• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
So most of you have already heard this cause I got excited about it on the skype group, but I won another tournament over here in Aus! :D

It was quite tough though haha. DK's upB customs is janky as helllllllll. @.@ No really, that windbox upB seems to do everything better than the original. I got sucked into it at one point offstage to the side, AD-ed at the wrong time and got spat out all the way below Town and City. ;_; PK Thunder couldn't save me from that death, although I tried to go for a stage bounce to second PKT but instead I think I V-ed off. :p

Here's the link, I'm in winner's finals and grand Finals. Winner's finals are at about 3 hours 47/48 minutes in. ^^

http://www.twitch.tv/sydneysmash/b/606442425

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
So most of you have already heard this cause I got excited about it on the skype group, but I won another tournament over here in Aus! :D

It was quite tough though haha. DK's upB customs is janky as helllllllll. @.@ No really, that windbox upB seems to do everything better than the original. I got sucked into it at one point offstage to the side, AD-ed at the wrong time and got spat out all the way below Town and City. ;_; PK Thunder couldn't save me from that death, although I tried to go for a stage bounce to second PKT but instead I think I V-ed off. :p

Here's the link, I'm in winner's finals and grand Finals. Winner's finals are at about 3 hours 47/48 minutes in. ^^

You won another tournament awesome. You're the man Luco! I can't wait to start competing and winning more in tourneys as well. I thankfully live in NY so a lot of tournaments are around me.
I want to represent my 2 main dudes
Ness and Luigi all the way!

Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
i saw that on the FB group. nice stuff luco

Just curious how long have you been going to tournaments?

PSIBoy

Smash Lord

Saw Winner's Finals. Don't have time to see Grand Finals. Nice set by the way. Shame you SD'ed on your first stock in the first match, though your final KO was awesome.

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
Anyone else seeing Ness shoot up the tier list like a rocket? kind of annoying me because I mained Diddy when this game came out on the 3ds version, got good and then all of a sudden he was considered "cheap" by my friends/ the smash community so I picked up Ness seriously and the same thing is going to happen again :/

Why can't I play as the special snowflake character without everyone else jumping on the band wagon?

Congrats man! keep up the good work!

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Yeah I liked maining lower tiers because I know that everyone who mains them does it not to win, but because they genuinely enjoy the character.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Anyone else seeing Ness shoot up the tier list like a rocket? kind of annoying me because I mained Diddy when this game came out on the 3ds version, got good and then all of a sudden he was considered "cheap" by my friends/ the smash community so I picked up Ness seriously and the same thing is going to happen again :/

Why can't I play as the special snowflake character without everyone else jumping on the band wagon?

Just keep maining who you want to main and enjoy it for what it is. Most people either play top tiers, interesting characters with diverse playstyles or stick to a character they love. It's fine to be one of the latter people even if that character happens to be high tier. Don't let people dissuade you from playing who you want to play as!

And thankyou! :D

@ Lochy Lochy I've been going to tournaments since late 2011 I think ^_^

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
I'll keep that advice in mind, its just so hard to shake the stigma that surrounds high tiers.

And thats "Okay"

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
With me I don't main low tier characters on purpose its just characters like shiek,diddy and rosalina and luma I don't like to use. I like to use Ness and Luigi not because I want to be a snowflake because I genuinely like to use those characters. The only top tier I have ever partially mained is Yoshi.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Just keep maining who you want to main and enjoy it for what it is. Most people either play top tiers, interesting characters with diverse playstyles or stick to a character they love. It's fine to be one of the latter people even if that character happens to be high tier. Don't let people dissuade you from playing who you want to play as!

And thankyou! :D

@ Lochy Lochy I've been going to tournaments since late 2011 I think ^_^
Nice glad to know that after 4 years you have won a fair share of tournaments.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I just use who I like to use. Or who clicks with my style in general. Just hope I don't have too many later on.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator

If you want to play a snowflake character play luigi! He has so many great combos and potential yet no one uses him.

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
If you want to play a snowflake character play luigi! He has so many great combos and potential yet no one uses him.
Agreed. Even a few on FG gave me a run for my money: the last one I fought nearly beat me even. I would try him if I didn't have eight other characters to play as... I want to avoid using even a quarter of the roster. Defiantly not half.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Agreed. Even a few on FG gave me a run for my money: the last one I fought nearly beat me even. I would try him if I didn't have eight other characters to play as... I want to avoid using even a quarter of the roster. Defiantly not half.
As Luigi is one of my mains he is a slippery one (literally). His strategy is to be unpredictable. The issues luigi has is that he has issues killing early but boy can he rack up dmg tho! He also can't approach well. But a good luigi is scary. Especially because recently someone found a chain grab for luigi.

