• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The men deserved to lose the instant they voluntary went to tribal council after winning tribal immunity. That made it a stupid season for me. It wasn't some "wow blindside" moment. It was a "wow empowering the enemy tribe like idiots" moment. So, I have no sympathy for any of them.

Of the remaining woman, I would like to see Christina weasel her way to the end somehow. She's not very bright, but given all the crap people have dished out on her, it would be perfect revenge.

The more I watch this show, the more I understand that power really is attained through fear. There have been many chances for people to form new alliances and turn the game on its head, but they don't out of fear of betrayal, the plan not working out, etc. This is what causes players like Edna and Christina to just walk into the death trap. For whatever reason, they are OK with 100% chance of going home in a few days as long as the chance is 0% right now. This is why players like Russel are so cunning. They understand it's worth having a 50% chance of going home right now if it means paving the way to have 50% chance of staying alive next time.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
You're 100% correct. What you said is exactly what Colton had going for him. Even though nobody really liked him and a lot of people didn't agree with his methods, everyone was too intimidated to make a move against him. After the whole Leif situation especially, Colton made it known to everyone on that tribe that if he finds out you're scheming against him, you're gone with no questions asked.

Kim has the same thing going for her right now as well. Seems like most of the girls are too afraid to make a move against her, despite the fact that she's controlling the game with an iron fist.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Kim's success is similar to that of Coach's: the leader makes the followers fear other stuff. If the leader makes direct threats ("Do this our we're gonna vote you out") then the follower starts to look for ways out and chances to blindside. However, by making the follower feel cozy and secure, we end up with these Edna Traps. (Yes, I'm calling them Edna Traps now.)

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Looks like
Kim wins, based on my predicion for the finale. I think she seems a tiny bit more likeable then coach and she hasnt made any promises (or did she to kat?) that can make her not able to get any votes?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Here's my prediction of who I think is most likely to win (1) down to least likely to win (5).
1. Kim
2. Sabrina
3. Alicia
4. Chelsea
5. Christina

:phone:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
As much as I hate to admit it, Kim is the first player since Russell to genuinely control the game. It is INSANE how much mind control Kim has over the other players. She has relationships with everyone, and she is quick to cleanup messes. It's disgusting.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
As much as I hate to admit it, Kim is the first player since Russell to genuinely control the game. It is INSANE how much mind control Kim has over the other players. She has relationships with everyone, and she is quick to cleanup messes. It's disgusting.
Damn right. The way I see it, Kim is the ONLY player who deserves the win. Even players like Sabrina and Chelsea are nothing but sheep right now.

If Christina wins, I'm gonna lose it.

At least in HvV, Parvati did some things. I would have had no problem with Parvati winning HvV, with Russel in second.

HvV left a real sour taste in my mouth because of Sandra winning, and every season after has had only one person really pulling the strings.

I like Kim, I really do. I just wish people would step up and try to take a risk.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
The production team works so hard to make it look like there is going to be a close vote at tribal council. The scenes of dissension are packaged together to create the illusion of a hard decision to be made, but really, you can just see where most of the conversation went. Alicia probably considered teaming with Tarzan for all of 15 minutes, but once Kim poisoned her mind with Tarzan's planned betrayal, Alicia was suckered right in. The beauty of Kim's approach is that no one even remotely suspects that Kim is pulling the strings. Sabrina talked about Kim's convincing nature in one interview, but that's about it. This is the big flaw in Russell's approach: he seems to delight in making sure everyone he takes down knows 100% is was because of him (probably in hopes that the jury respects power players).

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Sabrina and Chelsea both gave idiotic opening speeches. It's like they didn't even want to win.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Someone uh...should probably change that title to S26 instead of S25, since the preview for Survivor: The Philippines said they'll have 3 people back who were medically evacuated from the game.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Last 2 tribal was so well done by Kim. First getting a "easy" vote, then having opponents help her win. Chelsea made it kinda clear she didnt want to win when she did that.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Someone uh...should probably change that title to S26 instead of S25, since the preview for Survivor: The Philippines said they'll have 3 people back who were medically evacuated from the game.
I'll change it right after I finish watching the reunion.

