• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

MintyBreeze

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-8437-7637
Since they're releasing Mother 1 and Lucas fairly close together, maybe it's a sign that Mother 3 is about to be open for purchase anyways.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Since they're releasing Mother 1 and Lucas fairly close together, maybe it's a sign that Mother 3 is about to be open for purchase anyways.
That's what I'm thinking but my previous message was under the assumption that it didn't happen.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I would assume Mother 3 gonna happen if it weren't for the fact that Mother 1 was officially translated way back when and is just now being officially released.
I'm still curious as to what has changed from the NES english prototype... The missing censored sprites seem to be intact still...
I'll buy it soon.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I should have it myself by the end of today. I'm gonna finish EarthBound before I start it though. I just got to Scaraba, about how many more days should it take to finish? A few weeks maybe?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Agreed. There are a lot more issues that have to be resolved (controversial topics mainly) as opposed to Mother 1. Still, I hope that one day it'll be released.
Pretty much this. America isn't ready to handle stuff in Mother 3.

How could I not notice? That cute Paula pic is looking so fresh now. <3
Heh thanks. Been meaning to do it for a while now, just haven't had the time or been lazy. Also been meaning to get a decent sig >:3

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

when you actually get supportive ness messages and not penises on miiverse stage
This applies to pretty much every character in the game. And it's not just immature, inappropriate stuff like that too. I played as Marth on Miiverse, and all that shows up is requests for Pichu as DLC. FREAKING PICHU!!!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
It'd still be better than Dark Pit and Lucina.
Actually, I'm fine with those two clones, it's Doc I can't accept. He's better off in a ditch, dead, from a virus that he was supposed to be able to cure, but he was too stupid to.

MintyBreeze

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-8437-7637
Actually, I'm fine with those two clones, it's Doc I can't accept. He's better off in a ditch, dead, from a virus that he was supposed to be able to cure, but he was too stupid to.
Buh... But... Doctor Mario is the most different clone character in the game. ;-; Anyways, this is about Ness, not clones.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Buh... But... Doctor Mario is the most different clone character in the game. ;-; Anyways, this is about Ness, not clones.
I don't care. It's Mario with a Doctor's suit on. It's the perfect candidate for an alt. costume. But no, they go and make him a full fighter. I know the same was with Dark Pit and Lucina, but they've got their differences too. And besides that, they're different characters, unlike a dressed up Mario.

But yes, this is about Ness. I'm very happy, I've been getting more and more PKT2 kills lately. :)

Manbeartigerphoenix

Smash Apprentice
I really wish Sonic didn't even exist at all, period. I've always hated everything about Sonic, I never liked any of his crappy games even back in the Sega Genesis days. Then Brawl Sonic came and players would just hit-and-run for 8 minutes straight with him. An awful character from top to bottom, everything he is in just sucks. I'm glad I don't run into many Sonic players but when I do I know I'm in for a stupid fight that I never wish to have again.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Clones suck. Lucina, Doc, DP, Roy, blech.
Sonic was a childhood favorite of mine, but I hate how he plays in Smash soooooo much.

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
So around 2:40 I don't know what happened I'm pretty sure this is common or something. Might as well share it just in case

Last edited:

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
IMO if we consider Roy a clone then we should do the same for Lucas, Luigi and Ganon which is... naaaaah. Speaking of, Roy and more importantly Lucas are so much ****ing fun.

Sonic is hell incarnate.

but LUCAS

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I really wish Sonic didn't even exist at all, period. I've always hated everything about Sonic, I never liked any of his crappy games even back in the Sega Genesis days. Then Brawl Sonic came and players would just hit-and-run for 8 minutes straight with him. An awful character from top to bottom, everything he is in just sucks. I'm glad I don't run into many Sonic players but when I do I know I'm in for a stupid fight that I never wish to have again.
I play Sonic how he should be played and when you do that, he's alright. But hit-and-run Sonics...they're stupid.

So, went and visited the "Support Ness" community on Miiverse...absolutely LOVED what I saw:

image.jpg

image.jpg

The fan base for Ness and the EarthBound series is just awesome.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I main Lucina and Roy (and Ness)....does this mean I'm banned from this thread? :link:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I main Lucina and Roy (and Ness)....does this mean I'm banned from this thread? :link:
No. It just means you like those characters (and some people might look at you differently at times). Heck, I've got 4 other mains besides Ness.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So, am I going to need that Ruler and Protracter that Jeff got way back in Winters? Or can I just drop those items?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
You can drop them. They're useless outside comic relief.
Cool. I've been keeping them just in case, but I've gotten to the point where they're taking up space, now I can hold two more items.

Tikao

Smash Ace
Roy seems different enough for me to not be a clone.
on top of that he seems way better than marth and lucina for me, he might be a bad MU for us

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Roy seems different enough for me to not be a clone.
on top of that he seems way better than marth and lucina for me, he might be a bad MU for us
Roy is a bad MU for Ness???

Better nerf Greninja.

But I honestly don't think the Roy MU will be too different than our Marth and Lucina MUs. What does he have that they don't? Fire? Is that all?

Pfft. We've got fire, thunder, some energy based move, and an absorber (though it'd be useless against Roy). Come at us.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Can anyone get on that and see if it's true?
SSB Wiki doesn't say anything about a change, but that's just one source. Somebody that knows how to go in depth with this should test it out.

Tikao

Smash Ace
Ness might be too good for Roy to be a bad MU, but Ness will probadly have a worse MU against Roy than other top-tier characters.
He got good priority, range and speed (he is way faster than marth/lucina) and that combination might be good against us, but that depends on how good Roy will be in generell (maybe he's just too bad in comparison to us so it ultimatively doesn't matter that much).

Last edited:

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
On Roy vs Ness, I could definitely see him being a threat. He has good range but he is less of a defensive character than Marth/Lucina due to him being faster. All Ness has to deal with that other than projectiles is fair imo, since its just about the only thing that won't be out prioritized. He has dash attack and smashes but those obviously won't make a difference.

D

Deleted member

I feel like I have gotten so much better with Ness and it feels so refreshing~

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I feel like I have gotten so much better with Ness and it feels so refreshing~
I can understand that feeling! Whenever you get good at something new, you always get that feeling.

Noa.

Smash Master
VSGC Results (no customs):

1) Shaky :4ness:
2) ESAM :4pikachu:
3) MVD :4diddy::4mario:
4) 8Bitman :4rob:
5) Dath :4robinf:
5) NickRiddle :4zss::4sheik:
7) Phuzix :4sheik:
7) True Blue :4sonic:

Crazy tournament. You goofed if you didn't stay up into the wee hours of the morning (actually I can't make that call for you :laugh:). n FYI in the post-tourney interview, Shaky said that he thinks :4ness: wins the :4pikachu: MU (which makes sense in customs off) and put him in spot #6-8. Of course, he also said FL > NY/NJ, so maybe take his opinions with some :salt:.

Unfortunately, there was not much :4robinf: on-stream. Dath beat some good players in an impressive losers run (including Master Raven and the :4ganondorf: that beat Seibrik).
So @Shaky just won a huge 91 person tournament in FL. Congrats on doing so well! I can't wait to see how you do at CEO!

Tikao

Smash Ace
Making Shaky's main one of the best characters in the game has to be one of the most dangerous moves nintendo has ever done before.

Top Bottom