• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hi Everyone~~
My name is Daycia but most people call me Day~ ^^

I am a Ness here in the Midwest!! I have been playing Ness since the Wii U version! I travel to tournaments around the area.
I usually place pretty well too! My previous tournaments I got 1st in doubles, top 5 in singles, 1st in singles, and even got 17th in doubles at Apex!
I am 100% Ness, none other! I hope to meet others as well ^__^

I was pushed to join the Ness boards and I figured what the hey! I love people! I usually go to tournaments every weekend or every other weekend. And I am also going to EVO! Hope to see some of you guys there too!!

I used to be a TO in the Midwest for Brawl and I also make YouTube videos of gaming and Japan!

Thank you and I am sooo excited to meet everyone!!
Welcome to the Ness boards Today!!!

Those placings are uber impressive too! I'm super excited for Ness rep at EVO, so give it all you've got!!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Hi Everyone~~
My name is Daycia but most people call me Day~ ^^

I am a Ness here in the Midwest!! I have been playing Ness since the Wii U version! I travel to tournaments around the area.
I usually place pretty well too! My previous tournaments I got 1st in doubles, top 5 in singles, 1st in singles, and even got 17th in doubles at Apex!
I am 100% Ness, none other! I hope to meet others as well ^__^

I was pushed to join the Ness boards and I figured what the hey! I love people! I usually go to tournaments every weekend or every other weekend. And I am also going to EVO! Hope to see some of you guys there too!!

I used to be a TO in the Midwest for Brawl and I also make YouTube videos of gaming and Japan!

Thank you and I am sooo excited to meet everyone!!
Ness main represent! Checked out your YouTube channel too.

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
Man guys, just came back from the Midwest regional. I placed worst than I expected. I got out of pools, but had to face MJG, then had to face my doubles partner.

I took a game off MJG, but I'm letting you know, that villager ness matchup is not fun. It is very very hard to get into villager, those forward airs are hard to get through. And when he pockets your recovery, it's game over. At least when Rosalina steals our thunder, there's a chance that we can still recover. Also, villager is impossible to gimp!
However, one good thing about this matchup is that we can bat, or pk Fire his gyroid.

My highlight of this tourney was getting third in doubles. And almost beating m2k in doubles

Noa.

Smash Master
Today I went to a 170 man tournament. There were 8 pools and only top 2 made it out of pools Of about 21 people. In my pool the relevant players were a Sheik that had beaten me twice before and Myran the Olimar player. I actually beat both players in my pool to get 1st seed, to my surprise. In the top 16 bracket I lost to MVD and then Wizzrobe. I ended up getting 9th out of about 170 people so I'm very happy with how I did.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Today I went to a 170 man tournament. There were 8 pools and only top 2 made it out of pools Of about 21 people. In my pool the relevant players were a Sheik that had beaten me twice before and Myran the Olimar player. I actually beat both players in my pool to get 1st seed, to my surprise. In the top 16 bracket I lost to MVD and then Wizzrobe. I ended up getting 9th out of about 170 people so I'm very happy with how I did.
Holy fudge! MVD and Wizzrobe are both super respectable players, getting 9th in a 170-man tournament is insane. Good stuff Noa!!

SO happy for ya right now =DDD

Noa.

Smash Master
Yeah I didn't expect to make it out of pools because top 16 is a really small top cute for such a large event. But I did and it was awesome.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Man, Nesses are putting in work. My next Sm4sh tourney is next week, doubles is looking pretty free depending on who I team with but singles I'll be hoping for top 3. Helped run a Melee/PM tourney today, we've finally got a stream up so I'll link you guys to it when the Sm4sh tourney is on.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Man, Nesses are putting in work. My next Sm4sh tourney is next week, doubles is looking pretty free depending on who I team with but singles I'll be hoping for top 3. Helped run a Melee/PM tourney today, we've finally got a stream up so I'll link you guys to it when the Sm4sh tourney is on.
Ahh that's so exciting Pazx!! =D

I'd love to watch the stream, if I'm awake! Who are Canberra's threats these days? I've heard Scabe is super good right now. :O

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Scabe came top 6ish in both Melee and PM today but he's definitely still top contender for Sm4sh, not sure if he plans on turning up though. Kev's like top 5 in Sm4sh but he plays more Melee now (and again, no guarantee that he'll turn up).

