• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
Hello everyone! Welcome to the Ness social thread! This thread will serve as a place for very general, as well as off-topic, discussion. This is also a good place to discuss Mother series-related matters, especially those that relate to Ness and Smash Bros. That said, remember that the global forum rules still apply, so keep it clean and play nice. :D

Of course, this title is only a place-holder. If you can think of something better, let me know.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm excited for Ness and all the Mother content in the game. While I'm disappointed that there isn't as much Mother 3 content in the 3DS, being limited to Lucas and Porky statue trophy, Magicant makes up for it by having so much Mother 1 and 2 content.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
Ness is my favorite character in the Smash Bros series yet I still have not played Mother 1, finished Earthbound (I'm working on it...), nor started Mother 3.

Am I a fraudulent Ness fan?

Last edited:

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
I have all 3 Mother/Earthbound games although I only have Mother 1 because of 1+2 :p
Mother 3 was the best $55 spent lol.

Mother 3 is my favorite because the story and gameplay is damn good. And sad ;_;

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah. Magicant is literally what I have wanted since Brawl. It's a quintessential location in two games, and since it's so abstract, the designers have a lot of freedom over what they do with it. Compared to New Pork City and Fourside, it feels a lot more... Mother-like. I won't even be mad if they use it for the Wii U version since it's so pretty, but it could also perhaps be the chance for a stage that features Mother 3 elements. It's hard to say if they'll do a Mother 3 stage with how the Japanese audience responded to that game, but we'll see.
Ness is my favorite character in the Smash Bros series yet I still have not played Mother 1, finished Earthbound (I'm working on it...), nor started Mother 3.

Am I a fraudulent Ness fan?
I've been watching the Ness forum since its creation, and you check out fine with me. :D Your heart is in the right place, which is all that counts.

But you really should beat it, someday. I beat it back in 1995, when the game first came out and I was still a kid. To experience the final boss sequence as a little one staying up way too late on a school night would have been traumatizing if not for the sweet ending. You owe it up to yourself to check it out.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
For Smash Wii U I hope we either get:
A.) Fourside
B.) New Pork City
C.) Onett
D.) Or a new Mother/Earthbound stage

ShyGuy16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Juliansg16
3DS FC
0516-7704-2697
Considering the whole "Handheld stage for 3DS vs Console stage for WiiU" thing they have going, I think that they would have put a new Mother 3 stage in the 3DS version if they had one. But the new Magicant stage makes sense for the 3DS, considering Mother 1+2 on the GBA did showcase EB Zero...
With that in mind, the WiiU version will probably bring back Onett or Fourside before New Pork, and/or bring in a new Earthbound stage rather than 3. Then again, what do I know? Just kind of babbling, really.

So happy to see a Ness Social thread starting up. Hopefully his new buffs will get more people to like him, and attract attention to his much deserving series.

Hong

The Strongest
That's a good point.

I won't be upset if Fourside comes back, but not the way they had it. It should have an EarthBound-esque aesthetic, and occasionally shift to Moonside.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
Would Threed be a good stage or maybe Saturn Valley from Earthbound and Mother 3 could too?

I have alot of possible options for Earthbound/Mother stages so lay it on me

@ ShyGuy16 ShyGuy16 : I know but I love NPC it's my favorite stage in Brawl
;~;

@ Hong Hong : Moonside would be so trippy but in a good way xD

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Lol, moonside would be a great stage, i'd be fine with Fourside though. Although, it would be nice to have an M3 staeg int he Wii U version to help compensate a bit more, but given Lucas is cut, i'm doubtful.

I'm liking Ness's custom moves though, aside from the ones that are LUcas's(which is a bit of a nice consolation), they look pretty cool, like the vertical PK Flash.

Tikao

Smash Ace
or how about fourside that can turn into moonside (like how pokemon spawn on N's castle to attack you)

fairs become bairs, uairs become dairs, you have to fsmash/ftilt/side-b behind you to actually attack forward (because there is no bsmash etc.) your grab becomes shield (plus all the dodging stuff, so grab plus --> will be a role backwards etc.) and shield becomes grab

LETS ALL VOTE NO FOR THIS STAGE

ShyGuy16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Juliansg16
3DS FC
0516-7704-2697
A Moonside aspect would be a rad addition to Fourside, especially if they implemented a Mani Mani stage boss.
And them putting New Pork City into the Wiiu version wouldn't surprise me, it just seems less likely... Not that NPC wasn't totally awesome, because it was.
Though if I could choose any Earthbound stage to appear in Smash WiiU, I would choose Winters without question. The music, the atmosphere, Plessie, the entire place was one of the most iconic parts of the game for me. Saturn Valley is a close second, but I can't really see how stage hazards would work... Unless Master Belch makes his Smash debut...

