• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, I also don't particularly like the HII all that much, and people who are "Idol Dependant". I mean, one is fine, good gameplay that you used it as a move, but needing 2 or 3, or 4 or more? Your game's obviously not that good if you have to depend on a twist.

Sariku

Smash Master
Well, I also don't particularly like the HII all that much, and people who are "Idol Dependant". I mean, one is fine, good gameplay that you used it as a move, but needing 2 or 3, or 4 or more? Your game's obviously not that good if you have to depend on a twist.
Or it makes you great because you can use a "twist" to your advantage, :]

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
If you're in a horrible position on your tribe and you wind up getting swapped to a tribe with one outsider from yours, a couple of outsiders from the other tribe, and 2 main alliance people from the other tribe and get saved a few rounds, that's not 'good game' is it? That's needing a swap to save you. :bee:

Sariku

Smash Master
If you're in a horrible position on your tribe and you wind up getting swapped to a tribe with one outsider from yours, a couple of outsiders from the other tribe, and 2 main alliance people from the other tribe and get saved a few rounds, that's not 'good game' is it? That's needing a swap to save you. :bee:
The game is 25% percent luck, sooo, :p

Sariku

Smash Master
Oh boy. It's a good thing we get along, Livey. For real. X]
Who was your favorite player of Nicaragua, now that everything is over?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Marty was pree legit. Loved that walk he did during tribal just to piss off Naonka

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Is there a cast list out yet for Redemption Island?? Nicaragua out, RI in!

Overall, a pretty boring season, but that just means the next will undoubtedly be better!

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
^What a drag. The new twist will undoubtedly bring some new controversy and drama. I just wanna know who's gonna be a part of it. :laugh:

I can't even do a "top 3 tribal councils" section for Nicaragua because none of them were suspenseful at all... :\

Any help?

Sariku

Smash Master
I still think the one where Jane was voted out was great, as well as the one with Benry.
Shannon's tribal council was pretty entertaining.
And the final tribal, if that counts. (where they are questioned for the million)

Also, does that mean (in spoiler tags) I can post confirmed cast spoilers as I find them out, Real Gamer?

Krista Klump!
is the only certain one~!

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Yes indeed it does. Nicaragua is done so the sooner we find out about new Redemption Island stuff and about the full cast list, the better. I wish I knew who that person was... Oh well.

BUT NO BOOTLISTS :mad:

Sariku

Smash Master
Yes indeed it does. Nicaragua is done so the sooner we find out about new Redemption Island stuff and about the full cast list, the better. I wish I knew who that person was... Oh well.

BUT NO BOOTLISTS :mad:
I honestly don't think there will be a bootlist this season, :[
With Missyae being sued and all the other spoilers staying quiet, I don't know how much we'll get D:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Don't be frowning about that, it's a happy day. Well, not that he got sued, but that all the spoilers are shutting the H-E-double hockey sticks up so that we won't get those iceholes who decide to flood EVERY part of the internet with spoiler posts on Youtube, CBS, Sucks, Dalton/Probst blog comments, and in forum thread titles in the non-spoiler parts of the boards. As long as spoilers exist, so will those jerks that ruin it for EVERYBODY, and I can't be happier.

Plus, you guys are crazy if you think this is a boring season. I've enjoyed it TONS better than the past 3, and that's not just because no Russell/Parvati either.

Also Sariku, I don't want cast spoilers either since that has to do with the theme too. However got something to think about and a question for you.

If, IF that Rob/Russell thing is true, and no "oh it's been proven to/to not be" posts please, but then we'll probably see a much differently edited Russhole because of all the recent happenings, him being charged with Missyae, outed as his source, and the other spoilers being silenced. And my question though is, have you heard anything to know if the rumours about S24 being "Brains vs Brawn" being true?

Sariku

Smash Master
@Livey: Then make sure you don't highlight any spoilers I post in the thread that have to do with contestants, :p I'll be sure to make it visible if it does.

@Livey:
I doubt they know what they're doing for season 23 yet, let alone season 24. so I wouldn't believe anything about Brains VS. Brawn or whatever. all that just came from an interview where Jeff mentioned something like that, I think comparing that title to Heroes VS. Villains.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hm, I suppose, but nowadays people are assuming that when Probst mentions something about a possible theme for Survivor that it means it's going to happen soon, so...

And yeah, dunno, always been interested in the editing of things, so that's got me KINDA interested.

Sariku

Smash Master
I don't think they have any confirmed plans for 23/24, but Probst DID say this: "If Redemption Island is successful, it will give us a new addition to the game that we can use for years to come." (not exact wording)

So they don't even know if they'll be doing that again or not for season 23, haha. the same thing happened with Exile Island, becoming a mainstay of the game in a lot of the later seasons.
I miss Exile, D:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I don't miss Exile at all. It was such a pointless and boring thing that it really did nothing. ESPECIALLY when the HII wasn't even there. And remember, Probst wanted to keep the Medallion of Power permanently, so don't take it at his word.

Sariku

Smash Master
I'd like to try to take him seriously still, haha. It's something that has a lot more staying power than the medallion by its own right. very hard to compare the two.

Sariku

Smash Master
I can't believe the mutiny twist was, especially verbatim. that just fit the theme. and again, I REALLY don't think you can compare small twists to big twists. Medallion, mutiny, choosing two people to send over (China) were small twists. Tribal swaps, exile, redemption, those are big. game changers.

Though tribal swaps have become fairly small in hindsight to me, x]. since it's generally expected.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, Exile Island was supposed to be something of a Mutiny thing where when you went you could switch tribes, from the beginning. But they only wound up doing it once, and it didn't go so well. Hell, they did Mutiny three times because they thought it might work and it only paid off the third time they tried it.

Sariku

Smash Master
What would you think if they had a bunch of returning castaways, besides the rumored two? Like if it for some reason became a FvF type season?

Sariku

Smash Master
Random notice? I'm sorry, I'm slow today, x]

I'd love to see a tribe of returnees, or just all returnees solely for the part of redemption. Imagine if we actually did see Cirie and Rupert and everyone on! I'd hate it, because Rupert bores me now and Cirie would have to do a lot to make herself look as good as she did in Micronesia, but I'd do it.

But it would make any later all stars season look like a joke, lol. I expect S24 to be some type of best of the best season. I mean, All Stars was 8. FvF was 16. Another all-star type thing. or I'll be major disappoint.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, I don't think a full on All-Star thing would be necessary. I mean FvF2 would be a great chance to get some big characters a second chance that were hard to classify as Hero or Villain.

Edit: And the random thing was the "Aitutaki" bit.

Sariku

Smash Master
Well, I don't think a full on All-Star thing would be necessary. I mean FvF2 would be a great chance to get some big characters a second chance that were hard to classify as Hero or Villain.
I'd love to see some more random choices for castaways though, so maybe just something that was all favorites! Only first timers. Not second chance, but I wouldn't mind if some early booted castaways came back.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, my point was just that if they do it, we shouldn't have anybody on the Favourites tribe who's already had say....3 prior chances.

Top Bottom