Heroes to help get rid of him, which pretty much won it.

Top Bottom