Last edited:

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
If I started playing Luigi give it 2 weeks and some weird tech will be found that makes him better than diddy :p

I was kind of joking around with the 'special snowflake' thing, I just dont like people assuming I just pick high tiers because Im a tierwhore, Diddy and Ness are just both great characters in their respective series and I happened to like their fighting styles.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
If I started playing Luigi give it 2 weeks and some weird tech will be found that makes him better than diddy :p

I was kind of joking around with the 'special snowflake' thing, I just dont like people assuming I just pick high tiers because Im a tier*****, Diddy and Ness are just both great characters in their respective series and I happened to like their fighting styles.
Whoever you play as you play as it doesn't matter how good or bad they are in people's eyes. At the end of the day you are the player and you chose who you play as.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
wtf luco I'm impressed, now you can afford the MM ;)

Also wasn't aware this was being streamed so I was watching Miles's. Watching this though really makes me think 2 stock is the way to go. Will probably have some questions for you once I finish watching (for example: Skyloft? Why?)

I was kind of joking around with the 'special snowflake' thing, I just dont like people assuming I just pick high tiers because Im a tier*****, Diddy and Ness are just both great characters in their respective series and I happened to like their fighting styles.
Down throw to shoryuken is a true combo for Weegee #broken #plsnerf

Last edited:

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
I remember someone posting a while ago saying that we should post a thread on each of the character boards discussing the pros and cons of each matchup, I still think this is a great idea. For one it would help to have some detailed advice about each matchup from great players of respective characters, secondly it would help the guide I'm writing a bunch to have a detailed matchup section and lastly it would cut the matchup discussion threads work by half.

I'm happy to take the reigns on this one if you guys think its a good idea

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I enjoy Delfino, skyloft... I dunno. At this point I'm still trying new things and seeing how well they work, and skyloft does have a few of its benefits. People kept banning both of them against me in tournament, or one or the other... it was pretty funny ahah. =P

Not sure how the ceilings on Skyloft are. On Delfino they can get really low so Bthrow kills quite early on some transformations. :p

ilysm

sleepy
@ Sir_Zedd Sir_Zedd the list of mains next to your profile tells a long, sad story. I've mained Ness in every game, so I'm fairly unapologetic for how good he is this time around. He's not even too ridiculous. Just well-equipped.

EDIT: Just took a look at the ZSS boards. Good God, what a mess. I was interested in Zelda this time around so I took a look at the forums and they seem to be a fairly grumpy bunch (for the most part anyway). Regardless of how bad Zelda is or isn't, some of the stuff flying around there is just childish. I had thought the Smash community exhibited a degree of maturity that other FGC's didn't, but recently I haven't been too sure...

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
@ Sir_Zedd Sir_Zedd the list of mains next to your profile tells a long, sad story. I've mained Ness in every game, so I'm fairly unapologetic for how good he is this time around. He's not even too ridiculous. Just well-equipped.

EDIT: Just took a look at the ZSS boards. Good God, what a mess. I was interested in Zelda this time around so I took a look at the forums and they seem to be a fairly grumpy bunch (for the most part anyway). Regardless of how bad Zelda is or isn't, some of the stuff flying around there is just childish. I had thought the Smash community exhibited a degree of maturity that other FGC's didn't, but recently I haven't been too sure...
Apparently the Link boards bite your head off if you even ask a simple question. Glad my mains are on boards that are nice!

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
It wasn't so bad really, I've played mostly for fun up until sm4sh.

Yeah, any 'maturity'is gone for the the time being

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
how is it that the zelda social has 160+ pages? what do they post in there? really big images/GIFs?

ilysm

sleepy
Mostly they gripe Their character has been confirmed for longer, so they've had more time to discuss a lot of things. At least, that's how it seems to me; many of the characters who were confirmed ages before the demo was released have infinite social threads.

Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Hey guys guess what I finally got my...

My GameCube controller adapter!!
I picked it up at Best Buy today and I'm so happy! Bye bye wii u gamepad! I can finally do more advanced tech easier!

Top Bottom