So if those two don't turn up (or I beat Kev like I did repeatedly in friendlies today :p) my only threats are Waveguider (who is putting in work with Wii Fit Trainer of all characters), Tin Man who is practicing a very fraudulent Pikachu (although his Rosalina is the business) and SKRY/Apples/Apollo who I choked against last tournament. Apparently Luke might be coming down along with some Sydneysiders, he did last time and he's up there with Tin and Apples.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Scabe came top 6ish in both Melee and PM today but he's definitely still top contender for Sm4sh, not sure if he plans on turning up though. Kev's like top 5 in Sm4sh but he plays more Melee now (and again, no guarantee that he'll turn up).

So if those two don't turn up (or I beat Kev like I did repeatedly in friendlies today :p) my only threats are Waveguider (who is putting in work with Wii Fit Trainer of all characters), Tin Man who is practicing a very fraudulent Pikachu (although his Rosalina is the business) and SKRY/Apples/Apollo who I choked against last tournament. Apparently Luke might be coming down along with some Sydneysiders, he did last time and he's up there with Tin and Apples.
You're kidding! Wave switched from Ganny in the end??

Wave has always been really amazing, he'll be very hard to beat I bet. And Tin Man too, Rosaluma will be frustrating in general. Apollo I've never played, but I've heard good things from him in Brawl so I assume he'll be a big deal. I never played Luke at SC3 but I noticed his play, seeing as he won SC4 I would say he's a really big contender (Kira and Patv came 3rd and 4th that tournament @.@) if he does go to the tournament.

I reckon you should be able to make it a high placing though. Dedicate yourself to it, you'll be okay! Link us to the stream so we can watch!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
So yesterday I went to my 22nd tournament for smash 4 lol. But there are always more to go to!
I was only able to go to one a month... now I can't even do that! :p

I'd be behind the meta by now. I'll cheer you all on from back here until I can get back into Australia. Though peeps are welcome to play me on the 3DS at any time =P

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
Was the shiek Phuzix?? Also, I hope there's some videos of you at this tourney. I wanna get better.

Also, SUPER CONGRATS man! Those are amazing results. I really wish I could have replicated that

Last edited:

Noa.

Smash Master
That sheik was Phuzix. We are 1-2 in sets now, and I only won the most recent one.

Unfortunately there are no vids of my matches from the tournament. I really wish I could've played on stream for my pools matches against phuzix and Myran cause I was playing really well. They had switched the stream to Street Fighter by then though. :S

ILJ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
giancarlo777
3DS FC
2852-9628-7134
Good job noa!
I placed 17th at the tns tournament....and i think i saw your match against Mvd, whom i road with to the tourney..

That sheik was Phuzix. We are 1-2 in sets now, and I only won the most recent one.

Unfortunately there are no vids of my matches from the tournament. I really wish I could've played on stream for my pools matches against phuzix and Myran cause I was playing really well. They had switched the stream to Street Fighter by then though. :S

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
@ Luco Luco Canberra has been challenged to a crew battle by Atyeo, you better tune in to the stream. Can't say I like Sydney's chances with you overseas :p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
@ Luco Luco Canberra has been challenged to a crew battle by Atyeo, you better tune in to the stream. Can't say I like Sydney's chances with you overseas :p
Ohooooo, sounds like a clash for the ages! Sure, I should have time to tune in.

I am flattered, by the way <3 Though Sydney does have patv, kira, Atyeo and iKill now don't they? I dunno, it could be close, it's hard to tell. Can't wait to see how it goes <3

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
all i'm hearing is sydney has FRAUDS
"This is Luco, reporting from Israel but covering the Sydney vs. Canberra debate. We are here at the Smashboards scene where we can confirm that shots have indeed been fired. We will continue to give you coverage as the situation unfolds. Stay tuned for more information."

Get hyped! ;P

(Oh right if Shaya is back then he'll also be a big deal.)