Kim played the PERFECT game. Seriously I would rival her dominance with that of Boston Rob's when he won in his season. She gained EVERYONE'S trust and voted them out one by one, but the people who she voted out felt such a connection with her that they gave her the money anyways. In addition to that she never took the easy way out (bringing Christina along) and stuck with her original alliance and STILL won. Then once you add on the immunity challenge dominance... Like I said, she played a near perfect game. I want to see her in an All Stars season.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I'll change it right after I finish watching the reunion.

Kim played the PERFECT game. Seriously I would rival her dominance with that of Boston Rob's when he won in his season. She gained EVERYONE'S trust and voted them out one by one, but the people who she voted out felt such a connection with her that they gave her the money anyways. In addition to that she never took the easy way out (bringing Christina along) and stuck with her original alliance and STILL won. Then once you add on the immunity challenge dominance... Like I said, she played a near perfect game. I want to see her in an All Stars season.
As long as we get to see Ken as well.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'd be awesome if Ken returned for 25. I didn't get to see him much in Gabon because I got bored with the season quickly.

:phone:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Ken played a very good under-the-radar "puppet master" game and could have gone very deep if Bob (the winner of the season) kept his promise and gave his idol to Ken. But ehh Bob ended up winning so Ken just got flat-out outplayed honestly. :\

Smasher89

Smash Lord
TRG- Are you sure, if I remember correcly from the Ken season
Sugar had the idle, Bob just used a number of fake ones and let his opponents outplay themselves. Sugar even played the idle on another player making sure she didnt get any votes on final 3.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
TRG- Are you sure, if I remember correcly from the Ken season
Sugar had the idle, Bob just used a number of fake ones and let his opponents outplay themselves. Sugar even played the idle on another player making sure she didnt get any votes on final 3.
Sugar had the idol from way early on but didn't use it because she never felt threatened. She was a vital swing vote. What basically happened was that Ken got too cocky and thought he had everyone under his control. He and Crystal were gunning for Matty and she finally played it to save him and take out Crystal. From that point on, it was Ken vs everyone else. He lost the challenge and they took him out.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So, who should return for the next Survivor season? Imo I think it should be

1. Courtney (She barely even got to play the game, feel kinda bad for her. Would be much better than Colton.)

2. Russell Swann

3. Michael Skulpin

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I agree with the last 2 for sure, especially Russel Swan.

I told you guys before but I randomly came across him in a hotel and ended up having an hour long convo with him about Survivor... What a great guy I remember asking him if he would return to go at it again if he was asked and he said "absolutely!!"

Looks like he's going to get that chance after all. :) I'll be rooting for him all the way if he's in.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I really believe Kourtney should come back over Colton. Imagine how devastating it would be to leave the game after literally the first 5 minutes of the game like she did. Colton was just a brat. Michael and Russell for returning all the way though. 'Specially Russell.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I really believe Kourtney should come back over Colton. Imagine how devastating it would be to leave the game after literally the first 5 minutes of the game like she did. Colton was just a brat. Michael and Russell for returning all the way though. 'Specially Russell.
Come on now, Kourtney would not have lasted long anyway. She's one of those players that you can tell is a blase, nothing-special player.

Colton, on the other hand, would have COMPLETELY changed this season around. Sure, he's a brat. Sure, you hate his personality. The kid was smart. He would have been one of Kim's toughest rivals out there. He had potential to WIN.

And while ghetto *** Alicia thought she was anywhere near Kim's level (Lmfao @ that. She had TARZAN and CHRISTINA. That's a REALLY strong trio right there. Really. A seventy something man with no social skills, and quite frankly someone who's head was never really in the game. They were never going to do anything.), she actually was not. Colton would have been.

If Colton isn't one of the returning players, I might not watch the season.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I finally setup my antennae to receive local channels. Maybe I can watch the show live this time around. I'm so used to watching it online.

