• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
...so anyone else here go back to school today? If you did, did you get a prank essay assigned by your teacher, only as soon as eight minutes are up, he/she yells "STOP!" and you don't have do anymore? Yeah, my AP Euro teacher did that to me today.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Today?! Dammmmmmm! I still got a month!
Also, guess what I'm using to post this. :)
Your new iPad Air. I also use my tablet for posting on here since my laptop is so slow. Also, a tablet is really convinent for checking up on updates: you don't have to shut it down when not using it.

Also, you seriously still have a month!? I only had two weeks off of high school!

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
Wow the Zelda boards go off. I almost wanna become a zelda main.
I feel you man, I love it over in their social thread but the character just doesnt click with me :/

Question for you guys, who do you have as secondary characters? I have Diddy and Ike ready to go. I'm actually better with Diddy than Ness but I'm forcing myself to keep Ness as my #1 and Ike is my man for Teams.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Your new iPad Air. I also use my tablet for posting on here since my laptop is so slow. Also, a tablet is really convinent for checking up on updates: you don't have to shut it down when not using it.

Also, you seriously still have a month!? I only had two weeks off of high school!
summer break, i get from 20th Dec to 29th Jan

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
i kind of wish we had snow. it's easier to warm up than to cool down and we only very rarely get small hail.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
...so anyone else here go back to school today? If you did, did you get a prank essay assigned by your teacher, only as soon as eight minutes are up, he/she yells "STOP!" and you don't have do anymore? Yeah, my AP Euro teacher did that to me today.
I went back to school and now I'm stuck with 2 packets to do because I missed going to school on the 23rd

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Hmm... for some reason, the posts in this thread don't notify me, and they show up SUPER late. You guys might already be in another discussion by the time you see this post by me.

Anyways, kudos to you Luco for winning that tournament.

The Ness boards are the chillest of the chill because Earthbound is for chill people. Never change guys.

I've been trying to second Mii Gunner since Miis are about to become legal in the scene I live near, plus I just find him so much fun (even though I suck with him lol).

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I know I didn't choose to miss school my dad made me because he didn't want to get to New Jersey at the end of the day when the next day is Christmas eve
Understandable. But it still is quite a load to be saddled with. No offense, but shouldn't you have asked what would you miss so that you might have been able to do some of it over break at least?

not for me.

and i missed the last two days because of the #sydneysiege
When you go to what is ranked among the best high schools in your nation, you can't really afford to miss one or two days lest you get saddled with work and have so much notes to catch up on all on your own.

Hmm... for some reason, the posts in this thread don't notify me, and they show up SUPER late. You guys might already be in another discussion by the time you see this post by me.

Anyways, kudos to you Luco for winning that tournament.

The Ness boards are the chillest of the chill because Earthbound is for chill people. Never change guys.

I've been trying to second Mii Gunner since Miis are about to become legal in the scene I live near, plus I just find him so much fun (even though I suck with him lol).
I don't plan on changing my 'chillness' as long as no one is being a jerk. Then I'm not chill. But I haven't met many people on here that aren't chill, so I'm still chill.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
@ PSIBoy PSIBoy the trip was last minute we couldn't decide wether or not it would happen. It happened anyway and i didn't get the chance but the packets are actually not that difficult. I'm nearly done with both. :)

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
@ PSIBoy PSIBoy the trip was last minute we couldn't decide wether or not it would happen. It happened anyway and i didn't get the chance but the packets are actually not that difficult. I'm nearly done with both. :)
Oh, okay. Well, at least you aren't too saddled with homework. That would really stinks when that happens.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
you're not THAT bad
Oh right you've played my gunner lol. My huge issue is that I can't seem to ever KO with the guy. Being spoiled by Ness' excellent kill moves really makes you bad at KOing with characters who aren't as blessed :p

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Oh right you've played my gunner lol. My huge issue is that I can't seem to ever KO with the guy. Being spoiled by Ness' excellent kill moves really makes you bad at KOing with characters who aren't as blessed :p
yeah, i noticed that too. like that time my Link lived to almost 200% :p
i just like to throw out a random KO move every once in a while, even if i'm not very confident they'll connect

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
yeah, i noticed that too. like that time my Link lived to almost 200% :p
i just like to throw out a random KO move every once in a while, even if i'm not very confident they'll connect
Lol oh geez I remember that. Then I died at like around 100% and lost, telling myself "dang I REALLY should have had that one" XD

I'm a bit timid with taking risks with high recoveries like that. I mean it could work, but if it doesn't you're screwed. That's part of the reason I love Ness' KO moves. Uair and bthrow won't get you smacked if you whiff.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
lol how do you whiff bthrow? like... you can whiff a grab, but how is it possible that you whiff a Bthrow? :3

Noa.

Smash Master
When I'm deciding a main the first thing I look for is great kill power. In brawl I started out with gw but had to switch as people got better and better at avoiding his smashes. I switched to olimar who not only had his amazing u smash, but amazing kill throws. In this game Ness is one of the best characters when it comes to killing. And I've always enjoyed playing him in the past lol.

In tournament I only use Ness. I'll never pick any other character in tournament.

I don't really play any other characters. Even in friendlies I alst play exclusively ness. I only play other characters when I've played someone with my ness like 20 times and we know each other well. Then I might use Palutena, Ike, or Robin. Though lately I've been trying to pick up Diddy. I feel like learning how to play him somewhat would help me combat him.

SageEnder

Smash Cadet
NNID
carmLne
I feel you man, I love it over in their social thread but the character just doesnt click with me :/

Question for you guys, who do you have as secondary characters? I have Diddy and Ike ready to go. I'm actually better with Diddy than Ness but I'm forcing myself to keep Ness as my #1 and Ike is my man for Teams.
I have actually really been enjoying ZSS, her paralyzer feels like a better pk fire, and its interesting playing a faster character, and its is just 2 much fun getting up b kills with either ness or zss.

I actually have a problem when I start doing well where I will fish for up b kills with ness way more than I should. they just feel so hype

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
I've been enjoying luigi so much. He has so many combo options and his luigi cyclone is insane. The super jump punch kills crazy early if you land it :)

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Hey Nessers. Sorry about my absentness think I mentioned in a different thread that I had a family death but I'm more or less here now. Is there anything I need to do immediately for you guys? I really do apologize. :(

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
Hey Nessers. Sorry about my absentness think I mentioned in a different thread that I had a family death but I'm more or less here now. Is there anything I need to do immediately for you guys? I really do apologize. :(
Things have been running smoothly over here as far as I know :)

Hope you're okay, sending happiNESS your way!

<3

SageEnder

Smash Cadet
NNID
carmLne
I dont think it was getting any traction, but do we have a stickied thread, keeping track of how well ness players do in tournaments, possibly linking any videos to games from that tournament? I know we have the video thread but Im not sure where is the best videos are to watch

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I think we did have a tournament thread started, but I never stuck it due to its inactivity. If you'd like to re-start one or bump it/ask the owner about it please, by all means. I'll stick it.

SageEnder

Smash Cadet
NNID
carmLne
Also what is a good cheap video card, I want to start posting some of my gameplay for you guys to possibly look over, and I would like to see If i can find something better than video taping with my phone

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
We're fine also I hope your feeling better. <3

Top Bottom