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Shaya is back as far as I'm aware, I wouldn't expect him to be coming down (unless he wants some E Z MONEY) but if so I have much to learn from him (and don't think I won't kiss ass)

Looks like I'll be using mostly Ness and Brawler as of now, I think I'm saving my Diddy for a custom environment.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Shaya is back as far as I'm aware, I wouldn't expect him to be coming down (unless he wants some E Z MONEY) but if so I have much to learn from him (and don't think I won't kiss ***)

Looks like I'll be using mostly Ness and Brawler as of now, I think I'm saving my Diddy for a custom environment.
How good is Shaya these days? After going to the states I'd presume he'd destroy all of Australia now at smash 4 haha. :p

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Hey:happysheep:
You guys probably don't know me, since I stay most of my time in the Robin social thread, but I main'ed Ness during Melee (yes, and it was totally worth it I still say), never played Brawl but started to play SSB again with the new Sm4sh.
Of course, I had delight to discover that Ness is a lot better in this game, even if now he's became more of my secondary, either way, I've always been a fan of the Mother series.
Welp, I don't know if everyone here is a Mother fan, but I'm here today to drop this wonderful thing:

Err, cof cof...

I'm sure that some of you already saw that, but eh.

Even if it's fanmade, I think it's atmosfere is identical to that of the Mother series, heck, even the music reminds me of Earthbound sometimes, and I really, really want to play it.

Er, anyway, nice to meet you all :ness:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Welcome to the boards @ Elezir Elezir

And I just recently saw that Mother 4 trailed. I'm so hype for it. I've been waiting for many months now lol. It looks like a LOT of fun.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Does anyone know his amiibo will be exclusive to any store.
I've been checking daily, and no luck so far. He's the Amiibo I want above all others.

Ooh, have to check out the M4 trailer.

EDIT: The trailer feels very Mother-y with its humor, and the music is very EarthBound especially (compared to Mother 1 or Mother 3). I like it. Not sure how I feel about the return of paying to heal, though... Hopefully it'll be like EB where you make enough money that it makes little difference.

EDIT2: THE UNCONSCIOUS "WALKING." I'M DYING WITH LAUGHTER.

I didn't have major interest in this before and figured I'd just check it out because of curiosity, but now I'm starting to get a little hyped.

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I've been checking daily, and no luck so far. He's the Amiibo I want above all others.

Ooh, have to check out the M4 trailer.

EDIT: The trailer feels very Mother-y with its humor, and the music is very EarthBound especially (compared to Mother 1 or Mother 3). I like it. Not sure how I feel about the return of paying to heal, though... Hopefully it'll be like EB where you make enough money that it makes little difference.

EDIT2: THE UNCONSCIOUS "WALKING." I'M DYING WITH LAUGHTER.

I didn't have major interest in this before and figured I'd just check it out because of curiosity, but now I'm starting to get a little hyped.
Right?

Also, Everyone should go to their site to hear the game's preview of soundtrack: It's just awesome.
Honestly, it's probably the first fanmade game that have hyped me this much, the second being Chrono Trigger Resurrection, but that one was shot down.:sadsheep:
I honestly hope this game won't suffer the same fate (some people are saying that Itoi doesn't really care about the fanmade stuff as long as it doesn't gain any profit, and well...Nintendo isn't Square, at least.)
It does make me sad that I won't be able to give the team my money:sadsheep:

Shaymikyu

Right?

Also, Everyone should go to their site to hear the game's preview of soundtrack: It's just awesome.
Honestly, it's probably the first fanmade game that have hyped me this much, the second being Chrono Trigger Resurrection, but that one was shot down.:sadsheep:
I honestly hope this game won't suffer the same fate (some people are saying that Itoi doesn't really care about the fanmade stuff as long as it doesn't gain any profit, and well...Nintendo isn't Square, at least.)
It does make me sad that I won't be able to give the team my money:sadsheep:
Nintendo? Caring about Mother?:awesome: In all seriousness, if they didn't pull anything with the Mother 3 Fan Translation, I doubt they will here.

Noventia

Smash Cadet
New ness main here! I don't go to tourneys but I do want to get better at the game. I like how ness plays in this game, so I picked him up.

Tikao

Smash Ace
i wasn't realy active for like around one month i think, so was there anything big/awesome/relevant and new that happened regarding ness?

like some awesome advanced pk-flash technique, which makes pk-flash the best move in the game now?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
i wasn't realy active for like around one month i think, so was there anything big/awesome/relevant and new that happened regarding ness?

like some awesome advanced pk-flash technique, which makes pk-flash the best move in the game now?
Woah is there some new technique I'm not aware of? o_O

Shaymikyu

Sadly, I don't think so, though we did finally get a trailer for Mother 4 (the fangame), and it looks wonderful.

Top Bottom