WIDL

We Are Born
Bump, kinda. I wanna see Jonathan Penner back. Hated him in the Cook Islands, but kinda dug his style during Fans V Faves. They gotta do another Fans V Faves.

My bet is that they are bringing back Jonathan Penner, Russell Swan and Mike Skupin.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I forgot about Penner being evac'd in 16. He'd be a great player to have back. He never got his full shot.

Jem.

Smash Master
Wild is correct on who is back.

By the way, survivor season 26 is a fans vs favorites season. If you guys want some hardcore spoilers on that season, I'll post them :). It's from a reliable source of another guy on the SurvivorSucks website. It has the final three and the probable winner based off the final tribal council. Or if you just want some light things like all the Favorite's who are in it, I can do that too.

WIDL

We Are Born
*Widl. (ignore the extra i, lol) ^^

Are you for reals about season 26?! Awesome! I'd like to know which favorites are back. :) I don't wanna get spoiled on the results.

Oh yeah, gotta do a list thingie, I've watched every season. I started with Gabon, 17, obviously, and I loved it - so I continued watching the show. I think my second one was either Tocantins or Micronesia. And I actually quite liked Tocantins. Erinn was my favorite player, she wasn't the best, but I thought she did pretty good towards the end. Would love to see her again.

My favorite seasons top 5:

1. Micronesia (so much gameplay and the episodes were always interesting)
2. Heroes V Villains (Amandaaaa, Courtneeeey, Saaaandraaa <3 overall a lot of players I like)
3. Palau (wipeout, didn't care for the final two though)
4. China (Courtney <3)
5. All-Stars or Austrialia (can't decide, Gabon is up there too)

Bottom 5:

20. Africa (it was ok, but still kinda boring)
21. Redemption Island I (I honestly do not like Rob Mariano, too much, great player though)
22. Nicaragua (loved the winner, but it went downhill for me after Jill got voted out)
23. Thailand (boring)
24. Fiji (bleh, hated it)

Top 5 girls:

1. Courtney Yates (attitude, zingers, I laugh every time she opens her mouth)
2. Sandra, the queen (a lot like Courtney too)
3. Amanda Kimmel (she was one of the first player I saw in action, dug her gameplay, but socially she lacks a little)
4. Erinn Lobdell (no real reason other then the fact that I liked her a lot during Tocantins)
5. Kim Spradlin (one of the best strategists, at least amongst the girls imo) - Sierra's up there too
OH, and Kelly from Samoa, she seemed so good at puzzles and very smart overall. Wish she got featured more. Damn Russell... .-.

Boys (don't really care for a LOT of them, but):

1. Erik Reichenbach (ICE CREAM SCOOPER!)
2. Ken Hoang (obviously!)
3. Yul Kwon (likeable and smart)
4. Brendan Synnott (from Tocantins, he had the best plan ever, but it failed. this guy had some potential)
5. Fabio, I guess.

No Russell, I'm sick of him. I think he was lucking out a little in HvV. Tyson was so stupid, and no one had seen Russell's season I believe.

Sorry it's such a long post, lol.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'd like to know which favorites are back as well.

Don't want to hear about the rest though! Wow I'm already pumped for 26 and 25 isn't even out yet. lol

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Yeah, I'm OK with a roster spoiler, but please, no results spoilers of any kind.

Jem.

Smash Master
I personally liked Russell. And he was straight up snubbed out of the Samoa win, I'm sorry. I feel like I could put it aside that Natalie and Mick were nowhere near deserving of winning that season if I was on that jury. And I felt like at worst Russell should have gotten 2nd in HvV, not 3rd. (But still felt like he played the best game in HvV as well). Russell tweeted at me and said honestly if he were asked to play again, he would if it was an all-star season, not the conditions he was brought back the 3rd time. It was obviously set up so that they could have Boston Rob vs Russell end game, but it didn't pan out that way since his tribe threw the challenge to get him out. HvV had the best pre-merge I think of any season, and that was because it was pretty sweet to see Russell and Boston Rob go at it. Oddly enough, I really want to see Lex play again. He was a pretty cool character, always tried, was kind of a badass. I'm surprised he never got a chance to play again after the first All-Stars.

