• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

Sariku

Smash Master
I don't want anyone who's been on at all! I'd love to get people like Shane (we've been teased with him way too much), Burton, Todd, Sierra, Stephen, Ken, Corrine, Natalie, Natalie (Micro)...

And some of our old villains and heroes! I really think that Ozzy needs to be in some type of finale. thinking back to it, he has to be one of my top five survivor's. he's always played a great game, and he never really back stabbed TOO much. he gave his heart out in micronesia, which is really, really sweet.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I do admit it'd be kind of interesting to see some of the Fans become Favourites (Erik gets a chance at redemption?), but in no way can I justify seeing that Feminazi Natalie B back again.

Sariku

Smash Master
I can agree, but she was interesting. Interesting castaways make the season for me. I thought Flicka was interesting. Billy Garcia was interesting. What about Ian from Palau? Rocky, Yul, Earl, Dreamz, Boo... wow, Fiji really did have some interesting cast. seriously.

So I decided I'd sack up and make my top ten favorites. but it was HARD. I had a tough time differentiating favorites and most entertaining, but I think I did it. I did a top fifteen though for two reasons: 1. It was hard to do, obviously; 2. I had a lot of winners on mine, which isn't really fair because winners are always asked back, and they get a lot of air time. So in case you think it's biased due to the winners, I have extras, :p

Top Ten Favorites:

1. Parvati Shallow (Cook Islands, Fans VS. Favorites, Heroes VS. Villains)

2. Chris Daugherty (Vanuatu)

3. Courtney Yates (China, Heroes VS. Villains)

4. Todd Herzog (China) Chris Daugherty (Vanuatu)

5. Russell Hantz (Samoa, Heroes VS. Villains)

6. Stephani LaGrossa (Palau, Guatemala, Heroes VS. Villains)

7. Tyson Apostol (Tocantins, Heroes VS. Villains)

8. Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth (Cook Islands, Fans VS. Favorites)

9. Rob Mariano (Marquesas, All-Stars, Heroes VS. Villains)

10. Jud "Fabio" Birza (Nicaragua)

11. Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien (Marquesas, All-Stars)

12. Jonny Fairplay (Pearl Islands, Fans VS. Favorites)

13. Terry Deitz (Exile Island)

14. Earl Cole (Fiji)

15. Marty Piombo (Nicaragua)

Again, it's not who I think are the 15 best players, because obviously Terry isn't one of the best players, but my 15 favorite players in Survivor history.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Nice list Sakiru. I'm almost done with Borneo and Hatch would undoubtedly be in my top 5.

Gosh why must he always walk around naked? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Borneo is awesome, but since you're almost done, did you know that at the merge, Hatch wanted Greg out because he was scared of him strategically since Greg was flirting with him so he'd be kept around?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
To me, your list DOES seem kind of random in that there's only 4 (arguably 5) old-school type Survivors. And also, I notice that a lot of entries in it almost seem to contradict other entries on it entirely.

Sariku

Smash Master
To me, your list DOES seem kind of random in that there's only 4 (arguably 5) old-school type Survivors. And also, I notice that a lot of entries in it almost seem to contradict other entries on it entirely.
Well, I only watched 4, 7, 8, 9, and 10 for oldschool seasons. I don't much opinion on them, a lot of them were kinda lame... X:
And that's why it's just a favorite. Terry was a favorite because he was a challenge dominator, underdog, and a really interesting person. His rivalry with Aras was amazing<3 Same kind of thing with Ozzy. Russell, Boston Rob, Chris, etc. were really strategic in their own ways. I loved the way they played, whether it's seen as good or bad gameplay. Then some I just always love watching, like Courtney and Tyson. They're just... Courtney<3

Stephen is lucky to be dating her, D:

Sariku

Smash Master
Don't insinuate that my girl is having sex with him, D8
She's innocent<3
X] Oh well, Survivor crushes are silly.
Mmmm... what are season ideas you guys would like to see? Or huge twists?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The biggest twist of all....NO TWISTS TO SPEAK OF! So crazy it might just work.

That or having it so that when you get kidnapped by the other tribe you have to join them. Just try it for 3 or 4 rounds, lol.

Sariku

Smash Master
You mean if you lose a challenge, the other tribe picks a member? Oh my Jesus, that'd be absolutely terrible. Heroes lose, Villains take James. Heroes vote out Sugar.
Heroes lose, Villains take JT. Heroes vote out Stephanie.
Villains lose, Heroes take James or JT. Villains vote out the other.
Heroes lose, Villains take Amanda. Heroes vote out Cirie.