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Talking about Stages, Mother series could get two, wouldn't mind Onett coming back, but i think it needs to be remaked in HD and all (can you imagine how beautiful would it look?).
And the other has to be a new one.

I hope we get plenty of Mother content like Music, and a good Trophy collection, unlike Brawl's...

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
The Porky Statue is a trophy in the 3DS version.

And the Devil Mad Car whatever it's called is a trophy and a Smash Run enemy.

Last edited:

NAKAT

Smash Champion
To answer the question asked previously. I will be maining Ness along with Fox and Lucina. I will have various pockets like Little Mac and Megaman as well. I feel this game is going to reward counter picking heavily.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Sorry to be slightly off topic, but hey guys. I'll be modding this board (if you remember me you're really cool.) I'll be cleaning it up now. I hope everyone enjoys a new Smash and a new Ness.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'm inclined to agree. We got Fourside already; where's our Moonside? I'm already gushing over how good Magicant looks (I still think it's the best looking stage in the 3DS game), and I'd love to see Moonside be the Wii U stage.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
When I saw Magicant I was having a big fangasm. I was like "OMG OMG MUST BUY 3DS HOLY ****". And the music is amazing too

Last edited:

ShyGuy16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Juliansg16
3DS FC
0516-7704-2697
Magicant is really awesome, but what sold it for me what what was happening in the background. When the space opened up for the first time and it showed me one of my favorite EB scenes (Lumine Hall), I, a grumpy 22 year old man, starting jumping up and down in my seat and holding back tears. Plus the Flying Man, Skyrunner, humongous Mobile Sprout...

Also a fun Mother tidbit: apparently in a recent interview Sakurai name-dropped Akihiro Toda, text writer for the Mother series, as the one who did the trophy descriptions in Smash for both 3DS and WiiU, although I'm not sure for which languages if more than just Japanese. May or may not explain why the trophies shown so far have such hilarious descriptions.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Magicant is really awesome, but what sold it for me what what was happening in the background. When the space opened up for the first time and it showed me one of my favorite EB scenes (Lumine Hall), I, a grumpy 22 year old man, starting jumping up and down in my seat and holding back tears. Plus the Flying Man, Skyrunner, humongous Mobile Sprout...

Also a fun Mother tidbit: apparently in a recent interview Sakurai name-dropped Akihiro Toda, text writer for the Mother series, as the one who did the trophy descriptions in Smash for both 3DS and WiiU, although I'm not sure for which languages if more than just Japanese. May or may not explain why the trophies shown so far have such hilarious descriptions.
I believe other languages would just directly translate from the Japanese rather than come up with new descriptions. I also like how Lumine Hall just keeps saying "I'm Ness" in Japanese. I wonder if they will translate it.

thelastreplicant

Smash Cadet
NNID
thelastreplicant
3DS FC
3480-2884-6458
The Magicant stage is so beautiful. It's everything I could have asked for.

Also, how much of a disservice am I doing to myself by not playing Mother 3 yet?
I have it but I keep putting it off for no reason. I fear it'll make the Lucas cut hurt even more...

SyMag

Smash Cadet
NNID
PKThunda
3DS FC
1805-2965-9302
Have to agree, for anyone who hasn't played any of the Mother games, do it! You won't be disappointed!
And the Magicant stage...I flipped tables. I was jumping off the walls. I was ecstatic when I saw it. It's incredible looking. The music--I haven't stopped listening to the Eight Melodies track since I heard it for the first time last week.
The Mother series finally has more recognition now: a new stage, good music, new assist trophy (Mr. Starman!), and the return of everyone's favorite Psykid. And he's actually GOOD in this game.

Sorry for all of the fangamer hype, I forgot to unbuckle myself and step off the Hype Train. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
I bet Onett will be the Wii U stage. (hoping for Fourside or new stage)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'd be happy with the Magicant stage being on both versions and Onett being on the Wii U.

I just love both of them.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I hope we get more beautiful Mother music for the Wii U version, so far the two 3DS arrangements are outstanding.
And also some returning songs from Melee and Brawl would be great.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
I hope we get more beautiful Mother music for the Wii U version, so far the two 3DS arrangements are outstanding.
And also some returning songs from Melee and Brawl would be great.
Yes. More mother 3 music plox.

Hong

The Strongest
So, cool cats, which is your favourite game in the Mother series?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
My favorite might be EarthBound. I also like Mother 3, and I never got to finishing Mother 1. However, the sense of adventure and the humor in EarthBound were more enjoyable for me.

Top Bottom