The favorite's in Fan vs Favorite's season 26 are..

John Cochran - Season 23
Brandon Hantz - Season 23
Phillip Sheppard - Season 22
Corinne Kaplan - Season 17 (That is Gabon, Ken's season)
Francesca Hogi (Season 22)
Dawn Meehan (Season 23)
Brenda Lowe (Season 21)
Andrea Boehlke (Season 22)
Erik Reichenbach (Survivor 16 - The original Fans vs Favorites all-star season, oddly enough. This time on the Favorites side)
Malcolm not sure on last name. He is apparently from Survivor 25 that is airing this fall, so it must have been the rare case where he was so good or polarizing they wanted him back instantly.

I'm a bit confused on why Francesca got invited to play again, she didn't do well at all. Would have much rather seen Ken get another shot, or someone else. I'd prefer to see Todd play again, but it seems like they didn't want a previous winner to be on the Favorite's.

WIDL

We Are Born
Seems like the season of second chances. So excited to see Erik, Andrea, Corinne and Brenda (to a certain extent, she was kinda cocky) back. I disliked Corinne during Gabon, but she is the perfect villain, and she did know the game. And I know she was supposed to be on HvV. Kiiiinda disappointed by the rest. Too many from season 23. I'd be okay with only Dawn from season 23 tbh. Couldn't stand Brandon or Cochran.

I think it's cool that Francesca got invited to play again, so random, but for the short amount of time she was on, I kinda liked her. I'm rewatching the first episode of S22 now. But in terms of people eliminated first, I'd much rather have Marisa from Samoa. She was interesting, just a case of bad luck after Russell made his zombies eat her.

I would easily have swapped out:

Cochran for Ken
Brandon for Todd
Phillip (whyyyy, he was sooo annoying) for, I don't know, Matt (same season) or Brendan (Tocantins) or Stephen (Tocantins) or Brett (Samoa) or Marcus (Gabon) or Erik (Samoa) or Danger Dave?! I don't know. Todd won though, so I guess they didn't wanna bring back a winner.

I'm OK with the girls, but:

Francesca for Kelly (Samoa)
Dawn for Jill (Nicaragua) or Crystal Cox (:p) or Peih Gee (China, annoying, but a true underdog) or Natalie (Micronesia) or Alexis (Micronesia, blindsided by her own alliance) or Sierra (Tocantins, underdog, bad start) or Erinn (Tocantins) or Holly (Nicaragua) or Jane (Nicaragua).

yeah.

Jem.

Smash Master
I thought Cochran was very deserving of a second chance I think. And we all know Jeff Probst develops these super-crushes. The biggest being Boston Rob. (I am sorry, but I am convinced CBS wanted Redemption Island to be Russell vs Rob endgame with Rob winning, and Redemption Island to make sure neither of them got outed too early, even though Russell did) Probst has a crush on Russell too, and I honestly think he would invite him back for something like a season 30 all stars type thing. He had a known "crush" for Cochran and Philip as well. Cochran was learning how to play but it was too late. I think he was star struck being a superfan his first time.

One thing I noticed is.. Where are the buff people on the favorites? I remember the first FvF you had Ozzy, James. Not that I'm complaining, it's nice when they don't go based off looks. Just it's just something that stood out to me when I read who was competing for the Favorites. Is Brandon really the strongest physical player for the Favorites? He was pretty strong though, breaking Rupert's weight lifting challenge type record, which is impressive since he was a lot smaller than Rupert.

I think they invited Brandon back for obvious reasons. Even Russell kind of makes fun of it. They seem to milk the words "Russell Hantz" having flashbacks in episodes to Russell, always making sure to mention he is the most hated villain Russell Hantz' nephew. Betting on a Brandon meltdown or argument at some point for drama is assured. Wonder if Philip will have any crazy racist breakdowns. I am excited to see Corrine play, she was one of my favorites in Gabon outside Ken, then probably Matty and her.