Oh my lord, that'd be hilarious though, watching the heroes tribe drop to 6 by the fifth immunity challenge, while the villains are at 12, x] Actually, I don't know. I can't count, x]

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It's no weirder than some of the things that've been done. But frankly, I've always figured they could integrate the "Double Power" or "Veto Armlet" thing from Israel. The Veto Armlet makes it so when you win the challenge you can pick somebody that can't vote that TC. The "Double Power" changed in usage from originally being able to vote for 2 different people, and then to being able to stop 2 people from voting.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I watched the first season because somebody subtitled all 30-something episodes of it (they go for 52 days and have 2-3 episodes a round). They started subtitling season 2 but stopped pretty early in. But I've read up on the Veto Armlet stuff and seen some season 4 TCs. Oh, and Rupert was a reward in Survivor Israel season 3. I kid you not.

Sariku

Smash Master
Yeah, I've heard about Rupert a lot recently, x]
But as Rob said, that should of been like, the punishment for losing! A big lug who can't speak your language comes in and eats your food? x]

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Actually, they could speak English pretty well and understand him. He was supposed to teach them how to fish and make it so they could feed themselves by getting them tons of fish...He then went to fail epically, catch almost no fish, and say there were no fish in that ocean.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It WAS kind of funny though.

Also some random fun facts, the Survivor Israel host looks like JP from Cook Islands, and the original Survivor South Africa host looks like Jonathan L from Palau.

Sariku

Smash Master
I'm up for whatever, haha, x]
I think that they need to do another blind tribal now, x]. like in Fiji, where they just split the tribe in half after the merge and the losing tribe went straight to tribal, no words.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Side note, you should find a way to watch the 3rd season of Survivor South Africa. The first like...4 merge tribals are crazy, lol. Though, only up to the first 2 are available in full episode form.

Sariku

Smash Master
Side note, you should find a way to watch the 3rd season of Survivor South Africa. The first like...4 merge tribals are crazy, lol. Though, only up to the first 2 are available in full episode form.
You could just share what they were like, x]. It'd almost be like reading spoilers<3

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Alright fine, and I'll put it in spoiler tags just because.

The merge TC ended in a 5-5 tie, as both tribes were even. Since SA uses past votes they went to those, but they got rid of the pre-merge past votes so both Louw (the leader of the blue tribe) and Hanah from the red tribe went to some tiebreaker thing called "The Skull" where the both had to touch the skull closest to 30 seconds and whoever was closer, would stay. Louw wound up winning by 1 second, and Hanah went.

At F9, Izak who was originally on the blue tribe but had spent some time on the red tribe wasn't sure of where his loyalties lay, while the blue tribe went after the leader of the red tribe, Okkert as the red tribe voted for Louw again. Izak wound up voting for Gys from the red tribe making the vote 4-4-1 and Louw went because of his past votes. Izak then flipped again at the F8 tying the vote 4 for Okkert, 4 for "Pro" from the blue tribe, and having Okkert go from the past votes the round before.

Final 7 comes and the vote wounds up being 3-2-1-1 with 3 for Gys, 2 for Kaz from the blue tribe, 1 for Pro, and 1 for Izak. This leads to the Final 6 vote where Izak gets beaten at his own game as the vote ties 2-2-2 with 2 for Sade from the red tribe, 2 for Gigi also from the red tribe, and 2 for Izak. Sade/Gigi have 0 past votes, and with Izak having 1, he goes because of one past vote and with only a third of the total votes cast.

And the craziest thing about this? It's supposed to be a "Celebrity edition" where $500,000 of the grand prize goes to charity while they keep $500,000.

Sariku

Smash Master
Wow, it's CRAZY how much different their rules are from ours! I'm so glad that we don't have to deal with random shenanigans like that, but those sound like amazing tribals. Just imagine those with our characters!

Sariku

Smash Master
Well, I'd rather draw rocks within the tribe than do a 30 second challenge, since drawing rocks because of a tie on my name would keep me safe, x]

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, that bit about rewarding immunity to those with most votes always bugged me. I always figured EVERYBODY but the person with the necklace should be the ones drawing.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The challenge where all of the contestants had to just stand on a platform in the ocean for as long as possible was HILARIOUS. Hatch was going crazy and kept repeatedly singing "99 bottles of beer on the wall."

Then Colleen snapped too and started screaming the song at Jeff. One of the funniest challenges ever. XD

Sariku

Smash Master
...Speaking of funny challenges, have there been a lot of funny challenges? The only ones I can really think of would be any challenge that required you to write other peoples names down and such, x]

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
"The Mixer" challenge in Amazon and All-Stars where you had to guess who had which item from the other tribe were both absolutely hilarious. So was the first Immunity of Pearl Islands for a nicely placed caption, and there's that one in one of the early seasons where they literally break/beat the challenge.

As for most funny? I can only think of two words: Attack Zone.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, apparently the thread needs our back and forth banter, lol. In the meantime, I suggest to anyone who started with All-Stars, that you re-watch it after watching the first 7 seasons, it seems so much different if you've been following it up to then.

Top Bottom