• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Luco, how'd you get that avatar picture when Lucas isn't even out yet???

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Someone posted it and said they'd found the perfect avatar for me to change to.

I'm giving it a trial period to see how I feel. So far, I like it, but it is a bit slim. :grin:
It's good, keep it.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
YOU CAN POST REPLAYS ON YOUTUBE NOW IN THE PATCH THANK YOU BASED SAKURAI!!
Yes. Geez yes. Thank you. Now I just need to make my own YouTube account (I know, stupid right?).

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Don't think so. Hopefully not.

But guys, our PK brother is back! I finally got him after a long wait, and decided to go on the Miiverse stage as him. Here's what I found:

image.jpg

Ain't that the truth?

I've also found a key difference between Lucas and Ness' PKT2 attacks. Lucas is a LOT easier to land, but doesn't have nearly as much killing power as Ness' does.

Last edited:

MintyBreeze

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-8437-7637
Hey, how does Lucas play?! I haven't gotten the DLC yet. I'm so looking forward to seeing the surge of new replays!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hey, how does Lucas play?! I haven't gotten the DLC yet. I'm so looking forward to seeing the surge of new replays!
Pretty much the same as Brawl, but the sound effects for his aerials and smashes are different.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
:cheep:

Rejoice. Mother 1, now Earthbound Beginnings will be availble on Wii U Virtual Console for NA/EU regions.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

Rejoice. Mother 1, now Earthbound Beginnings will be availble on Wii U Virtual Console for NA/EU regions.
No lie? Sweet! I actually don't know if I'll get this, just because it looks much more far out than EarthBound (I mean more older, but I know it is), but I'm gonna consider getting this. Now, when do we get Mother 3/EarthBound 2?

Elezir

No lie? Sweet! I actually don't know if I'll get this, just because it looks much more far out than EarthBound (I mean more older, but I know it is), but I'm gonna consider getting this. Now, when do we get Mother 3/EarthBound 2?
Keep tuned on the E3, I guess. This is all pre-E3 stuff, and I think there's a reason Nintendo is announcing Earthbound B now.
Maybe, just maybe, we'll be finally getting Mother 3's official English translation.:cheep:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
At this point, I think so. It'll be cool to have all 3 games. Especially since before I mained Ness I had 0 interest in this series. I'm quite excited to see what else we may get for the series.

Elezir

Anyone who loves the Mother series should watch this vid, hands down.

right in the feels

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Anyone who loves the Mother series should watch this vid, hands down.

right in the feels
I've only played 1 of the 3 games, and I'm not even done with it yet. But I'll be playing it for a LONG time. This guy has impacted a LOT of people.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Ironically enough, I'm currently watching a let's play of Mother 1. I just wanted to get a feel for the plot, but now I'd better play closer attention to details. Oh geez, I have a feeling I'll be biting off more than I can chew if I do get it.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Ironically enough, I'm currently watching a let's play of Mother 1. I just wanted to get a feel for the plot, but now I'd better play closer attention to details. Oh geez, I have a feeling I'll be biting off more than I can chew if I do get it.
My gut feeling when I first bought EarthBound.

Elezir

Well, it can be a bit annoying at time (Particulary a certain part I'm not going to say), with all the random encouters and lack of convenient mechanism, but still a worthwhile experience.
Do use the Easy Ring you get at the start of the game, though. It's a lifesaver.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Mother 1 is happiest announcement of the day for me...that or Smash stuff. At least Mother 1 almost made me tear up from happiness. That never happens. :')

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
After testing him out extensively, I've determined that Lucas is more of the get it done quick of the two PK Bros, while Ness is the one that works well with combos and finishes in style (PKT2, Back Throw, Back Air etc.). Ness will remain my favorite of the two, but like his transition from Brawl to now, I like Lucas' transition as well. And I love Lucas' victory animations.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759

I was so happy once I saw this earlier! I don't care if I already beatin' this game almost twice, I'm supporting this without hesitation!

Last edited:

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
I am missing out on life, ironically because life keeps getting in the way.

Anyway, by what I've seen, I will probably play both Lucas and Roy, and I will cry every time I lose to a Ryu. Meanwhile I have my fingers crossed for Wolf dlc.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
For anyone who's played Earthbound, could I get a lil help here with somethin? I've arrived in Twoson, went through some cave area and now there's this giant silver pencil thing blocking the way. And the game says I'm supposed to find Paula but I dunno where. I've been enjoying the game quite a lot until I've hit this roadblock and quit playing afterwards, I haven't touched the game in months and I wanna go back to it. What do I do next to press on?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
For anyone who's played Earthbound, could I get a lil help here with somethin? I've arrived in Twoson, went through some cave area and now there's this giant silver pencil thing blocking the way. And the game says I'm supposed to find Paula but I dunno where. I've been enjoying the game quite a lot until I've hit this roadblock and quit playing afterwards, I haven't touched the game in months and I wanna go back to it. What do I do next to press on?
You need to get a Pencil Eraser. I believe you can buy them at the shop.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Wasn't he supposed to find that Apple kid Guy in the first place ?
Oh, and shoutouts to John Numbers for repping Shulk and being the Nintendo World Champion :shades:
It's been a long time but yes, you either need to talk to Apple Kid or buy one at the store.

Also, we did lose all our replays again. Dang it.

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
How are you guys liking Lucas so far? I can see myself getting a **** ton of hours with him, he's way too fun. I also love his PKT2, it flies across the entire stage man.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
How are you guys liking Lucas so far? I can see myself getting a **** ton of hours with him, he's way too fun. I also love his PKT2, it flies across the entire stage man.
Ya, he's pretty cool. But that PKT2 has also led to a few self destructs for me already. XD

I wish it had as much killing power as Ness' did.

I've been thinking guys, if enough people went and bought EarthBbound Beginnings and EarthBound, would that not show Nintendo we love the series, and prompt them to give us Mother 3/EarthBound 2 as well?

Last edited:
Top Bottom