Matt of RI was too naive to get a second chance. He might have gotten a second chance if he only got blindsided once. But I think the second blindside assured CBS and company he is too naive in the game. But then you say the same about Erik, giving up immunity when guaranteed final four. But maybe because it was only one screw up, they want to see if he's learned.

I wonder about the future star-power of those favorites though. The first one you had the likes of Ozzy, Parvati, Amanda, James, all pretty much historic in Survivor. I think they had a weird batch to choose from though, and really wanted to avoid scenarios where there would be a 3 time playing favorite. (Being why Russell/Rob types aren't on there, and are likely saved for a big big all-star season)

I wonder if Kim is the only worthy person coming back from One World. This season (26) was filmed in May - June, so a few days after the live reunion for One World. We've seen people play off limited rest. Russell only had like, a week or two of real life before going right back to Heroes vs Villains, and I think Amanda and James had the same thing in China to Fan vs Favorites. I would have liked to see Troyzan taken the spot of Francesca or something. I know Troyzan was crazy, especially in the "THIS IS MY ISLAND" speech when he won immunity, but I can respect when someone really loves the game and wants to win and shows emotion. They had atleast a few months break during airing, so I wonder if they're saving Kim or someone else from One World for an all-star season as well. Unless Kim falls under the "solid, kind of boring leader" like Todd who never got to play again (Even though I think Todd has said he would play again if asked) would be a shame, Yul/Todd/Kim all deserve another chance to play. Even Bob from Gabon I wouldn't mind seeing play again. And Ken for obvious reasons, was a good player.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
BRENDA IS BACK **** YEAH!!! Also very excited to see Cochran, Phillip, Corrine, and Erik return.

The rest are a bit meh but BRENDA is back so who cares??? :D

Brenda is back and she won't have ANY mercy baby. She's a beautiful, cold hearted KILLER. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Jem.

Smash Master
I agree, Brenda was a likeable person from Nicaragua :). Would have much preferred her in Final 3 over Sash.. Didn't even care for Chase really either though. Fabio I thought was funny and I think he was a little bit smarter than everyone gave him credit for

Do you guys think they'll invite Ozzy back if somewhere around Season 30 is a full on all-star season? I think he said he'd have to think if he wanted to play again, because he got as close as he did in South Pacific and doesn't know if he could get that close again. He'd only be the 2nd person to play four times.

But personally I would like to see him, Parvati, and Russell play for a 4th time. And see if Sandra can go 3/3 in Survivor.

WIDL

We Are Born
They might be deserving for another shot. I just find Cochran and Phillip extreeeemly annoying. lol. And I feel Brandon is there just to keep the Hantz name going. Ughh. There were so many others they could have chosen. Like, I don't know, KEN FREAKIN' HOANG?!

If Cochran just mans up this time, I might even root for him. But I'm totally pulling for Erik to go far this time, unless he's a victim of "huge threat, get him out early". I do hope he has grown out his hair a little though. I totally dug his hair during Micronesia. :p

edit:

oh, and I'm rewatching the Amazon season. I quite like it. The winner was so unlikely for me in the beginning. I think I might do Ken's season after this, even though I hate the last few episodes. Ken is actually really annoying towards the end. :/

Jem.

Smash Master
Amazon was a fantastic season because of all the blindsides. I was sad when Rob Cesternino went. Then he got outed so fast by Boston Rob in All-Stars.

I was always curious why the first All-Stars is only middle of the pack/below average. I guess the last couple episodes you could tell it would be Amber and Rob. The Rob/Lex drama was pretty awesome though.

I think Ken was more frustrated that his blindside of Matty didn't prevail, and that even though Bob agreed to give him immunity, didn't because word got out that they'd blindside Bob if he gave it up, so he started whining a bit yeah.

WIDL

We Are Born
Also, Amazon is kinda edgy. :p

I guess Ken shouldn't have tried to screw Bob over. He might actually have gotten the necklace. lol. It is still a risk to take though, guaranteeing Bob top 4, and hoping he won't win another one (though, Suzy won, LOL).

Top Bottom