• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Powers Writing Contest

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
<3, I'll make you a team if you will seriously do it. I don't want to make a new team though if you just like the idea of being in and won't actually write something.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I can make teams for all three of you, but the deadline will stay the same. You'll only have 1 week to complete this, rather the two the rest of the group got.

EDIT: Check your PMs. You all have teams and one week to complete your entry!
Thanks! Yup, I'll try and finish it this weekend. :awesome:

Two questions:

1. Should we post our bios ans story in this thread, via PM, or as a new thread?

2. Why is the "intentionally bad" character example so terrible? Yeah, I get that his name is dumb and his back-story is cheesy, and he's a bit overpowered. But the descriptions were fairly good and used a varied and extensive vocabulary. I see why it's not perfect, but it doesn't seem that bad. Is there something I'm missing here?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
<3, I'll make you a team if you will seriously do it. I don't want to make a new team though if you just like the idea of being in and won't actually write something.
I'll do it. I have tomorrow off I'll do it all then...

maybe I'll draw some too.....

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Thanks! Yup, I'll try and finish it this weekend. :awesome:

Two questions:

1. Should we post our bios ans story in this thread, via PM, or as a new thread?

2. Why is the "intentionally bad" character example so terrible? Yeah, I get that his name is dumb and his back-story is cheesy, and he's a bit overpowered. But the descriptions were fairly good and used a varied and extensive vocabulary. I see why it's not perfect, but it doesn't seem that bad. Is there something I'm missing here?
Your team PM had instructions on how to post your team. ;)

The "intentionally bad" thing was just because it was going to be cheesy and campy so that people didn't feel like I was posting some kind of standard they needed to adhere to if they wanted to make me happy. I wanted an example without creating pressure or the urge to copy it. Now, if you WANT to make a team of super-campy, silly characters then you are totally free to do that. If its an entertaining read then it will score high with me for sure.

I'll do it. I have tomorrow off I'll do it all then...

maybe I'll draw some too.....
PM incoming!

Seriously though, last person I'm letting in. I'm tired of making new teams.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Personally I found PainMed and Professor Poisonfree to be quite compelling! M3D, do write more of their struggles and adventures.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I've written up two characters so far... They are awesome.
my third hero i have a good idea for.

I have big bad pretty cemented as well...

I ended up creating my own setting which I think gives my already twisted take on the powers I've used thus far an even more interesting turn. I'll probably post the characters as a work in progress tonight or tomarrow night? and then go back and finish things up soon after that.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
If I do not finish my short story by 1PM, I'll have to drop out. I am getting a medical procedure, and I will be sedated, and last time, I slept from when I got home until morning.

The Bios I can finish tomorrow, but I need to knock out the short story by today.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
:) bout to post what I've got so far... and I'm going to edit it over the course of the day.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So, I finished a program for work, which gives me all of this afternoon (and work) to work on my story and bios. Since I have only tonight to really edit what I have and bring it all together, I'll do my ****dest to get SOMETHING up for tomorrow (probably just the short story). So, I am going to lose this one, but I want a critique anyway.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Unfortunatly, i'll have to drop out. some things came up in the past week and I lost most of my free time. Sorry, and thank you for your patience

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Despite the near perfect set-up (a villain who bestows powers... COME ON!), I have to drop out because I got a project for work. Sorry for wasting anyone's time, but I did do a lot of writing for it.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Extending the deadline to midnight tomorrow, in case that gives a few more people a chance to finish.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Joining in on this, should be interesting trying to get a quality product in such a short time, but its worth a shot!

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Not the best turn out, but it wasn't too unexpected considering how the last WWYP went (everyone saying they'd write a story and many not). Thanks to everyone who participated! I will accept late entries, but I will penalize accordingly.

I will try to get these judged as soon as possible! Thanks for showing off your writing skills guys!

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Stick with it < 3 !!! You can do it! Finish it and we'll still rate and judge.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
It's true, if your child is (going to be) a superhero, your chances of getting into a car accident or being murdered increase almost 75%.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Some unexpected circumstances have arisen that might delay my reviews into next week. Never fear though... I will review all the content by Wednesday of next week at the latest, lest I become like He Who Must Not Be Named. Thanks for your patience.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Just noting that the misspelling in the title of my supergroup is intentional (it's a musical group I really like). Don't think I suck that much at spelling. ;)

Top Bottom